Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,517 members, 7,840,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

PART Three:complete Biography Of Saint Moses Orimolade..the Founder: C&S - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PART Three:complete Biography Of Saint Moses Orimolade..the Founder: C&S (557 Views)

PART Two:complete Biography Of Saint Moses Orimolade..the Founder: C&S / Complete Biography Of Saint Moses Orimolade Tunolase..the Founder: C&S / Biography Of Orimolade Tunolase Moses, Founder Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PART Three:complete Biography Of Saint Moses Orimolade..the Founder: C&S by victokafor(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
Misunderstanding and divisions
In 1929 satan struck into the Cherubim and Seraphim band and divisions ensued without any genuine or concrete reason.
Captain Abiodun Akinsowon was the first to depart from Moses Orimolade Tunolase in
March 1929 at the age of 21 ½ years. . Extracts form a letter written by Moses Orimolade
Tunolase to Miss Christianah Abiodun Akinsowo dated 8th March 1929 is quoted below: to
throw light on what happened
The Full contents of the letter can be obtained from the national achieves, University of
Ibadan - Ibadan, NAICOMCOL FILE N0 785 – The Sacred Order of Cherubim and
Seraphim
“Dear Miss Abiodun Akinsowo,
It is with greatest pain of mind that I write you this letter but it is justice to my conscience
and in the interest of the Scared Order of Cherubim and Seraphim -------
As you were one of the first fruits of my labour in Lagos, I took a great interest in you
giving you a position of trust and honour as my child in the Sacred Order of Cherubim and
Seraphim, which I sent you up country several times with other people to evangelise on
behalf of the order.
As a child I have always accorded you all the
dignity and respect due to you as my child and it may be said to your credit that you have
always obeyed my orders and been diligent about your work until about a year ago when I
noticed that through the influence of your guardians Mr & Mrs W.H. Moiyette and their
associate that they have put the action in your head: that we both are co - founders and co-
rulers of the order. You began to disobey my order and to disrespect and shamefully abuse
in rude and indecent language, those members of the order whom I have selected as a
praying band and my advisers.
I have seen that you are determined and have began to have your ways in everything -
dictating your wishes to me and not caring whether they are acceptable to me or not: - I
have come to the conclusion that in order to prevent breach of peace – I can no longer
allow that we continue together as before as two masters cannot man a ship.
I am therefore asking you through this letter to form your own society taking with you all
the members as are willing to follow and co-operate with you.
With best wishes, for your success, and thanking you for all that you have done in the past
in the cause of the Sacred Order of Cherubim and Seraphim.
I remain
Yours Sincerely
(Sgr) Moses Orimolade Tunolase
Alagba - Alias Baba Aladura”
NOTE: The above is just extracts from Moses Orimolade’s letter. It will enable each person to form opinion and have a picture of what transpired at the birth of C. &S.
Organisation. After the receipt of this letter Captain Abiodun formed her own band and
called it “The Cherubim and Seraphim Society.”
The second storm that blew against the band
The second group that broke away from Moses Orimolade were the members of the
praying band led by Pa Lawrence and Pa Adebisi. They were the pillars of the band.
Among them were the best visioners, spiritualist, preachers and bible teachers. They pulled
out with a great number of about four thousand members, in May 1929 and named their
band “The praying band of Cherubim and Seraphim Society”.
Please Note: that Cherubim and Seraphim. is apparent in the three factions. The question
now is what is different and why the separation if not born out of the flesh? The only thing
founded that was not there before was separation and division.
When the factions broke away, it was as if 90% went off leaving Moses Orimolade with
10%. Within about a year or two, the 10% with Orimolade had grown to 90%and that of
90% had diminished to 10%. New members were added daily and many of those that went
away realised their mistakes and quickly returned back to Orimolade except the leaders of
the factions.
Registration of the band
1. Moses Orimolade was the first to register his own faction, which he called “The Eternal
Sacred Order of the Cherubim and Seraphim” with registration number 316.
1. Just about two weeks after Orimolade registered his faction, the praying group
registered their own in the name of “The praying band of the Eternal Sacred order of the
Cherubim and Seraphim” with registration number 317.
1. When Captain Abiodun Akinsowon realised that others had registered their factions, she
registered her own in the name of Cherubim and Seraphim Society under the registration
number 318.
Major Lawrence and the Holy flock of Christ
Pa Lawrence was a powerful visioner and one of the praying band- that pulled out from
Orimolade camp. On the 13th April 1932, he told other people that God told him to leave
Cherubim and Seraphim” entirely because as far as C&S bands are concerned nobody
could rise against Orimolade and overcome him. On the 15th May 1932 Pa Lawrence
formed a new church called “The Holy Flock of Christ”.
Pastor Oladokun’s Questionable Thoughts: How great would it have been if all the talents
and gifts were pulled together instead of individual personal realisations: if each person
had been careful not to allow satan to creep into them and scatter them? How awesome
Cherubim and Seraphim Organisation would be today?
The last lap of Moses Orimolade Tunolase on earth
Certainly, Moses Orimolade Tunolase would have suffered emotionally, physically and
probably spiritually by the disappointments he received from people he had built
spiritually and trusted to carry on the legacy.
On the 10th July1933, Orimolade called the first conference of Cherubim and Seraphim,
which excluded secessionists. Thank God the division only happened in Lagos, it didn’t
affect the band outside Lagos.
On 5th October 1933, Orimolade moved to his friend – Rev Pastor Oguntolu at Ojokoro
near Lagos, where, his discussions changed like he was making farewell speeches. He
warned his disciples not to be at enmity with those that pulled away but if they should come
back they should be accepted.
On the 11th October at 1933 Orimolade chose Abraham Onanuga as the leader to succeed
him. He took one of his prayer garments and put it on Abraham Onanuga, blessed him and
anointed him as the leader and the head of the Cherubim and Seraphim in his own place.
Abraham Onanuga was least expected to succeed Moses Orimolade because he was new
and did not know much about the doctrines and constitution. On the 18th October 1933,
Orimolade invited all the leaders and the elders, blessed them and encouraged them to
carry on the work to the whole world. He charged them to cooperate with Abraham
Onanuga whom he had chosen as a new leader.
Orimolade passed away to eternity on October 19, 1933
At about 3.00am, on 19th October 1933, Orimolade started to pray. Prophet Agbebi and
his brother Peter Omojola were with him, they had a visitation in the form of a great light
in the prayer room and immediately the two of them keeping vigil with Moses Orimolade
fell down.
When they stood up and regained consciousness, behold the man they were guarding had
passed away. Moses Orimolade had passed away to eternity.
“Farewell my father, Orimolade Oke –Ijebu, Ajagunmokadi, Omo Oloke Meji Tako Tabo,
Omo Afiru Ekun Wonini – The teacher and founder of Cherubim and Seraphim Organisation.”
On the 20th October 1933 Moses Orimolade Tunolase was buried at – Ojokoro and since
1934 there have been remembrance services at Ojokoro by all members of Cherubim and
Seraphim Organisation worldwide.
In 1975, his body was exhumed and reburied at Ikare – his hometown. He was post –
humously honoured by the Nigerian Association of Aladura churches as the Grand
Commander of the Order of MELCHIZEDEK (G.C.O.M) and recognised as Aladura saint
in 1992.
Thank you and God bless you.
Amen
Re: PART Three:complete Biography Of Saint Moses Orimolade..the Founder: C&S by OJODEL10(m): 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
I like reading the the biographies of great men of God.

(1) (Reply)

CHANGE By Emmanuel Erim / The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches / Prophet T.B Joshua ‘resurrects’ A Dead Man (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.