Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? (4633 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Why Do Nairalanders Lie So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by memes: 3:58am On Oct 02, 2010
please someone help me cause I don't know what to do. I have notice that my husband lie even with little things that is not suppose to lie to. He believe that marriage cannot work without lies and he always tell me about this his friend that lie so much. please tell me what to do about it because am hurting.If I tell him that he just lie to me he gets very angry that can even lead to a fight.please I need your help.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Osama10(m): 4:36am On Oct 02, 2010
what are the lies about?
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by okeymadu(m): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2010
@OP. Well if the lies aren't meart to cover cheating it is better. However, in the case that he cheats it is a more serious issue. I suggest you tell his relation that he respect and have that person to talk to him.

Since you both are married, you must keep working on the marriage to make it work.

Are you a christian? Get him to attend fellowships and go on your knees. Prayers work wonders.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by no1madman(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2010
Wrong man!How did u end up with such a man. .u r in trouble.
His self-esteem must be very low. .such people r often depressed.
He must be himself. .he really needs help.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by ifyalways(f): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2010
memes:

please someone help me cause I don't know what to do. I have notice that my husband lie even with little things that is not suppose to lie to. He believe that marriage cannot work without lies and he always tell me about this his friend that lie so much. please tell me what to do about it because am hurting.If I tell him that he just lie to me he gets very angry that can even lead to a fight.please I need your help.
Did he start lying now or he has always been like this even b4 u married him?
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by InkedNerd(f): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2010
ifyalways:

Did he start lying now or he has always been like this even b4 u married him?

lol, he probably lied before and she just didn't know it tongue
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by ifyalways(f): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lol, he probably lied before and she just didn't know it tongue

lol
If jes a chronic liar and has been lying b4 marriage and she saw it all along i guess shes left with 3 options:
She start lying too.
She pray,encourage and hope he changes.
She just ignore his lies.
BTwn,I know some ppl hate hearing the truth hence giving ppl close to them reasons to lie to them.Im not making excuses for the man though but i hope the OP checks herself and see if she gave the man reasons to lie to her. undecided
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by zeal500: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2010
lie in anyway is nt gd. If he just developed dis trait then smth must b cooking but where its been there then during ur courtshp u either didnt notice it or he simply told u all those tins u which mit b thins dt move u.

Involving others(3rd) is nt d best, Cook his best food, serve him d best sex n when his mood is gd try discussing it wt her, Nb:if he starts telling u pure unadultrated truth u shd b ready to take it, be it bomb shell etc, just take it wt gd faith
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by geoger: 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
Thanks for your advises, really I don't if he has been lying to me how could I know, but recently I found that he is indeed lying to to me, last night we were watching a television show, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE on( MBC 4) a man was dancing so I went inside the kitchen, so when I came out he has finished dancing so I ask my husband if they gave the man ticket to Vegas? he said no but at the end of the show they mentioned the man's name as one of the people that is going to Vegas, before that I ask him if he drank tea before going to bed he said no but he did,after we finished our dinner i went bed I sleep very early because am pregnant, we have been married for 5 years now and we have two children, when I was sleeping our baby girl came in with a cup on her hand so I taught it was water but when I woke up in the mid night i found out it was tea, so i ask him if he drank tea he said no.I don't know why he said know I have never fought him when he eat.He make all the money in the house he buys everything in the house but why is he acting this way? lying for a little thing. we write what the family should be doing every day he remove the ones I wrote, but the one he write about praying everyday he find it so difficult to do, I will ask him up to 6 times to come and pray sometimes he pray or he will not.I am trying to work on my marriage and I want us to do it together but my husband don't listen to me.rather he will fight with me.We have been fighting for years trying to know each other the more but for some months now we I have been much happier then ever, except last night when I found out he lied to me twice at the same time who know how long he has been lying to me or is he just forming a new bad habit?
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by memes: 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2010
geoger:

