Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team (6714 Views)

Nigerian Female National Team, Prepared To Face France......(see Pic) / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team / President Buhari Give N1million Each To Nigerian Female National Basketball Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by IkpuMmadu: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2019
budaatum:

There a quite a lot of people bearing Igbo and other Nigerian names and the fact that you don't know that does not make it not true. Jamaicans specifically, love Nigerian names. They use our words too.

No! We have Igbo speaking group in African countries ...they might not be Nigerians but they are Igbo ...that is what it is

1 Like

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by CoolJulian: 12:04am On Jun 11, 2019
@ Op, does it mean you are not smart enough to understand what these people are saying, or you're just trying to sound funny? Please stop claiming people who have no evidence of being connected to you...it's irritating... !

For your info, a lot of blacks in the new world bear African names, it does not mean they are directly from those particular tribes, it could be for connection or out of respect. In fact, it is very hard to find a black person whose ancestors were taken as slaves to the Americas, who would trace their lineage to just one African tribe, they are mixed-up.
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by iSlayer: 12:30am On Jun 11, 2019
There's something people don't get because of course they are not Igbo, they don't understand.

Igbo transcends nationality or indeed ethnicity. Igbo is an IDENTITY and a strong one at that.
You are or are not, no middle ground.

However, in this case she has explained the name is from the Igbo people of Nigeria. Why pick an Igbo name in particular, who knows for sure?! My guess is that her mum may be an Igbo or is related to the Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by ThePreachersSon: 7:51am On Jun 11, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

She is Igbo but might not be a Nigerian..oat Igbo don't want to be Nigerians either

She is Igbo, you don't have to tell me. I know already, her name is Chinyelu, alright.
Igbo 's do not want to be Nigerians, their business.

I only pointed to the fact that she's not Nigerian. But you want to drag this into the muddy waters of tribalism. Can y'all stop already?
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by naijaseeker: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

She is Igbo but might not be a Nigerian..oat Igbo don't want to be Nigerians either

I do not think there are Igbos native to any land outside Eastern Nigeria. Please supply proof
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by naijaseeker: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

No! We have Igbo speaking group in African countries ...they might not be Nigerians but they are Igbo ...that is what it is

I do not think there are Igbos native to any land outside Eastern Nigeria. Please supply proof
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by IkpuMmadu: 6:26am On Jun 13, 2019
naijaseeker:

You don't think...okay keep not thinking

What you don't know is that IGBO IS AN RECOGNIZED LANGUAGE IN EQUITORIAL GUINEA

https://www.nairaland.com/1536594/igbo-officially-recognized-equatorial-guinea

http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/groupdetails.aspx?peid=13167
Re: Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team by prodigyhenry: 7:21am On Jun 13, 2019
manchy7531:

Until you show me Cameroonians and Jamaicans answering Chinyelugo as their first and second names, you are not making any sense

For crying out loud this is 2019, why would people still think like this. A name doesn't validate your heritage or roots. If you're saying she's Nigerian because of her name that means every Nigerian bearing English names like Smith, Martin and co are British or those who bear Jewish names like Peter or John are Israelites. Rotimi Amaechi is a rivers man through and through but bears a Yoruba name, does that make him a Yoruba man. All these are just names for Christ sakes. For example there are people in Brazil that have Yoruba roots and bear Yoruba names I met alot of the in the US does that make them Nigerian. The lady has said she isn't Nigerian but you're trying to force an heritage on her, you know her roots more than her I guess. We don't know how she came about that name and she might even be Igbo but she isn't NIGERIAN. Maybe you have to go back and study social studies because you're equating ethnicity to country, there are many Fulanis that are not Nigerians it's an African ethnic group, same with Igbo and yorubas. Just because the highest concentration of those groups are found in nigeria doesn't mean all of the ethnic group is in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa, the NPL Top Scorer, Is Just 17 / SHOCKING Uganda POLICE SEXUALLY assaulted FEMALE SOCCER FANS in pretext of check / Stakegains Is The Best Football Prediction Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.