Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" (34925 Views)

Niger State Governor, Mohammed Umar Bago Kneels To Greet President Tinubu / Shettima: Senate President, Speaker Can’t Be Of Same Faith / Two Aspirants For Senate President, Speaker Offered $1million Per Vote- APC Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by ernieboy(m): 9:57am On Jun 11, 2019
SEGLIZ:

it shows pdp means us no good. this might be politics to some but the right play.
stagnating a government to remain relevant at the detriment of the people is game or politicking.
today everyone blame saraki as being the cog in the wheel of the last dispensation. though he gave himself up for a Judas in that administration.
pdp should allow room for apc to fail honourably on its own term not setting the entire nation backward just because return into circulation.
opposition is played by way of ideology not by hijacking the authority of same.
how was saraki a cog in the wheel of progress in the last admin? was it saraki that cause or prevented the president from addressing the security challenges (Fulani herdsmen) that plagued the entire nation? was it saraki that brought about the economic recession and the poor economic policies by the admin in handling it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by Olorunnim: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2019
searchlight:
and in a saner climes omo Agage would have been rewarded with presidency for successfully invading and stealing the symbols of Democracy? and gbaja who's a convict and a known fraudster would be rewarded with speakership in same saner clime. you practically have little or no sense
I didn't know about these things and by Making a statement about Ndume didn't mean I was Against all others,My statement didn't warrant an insult.
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by Lonelypacifist6: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2019
searchlight:
and in a saner climes omo Agage would have been rewarded with presidency for successfully invading and stealing the symbols of Democracy? and gbaja who's a convict and a known fraudster would be rewarded with speakership in same saner clime. you practically have little or no sense
And some fools liked this comment what has the guy said to warrant insults? Because he criticised Ndume doesn't mean he Supports any other party! People should please learn to use their head, Seems You're the biggest FOOL here.
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by Gforce2019: 11:12am On Jun 11, 2019
searchlight:
but tinubu will never rule again apart from Lagos state

Early dis year you are shouting Atikulated .... Atikulated has become Atikuloser. Now you say Tinubu will never rule , if Tinubu will not rule Oshibajo will rule.

Yoruba represented.
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by pazienza(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

U guys just fail to understand igbos ...we are greedy like most tribes for positions ....we just like being carried along like everyone ...we can make sacrifice for the common goal

U can never make an igbo man bend forget it not even the brithish did ...APC wants igbos to be submissive they want to bully or blackmail us to submission ....that would only have the negative effects

If APC had given another explanation why it didn't zone a position to the south east and it was logical sure we would understand. ....same with 2023 presedency

U just have to understand u can never force and igbo man to submission

Oga kedu ife na eme?
You are always crying these days.

Are you still an APC member? Where are the rest of your gang , Abagworo, Obailala, that were buying the gimmick of APC wanting to zone the Senate presidency to SE in 2015, if only an Igbo APC senator emerged?
You joined detractors to bash your own people and supported all their evil agenda.

Now see how emotional you have become. What elders see sitting down, children will climb tree and will not still see it.

I hope you lots have learnt your lesson.

Udo!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by Midedaramola(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2019
PDP will surely be a loosers party with ur backing of Ali ndume and umar bago... our senate president is senator Ahmed lawan, while our speaker is hon femi gbajabiamila... #nextlevel � seriously moving ahead of people destroy people (PDP)
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by mrvitalis(m): 11:26am On Jun 11, 2019
pazienza:

Oga kedu ife na eme?

Are you still an APC member? Where are the rest of your gang , Abagworo, Obailala, that were buying the gimmick of APC wanting to zone the Senate presidency to SE in 2015, if only an Igbo APC senator emerged?
You joined detractors to bash your own people and supported all their evil agenda.

Now see how emotional you have become. What elders see sitting down, children will climb tree and will not still see it.

Udo!

Bro i have learned the hard way ...APC is worse than PDP
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by obailala(m): 11:42am On Jun 11, 2019
pazienza:

Oga kedu ife na eme?

