Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us (37131 Views)

Anambra Native Doctor: Why I Didn’t Disappear When Kidnappers Struck (Video) / VIP Whose Police Orderly Was Filmed Carrying Plate Of Food Speaks, Claims Its Fo / Lai Mohammed: My Orderly Tells Me Happenings In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by ifunanyababe(f): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us -Akeredolu
-Says kidnapping now fashionable

Rotimi Akeredolu, Governor of Ondo State, says his orderly became jittery when his convoy encountered a gang of kidnappers, boasting that he cannot be whisked away by the criminals.

He admitted that travelling on Nigerian roads has become a major source of worry for the rich and the poor.

The Ondo governor stated this on Sunday night during a live broadcast programme aired on the government-owned Ondo State Radio-Vision Corporation (OSRC) in Akure, the state capital.

"I have encountered them once and even as a governor with my crew, I remembered I had to tell my people to move on. My orderly was shaking. But I said wherever they (kidnappers) were, we would confront them," Akeredolu said.

"There is no need to run away. On my way to Ibadan the last time, we saw them and we moved but the advantage is that by the time, we shoot into the air, they scampered into the bush.

"Even if I walk they cannot kidnap me. I have passed the stage. Kidnapping is not limited to those poor people alone, and I agreed that those with convoys might be safe."

The governor, who revealed that his convoy was almost attacked on the Ibadan-Akure road by the suspected kidnappers, stressed that he cannot be kidnapped because he rides in a convoy of armed security men.

On the increasing rate of kidnapping, Akeredolu said: "It is what happened to every other generation. There was a time armed robbery was very prevalent but that is fading away gradually.

"It is becoming a fashion to go into kidnapping. I now know that traveling from here (Akure) to Ibadan is now a source of concern because people now go by rail. But you can go by air from Lagos to Akure and do your business; that is the advantage our government has created.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/10/my-orderly-was-shaking-when-kidnappers-confronted-us-akeredolu

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by dawnomike(m): 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
Iz well...
Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by ifunanyababe(f): 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
ifunanyababe:
Rotimi Akeredolu, Governor of Ondo State, says his orderly became jittery when his convoy encountered a gang of kidnappers, boasting that he cannot be whisked away by the criminals. He admitted that travelling on Nigerian roads has become a major source of worry for the rich and the poor.

The Ondo governor stated this on Sunday night during a live broadcast programme aired on the government-owned Ondo State Radio-Vision Corporation (OSRC) in Akure, the state capital. "I have encountered them once and even as a governor with my crew, I remembered I had to tell my people to move on. My orderly was shaking. But I said wherever they (kidnappers) were, we would confront them," Akeredolu said. "There is no need to run away. On my way to Ibadan the last time, we saw them and we moved but the advantage is that by the time, we shoot into the air, they scampered into the bush. "Even if I walk they cannot kidnap me. I have passed the stage. Kidnapping is not limited to those poor people alone, and I agreed that those with convoys might be safe." The governor, who revealed that his convoy was almost attacked on the Ibadan-Akure road by the suspected kidnappers, stressed that he cannot be kidnapped because he rides in a convoy of armed security men.

On the increasing rate of kidnapping, Akeredolu said: "It is what happened to every other generation. There was a time armed robbery was very prevalent but that is fading away gradually. "It is becoming a fashion to go into kidnapping. I now know that traveling from here (Akure) to Ibadan is now a source of concern because people now go by rail. But you can go by air from Lagos to Akure and do your business; that is the advantage our government has created. This news first appeared on SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/06/my-armed-men-were-shaking-when.html

Reading this guy talk sef... Is he encouraging rail transportation system

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by tyup(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
My pity only goes to innocent harmless civilians these Armed men show strength and power on sad

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by slivertongue: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
most of d men in d security forces are shit men. pure cowards

