Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video (23227 Views)

Hausa Version Of Peter Obi's Presidential Election Campaign Jingle (Pix, Video) / This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video / MKO Abiola's Campaign Jingles For June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by Racoon(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2019
globalresource:
That jingle was so inspiring then.I remember the jingle was in the mouth of everyone, even in schools then
Nostalgic moments back then I tell you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2019
We all survived the riots that followed Thank God it showed me how truly greedy we can be or even sore losers at such a young age ...I will never forget the smells of burned rubber that filled the atmosphere

I was Five ...Five Star Travel
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by seunmsg(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2019
flowx:
Of course, each time I think about how he was robbed. My mind also goes to how he was interceptes the ship loaded with Holy Bible at Apapa and turned the whole Bible into the water. because, of his planned to Islamist Nigeria.

It’s obvious you don’t even know MKO. He contributed more to churches than to mosques. Ask people like Naptu2 and he will tell you all about MKO’s philanthropy.

The Bible sinking story was formulated by his political opponents to taint his image. It never happened. If fact, Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa (the most popular Nigerian pastor then) personally led MKO’s campaign.

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by Kiddo01(m): 10:18am On Jun 12, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]Beautiful, and one dullard will say nothing to celebrate, because he has spoiled the whole process
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by aishmuhd(f): 10:18am On Jun 12, 2019
dadavivo:
I remember this advert like it was yesterday, I was in surulere then
pls where are you now? cool
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by dadavivo: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2019
aishmuhd:
pls where are you now? cool
Aso villa
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by diala80(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2019
Diala group of company we buy and sell used sound proof generators call or visit our office 07083458179
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by femi4: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2019
seunmsg:
MKO ran a very inspiring campaign. The major focus of his campaign was farewell to poverty and almost every Nigerian keyed into his message. We’ve not seen any inspirational campaign for president since then. This particular jingle is very memorable. Thanks to Buhari for finally recognizing June 12 as Nigeria’s democracy day. The sacrifice of MKO will forever be recognized.
Not like the campaigns we have these days where the parties attack one another
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by Emaprince: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2019
I think this is the most popular campainge jingle we ever seen in Nigeria.

I was a very little boy back then, but it was always on our lips. We sing in classrooms always.

MKO MKO MKO....action
Abiloa Abiola abiola...progress.

Wonderful mehn. I was in Aba at that time.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by TheVictorious(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2019
dadavivo:
I remember this advert like it was yesterday, I was in surulere then

How was Surulere then, I grew up in Surulere, late 1990s
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by ernieboy(m): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2019
seunmsg:

MKO loomed larger than life then. Everywhere you turned to in Nigeria, the talk was all about MKO and his campaign. You see Abiola rice, Abiola milk, Abiola cloth etc. Almost every musician that released an album between 1992 and 1993 dedicated a significant amount of time in their album to praise sing MKO. Nigerians were very hopeful that at last, we have a messiah. People came out in huge numbers to vote on June 12. I have not seen that level of hope and believe in a presidential candidate since then.
it was like that during buhari's first tenure election. a lot of people were enthusiastic and hopeful that a messiah had come, chants of 'sai baba' rent the air in almost every corner, there was hope that boko haram insecurity and corruption will soon be vanquished... but few years down the line?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by seunmsg(m): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2019
ernieboy:
it was like that during buhari's first tenure election. a lot of people were enthusiastic and hopeful that a messiah had come, chants of 'sai baba' rent the air in almost every corner, there was hope that boko haram insecurity and corruption will soon be vanquished... but few years down the line?

I witnessed the two occasions and I can tell the difference. The excitement of 1993 presidential election can never be compared to 2015.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by largeman4u(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
MKO a man full of wisdom. he died a Hero
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by aycorporat(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
Racoon:
Same Buhari that was part of the then military that truncated the mandate? Same tyrannt under whose watch Nigeria have become the poverty capital of the world
Was Buhari still in the military then? He was sacked by the Babangida junta in 1985 and placed under house arrest, and was released in 1988 or there about.
The Abiola mandate was truncated in 1993 by the Babangida regime.
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by dadavivo: 1:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheVictorious:

How was Surulere then, I grew up in Surulere, late 1990s
quiet and peaceful then, not as crowded now.
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by Isoduwa(m): 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2019
diablo24:
I wanna be like this man

You wan die for Nigerian matter?
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by mascot87(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
Joromi12:
tani omoyibo Ni 1993 ile baba mi ni dopemu . Awon soldier wa sibe lati. Omodun melo ni e ni igba yen

Ni 1993 yen sir, mo ti to bi e lomo
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
mascot87:

Ni 1993 yen sir, mo ti to bi e lomo
daddy wa. E ye paro
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by TheVictorious(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
dadavivo:
quiet and peaceful then, not as crowded now.

I can imagine. Growing up was quite the same.
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by mascot87(m): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
Joromi12:
daddy wa. E ye paro

È sir, mo ti ni irun funfun nirungbon sir
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by engrelvis(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
mmb:
Hope '93

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjAVFa_F5g
provision of road,water, electricity n good road is what politician v been using to deceive us since A6AD!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by Gforce2019: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
Joromi12:
MkO was no messiah. Lets move on. We can use s thread to list his many sins. He got served big time. Ps. I be yoruba

Nyamiri spotted.
He that have no sin in your past or present hero lemme him cast the first stone.
But come to think of it, can you lose your entire family just because of injustice ? Think about it
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by hustler2828: 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
Honestly viewing this video I felt like crying. Imagine since 1993 the preaching and sermons for a better Nigeria is still ongoing. Nothing to show for it. The rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer.
And some idiots will be sprewing trash in PMB we trust,in GEJ we trust, some have OBIdiently ATIKUlated.
Still Nigeria is getting worse by the day it is a pity.
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by yemmyolatunji27: 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
Re: MKO Abiola Campaign Jingle In 1993: Throwback Video by Alejobs: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
Don't forget your mum's advice? She is speaking from a place of love and experience

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season / Faruk Yahaya Meets Olowu Of Kuta, Renews Commitment To Nation’s Security (pics) / SNM Accuses Nnamdi Kanu Of Crimes Against Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.