Udo!
Bro, politics is a dirty game in which the winner takes all. The Igbo nation politically ostracized the APC right from the start, so irrespective of the few Igbos who have managed to fight in the APC, the fact remains that these people still have no say in the grand scheme of things. You can't expect others to fight for a party, gain victory and then give a coveted crown to a group who had little impact. Igbos have no say in ApC so anyone expecting any pampering for Igbos in the jungle called politics is a joker.

cc: mrvitalis

1 Like

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by mrvitalis(m): 11:51am On Jun 11, 2019
obailala:
Bro, politics is a dirty game in which the winner takes all. The Igbo nation politically ostracized the APC right from the start, so irrespective of the few Igbos who have managed to fight in the APC, the fact remains that these people still have no say in the grand scheme of things. You can't expect others to fight for a party, gain victory and then give a coveted crown to a group who had little impact. Igbos have no say in ApC so anyone expecting any pampering for Igbos in the jungle called politics is a joker.

When has PDP won in the north west ...states like zamfara,sokoto,yobe , kebbi ,brono has never been won by PDP .....did pdp marginalise this people ?

What is wrong is wrong ....people didn't vote u because they feel u have no good plan for them and u show the world u hate and have no good plan for them

APC should not campaign in the south east there is no point na ...we are not important ...let they leave us alone

My igbo nation first before nigeria

1 Like

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by obailala(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

When has PDP won in the north west ...states like zamfara,sokoto,yobe , kebbi ,brono has never been won by PDP .....did pdp marginalise this people ?

What is wrong is wrong ....people didn't vote u because they feel u have no good plan for them and u show the world u hate and have no good plan for them

APC should not campaign in the south east there is no point na ...we are not important ...let they leave us alone

My igbo nation first before nigeria
You're only just being emotional here. Politicians are greedy, selfish and unforgiving. In the game of thrones, you either win or you die. Now this is not me endorsing Buhari for his nepotism, that one is senseless, but I'm referring strictly to the case of different politicians and political blocks jostling for NASS leadership positions. Everyone wants the cake for himself and in the struggle, no one is willing to benevolently consider the next person who isn't able to walk. What I'm trying to say in essence is, in the current power tussle in the NASS where it already seems like the Igbos are having no advantage, who exactly do we blame for this? If the Igbo nation is wailing that it is being sidelined or marginalized by its 'mates', what exactly do we then expect the ethnic minorities to say?
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by mrvitalis(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
obailala:
You're only just being emotional here. Politicians are greedy, selfish and unforgiving. In the game of thrones, you either win or you die. Now this is not me endorsing Buhari for his nepotism, that one is senseless, but I'm referring strictly to the case of different politicians and political blocks jostling for NASS leadership positions. Everyone wants the cake for himself and in the struggle, no one is willing to benevolently consider the next person who isn't able to walk. What I'm trying to say in essence is, in the current power tussle in the NASS where it already seems like the Igbos are having no advantage, who exactly do we blame for this? If the Igbo nation is wailing that it is being sidelined or marginalized by its 'mates', what exactly do we then expect the ethnic minorities to say?
Im.not talking about politicians im talking about APC and what it sands for
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by obailala(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Im.not talking about politicians im talking about APC and what it sands for
Who exactly is APC? Is APC a person?... APC is just a gathering of Nigerian politicians, and I'm sure you know well that Nigerians politicians are once again, greedy, self serving, and unforgiving. When politicians gather in ABJ, they do so to just grab, grab and grab!! without looking back; no one is ready to look back whilst grabbing except there is something in it for them. Politics in Nigeria has always been a game of 'scratch my back, I scratch yours'. If the Igbo nation has refused to scratch backs properly like everyone else (and like it does in the PDP), who exactly is to blame when others refuse to share their loot?
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by mrvitalis(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
obailala:
Who exactly is APC? Is APC a person?... APC is just a gathering of Nigerian politicians, and I'm sure you know well that Nigerians politicians are once again, greedy, self serving, and unforgiving. When politicians gather in ABJ, they do so to just grab, grab and grab!! without looking back; no one is ready to look back whilst grabbing except there is something in it for them. Politics in Nigeria has always been a game of 'scratch my back, I scratch yours'. If the Igbo nation has refused to scratch backs properly like everyone else (and like it does in the PDP), who exactly is to blame when others refuse to share their loot?