Thanks for your advises, really I don't if he has been lying to me how could I know, but recently I found that he is indeed lying to to me, last night we were watching a television show, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE on( MBC 4) a man was dancing so I went inside the kitchen, so when I came out he has finished dancing so I ask my husband  if they gave the man ticket to  Vegas? he said no but at the end of the show they mentioned the man's name as one of the people that is going to Vegas, before that I ask him if he drank tea before going to bed he said no but he did,after we finished our dinner i went bed I sleep very early because am pregnant, we have been married for 5 years now and we have two children, when I was sleeping our baby girl came in with a cup on her hand so I taught it was water but when I woke up in the mid night i found out it was tea, so i ask him if he drank tea he said no.I don't know why he said know I have never fought him when he eat.He make all the money in the house he buys everything in the house but why is he acting this way? lying  for a little thing. we write what the family should be doing every day he remove the ones I wrote, but the one he write about praying everyday he find it so difficult to do, I will ask him up to 6 times to come and pray sometimes he pray or he will not.I am trying to work on my marriage and I want us to do it together but my husband don't listen to me.rather he will fight with me.We have been fighting for years trying to know each other the more but for some months now we I have been much happier then ever, except last night when I found out he lied to me twice at the same time who know how long he has been lying to me or is he just forming a new bad habit?
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2010
geoger:

Thanks for your advises, really I don't if he has been lying to me how could I know, but recently I found that he is indeed lying to to me, last night we were watching a television show, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE on( MBC 4) a man was dancing so I went inside the kitchen, so when I came out he has finished dancing so I ask my husband if they gave the man ticket to Vegas? he said no but at the end of the show they mentioned the man's name as one of the people that is going to Vegas, before that I ask him if he drank tea before going to bed he said no but he did,after we finished our dinner i went bed I sleep very early because am pregnant, we have been married for 5 years now and we have two children, when I was sleeping our baby girl came in with a cup on her hand so I taught it was water but when I woke up in the mid night i found out it was tea, so i ask him if he drank tea he said no.I don't know why he said know I have never fought him when he eat.He make all the money in the house he buys everything in the house but why is he acting this way? lying for a little thing. we write what the family should be doing every day he remove the ones I wrote, but the one he write about praying everyday he find it so difficult to do, I will ask him up to 6 times to come and pray sometimes he pray or he will not.I am trying to work on my marriage and I want us to do it together but my husband don't listen to me.rather he will fight with me.We have been fighting for years trying to know each other the more but for some months now we I have been much happier then ever, except last night when I found out he lied to me twice at the same time who know how long he has been lying to me or is he just forming a new bad habit?

if you have been fighting for years how did you manage to stop fighting have sex resulting in you getting pregnant

from the way you have narrated your issues it seems like you are the nagging one you ask silly question and you look for a fight in those silly question you end making a big story
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by AloyEmeka5: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2010
@OP, Try "why does my husband lie too much?" next time.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
i can imagine the situation. . . . . . . the husband is so fed up of this nagging babe asking all types of "akward" questions under the moon that he has decided to stop answering them truthfully hoping that she will finally understand and stop.
these are not lies, they are sarcastic answers!
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Romeo4real(m): 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Aloy -
@OP, Try "why does my husband lie too much?" next time.
I believe that's an unfair comment. Having an excellent grasp of grammar is not a necessary prerequisite to posting on NL. As long as the poster can make herself understood (which she has), then i believe that's fine.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2010
^^^^^ is correcting someone who made a grammatical error wrong or unfair?!
Aloy just pointed to the poster how she should have written it properly so that next time she wont make that mistake again.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Busybody2(f): 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

if you have been fighting for years how did you manage to stop fighting have intimacy resulting in you getting pregnant

from the way you have narrated your issues it seems like you are the nagging one you ask silly question and you look for a fight in those silly question you end making a big story

MRbrownJAY:

i can imagine the situation. . . . . . . the husband is so fed up of this nagging babe asking all types of "akward" questions under the moon that he has decided to stop answering them truthfully hoping that she will finally understand and stop.
these are not lies, they are sarcastic answers!

