Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Papa's Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Papa's Love (447 Views)

Helicopter Papa / Helicopter Papa / Papa's New Wife : A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Papa's Love by Sezioha(m): 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2019
I didn’t know what was going on. But I knew that whatever it was, it wasn’t all good.

Mama Nkechi was holding Mama so tightly. Even though the big body of Mama would toss the skinny body of Mama Nkechi around, she persisted in holding mama from thrashing and kicking.

Our sitting room was so filled to the brim with people that it threatened to spill over.

The first time people thronged to our house was when Papa invited them for a celebration. They came and had their stomachs filled with the rice and Salad Mama and other women who came around had prepared.

That night, Papa told me and Ezinne my younger sister that our lives were taking a new leave. He told us that the government had called him up for a peace treaty. I couldn’t understand why Papa would have to hold a celebration when he was leaving —when he had planned to leave us behind to a different world altogether.

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/06/10/papas-love/

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows This Book? / No Safe Haven - A Story By Mariam Bint Haruna About Sudan Massacre / Broken Pieces Of China.(Short Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.