Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. (44706 Views)

I Sold My Husband’s House And Relocated To The USA / How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Nice2023(m): 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
Life is like a seed when we water it very well.

Just like the story goes...I have personally sold soap and dried fish in Lagos state,in fact things were very bad for my parents in those days and I could also remember when my father was buoyant and financially capable. I sold fish at cele market called Odi eron and also sold dried fish around isolo area before God helped my parents to see me through my University education.

Today,I have ended their sufferings and subsequently brighten their face with the little I could offer and they are more than glad to move to into a new home for their retirements.

Finally,I want to urge u out there that is suffering today,that with determination and perseverance u can make it and turn the story of ur family around for the better. Just have that faith and see things turn around for good.

Good luck and make it a duty to make it and do not allow any distraction.

180 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by muyico(m): 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
I, Sell not sold => I sell fish in traffic!

7 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Sonnobax15(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
lipsrsealed
This is exactly the kind of motivation I need right away cuz I'm so down at this moment.

Thanks for that πŸ™

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by ahnie: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
This is exactly the kind of motivation I need right away cuz I'm so down at this moment.

Thanks for that πŸ™
Send aza maa send money for one cold bottle of mokite or chill hero.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by ahnie: 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2023
I love stories like this.... nowadays you g boys nor wan work...Na to dey wear dirty jeans and dirty dreadlocks dey Waka de fyne who dem go dupe.

Hard work aka working smart pays...

Udo

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Sonnobax15(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
ahnie:

Send aza maa send money for one cold bottle of mokite or chill hero.
. You mean am sis grin

2 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Gift96: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
Thank you
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by ahnie: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2023
Sonnobax15:
. You mean am sis grin

Any ways,ma rush send am sharp sharp before frustration and depression go finish your boy..
Opay

Pls kindly edit your details...I would send it later when m settled.

5 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
Nice2023:
Life is like a seed when we water it very well. Just like the story goes...I have personally sold soap and dried fish in Lagos state,in fact things were very bad for my parents in those days and I could also remember when my father was buoyant and financially capable. I sold fish at cele market called Odi eron and also sold dried fish around isolo area before God helped my parents to see me through my University education. .
You went through all of that while still a dependent? undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Sonnobax15(m): 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
ahnie:

Pls kindly edit your details...I would send it later when m settled.
ok sis.

1 Like

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Gbadugbakun(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
ahnie:
I love stories like this.... nowadays you g boys nor wan work...Na to dey wear dirty jeans and dirty dreadlocks dey Waka de fyne who dem go dupe.

Hard work aka working smart pays...

Udo
Hello I have been reading your post I want to know you better. Can I send you a DM
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by T0BY(m): 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hardwork and smart work really pays.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Gadafii: 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
Mans struggle to be a man is real and tough, story plenty how may person go talk, the most important thing is you never doubt the breakthrough, as long as you never run out of hustle

The story will change eventually, for good

8 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Acidosis(m): 12:21am On Dec 30, 2023
People still sell fish and soap till date. Selling fish is not another grass [to grace story]. You were simply doing a proper job to survive like everyone else. Those selling dried fish till date so we can eat are not stup!d. Many people built big houses by selling dried fish. It's unfortunate you couldn't do much with that business.

Making certain businesses look like "grass " is a serious issue in this country.

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by UnfairLife7(m): 6:18am On Dec 30, 2023
Nice2023:

Just like the story goes...I have personally sold soap and dried fish in Lagos state,in fact things were very bad for my parents in those days and I could also remember when my father was buoyant and financially capable. I sold fish at cele market called Odi eron and also sold dried fish around isolo area before God helped my parents to see me through my University education.

Today,I have ended their sufferings and subsequently brighten their face with the little I could offer and they are more than glad to move to into a new home for their retirements.

Finally,I want to urge u out there that is suffering today,that with determination and perseverance u can make it and turn the story of ur family around for the better. Just have that faith and see things turn around for good.

interesting

It's not easy coming from a poor family. I did all that while growing, i hawked all sorts of things, but nothing has come out of it. still living from hand to mouth.

It is well

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by fidelmarshal199: 8:24am On Dec 30, 2023
Gbadugbakun:

Hello I have been reading your post I want to know you better. Can I send you a DM

What's so inspiring in her post that made you wanna know her better?

I don't know why you guys are always after the female on this forum, is it that there is no females in your immediate environment or dating apps doesn't work on your phone.

This forum is for divulging or pouring out your opinions not for dating or hookups.

Most of the females now make use of the 'M' status to disguise from your disgusting dms

DesChyko:

I don't think you should be bothered what singles do here, except you feel threatened 😏

She is married with 2 children.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by DesChyko: 8:51am On Dec 30, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

What's so inspiring in her post that made you wanna know her better?

I don't know why you guys are always after the female on this forum, is that there is no females in your immediate environment or dating apps doesn't work on your phone.

This forum is for divulging or pouring out your opinions not for dating or hookups

I don't think you should be bothered what singles do here, except you feel threatened 😏
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Nice2023(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2023
UnfairLife7:
interesting

It's not easy coming from a poor family. I did all that while growing, i hawked all sorts of things, but nothing has come out of it. still living from hand to mouth.

It is well

One of the major things that broke that jinx was me,moving away from Lagos state and relocating to another state.
It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by DesChyko: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
She is married with 2 children.