Oga i have told u north west did PDP as a party discriminate against them ?
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by peteradamu: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
JUST WATCHING! AND WAITING FOR THE WINNER!

1 Share

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by raumdeuter: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Mention the positions PDP gave them and at what time
In this current dispensation what did PDP give southwest? Not even party chairman
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by pazienza(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
obailala:

Really?
So how much did SW contribute to PDP in 1999 when OBJ was made the president because presidency was zoned to SW on a principle of justice?

What were their contribution in 2011 when the speakership was zoned to them?

You are not making any point.

You don't reward a region in sharing of posts. You reward loyal party men from all parts of the country after an election.

It's unheard of, treating loyal party men with disdain because their zone didn't vote en mass for you. In doing so, you subject the loyal party men to ridicule before their kinsmen, because you would have proven that they were right in not voting for the party.

Whatever happened to your "Igbos shot themselves on the leg by not voting an APC senator" in 2015?
"if Igbos had voted Ngige , he would have become the Senate President". grin
Wasn't the above the soap they were using to wash your hairs? shocked

We were pointing out then that APC had Igbo APC house of representatives members, why had they not made them speakers or even deputy speakers in 2015, ? But you and your ilk will not listen.

Your next deceptive line if Igbos had voted massively for APC in 2019 would have been : " SE total votes were the smallest and not of same number as SW and North, therefore, they can't expect to have equity with the other regions".

You see, it's not very hard to keep finding excuses to cover up the sinister anti Igbo agenda of APC.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by obailala(m): 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Even though PDP never won in the NW, north western politicians were still heavily grounded and involved in the PDP. The PDP also had powerful structures in the north-west too and finally, the northwestern political big-wigs did not just sit down, fold their arms and expect (as a matter of entitlement) that the PDP will be benevolent and give them anything.

The politicians from that zone came together (irrespective of party affiliation) and fought for whatever they got. They politicked where they could, they blackmailed where they could, they bribed where they could and they eventually got their way. In the south east today, if one southeastern APC politician raises his voice to even say anything, the first people to mob and castigate him would be fellow Igbos, they would hate him with every single drop of blood in their veins and fellow Igbo politicians would even be to scared to show support. I could provide numerous examples where this scenario played out.

Vita let me tell you something, the greatest nemesis of Igbos rising to power in Nigeria today is Igbos; not other tribes and not APC. Other tribes are too busy in the rat race trying to scratch whatever they can for themselves and their people. The Igbos instead of focusing on the same target are busy lamenting how other tribes are not sharing the booty with them. Heck! Nigeria is a jungle where nothing goes for nothing!
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by pazienza(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
Anyway, I Have always known that Obailala is as Igbo as akintola was Igbo. grin or as Yeske, Osagyefo, Nonsowow, and other Igbo impostors running amok in this forum.

Mrvitalis. I always thought you were just a misguided Igbo.
Good a thing you have now seen the light. Welcome home brother. cool

3 Likes

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by obailala(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
pazienza:
Anyway, I Have always known that Obailala is as Igbo as akintola was Igbo. grin or as Yeske, Osagyefo, Nonsowow, and other Igbo impostors running amok in this forum.

Mrvitalis. I always thought you were just a misguided Igbo.
Good a thing you have now seen the light. Welcome home brother. cool

Yes I am Akintola.
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by obailala(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
pazienza:

Really?
So how much did SW contribute to PDP in 1999 when OBJ was made the president because presidency was zoned to SW on a principle of justice?

You are not making any point.

You don't reward a region in sharing of posts. You reward loyal party men from all parts of the country after an election.

It's unheard of, treating royal party men with disdain because their zone didn't vote en mass for you. In doing so, you subject the royal party men to ridicule before their kinsmen, because you would have proven that they were right in not voting for the party.

