Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029260 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Smileyin: 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello guys;
I know it's been a while since I came here. The situation I have is i am currently out of the country and i applied since July 2018 online for my student visa. Cic only requested for medicals on the 13th of June 2019 and my admission has already been cancelled cos I already deferred once and i don't have any admission pending. Should I go ahead and do medicals here in the usa without an admission letter available. Please what should I do. This is something I have waited literally 2years for cos my admission took 8 months before visa took a year approximately. Ur urgent response would be appreciated. And is there any guru that can send me their no so I can call them to discuss extensively on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Smileyin: 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
Congratulations. Please when did you apply and what route did you follow?

Kenny4real68:
APPROVAL ALERT GUYS!!!

I was in the bathroom taking my bath and at the same time playing music with my phone, my music got interrupted and it was an email that entered. Still sponging my body I walked close to my phone to see and it was CIC “donotreply”, you have a new message(s) in your account, I didn’t even know when my sponge fell off my hands. I just picked my phone and ran out of the bathroom like that with my soapy body, my mother saw me on the way and was surprised!.. I told her mum the hour is here Canada just replied and I don’t know if it’s a refusal or approval- she shouted and joined me as I run to my room-. As I was logging into my account my hands were uncontrollably and terribly shaking, My mum kept shouting for grace as my account was loading, lo and behold it’s an approval guys.. we laughed and hugged ourselves grin. Now, Let me go back and complete my shower will be back for the full testimony.

IJE CANADA ADIRO NFE (Canada Journey is not easy!!!)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Smileyin: 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
Smileyin:
Hello guys;
I know it's been a while since I came here. The situation I have is i am currently out of the country and i applied since July 2018 online for my student visa. Cic only requested for medicals on the 13th of June 2019 and my admission has already been cancelled cos I already deferred once and i don't have any admission pending. Should I go ahead and do medicals here in the usa without an admission letter available. Please what should I do. This is something I have waited literally 2years for cos my admission took 8 months before visa took a year approximately. Ur urgent response would be appreciated. And is there any guru that can send me their no so I can call them to discuss extensively on this.
cc @frankrobbn1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Smileyin: 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
Congratulations. Please April which year?

emeritus00:
PPR at exactly 12pm...

Online Application
Application submitted on 19th April
Biometric Request on 20th April
Biometric done on 23rd April
Medical Request on 2nd May
Medical done on 14th May
Medical passed on 20th May
Biometric Correspondence Letter received on 28th May
Approved and PPR on 24th June

Documents submitted will be shared later. I submitted few documents anyway
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Smileyin: 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
@HayqinsbF @michv guys please help!!!!

Smileyin:
Hello guys;
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Higherground1: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
This inquiry is for my brother, he has renewed his passport. Hopefully, he will get the new passport in two weeks. My question is this; can he send the passport with the expiry date October 2019 to the embassy and when traveling to Canada, he will show them the new passport and the other passport (expiring date October 2019) or he wait till he get the renewed passport before sending it to the embassy/VAC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
Smileyin:
Hello guys;

First and foremost, congratulations. It is long overdue. Since you Don't have a valid DLI institution it doesn't stop you from proceeding with the medical. When you get a passport request it comes with a 2yr validity. You get your study permit at the point of entry.

So before then you should have sorted out a new admission. Contact the previous institution and let them know about the recent development. You'll most likely pay for another application to get a new admission letter. Once again congratulations.

P.s: Contact the school ASAP. You'll get a 2yr visa from cic depending also on the length of your program. Whixh means you can travel anytime between that period. Worst case scenario you get a study permit extension. With the look of things you have a valid ground for that. After all they delayed your application for almost a year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
Higherground1:
This inquiry is for my brother, he has renewed his passport. Hopefully, he will get the new passport in two weeks. My question is this; can he send the passport with the expiry date October 2019 to the embassy and when traveling to Canada, he will show them the new passport and the other passport (expiring date October 2019) or he wait till I get the renewed passport before sending it to the embassy/VAC.

Did he get a passport request? ? I
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheInvestor: 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have some concerns, hope someone on this forum can help me.

I have just created an account on cic for online application .The concern I have is that the document checklist(see attached) is fewer when compared to that of paper application.... for instance, where do I upload the police clearance certificate, SOP et all?

I will appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Green4(m): 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Please gurus, i need your assistance in reviewing my SOP,
What does BVL means
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by debby4luck: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
hi guys,

online application-May 13
Biometrics - May 16
Up till now, no medical request and no update?

Any advise pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Higherground1: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
Yes, sir. I will share his timeline!

Qudkom:

Did he get a passport request? ? I

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nochyks87: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
TheInvestor:
Hello Guys,

I have just created an account on cic for online application .The concern I have is that the document checklist(see attached) is fewer when compared to that of paper application.... for instance, where do I upload the police clearance certificate, SOP et all?

