Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates (43413 Views)

10th National Assembly Inauguration (Live Update) / Buhari ‘Favours’ Lawan, Gbaja To Lead 9th National Assembly / 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Chubhie: 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Results being counted! Lawan on home run!
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by babyfaceafrica: 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
jamesope04:
32 votes for lawan so far
hahahaha
..some people bp go rise o
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by kerzhim(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Abegi jorr! Ahmed Lawan is the next level Senate President jare.

The counting is so so obvious.
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Omotaday:
No hope for Ndume. This margin will be ridiculous.
How many
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
kerzhim:
Abegi jorr! Ahmed Lawan is the next level Senate President jare.

The counting is so so obvious.
How many now
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Megir: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
This people are bad oo
No one is even counting Ndume's votes cheesy cheesy cheesy
PDP are cowards...

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Goovo(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
Megir:
This people are bad oo
PDP are cowards...
Dem bad ooo grin grin grin
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by 77up(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
Members were counting for hamed but silence all over when dey call ndume grin
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Megir:
This people are bad oo
PDP are cowards...
How many oh.updates please
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by jamesope04(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Lawan won
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Megir: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ahmed Lawan is elected the Senate President

Shame to haters cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Omotaday(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Lawan is the 9th assembly senate president.
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
77up:
How many
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Chubhie: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
Its all over. behold your senate president Lawan.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by igwesylv: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
LAWAN IS WINNING

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Megir: 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
Next is Gbajabiamila... cool cool cool
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
igwesylv:
LAWAN IS WINNING
How many
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by 77up(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
Congratulations to our democracy , congratulations Nigeria , congratulations lawan grin

But dis go pain some ppl o grin
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Chubhie: 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
Burdillion is the after party.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by jamesope04(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
senatordave1:

How many
71 for now

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by kerzhim(m): 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
77up:
Even the people holding Ndume's votes are also celebrating Lawan's victory.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Megir: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
kerzhim:

Failure is an Orphan.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
jamesope04:
71 for now
I said 80 earlier.tuniski how far
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Megir: 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ndume sef no get choice than to clap. cheesy cheesy
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by kerzhim(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
Megir:

Failure is an Orphan.
grin grin grin
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Chubhie:
Burdillion is the after party.
Guy,what do i do to you now? Better leave this thread
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by Tomide007: 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Pdp members must have voted for Ahmed lawan

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Megir:
Ndume sef no get choice than to clap. cheesy cheesy
How many
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by 77up(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
kerzhim:

see life there my brother grin

1 Like

Tomide007:
Pdp members must have voted for Ahmed lawan
Did i not tell you pdp guys that pdp will vote lawan? Who likes ndume

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by dejonathan(f): 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2019
Lawan don win
Re: 9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates by TGM2015: 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
@TonyeBarcanista
I will advise you to retire from politics. I told you, that since you move to PDP in the pre 2015 general election, changed moniker, deleted and modified your old moniker posts and comments, you have lost your political analytics skills because of "pot of porridge".

Good luck to you.
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

I have observed the lobbying and politics surrounding the race for National Assembly presiding officers and I think it is incumbent on me to air my opinion on why NASS members-elect, Peoples Democratic Party and Nigerians should resist Senator Ahmed Lawan and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila for the positions of Senate President and Speaker of House of Representative respectively.

1. Gbajabiamila Candidacy Is Against Equitable Distribution of Offices:
Having produced the Vice President of Nigeria, it becomes natural that another geopolitical zone in the country produce the number 4 citizen as it has been the tradition since 1999.

It may be recalled that at the return of the fourth republic, the Southwest produced the President, the Northeast had the Vice President, the Southeast had the Senate President and the Northwest produced Speaker of House of Representative and this arrangement lasted until 2007. Same tradition of equitable distribution was upheld in 2007-2011 when the Northwest produced the President, the Southsouth had the Vice President, the North central had Senate President while the Southwest had the Speaker through Patricia Etteh and Dimeji Bankole respectively. The arrangement was bound to be maintained until Aminu Tambuwal with support from the opposition as at then disrupted the arrangement, gifted the northwest 2 out of the 4 top offices and denied the Southwest and the entire south the position of Speaker. It however was restored in 2015 with NW (President), SW (VP), NC (Senate President) and NE (Speaker)

If those people in Bourdillon road that are fronting Femi Gbajabiamila candidacy were fair to the South and the nation, they would have presented someone from the Southeast or Southsouth for the position instead of another person from Southwest. The excuse that both zones didn't give APC ranking members or House members aren't tenable this time around.

