Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,757 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos (36249 Views)

Amaechi, Ajimobi Inspect Lagos-Ibadan Railway At Ibadan Axis (Photos) / Update On The Lagos Light Rail, Eko Bridge Axis - Photos / The True State Of Lagos Light Rail Marina Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Unlimitk(m): 9:44pm On Jun 11, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

You even dull pass Buhari.

So we should learn ewedu politics from your waste land because one dullard decides to complete a road PDP started?

Remove Lagos, is your waste land better than other regions?

Go to Ifite, a village in Awka; Abariba, a village in Abia, Nnewi, a village in Anambra, Enugu city or Onitsha and see what it means to develop a place without lazily waiting on the government.

Sincerely, there's a lot other regions can learn about developmental mentality from the Igbos.
Is it all those places developed by drug money
Isn't that how we saw ppl being massacred in ozubulu village because of drug
Do u think if other tribes are as criminal minded as you abia and anambra guys,there wouldn't b big big buildings all over south west?
That's y I respect only IMO ppl out of all Igbo's
Because they seem to b quiet and you hardly hear them causing trouble
Its always anambra this and that
Isn't that how anambra ppl are killing themselves in south Africa over drug smuggling
I can post u link here,If u doubt me
Nobody needs to learn anything from u guys
Because most of u ppl are just criminals in disguise
Its d proceeds of your criminality u are enjoying that makes u bark anyhow
I don't see anything special about u guys at all
Yes u may b building story building, buying expensive cars,so what?
Because of that,u are better than me?
I dont know how u ppl think

15 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Dollyak(f): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
People are easily impressed it seems.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by YorubaWarrior: 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by 1759ademola(m): 10:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

So we should learn ewedu politics from your waste land because one dullard decides to complete a road PDP started?

Go to Ifite, a village in Awka; Abariba, a village in Abia, Nnewi, a village in Anambra, Enugu city or Onitsha and see what it means to develop a place without lazily waiting on the government.

Sincerely, there's a lot other regions can learn about developmental mentality from the Igbos.

I think you need to visit OSUN state, Despite being a civil servant state, the development there is amazing.
You may also visit Sango-Otta and Abeokuta in Ogun state.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Kennydoc(m): 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Beninempire:

Edo, Delta and part of bayelsa use to be part of south west.

grin you know south west is dominated by Yoruba, we wanted to have our own voice, that's why Midwest region was created. From there Edo and delta were created.

The truth of the matter is no matter the region you belong to, only your leaders you elect can bring development.

Not accurate!
Edo and Delta states were part of the Western Region before Midwest Region was created. There is a big difference between Western Region and South West.
In a similar manner, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa states were once part of the Eastern Region, but we can't say they were part of the South East.
South West and South East were recent creations by IBB.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by 1759ademola(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
post=79240989:

The willfully blind will forever be blind.
There is nothing anyone can do about that!!
Pls nah
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
1759ademola:

Pls nah
Lol cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Jabioro: 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
post=79240989:

So you are mindly blind....God of Nazareth....
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by easzypeaszy(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
helinues:
Wow

SW people are saying big Thank you to

Buhari led FG, Amaechi and Apc in general
poverty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by ffo(m): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
post=79240989:

This is the first insult and bashing on this trend. I wish it was not on the first page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by micfoley: 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
This doesnt look like it will be completed this year o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by lathrowinger: 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
AutoReportNG:

I love your mature response and that you didn't throw banters... If all comments are like this on NL, there won't be tribal issues...
Simply because the guy get home training...
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by lathrowinger: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
Beninempire:
don't worry south south will get there soon. South west is our main challenger cheesy

Tell your governors to better sit tight

Your head dey there... Nice respond. I hope some will learn from you

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by ofwest47(m): 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
Next level. The program progressively continues
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by seguno2: 12:20am On Jun 12, 2019
fuckerstard:
APC seem to dey make some progress, no need to lie.

We need jobs, lots of them

Please how will this provide jobs in a sustainable manner?
Thanks
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by seguno2: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2019
1759ademola:

I think you need to visit OSUN state, Despite being a civil servant state, the development there is amazing.
You may also visit Sango-Otta and Abeokuta in Ogun state.

By development, do you mean industries and the service sector creating jobs that pay well for the people?
Or what development do you mean
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by zeestone99(m): 12:46am On Jun 12, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

Really? You are a very "good " ambassador of these places you are promoting and the chance meeting with you online is enough for me to know the kinds of people there. Thank you.

I wanted to reply him wen I read his trash, but upon seein ur reply, I cudnt say anything more. I doff ma hat

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Starboytwo(m): 1:44am On Jun 12, 2019
OKYEBOS:

Why is it that despite the fact that little boys flogged the Eze Ndigbo of Akure, he refused to leave Akure and stayed back to be begging?

See, I am not in a mood to argue with inconsequential nonentities of zero national value. The Pdp you served for 20 years couldn't offer you a position even as a cleaner in the National Assembly. All you people ar useful for is carrying banners in Eagle Square.

