Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) (20786 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by oyigah(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2019
Edo people funny sha, what is edo known for aside human trafficking?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by IkpuMmadu: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
we get all these juju and the white men still enslaved us?..chai!!
and exiled the former
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by MyGeneration(m): 8:49am On Jun 10, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Glycosunde: 8:50am On Jun 10, 2019
Showcasing ur culture n heritage is not bad. U don't understand d plight of some demented people castigating against it n yt will celebrated d whites when dey showcase theirs. HYPOCRITE
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by amaniro: 8:55am On Jun 10, 2019
AHCB:
even the sultan of Sokoto?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Elemosho478: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2019
MyGeneration:

So if people are talking about civilization even Yorubas would be talking. See mumu.

A Yoruba man that even if he stays all his life abroad that cannot speak one correct English or is it all the babas that are littered all over Lagos?

I know the truth hurts if e pain u knack your head for wall

If I see any picture about Okija even I will criticize it so stop acting stup1d

So if people are talking about civilization it is Igbo that suppose to be talking?

Igbo that were still living in jungle and running amok and naked until Igala colonized you

Yoruba have the highest number of proffessors in this country and Yoruba is still the most Educated tribe in Nigeria.

English is not our language, it is our colonial language and I don't know how fluency in English speaking can be use to determine level of civilization and education.

China don't speak English but It doesn't stop their civilization, same as Spain, Italy etc

You see why I say you reek of Inferiority complex and low self esteem, no wonder you are ashame of speaking your language in public

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by LBanks(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2019
BaaleOko:

Lmaoo look at this clown, pray tell what exactly is "great" about Edo? The only thing great about Edo is exporting prostitutes on international level to Italy, cultism, juju, and still basking in the relics of an old overrated empire that got reduced to rubbles in just few days by the British(meanwhile your Igbo neighbors resisted British colonialism for half a decade during the Ekumeku war even without an empire ). Name just 10 accomplishments of top Edo personalities on a global scale, and I'll list 200 accomplishments by people from just my Local government area in Imo state, not the entire Igbo nation...just my small autonomous LGA alone will trash the whole Edo nation combined. Don't even go there, find your level with other small wash-wash tribes, una no reach.

U don't need to respond to every trash posted by a cretin na

See Igbo see Benin, that is unto wetin na, unto mates or comparison as in human capital or wealthwise or academics o what exactly?

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by MyGeneration(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2019
E concern them sha

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Alphaman007: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2019
MyGeneration:

Most educated tribe in Nigeria in your dumb head. When all the statistics says something the the contrary. Yorubas are civilized if course by acting like Miscreants and thugs up and down with useless diabolical things being thrown over all the streets in the south west. If not for Lagos and Nigeria by now you people would be dragging backwardness with Benin republic mumu set of people

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Kanoute(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2019
In as much as some of these traditions may still be archaic and does not breed progress to its community, but we should respect the tradition of our forefather.

The one that said the Oba of Benin is under a local government chairman, it seems you are a bad student of history... During the military regime of 1998 in Edo state, Anthony Onyearugbulem the then military administrator, tried to make chairmanship of the council of Obas in Edo State a rotational position, an affront to the king of the ancient Benin Kingdom... He died in mysterious circumstances
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Bestchoice4me(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2019
Talk only wetin u know Alaye.. Nairalanders always forming ITK.. Get ur fact right b4 posting shit
obiekunie2:
WITH ALL THIS SWAG, HE IS STILL UNDER A LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMAN WHO CAN DECIDE TO MESS HIM ANY TIME AND ANY DAY! cheesy cheesy

NAIJA! VERY FUNNY COUNTRY WITH VERY FUNNY SETUP! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Elemosho478: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2019
MyGeneration:

Most educated tribe in Nigeria in your dumb head. When all the statistics says something the the contrary. Yorubas are civilized if course by acting like Miscreants and thugs up and down with useless diabolical things being thrown over all the streets in the south west. If not for Lagos and Nigeria by now you people would be dragging backwardness with Benin republic mumu set of people

Yoruba is the most Educated tribe in Nigeria and you can slam your head

Yoruba have the highest numbers of Professors, teachers, doctors, lecturers, pharmacists, etc

there is no proffession in Nigeria you won't find Yoruba dominating e.g. Tailoring, Barbing, Plumbing, mechanics, Aluminum works, Rewiring, electrical works, panel beating, Furnituring, Carpentry, Hairdressing, Bricklayering etc

Best higher Institutions in Nigeria either public or private are in South West.

You see just because no one is interested in what is going on in your backward enclaves doesn't mean you can use that as an opportunity for hyprocrisy.

