Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,445 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment (6152 Views)

Buhari’s Aides, Ex-govs, APC Bigwigs Intensify Lobby For Ambassadorial Appointme / Buratai, Other Ex-Service Chiefs In Senate For Ambassadorial Screening / Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by okosunehis: 2:03pm On Jun 10, 2019
…APC National Chairman may be Nigeria’s ambassador to Asian country

President Muhammadu Buhari has tipped the National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, for an ambassadorial appointment.

Sources close to the Presidency hinted that Oshiomhole’s choice was informed by the former governor’s labour background where he made his mark as an astute negotiator, a skill the Buhari administration seeks, to deepen bilateral relations with countries where Nigeria has strategic interest.

Some sources speculate that Oshiomhole is on his way to China to serve as Nigeria’s ambassador in that country, to strengthen growing trade and other relations between both countries.

Nigeria is currently in a series of robust bilateral engagements with China covering trade; culture; lines of credit for infrastructure financing; and several other areas.

Specifically, the China Exim-Bank has extended lines of credit to the Nigerian government to finance rail and other infrastructure, while the Chinese construction giant, CCECC renders construction and engineering services across the country.

If Buhari’s interest in Oshiomhole pulls through, the ambassadorial slot for Edo State currently held by Uyi Igbe, who is serving in Mozambique, will go to Edo North, in the person of Oshiomhole.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by ajebuter(f): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
Dem wan send Osho Baba on long distance errand be that...

That would be good for Obaseki..

Though I am not from Edo, but my Edo colleagues said the Obaseki is doing ok except for interference from his godfather..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by SarkinYarki: 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
used and dumped

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by Paperwhite(m): 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
cheesy Finally Oshiomole is about to be remove from the scheme of the unfolding 2023 power play tussle.Trust me, the bigot president will find another core hausa-fulani to replace him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by Jmk9292(m): 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hmm.. When they want to retire you in politics they would give you reasons why they think you would make a good diplomat..... If this is true.... Well it's still better than staying in the village and be greasing burial occasions and ceremonies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by Mcreloaded(m): 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
Wonder if it's what Oshiomhole wants or it's a way to push him aside .

Obaseki just finished visiting Buhari and this is coming up, what a coincidence.

Witch cry for night and pikin die day break them no need ask who kill the pikin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by demolinka(m): 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
But if person tell me, for 03/04 say osho baba go dey follow government jollificate one day, I go say na lie!

Politics sha..

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by Amuocha: 2:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Going going gone grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by Annie939(f): 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
this is total retirement, he will soon become absentee politician .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by iluvdonjazzy: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2019
Oshiomhole the slayer of godfather who has now become the chief godfather.
Re: Buhari Tips Oshiomhole For Ambassadorial Appointment by Peacecore: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
Fake news in it's highest order

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC Strategist, Joe Igbokwe Dirty Quarrel With Wife- Video / States Spend ₦‎1.7 Trillion On Trips, Meals, Others, Borrow ₦‎988 Billion / There Are No Igbos In South South Only Migrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.