Guys, please exercise caution before posting, i have gone through the OP's previous post, she married and had her first baby real young, around age 19, she has 2 children under the age of 5 and is pregnant with the third on the way. She has battled and won postnatal depression, she is just 25 years old, her Hubby has a history of domestic violence with her often beating her, he has ludicrously blamed her for being a short person . . .
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by InkedNerd(f): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2010
Busy_body:

Guys, please exercise caution before posting, i have gone through the OP's previous post, she married and had her first baby real young, around age 19, she has 2 children under the age of 5 and is pregnant with the third on the way. She has battled and won postnatal depression, she is just 25 years old, her Hubby has a history of domestic violence with her often beating her, he has ludicrously blamed her for being a short person . . .

Oh my shocked. Poor woman
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
i dont see where she wrote that her husband ever beat her, if anything sounds like she scares the man shitless,
who lies about drinking tea for chrissakes grin and the show on TV, gaddem grin
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Busybody2(f): 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2010
BoboYekini:

i dont see where she wrote that her husband ever beat her, if anything sounds like she scares the man shitless,
who lies about drinking tea for chrissakes grin and the show on TV, gaddem grin

See below, she only has 9 posts, so whats your excuse undecided And what is with the gloating undecided

memes:

I and my husband has been married for 4 and half years , but our last three year has been so rough we fight so much, he talks to as if am not a human being when I reply any of his disrespectful words he hit me.  He always like to stay with his male friend all the time, I even believe he was having an affair, when ever I ask a question he gets  so angry, sometimes I ask him why he even got married to me. We have two kids, one day we were quarreling he  told that he hate me because am not too tall, that he told me hate short women, he didn’t say any like that when we were dating. He even say that he will marry another woman so that I will not be asking where he is,[yes when he go out I do call he but not for any bad reason is because I care ]but he believe I suspect he always.  He get very angry quickly I don’t know he is like this when we are dating. Now for the past 5 months he has been so nice to me, even when I get very angry at him because of the things he said that I couldn’t  forget, he never reply anymore, now all he say is that he want to be a good father to all children, how he want them to be in the future he now says good things to me, now I want to know why he suddenly change. Is he now ready to be a husband and a father? Or is it because I threatened to leave him because I can’t stand him anymore or do men like him really change? Now he want me to have other child for him but I can’t because I don’t think he can stand me now. After having my first child I felt so depressed I don’t know if he when through that too.  Do men get depressed after they have their first child?  Please some help me and tell me what to do . I  still love him, he is the father of my children.[H e says the things he said to me he didn’t mean it,  say them because he is angry.]
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2010
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2010
Busy_body:

See below, she only has 9 posts, so whats your excuse undecided And what is with the gloating undecided

ok, ok , sheesh  undecided,
forgive if i cant go through your posts too.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
Busy_body:

i am sorry to say that we CANT go inside everyones profile and check their every single posts in order to reply (she had only a few, what about those who have thousands?!). if the poster didnt see fit to dwell more on the abusive relationship she is in, then so be it.

as i rightly said, her partner's answer are sarcastic ones and i didnt have to go through her posts to figure that out!

BTW: is the poster MEMES or GEOGER?! whats next, shouldnt we figure out who is who and check all the hundreds of potential profiles that the poster MAY have?! lol!
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Busybody2(f): 12:08am On Oct 03, 2010
BoboYekini:

ok, ok , sheesh  undecided,
forgive if i cant go through your posts too.

MRbrownJAY:

i am sorry to say that we CANT go inside everyones profile and check their every single posts in order to reply (she had only a few, what about those who have thousands?!). if the poster didnt see fit to dwell more on the abusive relationship she is in, then so be it.

as i rightly said, her partner's answer are sarcastic ones and i didnt have to go through her posts to figure that out!

BTW: is the poster MEMES or GEOGER?! whats next, shouldnt we figure out who is who and check all the hundreds of potential profiles that the poster MAY have?! lol!

