Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival (66860 Views)

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / Yoruba Descendants All Over The World / Great Benin descendants thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Unlimitk(m): 3:00am On Jun 09, 2019
Yoruba descendants just finish celebrating obaluwaye festival
This festival is to celebrate the yoruba people and Yoruba land of west Africa and south america
Odua a gbe wa o!

88 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Unlimitk(m): 3:01am On Jun 09, 2019
More
Lalasticlala seun mynd44

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Unlimitk(m): 3:02am On Jun 09, 2019
More
Yoruba akara in 4th pix

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Sundaygeorge: 3:13am On Jun 09, 2019
What is the name of the tribe...in Brazil,that descend from Yoruba

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Unlimitk(m): 3:16am On Jun 09, 2019
Seun what's happening with nairaland
Its just giving me error
Can't I post picture again?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Sundaygeorge: 3:21am On Jun 09, 2019
Now I begin to understand...what they mine by Lagos is a no man's land ... from few comments down below shocked

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Adeoludt(m): 3:23am On Jun 09, 2019
Good

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by saheedbadmus(m): 3:36am On Jun 09, 2019
gradually this people don dey accept our tradition pass we wey get am o..

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Unlimitk(m): 3:41am On Jun 09, 2019
More

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by kheny12(m): 3:45am On Jun 09, 2019
produly Yoruba, The religion is called santeria They worship different kinds of Yoruba gods and goddess.

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by EdiAbali: 5:17am On Jun 09, 2019
Sundaygeorge:
What is the name of the tribe...in Brazil,that descend from Yoruba

Both the one in Brazil and the ones in Nigeria are all descendants of the Benin Kingdom

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Unlimitk(m): 6:25am On Jun 09, 2019
EdiAbali:

Both the one in Brazil and the ones in Nigeria are all descendants of the Benin Kingdom

Do u know that the now known lagos state was taken out of remo land and ijebu land in ogun state
Places like sagamu had their land carved into Ogun state and places like ikorodu are part of ijebu land
Most of Lagos now were taken out of ogun state and Lagos is d smallest state in Nigeria
There are many kings in Lagos who don't make noise like oba of Lagos, saying that because he is called oba of Lagos then he controls all of Lagos is a lie
The Lagos oba of Lagos control is very small
Ask anybody
Do u know of oba of elegushi
Oba of ikorodu and so on
Awori ppl are the owner of most of Lagos
The area in Lagos that was under Benin ppl was very small
Do u know there is a place called abule egba in Lagos?
Abule means village in Yoruba language,egba ppl are mostly in Abeokuta in Ogun state, but abule egba was their land before
Many places in the now known Lagos had no influence from Benin
The place oba of Lagos has domain over in Lagos is very small
It is because of d name Lagos,everybody thinks he control everywhere in Lagos
Saying Lagos is Bini land is dumb and stupid
Awori and egba and ijebu ppl land in Lagos alone is more than 70% of Lagos
Are they Benin ppl?

303 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Mraphel: 6:38am On Jun 09, 2019
EdiAbali:

ORANMIYAN the first Oba of Benin traces his Origin to ile ife

178 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Westsida: 6:50am On Jun 09, 2019
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Westsida: 6:50am On Jun 09, 2019
[s]
EdiAbali:

[/s]

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by thaoriginator: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
grin

I like it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by majamajic(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
I think Yorubas are from Brazil , just like Igbos from isreal , hausas are from Mali ?

I heard

I have a Yoruba friend from Santos in Lagos island , his granddaddy is from Brazil ,

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
majamajic:
I think Yoruba is from Brazil

I think it was during the slave-trade migration, not only Brazil but other countries too. Then lots of Yorubas indegene of other africa countries like Togo, Benin republic and co.

But the most wide spread Nigerian tribe are the Hausa/fulanis. I think there usual illiteracy, religious fanaticism and the rest is why no one is talking about them.

Ghana been making efforts to drive out the ga fulani tribe out of Ghana since.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
saheedbadmus:
gradually this people don dey accept our tradition pass we wey get am o..
Accept? Most of them ancestors were yoruba slaves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by rawpadgin(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
Beautiful and petite ❤...... My kinda woman kiss kiss

Why is there no amala & gbegiri there

13 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by 9jayes: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
I know Neymar is a yoruba man

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by LesaSid: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
Nice
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by boman2014: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
love it
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by paddyofboss(m): 6:53am On Jun 09, 2019
They all come from the Urhobos.
See below

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 09, 2019
kheny12:
produly Yoruba, The religion is called santeria They worship different kinds of Yoruba gods and goddess.
Their jazz strong o. Like they really know d voodoo thing well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by osusuallstars: 6:54am On Jun 09, 2019
Do they speak and understand Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by davillian(m): 6:54am On Jun 09, 2019
Kingpee2:
Yoruba’s are the realest tribe in the world
you would have made small sense if stopped here

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by arazanbal: 6:55am On Jun 09, 2019
Mraphel:

ORANMIYAN first Oba of Benin traces Origin to ile ife

who told you he was the first oba of binis, the ogiso's existed even before is father

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival by thaoriginator: 6:56am On Jun 09, 2019
EdiAbali:

Benin must an old as Kingdom. Nothing like Brazil in those days...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.