Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out (4041 Views)

BREAKING: See What Saraki Did While Meeting With Chairmen Of 45 Political Partie / Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges / What Saraki, Dogara, Other Npdp Members Actually Want – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 12:21am On Jun 11, 2019
To the surprise of many Nigerians, Dr. Bukola Saraki donates his N7.5million severance pay as Senate President to the family of Leah Sharibu, Hauwa Lima and others who have been victims of Boko Haram killings

He decided that 20 per cent of the severance allowance is to be donated to the family of Ms Sharibu while 20 per cent is also to be paid to the family of Hauwa Liman, the aid worker brutally murdered by Boko Haram after she was captured.

Another 20 per cent is to be donated to the family of the second aid worker, Hussaini Khoisan, also murdered in the same circumstance by Boko Haram.

The remaining 40 per cent should be used by the National Assembly Management to set up a Trust fund that will assist children of deceased members of the Eighth Senate who are in financial need for their education

What do you say of him on this?

8 Likes

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by GoldChest(m): 12:31am On Jun 11, 2019
You've played your part in the nation's building.

See you soon Sir .

Much Love and respect .

11 Likes

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by Jmk9292(m): 12:38am On Jun 11, 2019
Well ending

6 Likes

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by yarimo(m): 1:05am On Jun 11, 2019
EFCC, ICPC, DSS, immigration, POLICE, ARMY, AIR FORCE, NAVY and NURTW please be at alert 24/7 SARAKI must not escape .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by yesloaded: 1:08am On Jun 11, 2019
yarimo:
EFCC, ICPC, DSS, immigration, POLICE, ARMY, AIR FORCE, NAVY and NURTW please be at alert 24/7 SARAKI must not escape .
When he was in APC, he's a saint

Followers cum praise singers are one of the problem of this country, today they sing Hosannah but tomorrow they scream CRUCIFY HIM

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by yarimo(m): 1:11am On Jun 11, 2019
yesloaded:

Followers cum praise singers are one of the problem of this country, today they sing Hosannah but tomorrow they scream CRUCIFY HIM
shaatap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by yesloaded: 1:15am On Jun 11, 2019
yarimo:
shaatap
grin grin grin

May the Lord heal you & restore your sanity

11 Likes

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 1:15am On Jun 11, 2019
yesloaded:

Nigeria's problem is legion... It truly baffles me how we got here. At least one needs to be appreciated for doing good. If he had just walked away quietly with his money they will say he's greedy and cares for no one. Saraki deserves some respect on this. He tried!!!

6 Likes

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by babyfaceafrica: 3:35am On Jun 11, 2019
winningwinner:

Nigeria's problem is legion... It truly baffles me how we got here. At least one needs to be appreciated for doing good. If he had just walked away quietly with his money they will say he's greedy and cares for no one. Saraki deserves some respect on this. He tried!!!
he tried in looting...ask why a sitting senate president was rejected by his own people..abeg no vex me o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by rusher14: 5:38am On Jun 11, 2019
Anini was said to be generous.
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by slimfit1(m): 5:40am On Jun 11, 2019
Too little too late.
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by helinues: 5:40am On Jun 11, 2019
Good gestures.

But he was governor for 8 years, 4 years as Senate president..

1 Like

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by slimfit1(m): 5:43am On Jun 11, 2019
winningwinner:

It would have been better to make laws that protects us all. This is just to buy our mind his conscience is dirty and crafty. So many laws that he could have made that would have helped this country. He can fool some people but not me.
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by Katier00(f): 6:11am On Jun 11, 2019
Beautiful soul
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by Venerable612(m): 6:31am On Jun 11, 2019
slimfit1:

It would have been better to make laws that protects us all. This is just to buy our mind his conscience is dirty and crafty. So many laws that he could have made that would have helped this country. He can fool some people but not me.

He that is without a sin should cast the first stone.

I put it to you... that if you had the privilege to sit in the positions he was privileged to sit... You will also embezzle public funds. Yes you would, and even your family will disown you if you don’t!

BTW: how many politicians did this? Or can do this? Not even the President with all his ‘holier than thou’ mantra - has ever donated any part of his Salary Openly for any cause in Nigeria.

Regardless of what he did to the Kwara people (which, tbh I am not aware of) the 8th National Assembly was the most innovative, functional and productive NA we have ever had... under his, and Dogara’s leadership. Go back to David Mark’s and Anyim Pius Anyim days.... nothing concrete to show for....

I think you should cut the Man some slack... Saraki did well for Nigeria during his tenure as Senate President. No one is perfect

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by slimfit1(m): 6:50am On Jun 11, 2019
Venerable612:

I put it to you... that if you had the privilege to sit in the positions he was privileged to sit... You will also embezzle public funds. Yes you would, and even your family will disown you if you don’t!