All those in bolded go into the client information tab. That's the last tab in the picture.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AAO7(f): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hi.
Your supporting documents including SOP, Credentials and police clearance certificate all go under CLIENT'S INFORMATION. ( You'll need to merge the files to one document 4mb or less)

The financial documents go under PROOF OF FUNDS
TheInvestor:
Hello Guys,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staodi: 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2019
Please when one doesn’t make up to 2:1 having a Bsc, what program can you apply for since you can’t apply for masters and diploma ain’t a good progression as you stated...@ghabrhiel10 and any other who can help
Answer
ghabrhiel10:

Bro, don't lose hope. Just wait for the final decision and when it comes, if it's a refusal no fear just order your gcms note and tackle the reasons. With your profile, I doubtwhen your reasons will be heavy. I was admitted to Mohawk to last year, applied for study permit which was rejected, I felt so weak when it came and my tuition was already paid for. Thanks to the wonderful gurus on this platform that made me know about gcms. I ordered and saw that my fault was just from my SOP which one agent I used messed it up. Thank God for gcms and the gurus here, if not I would have bn tackling blind reason like; how will a person with B. Sc be going for an advanced diploma. Forward to my second app, I told myself "na my mates dey do this things with dem hand" and I started it ooo. I attached all important docs. Wrote my SOP myself then asked a friend to help vet through, I even added my gcms note to my application and two extra recommendation letter from my lecturer and HOD cos I was pained where the vo said "I'm not sure you're a student". The application finally pulled through thank God. So just chill cos this Canada study permit thing requires patience and if you're to defer your admission, do that 30days before the resumption because I know how Mohawk kept me on hold since last year September to February this year. I'm not a guru, just talking from my experience. Don't give up!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AyoPrudence(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
emeritus00:
PPR at exactly 12pm...

Online Application
Medical done on 14th May

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dubajek: 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
Congrats

emeritus00:
PPR at exactly 12pm...

Online Application
Medical done on 14th May

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
Higherground1:

Technically cic doesn't issue visas beyond the validity of your passport. Regardless of the duration of the program. You can also apply for a new passport 6months before it expires. When you get a passport request you need to comply within a month or risk loosing the offer.

I'll suggest submitting the designated passport to cic while you work on getting a new one asap. And if you have connection and lucky you can get a new passport within 2weeks to submit along side the old passport. You can also attach a letter of explanation to explain the passport validity issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
pittoilet:
BVL without medical means refusal right? BVL just came in

Hold a little glimmer of hope, but also prepare for your GCMS, delay is not denial
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Evening brother @Qudkom
Please can you take a last minute check on my SOP, I've corrected what you told me to correct few weeks back.
Thank you .

And send all the documents I have to cross check...
Thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
Higherground1:
This inquiry is for my brother, he has renewed his passport. Hopefully, he will get the new passport in two weeks. My question is this; can he send the passport with the expiry date October 2019 to the embassy and when traveling to Canada, he will show them the new passport and the other passport (expiring date October 2019) or he wait till he get the renewed passport before sending it to the embassy/VAC.
There's no penalty for either of the two, but I will suggest he get the visa on the new one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
obodooma:

Yes, i am
OK, since you are self sponsored, there some basic questions that needs answers,
You said you tuition is 31kcad for the entire program and you made deposit of $7,900cad;
So how much is the worth of the scholarship you mentioned?
The balance of 2.1m naira in your account is not enough to cover for the first year living expense, but you still need to get your gcms note to understand the VO concerns.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheInvestor: 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
I am certainly not going to be able to lay my hands on the certificate of my siblings because I don't intend informing them about my plans.
The reason for this is quite complicated.

Is it compulsory to submit these certificates?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
Higherground1:

In addition to what Qudkom said, I believe that in some passport office if you meet the right person you can have your new passport within a day, three days, or at most one week depending on the location and price you pay to the handler.

I will suggest you get the new passport and submit both old and new with a letter of explanation about the expiration date on the old passport. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
TheInvestor:
I am certainly not going to be able to lay my hands on the certificate of my siblings because I don't intend informing them about my plans.
The reason for this is quite complicated.

Is it compulsory to submit these certificates?
If you are referring to their birth certificates then the answer is NO, The only reason you will have to present their birth certificate is if you intend using them as your home tie, but if not, then you will have to look elsewhere for home tie.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
kcosam:

If you are referring to their birth certificates then the answer is NO, The only reason you will have to present their birth certificate is if you intend using them as your home tie, but if not, then you will have to look elsewhere for home tie.

Sorry but why is including siblings birth certificate used as hometies, when we have already filled their names in the family information form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Garnyangel: 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys! I have been following this thread since August 2015 so I just thought I should share my experience and travails. I applied for Canadian study visa in May 2016 but my application was denied based on purpose of visit and unemployment status. The admission I got was a college diploma from Mohawk college so my GCMS notes stated that I was going for a college diploma after having a BSc so there was no career progression.

