Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Plans changed. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Plans changed. (11226 Views)

I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. / How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plans changed. by Thegamingorca(m): 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

You mean love tends to give room for cheats to thrive..?

I've never encouraged anyone to put religion first. Love comes first for me.

I'm marrying for love and nothing more. Never will I be an option or a means to an end to anybody.

How equivocal can you get?
Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
ornicus:

so what happens if you are both sharing the rent?
since when did men and women start sharing rents and utility?
Let's be realistic please
Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Men are confused.
They don't even know what they want.

Look around you, so many jobless women that are submissive. Pick one and marry.

wink

I think most people want to eat their cake and have it.

And women should seek men who have high self esteem.

It is extremely important.

5 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Thegamingorca(m): 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Was I commanded to love and submit?

I raised it because you like quoting bible. Why don't you wanna quote it again?

Can you love and submit to the woman in your life?

Lol
Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
ornicus:

That depends on the man.the die hard chauvinists will take the contributions and still expect the wife to be a doormat. Friend I discussed previously - he and his wife built their house together, then the guy put it in his own name.

Luckily you see it from both angles.
Re: Plans changed. by Thegamingorca(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

Two people cannot submit to each other, technically speaking. Someone must take the lead. Besides, na man dey marry woman put for house. If you want me to submit to you, come and marry me in my father's house.

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

He is yet to answer a very simple question.

Typical of preachers, launch mind games when they don't want to ruin their previous stand.

No wonder it is hard for men, they gat no love for us... cry cry

Brutus Brutus

grin grin
Re: Plans changed. by Thegamingorca(m): 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

AntiBrutus, you need to understand how the Bible works. Change your twisted perception of the Bible and you would see the texts are in your favour.

Submission is hard for those who marry for other reasons but true love. You can't be in love and say you won't/can't submit.

Fall in love first, and we can start talking.

Is the man excluded from falling in this your love?
Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
Na their way na cheesy
Where I use to live ehn Bro,e get this woman weh be hotshot lawyer then,e be like the hubby was out of work at the time cos me and am dey dey house wella then grin
She dey cruise one Nissan qashqai 015 then and the hubby dey manage one beatdown 07 accord.
We dey use to get monthly meetings with the landlord then,come see as the woman dey challenge everybody and even the hubby for the gathering,they hush am when e want talk till the landlord gats blast am to shut the hell up and give the hubby respect for public!unto say the old man na major baller.
Every time you see the guy all moody and looks like one who has given up hope.
Many women can no longer control that SUPREME feeling when they start making more money I swear!
It's the truth,and if you complain ehn,she go use her connection from men in her class to put you for panti direct grin
I hope say this madam no go do am sha

If you guys want to be honest, you will more that a large number of men maltreat and control their wives when they (the husbands) are the sole/major providers.

The wives learnt from the husbands.

7 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Richy4(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
nahzyla:
Thanks to all the people that contributed helpful advice, especially the females and the few understanding males. I will have a discussion with him to convince him of the importance of my going. I think that is best for both of us presently.

To the guy that said my marriage will crash, God forbid.
My marriage will never crash in the name of God. Whatever you wish on my marriage will return to you tenfold.

It's Not a matter of saying your marriage with not crash in Jesus name... A prayer without work is dead..... I don't basically know about how grounded you were in Literature back then in high school... But a lot of us can read between the line...even if it was two paragraphs... Don't let the billion u think that u will be making for a month get to your head.. Marriage is about team work.. I'm not gonna say anymore on your thread because I kind of think enough has been said.
Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
bukatyne:

wink

I think most people want to eat their cake and have it.

And women should seek men who have high self esteem.

It is extremely important.
another scam!
Like say self esteem dey buy house grin grin grin
It's not esteem y'all look for but security.
And security=$$$$
Why una no dey gree marry boys for ghetto with plenty self esteem undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:

i was actually thinking of nigerians relocating to canada
a lot of them will share bill by force
lets see what happens then

nwanneni:
you just mentioned men that like to be polygamous.
As a matter of fact,most men hardly engage in things like that,rather they look for small small girls as concubines especially because when these feminists smell security in marriage(as in na me get this house kpatakpata),they start to tie wrapper up and down and begin to look like the man's mom.
No man likes the stress of going after small,dirty women if the love of his life decides to keep herself like how she was when Mr sweetboy fell in love with her.
I won't do it!I even hate small girls.maybe it's just me sha

for where? our ex-milads are a classic example. ibb, abacha , etal. noe of those women are their first wives. if i'm not mistaken, dangote is divorced from his first wife. polygamy is a live and well, and people know the right Quranic or biblical verses to whip out.

in the same way, those small small concubines are sharper than you think. before you know wats happening, they have usurped madams role.it is not that hard, just fk the man's brains out.