Shibuke, pls carry your gala carton and get out of this thread.

shibuke indeed grin
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Bar1941(m): 1:48am On Jun 12, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

Really? You are a very "good " ambassador of these places you are promoting and the chance meeting with you online is enough for me to know the kinds of people there. Thank you.

Whao, see finishing! You just destroyed the idiĆ³t like that...Thumps up.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Aboguede(m): 2:36am On Jun 12, 2019
Dirtiest city of the world
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Mathiasa(m): 2:43am On Jun 12, 2019
Buhari is not working, Buhari is not working, will you pls keep quiet? grin
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Jubiliee: 3:39am On Jun 12, 2019
Beninempire:
don't worry south south will get there soon. South west is our main challenger cheesy

Tell your governors to better sit tight

If only we will have Govs and paramount RULERS willing to eradicate Militancy and kidnapping. I participated in this job from lagos to Ibadan not a soul was kidnapped, no matching ground was paid. The Baales were fully in control of their communities not Militants. We were never harass for one day. If it was my State Rivers half of the project money would have been used in buying hilux for military to protect us, the other to settle Ateke and Asari with their boys for the would be kidnapping.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by DuxofMen: 4:46am On Jun 12, 2019
seguno2:

Please how will this provide jobs in a sustainable manner?
Thanks

[b][/b]Ignorance is indeed the worst form of poverty.

I really don't have your time to explain too much, but let me give you a few pointers.

*There'll be direct employment of more railway workers - drivers, ticketing staff, cleaners for the coaches etc, administration staff, engineers, IT people etc. This is going to be replicated at all stations/stops, so my small list is by no means all encompassing.

*Then indirect jobs - where do I start? - commercial activities around train stations, ordinarily will employ thousands, contractors working for NRC. Printers who would print tickets, the efficiency in moving goods and services inland Nigeria will create better efficiencies and hence more jobs etc,etc.

Think of what the GSM had done in terms of job creation? Something similar awaits. That's why we need to build infrastructure. Any leader willing to do that gets my vote.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by laurel03(m): 5:33am On Jun 12, 2019
OKYEBOS:

Why is it that despite the fact that little boys flogged the Eze Ndigbo of Akure, he refused to leave Akure and stayed back to be begging?

See, I am not in a mood to argue with inconsequential nonentities of zero national value. The Pdp you served for 20 years couldn't offer you a position even as a cleaner in the National Assembly. All you people ar useful for is carrying banners in Eagle Square.

Shibuke, pls carry your gala carton and get out of this thread.

you are wicked walahi...
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by RemiOAjayi: 5:49am On Jun 12, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

The forum has been peaceful until a bastard showed face. Why will things always be about competition?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by AgreatMan: 6:03am On Jun 12, 2019
AutoReportNG:
As we countdown to the final unveiling of the Lagos-Ibadan Railway as being promised by the former minister of transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, we felt the need to checkmate what's going on in this sector since they seem to be closing up in Lagos.

AutoReportNG was in Ebute-Metta, the national headquarters of the Nigeria Railway Cooperation where there are series of construction happening simultaneously. Before we arrived at the railway compound, we decided to take a trip around Yaba as we noticed some evacuation around Yaba bus stop at the back of the popular LightHouse Cinema in Jibowu, we saw some workers of the CCECC tying to level up some places and also digging some parts, we don't understand how this comes into manifestation but we leave them to do their job. The work from Yaba didn't stop as we took a walk to the main compound of the NRC.

Reaching the compound, we met some security, we must, however, say that one of the challenges of reporters accessing these site despite the clearance given by Mr. Amaechi that he has mandated the securities at the site to allow Nigerians to come and take pictures of the work of the railway sites, the securities at the site seem to have their agenda, they won't allow you to take pictures and if you show your ID card, they resort to extortion that you drop something for the boys, we hope the management of these securities outfits will caution these folks and educate them that this is a federal job and not a private company where they can do or chase people as they want, people pay for these projects by taxes and so its not a crime to see what your money is doing.

In as much as the people are not disturbed or causing a nuisance to the workers or to the environment, they should be allowed to take pictures, only Ogun State seems to have an open field for these, those in Lagos are always very difficult and overzealous.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Qb6CXp45seM/XP-eHvymAjI/AAAAAAAAcdE/c1oojXHWKnMwIu6s0F0XZhHYLZMHNFhDQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_021_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Despite the struggles we had with the securities, we are able to inspect some sections of the work, we noticed there are three sections that are being built, there is section A, B, and C. Section A and B are at an advanced stage of about 45-55% while section C is just starting off, we noticed they are at the foundation stage of section C. We spoke to one of the workers who spoke to us in Yoruba about the stage of the work, he said, so far, work is going at a great speed, the issue they are having has to do with Lagosians and demolition of houses close to the rail track which has been carried out, he said before August, Lagos zone ought to have reached a climax.