Whatever happened to your "Igbos shot themselves on the leg by not voting an APC senator" in 2015?
"if Igbos had voted Ngige , he would have become the Senate President". grin
Wasn't the above the soap they were using to wash your hairs? shocked

We were pointing out then that APC had Igbo APC house of representatives members, why had they not made them speakers or even deputy speakers in 2015, ? But you and your ilk will not listen.

Your next deceptive line if Igbos had voted massively for APC in 2019 would have been : " SE total votes were the smallest and not of same number as SW and North, therefore, they can't expect to have equity with the other regions".

You see, it's not very hard to keep finding excuses to cover up the sinister anti Igbo agenda of APC.

PDP was a national party and right from 1999, every tribe and ethnicity was well represented in the PDP. You can't say that about the APC. And the last time I checked, when the APC was formed, it was open to everyone but the Igbo nation chose to lock itself out.

Now if you follow my arguments here in this forum, I have always preached against the 'sense of entitlement' nonsense. You don't sit down, fold your arms and expect anything good to come to you all because you are complaining. Just like everyone else, you have to fight for whatever you think you deserve; you have to lobby, bribe, blackmail, pally and do whatever kind of politics that's necessary to get what you want. You don't just sit back and expect others to hustle, get the prize and then share it with you simply because you are who exactly?
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by raumdeuter: 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
pazienza:

Really?

You need to stop lying

Presidency was never zoned to the Southwest in 1999. If Presidency was zoned as you claimed, How come OBJ jad to defeat Ekwueme in the primaries? Or is Ekwueme from the SW?

In PDP OBJ beat Ekwueme and in AD/APP Alliance, Falae edged out Ogbonayya Onu

In 2011, SW had 5 states that voted for the PDP president

1 Like

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by raumdeuter: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2019
obailala:
Even though PDP never won in the NW, north western politicians were still heavily grounded and involved in the PDP. The PDP also had powerful structures in the north-west too and finally, the northwestern political big-wigs did not just sit down, fold their arms and expect (as a matter of entitlement) that the PDP will be benevolent and give them anything.

Between 2011 and 2015 what did PDP give the NE?
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by mrvitalis(m): 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
obailala:

The politicians from that zone came together (irrespective of party affiliation) and fought for whatever they got. They politicked where they could, they blackmailed where they could, they bribed where they could and they eventually got their way. In the south east today, if one southeastern APC politician raises his voice to even say anything, the first people to mob and castigate him would be fellow Igbos, they would hate him with every single drop of blood in their veins and fellow Igbo politicians would even be to scared to show support. I could provide numerous examples where this scenario played out.

Vita let me tell you something, the greatest nemesis of Igbos rising to power in Nigeria today is Igbos; not other tribes and not APC. Other tribes are too busy in the rat race trying to scratch whatever they can for themselves and their people. The Igbos instead of focusing on the same target are busy lamenting how other tribes are not sharing the booty with them. Heck! Nigeria is a jungle where nothing goes for nothing!
Okay OuK , roachas , nigige ,onu And the rest are jot grounded in APC ?

U just dont Have a point
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by pazienza(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
obailala :

PDP was a national party and right from 1999, every tribe and ethnicity was well represented in the PDP. You can't say that about the APC. And the last time I checked, when the APC was formed, it was open to everyone but the Igbo nation chose to lock itself out.

Why can't we say same of APC. Every tribe and ethnicity were represented in APC right from the beginning as well. The Okorocha controlled faction of APGA broke off and joined ACN and CPC to form APC. From the beginning, APC controlled one Igbo state, same as the supposedly Igbo party, APGA who controlled just Anambra.
So as with your Yoruba self, you above statement is pure lies. Rochas, Ogbonnaya Onu, Ngige were in APC from the very beginning.
If you claim Igbos locked themselves off from APC because Igbo populace preferred PDP to APC in the majority, then by same token, one can claim Yoruba populace locked themselves off from PDP by siding with AD in 1999, yet PDP in the principle of national integration chose SW for presidency. See this your Yoruba treacherous way of twisting narratives to suit your evil agenda need to stop.