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by Adephemmy300: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2019
Which yeye advantage, how many people have money for flight.. Shay na all of us get convoy, that Ibadan-Akure road has been like that for a while now but dem no care, after he passed through what measures has he taken to ensure that such doesn't linger on.. I read an account of a woman who was abducted alongside her family on that road, it was traumatising. Please they should do something and he shouldn't come out and be saying shit.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by Jakumo(m): 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
Adephemmy300:
Which yeye advantage, how many people have money for flight.. Shay na all of us get convoy, that Ibadan-Akure road has been like that for a while now but dem no care, after he passed through what measures has he taken to ensure that such doesn't linger on.. I read an account of a woman who was abducted alongside her family on that road, it was traumatising. Please they should do something and he shouldn't come out and be saying shit.

His Excellency has given us some wise advice, which is that when you suspect there to be kidnappers or armed banditos on the road ahead of you, simply instruct your platoon of armed bodyguards to unleash a barrage of machine-gun fire, so as to frighten the bad guys away.

And for those of you who do NOT travel with armed troops, God bless Nigeria, and thank you for your support ha ha ha.

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by ifunanyababe(f): 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2019
Jakumo:

His Excellency has given us some wise advice, which is that when you suspect there to be kidnappers or armed banditos on the road ahead of you, simply instruct your platoon of armed bodyguards to unleash a barrage of machine-gun fire, so as to frighten the bad guys away.

And for those of you who do NOT travel with armed troops, God bless Nigeria, and thank you for your support ha ha ha.

You eh

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by captianfreeman(m): 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
Is okay like that.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by ifunanyababe(f): 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
captianfreeman:
Is okay like that.

grin

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by Kylekent59: 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
And they want foreign investors to come and invest in Nigeria grin grin

SMH

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by ifunanyababe(f): 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
Kylekent59:
And they want foreign investors to come and invest in Nigeria grin grin

SMH

Are you thinking what I'm hthinking?

9 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by franchasng: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yet Yoruba youths see Buhari as their hero and spend most of their precious time attacking and bullying Igbos who have done them no bad, it is well

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by hisexcellency34: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
Otondo. Even if you walk they can't kidnap him. Why not walk on Abuja- Kaduna road and see what happens?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by BuhariAdvocate: 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
This maybe false.
Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by JonDon12: 8:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
This guy is a mumu. How many people have money for orderlies or bodyguards. Isn't it the governments job to provide security for their taxpayers. Or are Ondo and Oyo people exempt from taxes and security. This is the problem with Nigeria. We take our votes and vote for Rubbish like this guy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by ifunanyababe(f): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
grin
hisexcellency34:
Otondo. Even if you walk they can't kidnap him. Why not walk on Abuja- Kaduna road and see what happens?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by Amuocha: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2019
But where is dominique sef shocked
Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by ifunanyababe(f): 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
Amuocha:
But where is dominique sef shocked

Your personal nigga cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by flington4550(m): 12:00am On Jun 11, 2019
This Governor doesn’t depend on bodyguards my people, na better otumopoo, odieshi and entroage of them mama wey Dey live between heaven and earth lol
How den won take kidnap am ?

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by MetaPhysical: 1:14am On Jun 11, 2019
ifunanyababe:
Rotimi Akeredolu, Governor of Ondo State, says his orderly became jittery when his convoy encountered a gang of kidnappers, boasting that he cannot be whisked away by the criminals. He admitted that travelling on Nigerian roads has become a major source of worry for the rich and the poor.

The Ondo governor stated this on Sunday night during a live broadcast programme aired on the government-owned Ondo State Radio-Vision Corporation (OSRC) in Akure, the state capital. "I have encountered them once and even as a governor with my crew, I remembered I had to tell my people to move on. My orderly was shaking. But I said wherever they (kidnappers) were, we would confront them," Akeredolu said. "There is no need to run away. On my way to Ibadan the last time, we saw them and we moved but the advantage is that by the time, we shoot into the air, they scampered into the bush. "Even if I walk they cannot kidnap me. I have passed the stage. Kidnapping is not limited to those poor people alone, and I agreed that those with convoys might be safe." The governor, who revealed that his convoy was almost attacked on the Ibadan-Akure road by the suspected kidnappers, stressed that he cannot be kidnapped because he rides in a convoy of armed security men.

