Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,464 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu (10118 Views)

Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency / North West Tops With 12 Commissioners Of Police, South East Only 1 / Abia Decides:"we Deliver In Grandstyle"says Orji Kalu Wins Polling Unit Widely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Naijadaily: 2:21pm On May 22, 2022
The Chief Whip of the Senate, Sen. Orji Kalu, says the North East remains the only alternative to South East presidency.

Kalu, in a statement on Sunday in Abuja, reaffirmed his support to the North East in the absence of the Presidency being zoned to the South East by political parties.

Kalu said his position was because no Igbo man loved the Igbo people than he does.

A foremost nationalist, Chief Mbazuluike Amechi, had criticised Kalu for seemingly abandoning the quest for South East presidency and throwing his weight behind Senate President Ahmed Lawan.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Kalu who had been advocating for a South East presidency in 2023, had also in January announced his personal interest in the office.

However, in a recent statement, the former governor of Abia said he decided to withdraw from the race since there was “no zoning in APC’’.

“I have known Chief Mbazuluike Amaechi for the past 30 years and I have great respect for him.

“However, I totally disagree with him and his opinion about my support for the Senate President, Dr Ahmad Lawan.

“If we should stick to every of the expectations enumerated in the statement he allegedly signed, we would be making similar mistakes we made in the past.

“There is no Igbo man that loves Igbo people more than I do,’’ Kalu said.

Describing himself as a detribalised Nigerian, Kalu added that he remained a very realistic and optimistic Igbo man.

According to the former governor of Abia, people easily forgot the too many prices I have paid in defence of Ndigbo.

“Good politicians win elections before the elections take place and I genuinely want the South East to win.

“I expected that the president, after President Buhari, will emerge from the South East.

“That was why I was constantly urging all the political parties to be fair to every region of this country.

“The fairness which I talked about was about the South East and the North East, the two zones that are yet to produce the President of Nigeria.

“Unless the two parties zone their tickets to the South East, there is no fairness. I believe the zoning was the best means a South Easterner could become president,’’ Kalu said.

According to him, the South East supported the South West in 1999 and also supported the South South in 2011 and 2015.

“Former President Olusegun Obasanjo became President in 1999 because the South East and the South South supported the South West.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan became president in 2011 because the South East and the South West supported the South South.

“So, what stops South West and South South aspirants from withdrawing from the race to support only the South East aspirants?

“In my previous statements, I applauded a couple of South West and South South elders who extended their support to our region and also called on other regions to consider the South East for President.

“However, we cannot continue to rely on oral support and mere statements when what is needed most is practical action.

“And what is this action? persuading and stopping your sons and kinsmen to drop their presidential ambition for the South East. Anything less than that is hypocritical and we cannot fall for it again.

“If all we do is to rely on statements and speeches of elder statesmen without taking decisive steps, we would be left behind politically again and we don’t want that to happen.

“If I am right, let posterity applaud me, if I am wrong, let it judge me,’’ Kalu said. 

https://guardian.ng/news/north-east-only-alternative-to-south-east-presidency-says-orji-kalu/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by PrinceOfLagos: 2:24pm On May 22, 2022
Tinubu derailed the south chances of getting the presidency in 2023 and the northerners took advantage of that ..

It's unfortunate I must say

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by ogbuefi677(m): 2:28pm On May 22, 2022
Nothing but the truth.
I remember the story about how the tortoise and other animals were going for a ceremony and the tortoise announced to d others that he has adopted the name "all of you".
So,anytime they bring food or drinks or meat and say "it is for all of u" the tortoise will corner all of it alone.
That's d trick Kamorudeen them want to play wt d whole South but mbanu, you can't guy a gagwo grin
After Lawan,na imam Shekau

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:30pm On May 22, 2022
allow us to build bridge just as SW constructed 3rd mainland bridge in 2015.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by pinkPUSSY(f): 2:31pm On May 22, 2022
: Lawan, on your mandate we yorubas stand

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Ebubu3: 2:34pm On May 22, 2022
I stand with OUK

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Ebubu3: 2:35pm On May 22, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
: Lawan, on your mandate we yorubas stand
yes ooo Yoruba stand behind Ahmed Lawan gidigba

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Ebubu3: 2:36pm On May 22, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
allow us to build bridge just as SW constructed 3rd mainland bridge in 2015.