That's for her to let interested people find out. However, I was reacting to this πŸ‘‡πŸΎ

fidelmarshal199:
This forum is for divulging or pouring out your opinions not for dating or hookups.

Even the forum has a romance section so let the singles breathe.

6 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Foodqueen(f): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Nice2023:

One of the major things that broke that jinx was me,moving away from Lagos state and relocating to another state.
It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Tell the whole story so people can make take one or two from it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by LooneyLester: 9:40am On Dec 30, 2023
So forking what ??

Make we clap for you

Nothing I hate more than proud fΓ‘ggots

Carry hustle in peace and silence , no need to boast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Mindlog: 11:23am On Dec 30, 2023
Acidosis:
People still sell fish and soap till date. Selling fish is not another grass [to grace story]. You were simply doing a proper job to survive like everyone else. Those selling dried fish till date so we can eat are not stup!d. Many people built big houses by selling dried fish. It's unfortunate you couldn't do much with that business.

Making certain businesses look like "grass " is a serious issue in this country.

Dried fish business is big business.

Before her retirement, my mum used to be a big seller of dried fish at Otto market in Lagos...it was a 24/7 money spinner and by 11a.m, her cartons of dried fish have all been bought off by resellers and those exporting abroad. My sister who took over the business had to sell it for good money, when she also relocated abroad as none of us was around to monitor it because one have to be around to monitor supply and sales, the Hausa suppliers also prefer seeing you around. cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Acidosis(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2023
Mindlog:

Dried fish business is big business.

Before her retirement, my mum used to be a big seller of dried fish at Otto market in Lagos...it was a 24/7 money spinner and by 11a.m, her cartons of dried fish have all be bought off by resellers and those exporting abroad. My sister who took over the business had to sell it for good money, when she also relocated abroad as none of us was around to monitor it because one have to be around to monitor supply and sales, the Hausa suppliers also prefer seeing you around. cheesy cheesy cheesy

As in. I absolutely understand. "Grass to grace" stories like this are a major reason so called "graduates" overlook many of these money spinners.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Mindlog: 11:54am On Dec 30, 2023
Acidosis:

As in. I absolutely understand. "Grass to grace" stories like this are a major reason so called "graduates" overlook many of these money spinners.

The owner of the shop, I used buy my Nigerian foodstuffs from here in the UK told me in one of our conversations that he came to the UK for his Masters, graduated, started an office work and earning monthly salary. After 2 years, he had to ask himself hard questions, that his widowed mother used to go to Oron to buy crayfish to resell in Onitsha and that business saw him and his 5 siblings through university.....he re-strategized and went to work for a Pakistani who owned an African shop for about 6 months, learning the ropes and how he gets supplies from West African countries at the cheapest rate.

There are so many money spinners many look down as "work for those whey no go school".

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Kingrshd3: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Yes I personally have so done selling dried fish and saving up to 100k per week πŸ€” even earning more than my salary for a week as a graduate 😞.

Irrespective of the Bussiness someone is doing is not really bad as long as he is making end meets

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by ahnie: 4:52pm On Jan 01
I know a girl that used to work as a porter in one hotel...she resigned then started selling spaghetti packs,tinned tomatoes and dried fish by the road side,she's cashing out.
Kingrshd3:

Yes I personally have so done selling dried fish and saving up to 100k per week πŸ€” even earning more than my salary for a week as a graduate 😞.

Irrespective of the Bussiness someone is doing is not really bad as long as he is making end meets

2 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Konquest: 9:53am On Jan 10
Mindlog:

The owner of the shop, I used buy my Nigerian foodstuffs from here in the UK told me in one of our conversations that he came to the UK for his Masters, graduated, started an office work and earning monthly salary. After 2 years, he had to ask himself hard questions, that his widowed mother used to go to Oron to buy crayfish to resell in Onitsha and that business saw him and his 5 siblings through university.....he re-strategized and went to work for a Pakistani who owned an African shop for about 6 months, learning the ropes and how he gets supplies from West African countries at the cheapest rate.

There are so many money spinners many look down as "work for those whey no go school".
Indeed, this is an insightful thread. I first read a few decades back that Asian immigrants have been the major suppliers of African food items to the African Diaspora communities in France and elsewhere. It's now that more folks of African descent have been moving into that sector even though right from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, some business-savvy Nigerians were involved in exporting in-demand African/Nigerian fresh food items to be sold at the food markets in London.

4 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by iampeterben(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11
God bless our hustles

2 Likes

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by yuzjet(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11
Heya
Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by BlocksNG(m): 2:13pm On Jan 11
Cut soap for me.
Nice2023:

1 Like

Re: I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. by Eriokanmi: 2:13pm On Jan 11
Nice2023:

After all education is not a scam. This is another proof. Everyone has a story to tell. I remember being on a journey to search for opportunities and I wasn't even sure of where to get money to take me back home from that trip. I remember one trip to port harcourt from lagos. I just took that bold step and entered a bus with the exact fare that would take me to port harcourt. How I returned to Lagos was a miracle. The rest was history. I remember the Abuja trip too. I took same risk. I was invited for a contract negotiation and I returned home with a cheque of 12m naira in 2011.

Take risk and don't look down on yourself. In risk taking lies great opportunities.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Burnt To Death Beyond Recognition In Her House After Church (Graphic Pics) / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.