Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,909 members, 7,810,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname (44193 Views)

Married Female NYSC Members To Report In Their Husbands' State / 4 Female Corpers Escape From Yahoo Ritualist Posing As Taxify Driver / Female Corpers Turn Their Khaki To Bum Shorts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by DameOge: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
What of those that lied just to get a posting
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by alimohammedibn(m): 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
kenny1313:
Some will still do giveaway in camp.
Reminder cheesy 8-) shocked
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by jeff1607(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
this reminds me of a situation during my service year, a lady used her boyfriend's surname and used that as an excuse for relocation, before service year ended they broke up but the girl's Nysc certificate still carries her bf surname on her discharge certificate

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by alimohammedibn(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
Fear GOD
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by qanda: 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
Mabpaine:
And if they divorce? Nigeria is the only country in the world choosing to waste the time of its youths on this kinda unproductive program..

this program makes us lazy except those who break the rules by ghosting which is an offence.. so it’s either you are productive by commiting an offence or be loyal to the Law and end up being lazy for a year.. *Spits*

NYSC is a good example of saying our Leaders (past/present) are not intellectual enough to lead us.

Majority of blacks are cursed with avarice anyways
NYSC is not a waste of time, it appears to be a waste of time for individuals who do not understand or refuse to understand the importance of the scheme. People are lazy by choice. I have so much to say in response to your comment...shining examples why NYSC is one of the best things that have happened to this country, besides, do you know some other countries visit Nigeria to understudy the scheme?

Whenever I attend a Job interview and I am asked "what did you do during your NYSC", I get the job!

Young man, NYSC does not waste peoples time, people choose to waste their time - thereby robbing the Scheme of its shine and robbing themselves of the benefits of the scheme.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by owila4luv(m): 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
Alanpoza007:

Whether you pray from today to tomorrow, it won't stop the incidence of divorce in marriages, just like you can not pray not to feel hungry again in life.
be it unto you according to your words, as the rest of us, #Godblessourmarriages
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
justjasper:
I don't seem to understand you. What exactly are you saying? Please, go back and read the post.
That’s why people score differently in JAMB even though they read the same comprehension cheesy
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by KayGood(m): 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2019
What of single mothers with baby? This rule shouldn't be rigid, there should be some exceptions yo it. More so, substitution of maiden name with spouse name is an imported colonial mentality which doesn't fit into some cultural and religions practices. Where's as an adult, you have the right to bear whatever name you wish, it's ur choice. So why must NYSC mandate you to a particular surname? It's inconsistent with a civilized thought.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by RexTramadol1: 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
Good!

They can't start divorcing upandan
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
Feminists right now:

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Obec70(m): 8:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
If one apply for instance as a married couple there is every need to show proof of ownership! Preferential treatment given to married couples can't be given to singles, it is no secret they formed to be married in other to stay put at there comfort zone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Obec70(m): 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2019
If one apply for instance as a married couple there is every need to show proof of it! Preferential treatment given to married couples can't be given to singles, it is no secret they formed to be married in other to stay put at there comfort zone!
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
To serve Nigeria is not by force.
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
KayGood:
What of single mothers with baby? This rule shouldn't be rigid, there should be some exceptions yo it. More so, substitution of maiden name with spouse name is an imported colonial mentality which doesn't fit into some cultural and religions practices. Where's as an adult, you have the right to bear whatever name you wish, it's ur choice. So why must NYSC mandate you to a particular surname? It's inconsistent with a civilized thought.

The message is for MARRIED WOMEN not BABY MAMAS
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Mabpaine(m): 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
qanda:

NYSC is not a waste of time, it appears to be a waste of time for individuals who do not understand or refuse to understand the importance of the scheme. People are lazy by choice. I have so much to say in response to your comment...shining examples why NYSC is one of the best things that have happened to this country, besides, do you know some other countries visit Nigeria to understudy the scheme?

Whenever I attend a Job interview and I am asked "what did you do during your NYSC", I get the job!

Young man, NYSC does not waste peoples time, people choose to waste their time - thereby robbing the Scheme of its shine and robbing themselves of the benefits of the scheme.
sir? What did you do during your NYSC that didn’t involve you cheating the system through ghosting or using connection or money to get your self a good place of primary assignment sir?