South East is extending the second Niger Bridge from Asaba to North East

The reward is VP

Yoruba have been advising us to build bridges instead of burning it and we have put it into action today.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:42pm On May 22, 2022
Ebubu3:

South East is extending the second Niger Bridge from Asaba to North East

The reward is VP

Yoruba have been advising us to build bridges instead of burning it and we have put it into action today.

U get d point. Thou shall leave long. Pa Amaechi will surely come around

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by shigishege: 3:34pm On May 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Tinubu derailed the south chances of getting the presidency in 2023 and the northerners took advantage of that ..

inconsequential ipob yoot. But I think ameachi will be president?? What has changed.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by PrinceOfLagos: 3:35pm On May 22, 2022
shigishege:
inconsequential ipob yoot. But I think ameachi will be president?? What has changed.
Primaries is just a week away , stop wailing

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Ebubu3: 3:41pm On May 22, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

U get d point. Thou shall leave long. Pa Amaechi will surely come around
surely
Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by shigishege: 3:41pm On May 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

someone said you no longer have elders in your region that people who residenin Europe and thurgs are the ones controling you people. How true is that??

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Malory: 3:42pm On May 22, 2022
Gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by shigishege: 3:42pm On May 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

but the things is ibo can never be president of Nigeria. Agreed??

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by FactBoyz: 3:45pm On May 22, 2022
tongue
Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by princepee: 3:46pm On May 22, 2022
If the south east will not have it, let it remain in the north!
We in the south must have sense by force.
Only ogun State have like five candidates.
We in the south are not serious.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by PrinceOfLagos: 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
shigishege:
but the things is ibo can never be president of Nigeria. Agreed??
So is Tinubu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Trumann: 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
South East Presidency when Peter Obi cannot even campaign in the East.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by olas24u(f): 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Even after this igbos will wait and will not get it, you can't continue to work against the interest of Yoruba people.

14 Likes

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Obagreatdatoye(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
Waste of time
Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Whazar(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
Let’s be truthful only these two zones have not produced Nigerian president

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Risingblue008(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
D
Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Natty14(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
I-di-o-tu

3 Likes

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by polite2(m): 3:48pm On May 22, 2022
Stop talking already!!!!!

Ewu Gambia

1 Like

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Trumann: 3:48pm On May 22, 2022
shigishege:
someone said you no longer have elders in your region that people who residenin Europe and thurgs are the ones controling you people. How true is that??

That princeoflagos is an economic refugee from Imo but lives in Lagos. He dare not stay in his village for 2 weeks, the Ipob he supports will behead him.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by onadana: 3:49pm On May 22, 2022
The worm that destroys the apple lives in the apple.This one is already positioning himself for vice president.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Mikelarteta(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2022
We warned this Iragbiji thief he didn’t listen, it will soon clear in his eyes say Fulani and hausa no Dey take power joke.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North East, Only Alternative To South East Presidency, Says Orji Kalu by Mandate2023: 3:49pm On May 22, 2022
grin grin grin grin igbos are just bunch of confusionist, nw that his already supporting another northerner after Buhari what makes him think lawan than a better chance than him if he also contest....don't know why igbos see hausas as their lord, grin

D foolish only haters supporting Amaechi are blaming tinubu already again, what a set of foolish confusionist

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Customs Duty And VAT On CNG Conversion Kits Imports – Ngelale / Gej's Manifesto / 2019: Politicians Storing Weapons, Planning Post-Poll Violence - Security Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.