No man likes the stress of going after small,dirty women if the love of his life decides to keep herself like how she was when Mr sweetboy fell in love with her.

that goes both ways. is the man in the shape he was when he met her? unless you are wealthy and can engage in athleisure, not everyone [man or woman] can keep in prisitine shape.
Re: Plans changed. by ibkayee(f): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

The question of submission does not come with many conditions. The only condition is, do not marry a man you cannot submit to. That means, do not marry a man you do not (genuinely) love.

So (genuinely) loving your husband and not being submissive are mutually exclusive?

4 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
sacx:
Take the job and also pray for your hubby so he can get a better paying job where he is based. If that happens, maybe he can get his kids to live with him so he can offer them the better things of life, while you hold the fort from your base. You could pay them a visit like twice a month if you find the time. smiley

Ewww grin. Whatever it is you have become, I think hubby is a contributory factor to it. I saw that 'akagum' something too. You see your hubby as lazy and selfish, and perhaps he is. I advise all, both male and female, to treat their spouse right in plenty and scarcity, so there won't be need for resentment when the situation changes.

So do take the job, and don't see this change in fortune as an opportunity to settle scores with him. I hope you both learn to love each other.

@bold:

Words on marble
Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
bukatyne:

If you guys want to be honest, you will more that a large number of men maltreat and control their wives when they (the husbands) are the sole/major providers.

The wives learnt from the husbands.
Personally,I won't marry a housewife.
You earn yours,I earn mine,let peace reign.
That is all we ask,no be say make you come dey tell us say you be "agu nwanyi" na.
Re: Plans changed. by liberalchick(f): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
Abi, that escalated very quickly! Many are reaching here to confirm their biases.

ibkayee:

Lol oh boy
Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

Let's assume all you've said is true, at what stage does a man unleash the demon within? The day he realizes he can cook and take care of a baby?

Have you seen men throw caution to the wind because they suddenly realize they can cook and take care of the home?

I know this was on the basis that women throw caution to the wind because they earn.

Your next question should be 'do women maltreat men because they can cook and take care of the home'?

You know the answer innit?

2 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Omoluabi16(m): 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nahzyla, even if you share the safe office desk with your husband, an irresponsible man will still cheat. The talk of him cheating because you were not there is a very silly excuse some randy men use.
I'd advise you take the job and move your children along with you.Opportunities are rare these days, so don't limit yourself.
Since your husband's job is off and on, considering close proximity (JUST 3 hours), he can be with you and the kids in his off days. Maintain your humility still and don't bruise his ego..and even if you leave make sure you do with his blessings.Who knows, he might get a job there?

P.s...Your use of the word PERMANENT and thoughts of your husband VISITING ..e get as e be.

3 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by ibkayee(f): 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2019
liberalchick:
Abi, that escalated very quickly! Many are reaching here to confirm their biases.

Lool for the stars, what a joke cheesy
Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
ornicus:

i was actually thinking of nigerians relocating to canada
a lot of them will share bill by force
lets see what happens then

for where? our ex-milads are a classic example. ibb, abacha , etal. noe of those women are their first wives. if i'm not mistaken, dangote is divorced from his first wife. polygamy is a live and well, and people know the right Quranic or biblical verses to whip out.

in the same way, those small small concubines are sharper than you think. before you know wats happening, they have usurped madams role.it is not that hard, just fk the man's brains out.

that goes both ways. is the man in the shape he was when he met her? unless you are wealthy and can engage in athleisure, not everyone [man or woman] can keep in prisitine shape.
Canada and Nigeria I believe are two different places with two different people.
You know different people,different ideas.
Besides,we all know making money in Canada isn't as hard as in Nigeria so the tendency to spend money is there.you know the better the income,the higher the expense.
I am not religious too,it is the dumbest thing that I think exist on the planet so I never use words from ancient goat herders to make any serious decision.
If women learn to keep that spark my bro,80% of men won't think of cheating,I leading the pack!
I will love my wife,praise her amongst friends and family,holiday with her,play with her,pamper her,buy her benz grin and have children with her very late after we must have had the time of our lives.real talk.
Polygamy is nonsense IMO
Re: Plans changed. by liberalchick(f): 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Exactly! My father always told us girls “there is nothing like a free lunch” “nothing is free in life”

AntiBrutus:

Yes, I think that is one of it. If lots of them are dating you and you are not collecting, they are actually very uncomfortable. They think your mouth will be very sharp and they have no hold on you.