Now if you follow my arguments here in this forum, I have always preached against the 'sense of entitlement' nonsense. You don't sit down, fold your arms and expect anything good to come to you all because you are complaining. Just like everyone else, you have to fight for whatever you think you deserve; you have to lobby, bribe, blackmail, pally and do whatever kind of politics that's necessary to get what you want. You don't just sit back and expect others to hustle, get the prize and then share it with you simply because you are who exactly?

What are you talking about? You mean IMO state that voted for APC sitting governor in Rochas in 2015 have not tried? Rochas that fought to win votes for APC in Imo, Orji Kalu and Nkeiru Onyejeocha that delivered massive votes for APC in 2019 state, senatorial and presidential elections in Abia North folded their hands?

Bia nwa yolobar a, jee donu ani o!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by pazienza(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
raumdeuter:

You need to stop lying

Presidency was never zoned to the Southwest in 1999. If Presidency was zoned as you claimed, How come OBJ jad to defeat Ekwueme in the primaries? Or is Ekwueme from the SW?

In PDP OBJ beat Ekwueme and in AD/APP Alliance, Falae edged out Ogbonayya Onu

In 2011, SW had 5 states that voted for the PDP president

How exactly did OBJ defeat Ekwueme? With Yoruba votes?
The North backed OBJ because it was thought a compensation for June 12.
APC machinery today backed Lawal, so why did Ndume contest? Yeah, that's exactly why Ekwueme contested.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by raumdeuter: 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
pazienza:

How exactly did OBJ defeat Ekwueme? With Yoruba votes?
The North backed OBJ because it was thought a compensation for June 12.
APC machinery today are backed Lawal, so why did Ndume contest? Yeah, that's exactly why Ekwueme contested.

How was it zoned to Southwest when Ekwueme still contested? Can we say 2015 election was zoned to Northwest when Jonathan still contested

OBJ defeated by playing superior politics to Ekwueme

Today APC zoned SP to NE, Both Ndume and Lawan are from NE and both are eligible based on zoning

Explain how someone can zone it to a geopolitical zone and still have Ekwueme contesting

These are the lies you have been feeding the sheeps here
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by pazienza(m): 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
raumdeuter:

How was it zoned to Southwest when Ekwueme still contested? Can we say 2015 election was zoned to Northwest when Jonathan still contested

Maybe Zoning was the wrong choice of word.
But the message is that OBJ was adopted as the PDP candidate without anyone reminding him that his people were on the majority pro AD and anti PDP, going by the final outcome of the election where he lost in SW to Olu falae , with AD clinching most SW states both in presidential and gubernatorial elections.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by raumdeuter: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
pazienza:
raumdeuter:

Maybe Zoning was the wrong choice of word.
But the message is that OBJ was adopted as the PDP candidate without anyone reminding him that his people were on the majority pro AD and anti PDP, going by the final outcome of the election where he lost in SW to Olu falae , with AD clinching most SW states both in presidential and gubernatorial elections.

More lies.

How are OBJ people pro AD and anti PDP at the time of candidate nomination? Was AD in control of any state at the time of nomination?

How will those voting at nomination know that AD and Falae will win an election coming after?

Isnt it logical that nomination comes before election
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by pazienza(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
raumdeuter:

More lies.

How are OBJ people pro AD and anti PDP at the time of candidate nomination? Was AD in control of any state at the time of nomination?

How will those voting at nomination know that AD and Falae will win an election coming after?

Isnt it logical that nomination comes before election

Yorubas never loved OBJ. OBJ and every political analyst then knew that NADECO who had birthed AD held sway in SW. Three times before the election, OBJ tried to get Adesanya, the Afenifere leader to support his candidature, trice he declined .