What is the big deal about me beseeching you to temper mercy with justice undecided And please quit the snotty smartypant with the smartyarse lame replies, its seriously unbecoming lipsrsealed Y'all don't need to go through people's post before exercising that thing called "tact" and "diplomacy" abegi cool

So Mrbrownjay, since you managed to not only decode from your crystal ball that her hubby was being sarcastic because she was a nag, pray tell, did he beat her, bring her down, belittle her, etc because she was a nag too undecided Answers on a postcard please cool

Apologies to Zim Drill for quoting and responding to his/her post, at least he/she actually diplomatically stated that he/she was responding based Memes post, instead of these two gloating about someone's misfortune cool
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 03, 2010
yeah, i'm gloating, cos gloating is more fun
sue me
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 03, 2010
^^^^^^ the poster asked why her husband lies to her and she got her answer from different people on here. no need to try to talk about something that she CLEARLY doesnt wish to talk about. STAY ON THE BLOODY SUBJECT!!!!

if you spent more time replying the poster rather than snooping around trying to look for "whatever" then this thread would be a few post shorter.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Dsense(m): 12:19am On Oct 03, 2010
He lies so much simply bcoz he loves u so much grin
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by InkedNerd(f): 12:41am On Oct 03, 2010
D-sense my dear, what kind of answer was that? undecided Smh.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Dsense(m): 12:49am On Oct 03, 2010
Dear it's d truth i just yarn grin grin, Serious. U know ''some'' ladies will never be pleased until u frame them .So i think d lady here is just one of dem.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by InkedNerd(f): 1:26am On Oct 03, 2010
D-sense:

Dear it's d truth i just yarn grin grin, Serious. U know ''some'' ladies will never be pleased until u frame them .So i think d lady here is just one of dem.

Ok o, whatever you say tongue
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Dsense(m): 1:30am On Oct 03, 2010
Abi now ,Since ppl have decided not to share something reasonable to comment on here,So everything is just boring.
Re: Why Do My Husband Lie So Much? by Busybody2(f): 1:48am On Oct 03, 2010
BoboYekini:

yeah, i'm gloating, cos gloating is more fun
sue me

Agbaya buruku, arindin oshi, of course, don't let me stop your fun, carry go, were dun wo loja afterall undecided

MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^^ the poster asked why her husband lies to her and she got her answer from different people on here. no need to try to talk about something that she CLEARLY doesnt wish to talk about.

Where did you see her CLEARLY protesting she does not want to discuss this, because her pictures are accompanying all her posts and the whole world can see her identity, as you are now ALLEDGING undecided SOMEONE IS CLEARLY GRASPING AT STRAWS HERE lipsrsealed

Yeah and it is because she is a nag, is the apt answer. Mrbrownjay the wise sage, has spoken, end of thread, case closed, THANK GOD MEMES CAN NOW SLEEP SOUNDLY KNOWING IT WAS HER NAGGING THAT DROVE HER DEAREST HUSBAND TO HIS LYING AND OTHER UNPALATABLE SHENANIGANS cool

MRbrownJAY:
STAY ON THE BLOODY SUBJECT!!!!

Or what schmuck, why not go burst a vein if i go off-topic then angry Besides i am still discussing matters relating to the OP so quit being a dumbo undecided Feel free to use the report to Moderators button too, will ya undecided

MRbrownJAY:

if you spent more time replying the poster rather than snooping around trying to look for "whatever" then this thread would be a few post shorter.

Lol, are we now monitoring the length of threads now undecided The height of stupidity lipsrsealed Dunno how you can offer your two cents on any serious issue without weighing all the outcome or "whatever" as you called it, without your input coming across as utter tosh undecided Someone posts saying she is pregnant and is hurting because her husband is a chronic liar and that he fights her when she queries him, and your perfect response is "she should quit nagging or continue taking the beatdown she deserves" undecided Brilliant, why not clap for yourself and give yourself a pat on the back too undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy / 10 Countries That No Longer Exist In The World / What Is My Nationality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.