Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality (1229 Views)

Chile Legalizes Same Sex Marriage ( Pictures) / 350 Elephants Die In Botswana (Photos) / California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
Botswana’s High Court has ruled in favour of decriminalising homosexuality in a landmark decision for campaigners.

The court rejected laws that impose up to seven years in prison for same-sex relationships, stating they were unconstitutional.

The move contrasts with Kenya’s recent ruling against campaigners seeking to overturn laws on gay sex.

Angola, Mozambique and the Seychelles have all scrapped anti-homosexuality laws in recent years.

After three judges came to the decision unanimously, Judge Michael Elburu delivered the verdict.

More. https://mandynews.com/botswana-government-legalizes-homosexuality/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by helinues: 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Botswana?? All the best to them

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by stephleena(f): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Bobrisky's place of birth
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by budaatum: 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
“A democratic nation is one that embraces tolerance, diversity, and open-mindedness … societal inclusion is central to ending poverty and fostering shared prosperity … The state cannot be a sheriff in people’s bedrooms,” Leburu said.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2019
budaatum:
“A democratic nation is one that embraces tolerance, diversity, and open-mindedness … societal inclusion is central to ending poverty and fostering shared prosperity … The state cannot be a sheriff in people’s bedrooms,” Leburu said.

When Dem gays rush to comment u will know.
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by panafrican(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
Those countries that allow gay marriage in Africa deserve to be invaded.
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Righteousness89(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
Certainly GOD Will Destroy this Generation, if not, The Generation of Noah and that of Sodom and Gomorrah will Question GOD...

LORD Have Mercy on us...

Please Forgive us our Sins and Count us Worthy to be Saved from the Impending Calamities ...
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by ibkayee(f): 5:40am On Jun 12, 2019
The behaviour between two consenting adults should not be criminalised if it isn't causing any harm, just mind your business

Good news. Happy pride month to the LGBTQ community

4 Likes

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by nuelyoyo(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2019
ibkayee:
The behaviour between two consenting adults should not be criminalised if it isn't causing any harm, just mind your business

please are u gay, or you just sympathize with them? embarassed
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by ibkayee(f): 8:16am On Jun 12, 2019
nuelyoyo:
please are u gay, or you just sympathize with them? embarassed
Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Aaronsrod: 11:12am On Jun 12, 2019
ibkayee:

Why?
Our God of Fire must kill!!
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by ibkayee(f): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2019
Aaronsrod:

Our God of Fire must kill!!

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by HarryDuce(m): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2019
Kudos to them. This is what Nigeria should have done.

For those who didn't notice, LGBT was decriminalised, not legalised. Spot the difference before having heart attack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by panafrican(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
Botswana is now gay because of their former half-white half -African president.
We know understand why he hated president Mugabe so much.
What was his name again?
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by TrajansKong: 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
panafrican:
Those countries that allow gay marriage in Africa deserve to be invaded.

If only you realized how much this your comment demands Freudian analysis, my broda!

Deep analysis...
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by panafrican(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
TrajansKong:

If only you realized how much this your comment demands Freudian analysis, my broda!

Deep analysis...
Freud himself had some mental health issues.
You can't use his findings as a reliable yardstick grin
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by panafrican(m): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Nigeria: 20 million military men and volunteers
Algeria: 10 million military men and volunteers
Zimbabwe : 10 million military men and volunteers
Rwanda: 2 million paratroopers.
That is it, the country would be occupied in less than two days !
South Africa can't help you guys.
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by TrajansKong: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
panafrican:

Freud himself had some mental health issues.
You can't use his findings as a reliable yardstick grin
True!
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
ibkayee:

shocked shocked

I was wasting my time crushing on a lesbian. Wasted p**y
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by ibkayee(f): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
GoTV:

shocked shocked

Hi again, you’ve been noticed kiss

1 Like

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
ibkayee:

Go to H*l

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
Way to go! kiss

Meanwhile Nigeria has nothing to say about paedophile roaming about everywhere cry

Before 20yrs, Nigeria will join grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Any missile sent my way back to sender 0ne million times kiss kiss cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
ibkayee:

Always remember to put the lol
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by ibkayee(f): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
ornicus:

Always remember to put the lol
Lmao how could I forget cheesy
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Thegamingorca(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
GoTV:

shocked shocked

grin
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by Thegamingorca(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
GoTV:

Go to H*l

I still want her to sit on my face tho grin

1 Like

Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by tsdarkside(m): 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
ibkayee:

you scare the shitt out of me....

whats wrong with you....??

are you afro american....??

if not,you should know its a bad idea....
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by ibkayee(f): 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
tsdarkside:

you scare the shitt out of me....

whats wrong with you....??

are you afro american....??

if not,you should know its a bad idea....
What's a bad idea?
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by tsdarkside(m): 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
ibkayee:

What's a bad idea?

gay....
Re: Botswana Government “legalizes” Homosexuality by ibkayee(f): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
tsdarkside:

gay....
Why?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Americans / South Africa Invited To Join Bric Group / Crisis In The Congo:uncovering The Truth - Who Cares? Not For The Faint Hearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.