That SW was an AD stronghold before the 1999 presidential elections, was never in doubt.
https://thenationonlineng.net/why-yoruba-rejected-me-in-1999-by-obasanjo/

3 Likes

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by raumdeuter: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
pazienza:

Yorubas never loved OBJ. OBJ and every political analyst then knew that NADECO who had birthed AD held sway in SW. Three times before the election, OBJ tried to get Adesanya, the AD/NADECO leader to support his candidature, trice he declined .

That SW was an AD stronghold before the 1999 presidential elections, was never in doubt.
https://thenationonlineng.net/why-yoruba-rejected-me-in-1999-by-obasanjo/

How did the sam Yorubas vote for OBJ en masse in 2003?

At the time of nomination OBJ defeated Ekwueme and had nothing to do with whether SW voted Falae in coming months
Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by pazienza(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
raumdeuter:

How did the sam Yorubas vote for OBJ en masse in 2003?

At the time of nomination OBJ defeated Ekwueme and had nothing to do with whether SW voted Falae in coming months

Because by 2003, OBJ had moved in stealthily and crushed AD strongholds in SW, only the cunningly Tinubu, buoyed by humongous Lagos IGR survived.

OBJ destroyed AD/NADECO stronghold in SW by 2003. When he was done, AD was a shadow of it former self and PDP had made major inroads in SW.
AD demise led to the uncoupling of APP from AD alliance. APP/ANPP then fielded a Northern candidate in Buhari. Making it all even easier to sell the OBJ candidature to the SW, seeing as they no longer had a viable Yoruba alternative that AD produced in 1999.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Endorses Ali Ndume, Umar Bago "Senate President/ Speaker" by obailala(m): 2:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Okay OuK , roachas , nigige ,onu And the rest are jot grounded in APC ?

U just dont Have a point
pazienza:
obailala :

Why can't we say same of APC. Every tribe and ethnicity were represented in APC right from the beginning as well. The Okorocha controlled faction of APGA broke off and joined ACN and CPC to form APC. From the beginning, APC controlled one Igbo state, same as the supposedly Igbo party, APGA who controlled just Anambra.
So as with your Yoruba self, you above statement is pure lies. Rochas, Ogbonnaya Onu, Ngige were in APC from the very beginning.
If you claim Igbos locked themselves off from APC because Igbo populace preferred PDP to APC in the majority, then by same token, one can claim Yoruba populace locked themselves off from PDP by siding with AD in 1999, yet PDP in the principle of national integration chose SW for presidency. See this your Yoruba treacherous way of twisting narratives to suit your evil agenda need to stop.

What are you talking about? You mean IMO state that voted for APC sitting governor in Rochas in 2015 have not tried? Rochas that fought to win votes for APC in Imo, Orji Kalu and Nkeiru Onyejeocha that delivered massive votes for APC in 2019 state, senatorial and presidential elections in Abia North folded their hands?

Bia nwa yolobar a, jee donu ani o!
Power is not given, it is taken! @mrvitalis, those people you mentioned, what are they doing to take power?... It doesn't end with just being in a party, you have to be ambitious and fight for things; and this fight involves politicking, bribing, pallying, blackmailing, threatening etc. Nothing is given just like that. Everyone is hungry for something, you don't just expect to sit back and have everyone put aside their personal ambitions to leave what they're fighting for to you.

Femi Gbaja for instance has been fighting for Speakership position since 2013 (when he was still minority leader) and he's been licking all the lickable asses to accomplish his ambition. If he's lucky to get the position now, you will say Igbos have been cheated? Of all the returning Igbo NASS members, how many of them have really lobbied or fought for these positions? If you go check now, you'll realise that even Emeka Nwajiuba hasn't gone around to secure the support of fellow Igbo lawmakers yet (not to talk of other tribe lawmakers), he probably just sits back and expects to be endorsed by everyone automatically, nke oji buru onye?

You don't just sit and expect things to be 'given' to you; fight for it! And this is one thing Igbos don't do politically, we prefer to sit back and lament rather than playing dirty for things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ganduje: Ban Fulani Migration To The South Now!!! / Nigerians Wait For Election Result – In Pictures / Orji Kalu: Awolowo Told Me He Did Not Trust Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.