Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React (22026 Views)

Protest: Regina Daniels To Those Who Attacked Her For Speaking Against Violence / Muslim Cleric Speaking Against Igbos In A Mosque with NSA in attendance / Wura Abiola Reacts To Buhari’s Posthumous Award On Her Late Father, MKO Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by eagleeye2: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2019
Just like Awo... he was the best president Nigeria never had.
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by alexola20(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2019
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 12, 2019
Westsida:
See talk! Nah the main reason the greedy ones collide against him be this

Rather, this should be a lesson to you that all the big promises made by politicians during campaign didn't start today. That fraud would have gone there to further enrich himself like our politicians always do.
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Stillthebest: 10:32am On Jun 12, 2019
Xda59:

Just like he did with ITT funds right?

He remitted ITT funds. Only took his own bargaining with the company. And as to the added Zeros, I have tried to find all the archives I am not seeing it in the domain. It remains a rumor and if it is not he played Smart in that aspect because he actually remitted the assigned fund recovery. Research pls
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 12, 2019
Some people they come from IMF, World Bank,... what do they know about Nigeria? cool grin
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Prompto: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2019
That’s a man who is bold enough to call the shot unlikebthe fool Azikwe that planned a coup n elope waiting for it success but we all know how that turn out.
Joromi12:
Same abiola of nitel and ITT Same one wey help samuel doe keep hin loot Equally corrupt
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2019
alexola20:

MKO Abiola helped IBB into power.The move that plunged Nigeria inyo this unending pains and agony.
MKO was a business man.
MKO was doing business then with the then King of Saudi.
MKO was a friend to IBB.
IBB wanted power from Buhari.But Buhari was with Tunde Idiagbon.So it won't be that easy for them to plan a coup against Buhari regime with Idiagbon.
MKO ganged up with Saudi king and invited Idiagbon for Umrah pilgrimage.
Idiagbon left for Umrah in Saudi.Before his return IBB has sacked Buhari and took over power This is how Nigeria has been in deeper s hit since the emergence of IBB helped by MKO Abiola.
Have we forgotten the ITT/Nitel thing.

Abiola was not the person to deliver Nigeria.
As a matter of fact he paid for his conny activities in Nigeria with his blood.
No one can fool God.

Thank you. That greedy mobster would have sold Nigeria off within six months. He championed the destruction of our dear Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Bbbwings: 10:39am On Jun 12, 2019
FantasticJ:

You are a bitter soul. Historian Oloriburuku.
You mumu
No be fela sing am
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by alexola20(m): 10:44am On Jun 12, 2019
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 12, 2019
Stillthebest:

He remitted ITT funds. Only took his own bargaining with the company. And as to the added Zeros, I have tried to find all the archives I am not seeing it in the domain. It remains a rumor and if it is not he played Smart in that aspect because he actually remitted the assigned fund recovery. Research pls

We all know the kind of person he was and the atrocities he committed against the good people of Nigeria besides the stolen ITT funds.
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by DeRay98(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2019
Amuocha:
When Channels was channels

MKO Abiola spoke very well.

AD, ACN, ANPP, CPC and APC are offshoot of that SDP principle. In fact the current government derived some of its initiatives from Abiola. He was a man of vision.

But useless three month old Senator Tinubu does not have anything upstairs to match this character. angry angry embarassed

I am doing a small research to see how Tinubu has plagarised Abiola's speeches and thoughts in recent memory.