Afterwards, I tried applying for Master's. I couldn't get a Master's admission afterwards because I have a 2-2 and all the 3 universities I applied denied me admission even though I finally met the B grade, 70% admission requirements using WES evaluation. In 2017, I tried the Express Entry route but unfortunately I couldn't make the cut-off of the Listening section in the General Training IELTS but I met the cut-off of other sections. I wrote the General Training IELTS 4 times but I still kept on getting 6.5 in my listening but 7.5 in the other sections.

In 2019, I stumbled on a university in Canada that accepts 2-2 (Université Laval). I applied for MBA-Global Business and luckily I got the admission. I was happy this MBA admission will be the right way to tackle my 'no career progression' reason by the visa officer. I applied for study permit in April 18, 2019 but by May 13th, 2019, my study permit application was denied again based on purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status! This time around, it was stated in my GCMS notes that my plans of studies was vague and had poor documentation and it appears am not well established that the proposed course am going for is a reasonable expense. I was downcast and shocked because my application was airtight and fool-proof. On both occasions, I prayed, I fasted, I even observed Tahajjud (midnight special prayers done by we Muslims)! Anyway, because I prayed fervently and fasted about these visa applications, the rejection wasn't that painful because from my experience so far, I just believe if it is not yet one's appointed time to get something, God will just somehow use something minute to delay the person for some reasons which end up being beneficial to the person. However, I was very shocked and highly disappointed. One cannot please these visa officers 100%, people on nairaland who didn't submit the fool-proof and airtight documentation like I did still got their visas.

Right now, I have decided I will earn my Master's degree in Nigeria to at least nullify my 2-2 and then I will re-apply the very last time for the study permit when am ready to earn my PhD. @frankrobbn, I have been observing you silently on this thread, you have been a very wonderful person judging by your replies to people's posts and from other people's interactions with you. Your character is similar to that of @yemdogg (I don't know where he is now anyway) who was a wonderful and selfless person too at our time in 2016, I think in thread 12 or so. @sillysassysally too has been wonderful by her interactions, replies and comportment. The guy who mentioned about the Norway option is very right. Canada is not the only heaven-on-earth place in the world. I am only enthusiastic about Canada because my elder sister stays there with her son. She is the only sister I have, we were very close before she left Nigeria (for 7 years now) and I just want to be with her on a legal immigrant status so as to keep her company thereby curtailing loneliness either from her side or from mine and also of course to get free feeding and accommodation which will eventually make me have some substantial savings. Canadian embassy has taught me not to put all my eggs in one basket anymore! I have never been denied a visa all my life! Even USA tourist visa which people said it was hard to get, I got it effortlessly when I applied. Canadian embassy wasted 4 years of my life and taught me a very big lesson in life! Canada's currency ain't even strong enough sef, just $1CAD to 275 naira so I don't know why the immigration officers are sitting on their high horses, truncating people's futures, wasting their time and then breaking their hearts. I am not having a grape-turn-sour syndrome but am just stating my candid opinions. Anyways, I will finally apply to Canada for my PhD when am ready and then use Norway, the UK and the USA as my PhD alternative plans if Canada messes up again! I have learnt, I have suffered, I came, I saw and I will conquer insha Allah. I wish everyone here best of luck and success! Cheers!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
gatsbym4:

Sorry but why is including siblings birth certificate used as hometies, when we have already filled their names in the family information form.
Why would you fill them in the CIC form without presenting their birth certificate to substantiate your claim? What will you use to proof the relationship between you? Otherwise, I can fill Dangote or Tony Elumelu as my elder brother or uncle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaloseyi66: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Lool
kcosam:

Why would you fill them in the CIC form without presenting their birth certificate to substantiate your claim? What will you use to proof the relationship between you? Otherwise, I can fill Dangote or Tony Elumelu as my elder brother or uncle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello house and those that got BVL recently, please out of clarity will there be an email notification or you just check yourself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
kcosam:

Lol...but Dangote doesn't have our surname cheesy.
We also filled our addresses on the CIC forms but did not provide utility bills to back it up.

Anyway, i have asked questions about siblings birth certificates in part 15 and some of our gurus here responded that it becomes necessary if one is using their parents as sponsors to show the parent's dependents. That means from one's siblings birth certificates it can be deduced if they are young enough to be considered dependents or not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Okonkwobestman1: 9:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
Birth certificates of siblings is not compulsory, there's more to this visa application with home ties than the siblings credentials. Moreover, it's not stated anywhere in cic website.
You can always convince the VO on home ties apart from the siblings credentials, of course you have them in the forms. Let's stop making some of these things a do or die affair.
kcosam:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.