BTW: how many politicians did this? Or can do this? Not even the President with all his ‘holier than thou’ mantra - has ever donated any part of his Salary Openly for any cause in Nigeria.

Regardless of what he did to the Kwara people (which, tbh I am not aware of) the 8th National Assembly was the most innovative, functional and productive NA we have ever had... under his, and Dogara’s leadership. Go back to David Mark’s and Anyim Pius Anyim days.... nothing concrete to show for....

I think you should cut the Man some slack... Saraki did well for Nigeria during his tenure as Senate President. No one is perfect

Saraki is a doctor that should know better. He has a British passport he is going to be in Britain any minute from now hiding from efcc. Let me tell you I have enough to gain doing the right thing for my people. I don't need their money I need their moral support and prayers. Whatever I steal from them today can never help my family instead curse my family from generation to generation. Guess what, our land is not safe because every soul in Nigeria is thinking about himself the most, first is better but the most is worse.
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by zoedew: 6:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Is that money to Saraki? #quantum
How well did he use his office to help her get back home?
Low political mentality!
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by Born2Breed(f): 7:02am On Jun 11, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by justflow1(m): 7:55am On Jun 11, 2019
zoedew:
Is that money to Saraki? #quantum
How well did he use his office to help her get back home?
Low political mentality!
Wailers must wail shaaaa ni
Like he was suppose to lead armed men to sambisa and bring her back home. Since he was holding a position which primary assignment is to salvage adopted citizens.... Think! Think! You wont die. . Only if you know the role he had played.

I respect your civil and political acumen my ever sagacious senate president, see you soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by uthlaw: 8:16am On Jun 11, 2019
see you soon in republic of Biafra not in Nigeria or Kwara again...
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by zoedew: 8:45am On Jun 11, 2019
justflow1:

Wailers must wail shaaaa ni
Like he was suppose to lead armed men to sambisa and bring her back home. Since he was holding a position which primary assignment is to salvage adopted citizens.... Think! Think! You wont die. . Only if you know the role he had played.

I respect your civil and political acumen my ever sagacious senate president, see you soon

You will do well to show us on this thread how well he deployed legislative intervention by The Senate to help Leah get out of BH captivity. All that wailing and thinking dying stuff cut no ice with me.
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 9:00am On Jun 11, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
he tried in looting...ask why a sitting senate president was rejected by his own people..abeg no vex me o

What evidence do you have for his looting? He now looted because he left your camp for another? If he looted, recover the loot from him the right way, and stop being childish on social media.
All those friends and mentors of yours in APC who were in that same Senate with him, what did they do for the Nigerian people?
You see, your problem is generational, and you need divine help before it destroys you.
What else can Saraki do for you that will assuage your hatred...?
Learn....

1 Like

Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 9:02am On Jun 11, 2019
rusher14:
Anini was said to be generous.

Oh sorry, you only heard of him...? Wisdom is profitable to direct...
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by rusher14: 9:04am On Jun 11, 2019
winningwinner:

Oh sorry, you only heard of him...? Wisdom is profitable to direct...

You were close to him?

Indeed wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2019
helinues:
Good gestures.

But he was governor for 8 years, 4 years as Senate president..

No time is late to make amend, so long as one has breathe in one's nostrils.
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 9:07am On Jun 11, 2019
slimfit1:
Too little too late.

No matter how little, he has made some people glad. Remember also, that no time is late to make amend, so long as one has breathe in one's nostrils. Saraki is a legend!
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 9:12am On Jun 11, 2019
rusher14:

You were close to him?

Indeed wisdom is profitable to direct.

Stories told after many years often develop wings... How generous was Anini? Generosity does not entail brutality. Anini was brutal and merciless. He killed and maimed and left his victims in cold blood.
If he had thrown money, it was just to curtail his frustration and penetrate the people. Boko Haram threw money. They were generous, too...??
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2019
Venerable612:

You nailed it, dear!
Re: See What Saraki Did As He Bows Out by winningwinner(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2019
zoedew:

You will do well to show us on this thread how well he deployed legislative intervention by The Senate to help Leah get out of BH captivity. All that wailing and thinking dying stuff cut no ice with me.

Did you hear yourself well? Now, Saraki has become the President and Commander in Chief, abi? Wise up, friend and think deep before you punch some words... The Armed Forces the country's leadership deployed, what was their achievement? Now, it's Saraki and the unarmed senate that will do the rescue...
President Buhari told us that he will lead from the front, and crush Boko Haram, up till now, we are not seeing him commanding the army...
It's hatred and sorrow that has beclouded some people's reasoning that they cannot see or appreciate good when it is done...!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid El-kabir: Gombe Governor Urges Muslims To Show Love And Good Neighborliness / I Foresee War In Nigeria Within A Month Time. South East Affected Most / Death Records During The Biafra War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.