There are alot of miscreants, thugs, and diabolical things flying around in South East and you also lack proper civilization and education. In fact the only thing you are good in is invading other people cities in order to trade and exchange money, you are still the most Backward tribe in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Bestchoice4me(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2019
Gbamest.. Louder pls, make dem hear..
Elemosho478:

Yoruba is the most Educated tribe in Nigeria and you can slam your head

Yoruba have the highest numbers of Professors, teachers, doctors, lecturers, pharmacists, etc

there is no proffession in Nigeria you won't find Yoruba dominating e.g. Tailoring, Barbing, Plumbing, mechanics, Aluminum works, Rewiring, electrical works, panel beating, Furnituring, Carpentry, Hairdressing, Bricklayering etc

Best higher Institutions in Nigeria either public or private are in South West.

You see just because no one is interested in what is going on in your backward enclaves doesn't mean you can use that as an opportunity for hyprocisy.

There are alot of miscreants, thugs, and diabolical things flying around in South East and you also lack proper civilization and education. In fact the only thing you are good in is invading other people cities in other to trade and exchange money, you are still the most Backward tribe in Nigeria
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by proxillin(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2019
Igbo people insulting my Benin brothers. Na dem say make u no get culture..

By the way I'm proudly. Yoruba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by MyGeneration(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2019
The culture though
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by proxillin(m): 9:53am On Jun 10, 2019
MyGeneration:

In your foolish stup1d Yoruba mind you expect me to read all those trash. You are really stup1d o. I thought it was a joke I didn't know it was real

Can any of your kinsmen do without Lagos?

Lagos is ur london...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by amp01(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2019
obiekunie2:
WITH ALL THIS SWAG, HE IS STILL UNDER A LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMAN WHO CAN DECIDE TO MESS HIM ANY TIME AND ANY DAY! cheesy cheesy

Which local govt chairman? Maybe you think this is Kano state.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Elemosho478: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2019
MyGeneration:

In your foolish stup1d Yoruba mind you expect me to read all those trash. You are really stup1d o. I thought it was a joke I didn't know it was real

The fact that you are even using fluency in English speaking as a criteria to determine level of civilization and education prove you are uncivilized and you are still an illiterate.

Go and tell people in Germany, Italy, China, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Finland, France etc that their inability to speak English make them uncivilized and uneducated.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by babyfaceafrica: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2019
Kanoute:
In as much as some of these traditions may still be archaic and does not breed progress to its community, but we should respect the tradition of our forefather.

The one that said the Oba of Benin is under a local government chairman, it seems you are a bad student of history... During the military regime of 1998 in Edo state, Anthony Onyearugbulem the then military administrator, tried to make chairmanship of the council of Obas in Edo State a rotational position, an affront to the king of the ancient Benin Kingdom... He died in mysterious circumstances
but this juju dey and the whites enslaved us and exiled the king?...why the power no work?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by kinglee007(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2019
Beulah77:

You sure say you get sense so ooo, Oba of Benin under local govt chairman! You are really insane

Abeg Leave am. Na pikin dey worry am. A whole OBA of Benin under common local government chairman. Indomie children nowadays sef.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by zed7: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2019
Let people practice their culture in peace. In the old testament people spilled blood of animals to appease God and it wasn't diabolical, but u call this diabolical. Culture is a way of life of a people. Serving their 'juju' doesn't make them inferior to any culture in the world. It doesn't make them undefeatable in war, they are just doing what they believe in. Let's learn to mind our own business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Kanoute(m): 10:17am On Jun 10, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
but this juju dey and the whites enslaved us and exiled the king?...why the power no work?

Me too I don't know why.... grin

Maybe they studied the binis to know the weakness of what they practiced... Maybe they were able to see a loophole in the system or maybe they worked with the greed of some people to cause disunity.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by SocialJustice: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2019
obiekunie2:

Even the president can't mess with the Oba, he is not an Emir that has been a political position from inception.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by MyGeneration(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2019
LoL
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by MyGeneration(m): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2019
Elemosho478:

The fact that you are even using fluency in English speaking as a criteria to determine level of civilization and education prove you are uncivilized and you are still an illiterate.

Go and tell people in Germany, Italy, China, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Finland, France etc that their inability to speak English make them uncivilized and uneducated.

Na my find trouble by dragging Yoruba into a mater that does not concern them. It's ok I retract my words
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by troubleseller: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2019
obiekunie2:

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by BaaleOko: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2019
LBanks:

U don't need to respond to every trash posted by a cretin na

See Igbo see Benin, that is unto wetin na, unto mates or comparison as in human capital or wealthwise or academics o what exactly?
I tire bros, the cheek of this people...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Emzenoz(m): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2019
MrMumu:
Ugly man
From username I can see you are called Mr mumu so no need digressing further

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by ernieboy(m): 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
we get all these juju and the white men still enslaved us?..chai!!
juju vs guns and artillery, historically guns always come out on top.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Celebrates Ugie Ivie Festival In Palace (photos) by Badonasty(m): 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
Mandynews:
More
hope this boy won't be buried with him when he dies sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta Attire. / The Language Of Talking Drums In Yoruba Land / Igwe Barr. Kenneth Maduka's Birthday: Dr. Maduka Celebrates His Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.