How ignorant...
Same Abiola was just being a politician, he made his wealth through contracts from the military govts and sponsored or benefited from several military coup.
Having dined with the "devil" he was made to pay for his association with them for several years.
He only considered a better candidate that Bashir Tofa from the NRC that election and we all decided to ignore his antecedents.
Tunubu and lots of Nadeco members risked their lives fighting with Abacha to the point that they were targeted for assassination hence, they fled the for safety.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2019
alexola20:

1.Samuel Doe of Liberia's money.
Doe was also a friend to IBB.The money Doe stole in Liberia was kept with MKO guaranteed by IBB.
IBB also kept money he stole in Nigeria with MKO.
So all the money was kept in Simbiat Abiola's(MKO first wife) bank account.
So when suddenly Simbi died I think in 1991,IBB came to Abiola to ask for the money as some Samuel Doe's family members were also coming to IBB to give them cash saved with him by SD.MKO told IBB to go to Kola his first son with Simbi,as Kola is the only signatory to Simbi's account.
MKO could have helped but as a con man he was.He used ole gbe ole gba code(thief thief thief)mentality.This angered IBB,I think this was one of many stories that strained their friendship.
It was also rumored that MKO f ucked Maryam Babangida.

It was confirmed he fůcked IBB's wife.

1 Like

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Stillthebest: 10:58am On Jun 12, 2019
Xda59:

We all know the kind of person he was and the atrocities he committed against the good people of Nigeria besides the stolen ITT funds.

You can't please everyone with your doings. If supporting military coups were his offense, may be the overtime coupists were enemies too, either in good faith or not. As to ITT, again,there was no record anywhere that he stole funds. He was the VP ITT Africa and Middle East with HQ in the USA. Records affirmed he made his money in the USA cus he stayed mostly there after leaving Pfizer ... He invested heavily on first agric before divesting. Not saying he didn't steal in one way or the other but there is no record of it from the then Govt. And then Govt never mentioned it may be cus he's their friend I wouldn't know. But then, they would have tagged him during his campain or his trial of such it truly there was. Rumours fly faster the the lightning of a gunshot
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by djacob(m): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2019
Same thing was said about Buhari..they said he was a disciplinarian, his regime was short, he has integrity and most importantly he will go to the war front to fight Boko Haram because of his record as a military man.
I laugh when they said he hasn't stole a dime from Govt... truth is every nation is controlled by cabal who can make the country ungovernable for anyone is unfortunate Naija own is controlled by the Big Brother (western) and devilish and greedy individual.

1 Like

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Magicdon(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2019
tactius:

More like the Nigeria people.

Problem was a large segment of Nigerians...from the North, but also from the East and West...did not want to see MKO as president because Nigerians then did not understand that a democracy has winners and losers.

So they collaboed with the millitary...and we ended up with Abacha for five hard years.

One sees the same attitude today. Someone loses an election...it was rigged. Even when the facts on the ground show that it was not rigged.

Let's be honest...MKO was just as corrupt as many others were...but the lesson of June 12 is that democracy means that when you lose...try harder at the enxt election.

Like now...APC and PDP ....I don't like them. I wish we had another party win this year. But that's democracy. Most Nigerians voted for these two failed parties. I can't do anything about it...so I accept it, move on and work for another time.

Not be calling for a coup.

Olodo
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by BrokenCock: 11:20am On Jun 12, 2019
na only when person time don pass wey ona dey value something. . . mtchewwww! u better value the bastardt u guys put into power, we have less than 4 more years to get sense now
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2019
Magicdon:

Olodo

May you live long, and prosper.

Good morning
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by toprealman: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2019
I want to believe the national assembly he is referring to must be something else
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Summer7: 11:32am On Jun 12, 2019
The only business some people have is Nigeria government and there’s Political phobia without it even when they don’t have all it takes to move the nation forward.
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by gloryworld(f): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2019
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2019
hamid6249:
Yes its hard to believe then nowadays but we had sincere people back them

But Abiola was not one of them. He was also a thief. He was one of the people who put Nigeria in its present sorry state. Do your due diligence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2019
Amuocha:
When Channels was channels

MKO Abiola spoke very well.

AD, ACN, ANPP, CPC and APC are offshoot of that SDP principle. In fact the current government derived some of its initiatives from Abiola. He was a man of vision.