For the records, the 156km railway was billed at $1.6 billion and it will cut across 3 southwest states namely, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo state. At the completion of this rail, those in Lagos can get to Ibadan in less than 40mins time and it will help to decongest the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Mr. Amaechi last year promised that the railway will be ready before May 2019 but the company handling the rail can not deliver as planned. We looking forward to new date this time around.

AutoReportNG walked around the site briefly and we are able to capture some pictures for your view.

Yaba/Tejuoosho Axis

[img]https://1.bp..com/-_OhPRLDrpl8/XP-d7OcR25I/AAAAAAAAcaE/X-47K6CfVxkqduxJCHFS_6MxJp91S4IaQCLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_001_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zaazSPnjeQU/XP-d7DzWe_I/AAAAAAAAcaI/3uU_nYB_mlcr29eQexlO9-uo9O6fWPVOACLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_002_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-3cwzACAhmD8/XP-d82cbbTI/AAAAAAAAcaU/ZNZjQm4_tHsvCcDSE08ILEFKciQEdaM7wCLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_005_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-o2pV7n2Xr5s/XP-eBNckQrI/AAAAAAAAcak/NeuWu7qZifo_9XokbdGtwIoGFaIvuk4kQCLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_009_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-8RtvvavuSm4/XP-eCCKIAzI/AAAAAAAAcas/eSRWQ-DA-VUGA7PA2ALIfFARRuJtPp6UACLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_011_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-qsAScl_A3Mo/XP-eI2wyFAI/AAAAAAAAcbg/ywf1J6Q6ZHo9bAomnbQ3rTcMGEjLj9WtgCLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_024_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Ebute Metta

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Kfkq5Mc5hqA/XP-eKYL8yLI/AAAAAAAAcbo/4UNWblkxcfMNKnGnSdTjUy2BA-Bkq6W8ACLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_027_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-4zCfwXO_rag/XP-eLCLtJgI/AAAAAAAAcbw/eJguccFGuZ0G2Z3XOKfWUS2seFIcLygjgCLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_028_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gy5-Lto7mfs/XP-eMM1brDI/AAAAAAAAcb8/BPF2caal_3QJFAuSUmX243__o8U48MBAwCLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_031_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ETQAR0kRaXE/XP-ePDzSx8I/AAAAAAAAccQ/H6odCTTmzdsYS_sJt42qCGM1bpc4yjuxACLcBGAs/s1600/Ebute_Metta_railway_036_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Editorial Note:
We can't post all 45 images at here at a stretch because of people's data, if you need to see more images and not mindful of data, kindly check on the source for more images.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/06/lagos-ibadan-railway-update-into-yaba.html

Why is it that none of your pictures ever loads in my phone. And it is ONLY your thread.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by JimohMomoh: 6:16am On Jun 12, 2019
Am not hating o, but we like celebrating mediocrity in this country.
First, is this type of inefficient, diesel guzzling,enviromentally hazardous railway still built anywhere in the world. For example Kenya and Morocco recently completed their world class railway system.

Secondly, judging from the photographs I don't think this project will be 100% completed by end of this year, we are already in June. Don't forget 80% of the money is loan from China.

Finally I commend the minister of transport because since he intervened in these project the contractors have never relax or slowed down(rainy or dry season), they have been working round the clock non stop. The zeal from the minister was like no other.

My hope is that the new minister will have same zeal.
Thanks AutoJosh.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by saintade01(m): 6:19am On Jun 12, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Why are you so unfortunate?

You see a matured peaceful thread with sensible comments and you decided just to show your stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by spinna: 6:49am On Jun 12, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

Hahaha. Benin and the whole of Edo state used to be part of the West and some people believed their progress was even slowed down by lumping them with the rest of SS.Honestly, Fashola' s case is a are exception and you know. Back to back in Lagos now, it is University of Lagos alumnus.

Oyo's new Governor is also an Akokite
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Luvinghubby: 6:54am On Jun 12, 2019
JimohMomoh:
Am not hating o, but we like celebrating mediocrity in this country.
First, is this type of inefficient, diesel guzzling,enviromentally hazardous railway still built anywhere in the world. For example Kenya and Morocco recently completed their world class railway system.

Secondly, judging from the photographs I don't think this project will be 100% completed by end of this year, we are already in June. Don't forget 80% of the money is loan from China.

Finally I commend the minister of transport because since he intervened in these project the contractors have never relax or slowed down(rainy or dry season), they have been working round the clock non stop. The zeal from the minister was like no other.

My hope is that the new minister will have same zeal.
Thanks AutoJosh.

You nailed it, even our so-called exposed and civilized youths including AutoJosh couldn't spot the outdated railway system.
Nigeria deserve a better, environmentally friendly and efficient railway system. I laughed the very first day I entered the train in Abuja.
I pray we get it right someday.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1NK2A0

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: An Update Into Yaba, Ebute-Metta Axis - Photos by Yahami(m): 7:05am On Jun 12, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Are you done?
Kai you're not patriotic at all, after all effort by us to bring Sanity to NL you're taken us back

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo) / More Photos Of South African Returnees After Evacuation By Air Peace / Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.