And sir I will appreciate it you school me afresh on what it’s meant for cos my last lesson on that topic is that ex-president Yakubu Gowon created the scheme to bridge the relationship of ethnic groups across the nation after the unfortunate civil war.

And if only 2% benefits from the scheme,then it’s called a failure project.
Still dunno how 2% benefit legitimately though
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Mabpaine(m): 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
seunfly:

Lol!!! Go to somany advanced countries like Russia, South Korea etc, they also do things like this infact their own is full millitary training and they are regard as reserve incase war breaks out and the country needs more hand.
are you telling me military training is unproductive.. Man learnt how to protect and defend himself before learning anything else.. tell me what peeps are doing during NYSC and pls don’t tell me teaching..

What’s the point of calling something good when it’s cons outweighs the pros
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Mabpaine(m): 9:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

You are not enlightened.

Google "compulsory military service " and get back to me.

Israel, Brazil and Sweden all do it, last time i checked.

Criticize with sense, next time.

Cc JohnsGhana. Don't mind him.
sir military and defence are necessity to human’s survival.. are you telling me NYSC is a program for military training? I won’t say you are not enlightened, I rushed to comment.. military training is a productive program sir.
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Mabpaine(m): 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Johnsghana:

Mr. have you ever heard of the Peace Corps and AmeriCorps in the US? Goole it!

These programs are voluntary in the US where patriotism and nationalism is very high, there wouldn't be problems with getting people to sign up.

NYSC is very important to many rural communities in Nigeria, that is the only way the can afford to have a doctor or nurse. Many corps members do a lot of charity work during their service year that impacts many poor lives.
I haven’t heard of peace corps and Americorps, but I’ll google to learn more.

I appreciate you pointed out it’s voluntary. Dunno if You have am idea how much difference it will make between having a choice.

And as for the rural you talked about, you justifying that the youths’ life and time should be sacrificedto complement for the inability of the government (esp Local Govt) to perform its duties? Or you dunno that it’s the statutory duty of the Govt to provide basic amenities for its people. That’s the primary reason for tax, oil licensing, etc and not to be shared among greedy politicians?

So in summary, you saying instead of Govt using the money to employ capable hands with the nations income, they should divert the time of their youths to such while they can live large?

Not even talking bout the psychological effect of students having new teachers every session from one Corper to another?

How can consistency be there when the students know they can’t bond with a teacher that will soon leave.. how will they give their all

Education sector which should have been the bedrock of the nation is placed in the hands of people who weren’t trained to be teachers..

Killing 2 birds with one stone: delaying the graduates and destroying the educational system with one blow called NYSC

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Mabpaine(m): 9:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
charliboy654:

U are so correct, especially those posted to those northern villages, imagine being in a school for more than a month and you are told that the students are not ready to resume, person go dey morning till night doing nothing.
I’m telling you.. May God’s grace keep us and guide us especially corpers posted far from home who at the end can’t really explain how the one year commitment have been a benefit to them or even the students they set out to help in harsh conditions
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by ifyluxx: 9:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
Introduction does not make one married ,nysc required ur married certificate/court registration
frozen70:
What kind of bye force change of name be that

What if its just introduction that they were able to do pending when the proper marriage will take place

What about the name in the degree certificate, won't it clash ❓

They should just over look some things joor
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by goat22: 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
DonMarkuzi:
I thought they were about to address the high level of promiscuity amongst married women in camp.

Hello sir, hello sir, hello sir follow this way.
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Psoul(m): 9:45am On Jun 12, 2019
DonMarkuzi:
I thought they were about to address the high level of promiscuity amongst married women in camp.

No...they are trying to discourage those faking marriage so that they will relocate them to the state of their choice.
So when u write any guy's name as ur husband, they will use that guy's name in your certificate.

So if the name u presented is fake, na im be say NYSC don marry husband give u ooo.
So no more fake application for redeployment based on marital bases.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Johnsghana(m): 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
Mabpaine:
I haven’t heard of peace corps and Americorps, but I’ll google to learn more.