But useless three month old Senator Tinubu does not have anything upstairs to match this character. angry angry embarassed

I am doing a small research to see how Tinubu has plagarised Abiola's speeches and thoughts in recent memory.

you were right bro.. same Tinubu was a bag carrier behind MKO Abiola.. As at 1993, Atiku was already in the fore front of politics with Abiola whereby tinubu was a folllower.. how time flies.. this same Tinubu would be in this gathering cheering and clapping for Abiola...

1 Like

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by akdjr(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2019
Please how which site can I download ITT by Fela Anikulapo kuti.
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Paulword123(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2019
Gossipninja:
In celebration of Nigeria’s democracy day, here is an enlightening video of MKO Abiola speaking about the issues of corruption, nepotism, pacity of the NNPC, others 25 years ago.

In a video making rounds online, we noticed that those who cheered as he promised an end to tyranny & corruption are today cheering tyranny, looting & impoverishing our citizens.

MKO Abiola with full name Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, was a Nigerian Yoruba businessman, publisher, politician who ran for the presidency in 1993, for which the election results were annulled by the preceding military president Ibrahim Babangida because of allegations that they were corrupt and unfair.

Watch the video
https://twitter.com/AyoBankole/status/1138678621609103360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Source:
https://zenithnaija.com/democracy-day-video-of-mko-abiola-speaking-against-corruption-25-years-ago/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFLl2YMUAY

He was a wise fool.
Making known your major agendas to the once who are involved in the looting and illegal dealings in the current administration at that time killed him and lays him forever silent.
What a shame to thins country.
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Temple1288(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
That money they collected from Liberia hunted them down... The pioneers of Yahoo Yahoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
alexola20:

1.Samuel Doe of Liberia's money.
Doe was also a friend to IBB.The money Doe stole in Liberia was kept with MKO guaranteed by IBB.
IBB also kept money he stole in Nigeria with MKO.
So all the money was kept in Simbiat Abiola's(MKO first wife) bank account.
So when suddenly Simbi died I think in 1991,IBB came to Abiola to ask for the money as some Samuel Doe's family members were also coming to IBB to give them cash saved with him by SD.MKO told IBB to go to Kola his first son with Simbi,as Kola is the only signatory to Simbi's account.
MKO could have helped but as a con man he was.He used ole gbe ole gba code(thief thief thief)mentality.This angered IBB,I think this was one of many stories that strained their friendship.
It was also rumored that MKO f ucked Maryam Babangida.

Yes, u are among the few that knows what truly happened. Abiola was a crooked thief n it cost him his life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
If you have good intentions and you're surrounded by terrible people....Keep your intentions to yourself
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by crowdmafia: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
MKO was a sheep in wolves clothing and he was always hunted by his past, a very greedy man, pot calling kettle black., thank God he never became president, Nigeria would have been worse off cos MKO could win award for the most corrupt and hopeless individual who ever existed, if you know you know, thanks to the Abami Eda
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by xcellencia(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
tactius:

More like the Nigeria people.

Problem was a large segment of Nigerians...from the North, but also from the East and West...did not want to see MKO as president because Nigerians then did not understand that a democracy has winners and losers.

So they collaboed with the millitary...and we ended up with Abacha for five hard years.

One sees the same attitude today. Someone loses an election...it was rigged. Even when the facts on the ground show that it was not rigged.

Let's be honest...MKO was just as corrupt as many others were...but the lesson of June 12 is that democracy means that when you lose...try harder at the enxt election.

Like now...APC and PDP ....I don't like them. I wish we had another party win this year. But that's democracy. Most Nigerians voted for these two failed parties. I can't do anything about it...so I accept it, move on and work for another time.

Not be calling for a coup.

Are you now trying to blame the North? angry
Because the west cannot reject their own, the east cannot be trusted with coup, south are not core game of thrones players... So who exactly collaboed with the millitary?
Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by pbet: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nigeria will be great again

Re: June 12: MKO Abiola Speaking Against Corruption 25 Years Ago, Nigerians React by jaxxy(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
Mko was a bold and intelligent man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff, Metuh To Stop PDP Convention / Judge Awards Dino Melaye N10Million In Case Against The Nigerian Police / I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.