On the increasing rate of kidnapping, Akeredolu said: "It is what happened to every other generation. There was a time armed robbery was very prevalent but that is fading away gradually. "It is becoming a fashion to go into kidnapping. I now know that traveling from here (Akure) to Ibadan is now a source of concern because people now go by rail. But you can go by air from Lagos to Akure and do your business; that is the advantage our government has created. This news first appeared on SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/06/my-armed-men-were-shaking-when.html

Im not sure Akeredolu was ever ready for governance. Its not every SAN that has the capacity to govern and Akeredolu is one of those.

I pity Ondo people. Your Governor does not fit in the political class of a Yoruba politician. This guy does not know how to talk politics at all. What a mess!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by leofab(f): 2:28am On Jun 11, 2019
Social media; Nigerian Activists and the government in one picture.

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by oz4real83(m): 5:24am On Jun 11, 2019
Instead of confronting them with your security team, you shot into the air to scare them away embarassed. May God continue to protect the ordinary Nigerians who are left exposed to the consequences of govt's failures.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by porka: 5:42am On Jun 11, 2019
A governor is not safe with his orderly? Has he changed him now?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by porka: 5:48am On Jun 11, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Im not sure Akeredolu was ever ready for governance. Its not every SAN that has the capacity to govern and Akeredolu is one of those.

I pity Ondo people. Your Governor does not fit in the political class of a Yoruba politician. This guy does not know how to talk politics at all. What a mess!

Ok. But he is talking about security here.

Do you think he should have kept mum because of 2023 presidency like others, or what?

Dont you think sacrificing Yoruba people and Yorubaland for anyone's 2023 political ambition is too much?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by slimfit1(m): 6:13am On Jun 11, 2019
This one is a fake leader, how will you not inform the police about these incidents as if it's a normal thing, so we can go and die like that a bi

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by MetaPhysical: 6:26am On Jun 11, 2019
porka:

Ok. But he is talking about security here.

Do you think he should have kept mum because of 2023 presidency like others, or what?

Dont you think sacrificing Yoruba people and Yorubaland for anyone's 2023 political ambition is too much?

Talking security my @ss! He failed to act and secure that road.

He caused kidnappers to retreat into bush when his ADC fired warning shots. He identified kidnappers, no consequence, no arrest, no shoot at sight and kill, no body bag.....but now the people coming behind governor on that road are at risk.

This Governor is telling us kidnapping is a trend and to bear through it like we did armed robbery. People did not bear through armed robbery, we just did not have choice and many people lost lives and property. Is the Governor advising us that government will treat kidnapping and terrorism like they did arm robbery.....use citizen lives and bloodshed to earn security allocations?

This Governor should not return to govern anywhere in Yorubaland. We donate him to go govern in SE.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by Realist2: 7:18am On Jun 11, 2019
Bonbonclat!. At least he feels what a common man in the street is feeling every day.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by nairalee(m): 7:30am On Jun 11, 2019
Rubbish talk. How many people can afford taking flight? He's not even ashamed that Kidnappers are having a field day in his state so tey they are now so bold to make attempts at him.

Nigerian leaders are so incompetent and ineffective

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by Gsteve01(m): 7:31am On Jun 11, 2019
grin grin
Bros, your orderly sef na human being like you na. He no get 2 lives.
Re: Akeredolu: My Orderly Was Shaking When Kidnappers Confronted Us by Buharimustgo: 7:31am On Jun 11, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Wants To Cut Off These 7 Ministers From Buhari - Sahara Reporters / CUPP Leaks EFCC Memo Vindicating Onnoghen, Exposes Fg's Next Move Against CJN / Okonjo-iweala, Five Other Women Who Head International Bodies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.