I appreciate you pointed out it’s voluntary. Dunno if You have am idea how much difference it will make between having a choice.

And as for the rural you talked about, you justifying that the youths’ life and time should be sacrificedto complement for the inability of the government (esp Local Govt) to perform its duties? Or you dunno that it’s the statutory duty of the Govt to provide basic amenities for its people. That’s the primary reason for tax, oil licensing, etc and not to be shared among greedy politicians?

So in summary, you saying instead of Govt using the money to employ capable hands with the nations income, they should divert the time of their youths to such while they can live large?

Not even talking bout the psychological effect of students having new teachers every session from one Corper to another?

How can consistency be there when the students know they can’t bond with a teacher that will soon leave.. how will they give their all

Education sector which should have been the bedrock of the nation is placed in the hands of people who weren’t trained to be teachers..

Killing 2 birds with one stone: delaying the graduates and destroying the educational system with one blow called NYSC

Dear Mbapaine, as much as I want to align with your assertions, i still beg to differ. One year of your life for the greater good and real life education is not a big deal. Many Westerners fo on what they call gap year , they just spend one year away from school learning about life, culture or travelling the world. This is what broadens the mind and increases your emotional quotient.

My personal experience: I was born and brought up in Lagos, went to primary, secondary school and University in Lagos. If not for NYSC, i will not know any other part of Nigeria. Anytime I read or here people in Lagos or Abuja complain about the quality of life they live, I see them as ungrateful.

NYSC exposed me to different people from other parts of Nigeria and their various culture.
I can say that my NYSC experience prepared for living and working abroad. I'm more tolerant of other people's culture and views. My take - no matter how full or empty the cup is - your perspective is what matters.

FYI: There are poor neighborhoods and rural areas too in the Western world too. The govt cannot fix everything alone and definitely not in one day. We all have a duty to contribute our quota to nation development and the welfare of the less privileged amongst us.
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by Mabpaine(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
Johnsghana:

Dear Mbapaine, as much as I want to align with your assertions, i still beg to differ. One year of your life for the greater good and real life education is not a big deal. Many Westerners fo on what they call gap year , they just spend one year away from school learning about life, culture or travelling the world. This is what broadens the mind and increases your emotional quotient.

My personal experience: I was born and brought up in Lagos, went to primary, secondary school and University in Lagos. If not for NYSC, i will not know any other part of Nigeria. Anytime I read or here people in Lagos or Abuja complain about the quality of life they live, I see them as ungrateful.

NYSC exposed me to different people from other parts of Nigeria and their various culture.
I can say that my NYSC experience prepared for living and working abroad. I'm more tolerant of other people's culture and views. My take - no matter how full or empty the cup is - your perspective is what matters.

FYI: There are poor neighborhoods and rural areas too in the Western world too. The govt cannot fix everything alone and definitely not in one day. We all have a duty to contribute our quota to nation development and the welfare of the less privileged amongst us.

well you spoke like someone who came from privilege.. so I can relate with what you talking bout.. NYSC for you is to relax and get to know about other places.. but do you know those I met during NYSC, those who practically begged and sold their lil Assets through school.. knowing other cultures is the last thing on their mind.. are they put into consideration when enforcing one year of their lives to be dictated for them..

Govt can’t fix everything but they don’t need to add to the sufferings of this people..

Have a friend who’s greatly older than I am during service year. He kept mummering how age is against him and how slim his chances of getting jobs are and now NYSC is going to make it a lot harder cos a year will be added to him before getting to job market

Learning cultures and visiting places is not one of the basic needs of man, Work, security and the likes are

You may enjoy NYSC as an opportunity to give to others and enjoy other cultures cos Basic needs are not your worry.. your family’s got that covered

We have to start learning to put ourselves in others shoes

I’m not suffering too thank God but I think you should learn to put yourself in other’s shoes

Picture yourself having to sell some of your cloths and shoes to pay through school and then end up with a year of learning other’s cultures
Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by optaseun: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
See below

Re: NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname by EseBaba: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
Good measures to checkmate corruption!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Reason Most Nigeria Graduates Are Unemployable (pics) / Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp / How To Change NYSC Date Of Birth During Online Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.