I take gifts o, but it will be something I can afford. No come collect my bb, give me iPhone X. Or change my Camry 2.2 to an AMG. That one is the gift of the devil, the type I flee from. This is the type they like to give; the one people will see and know there is a MAN in your life.
Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
another scam!
Like say self esteem dey buy house grin grin grin
It's not esteem y'all look for but security.
And security=$$$$
Why una no dey gree marry boys for ghetto with plenty self esteem undecided

Well,

What works for the women you have met necessarily doesn't apply to all women.

Money is such a transient value to build your self esteem on and that's why a lot of men are only as good as their money.

I wanted a husband who was thoughtful, kind, loves me, has a great deal of self-esteem and provide me with things that I can't for myself.

In all five pages of this thread, all you seem able to provide is money, money, money.

If money was all there is, the Dangotes of this world would not be divorced.

3 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by liberalchick(f): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
Most rational people without an agenda already inferred from your posts that the title meant “should I leave and take the job in another state”

nahzyla:

Yes, the misleading title was deliberate.
I wanted to draw attention to the thread and get responses.

Too bad some people are already drawing ridiculous conclusions from the title.

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:

Are you in this Nigeria so?

2 Likes

Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
ibkayee:

So (genuinely) loving your husband and not being submissive are mutually exclusive?

absolutely!
Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
Personally,I won't marry a housewife.
You earn yours,I earn mine,let peace reign.
That is all we ask,no be say make you come dey tell us say you be "agu nwanyi" na.

What's 'agu nwanyi'?

You want to wife to work although not provide. Do you realize that she will require you to be hands on at home because she works outside?

1 Like

Re: Plans changed. by Acidosis(m): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
bukatyne:

I know this was on the basis that women throw caution to the wind because they earn.

Your next question should be 'do women maltreat men because they can cook and take care of the home'?

You know the answer innit?

How about we ask; do men maltreat women because they learnt how to cook and take care of the home?
Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

How about we ask; do men maltreat women because they learnt how to cook and take care of the home?

My question would give you the answer you seek.

Have you seen a wife who thinks she is better than her husband or seeks to control her husband because she cooks and cleans?
Re: Plans changed. by ibkayee(f): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
Acidosis:

absolutely!
According to who/what?
Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
bukatyne:

What's 'agu nwanyi'?

You want to wife to work although not provide. Do you realize that she will require you to be hands on at home because she works outside?
lioness..
And this is what they do;
-Sharing chores with me dey give me work.today na me dey wash plate,mop floor and kitchen.I no go do am.
Make the house better turn refuse dump!I don't care.
I can help out in emergencies and move heavy furniture,no p.
-giving ultimatum.she is wasting her time because I will make sure I break that ultimatum as much as possible make that thing web she go do happen.
There are better ways to pass messages
-insults,abuses(verbal and/or physical)
This one drives me nuts
-competition.me and she no dey compete na,its a union.
-Outrageous demands
Those are some things agu nwanyis do
Re: Plans changed. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
bukatyne:

Are you in this Nigeria so?
yes,I am in Nigeria.
Where men and women don't share rents!
Re: Plans changed. by bukatyne(f): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
nwanneni:
lioness..
And this is what they do;
-Sharing chores with me dey give me work.today na me dey wash plate,mop floor and kitchen.I no go do am.
Make the house better turn refuse dump!I don't care.
I can help out in emergencies and move heavy furniture,no p.
-giving ultimatum.she is wasting her time because I will make sure I break that ultimatum as much as possible make that thing web she go do happen.
There are better ways to pass messages
-insults,abuses(verbal and/or physical)
This one drives me nuts
-competition.me and she no dey compete na,its a union.
-Outrageous demands
Those are some things agu nwanyis do

OH, you expect her to work and still handle the chores alone?

I will agree with you that presentation is key.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do You Have A Step Mum? / Father Of A New Baby Should Be Given Monetary Gift, Not The Mother- Nigerian Man / What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.