Gbaja's candidacy is simply anti-south agenda by some sectional elements in Lagos. It is also anti-Nigeria agenda as it seeks to reward a particular zone with 2 out of the top for offices in the country leaving other 5 zones to scramble for 2 offices.

2. Gbajabiamila Candidacy Is Anti-Southwest:

The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has Lagos has his political base and he's more loyal to Lagos than his native Ogun state. Femi Gbajabiamila is also of Lagos state and his puppeteers want to make him speaker, meanwhile, there are other APC Rep members in Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ekiti and Ondo states but they ignored them and narrowed it to Femi so as to serve their own selfish interest. These same people refused to support Hon Lasun the outgoing Deputy Speaker even though he's Yoruba all through his four years tenure simply because he wasn't their anointed. It clearly shows that contrary to what Femi sponsors would want the people of southwest to believe, they are pushing Femi to represent them not the zone.

3. Northcentral Or Dogara Should Get Speakership:
Personally, I believe equity demands that the position of Senate President or Speaker should go to a Rep member from either the Southeast or Southsouth zone, but since this may not be feasible due to political realities, I think the PDP, NASS members-elect and Nigerians should support a credible and independent person from the North central for the position, or if by slim chance Yakubu Dogara stand a chance, he should be supported. As stated above, it will be unpatriotic and evil to reward Southwest the position of Speaker when they have the office of Vice President while zones like Northcentral, Southeast and southsouth are left with nothing.

4. PDP Can Stop Ahmad Lawan SP Bid:

With forty three Senators-elect already, PDP need at least thirteen aggrieved APC Senators-elect to defeat Ahmad Lawan, the unpopular anointed of the APC for the Senate President seat. Already aggrieved APC Senators-elect like Uzor Kalu of Abia, Ali Ndume of Borno and Danjuma Goje of Gombe and their supporters have vowed to challenge for the seat in June and with the traditional secret ballot system of voting. I have no doubt that PDP would either produce someone among them as Senate President or endorse one of the aggrieved as PDP adopted candidate. I will see how Lawan will emerge Senate President or whether Adams Oshiomole will be able to rig him in.

5. We Did It In 2015, We Can Do It Again

About four years ago, specifically, June 7, 2015, I, alongside loyalists of PDP, openly called on PDP leaders and NASS members-elect to counter the anointing of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila by voting for Senator Bukola Saraki and Hon Yakubu Dogara for the positions of Senate President and Speaker of House of Representative respectively! We triumphed against all odd. (Ref: https://www.nairaland.com/2362944/open-campaign-adoption-sen-saraki).

May God Bless Us and Bless Nigeria

TonyeBarcanista writes from Abuja and can be reached at TonyeBarcanista@gmail.com
TGM2015:

I remember your epistle on Makarfi and I told you that PDP will not give him the ticket but you are over confidence that Makarfi will win, only to be left with a choice that you have in your past year wrote against just like Obasanjo.

In your political wisdom, you should know that the political environment of APC in 2015 is different from 2019. In 2015, APC won with over 3 blocks of political powers who are struggling to hold substantial power/influence in the party, most especially the PDP/Atiku block. But in 2019 they won as a single block APC (Buhari/Oshiomole/Tinubu) block. Also, time was not on their side to solve their differences in 2015 as they were still battling with post elections crisis before the resumption of the NASS... Seems your political analysing skills is fast declining in this recent time.

But until after the NASS presiding officers are elected, I have no more comments.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Fayose Turns Tailor. Pictured Sewing Clothes Ahead Of The World Women's Day / NLC Sends Letter To Government Agencies To Shutdown On Wednesday 18th(photo) / Photos Of A Shiite Man And A Policeman Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.