Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations (26614 Views)

INEC Insists APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election / Festus Okoye: Why APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election / INEC Confirms Rivers APC Won’t Participate In 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by selfmade22: 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
Prof, finally joined IPOB ~ FFK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Kingspin(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
I will prefer we celebrate 24 hours light supply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by mafmag(m): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
Professor your white hair has made you senseless sir!
your societal contribution is still shedding blood on the streets of Ikorodu

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Rossikk(m): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
Soyinka, Nigeria is not ripe for the absolute democracy you want. Take the last election. If Nigerians had been allowed to fully express their free will, they would have, out of frustration at the 'slow' pace of economic recovery, re elected PDP, the party of Diezani and other Grand Looters that plunged the country into recession and stole the nation blind. No reasonable, patriotic govt could sit by and let that happen. I even hear that Diezani was planning to return and have a party to celebrate if Buhari had lost. She and other PDP looters would have finished the country with more comprehensive looting.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Shikini: 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gforce2019:

Yoruba people will always tell e the truth irrespective of what you give to him. But my nyamiri brother , even though GeJ messed up big time, they will still say GEJ is president that Nigeria had ever gotten. All their heads nah lie full am.
Na me and you for the social media . E Ni kuure

Exactly!
Yoruba people such as these ones laughing at the Democracy day venue

Your Own brand of mumuism knows no bounds

1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by etrouble: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
baliyubla:
Celebrating Democracy, despite the sham of February Presidential elections, that made a mockery of the same democracy.

How about the total disregard for the rule of law, the Judiciary, press, citizenry and the constitution of the land?

Does the coupist even know the meaning of the word Democracy?

Take Sniper Humanicide.
Good morning Professor Soyinka.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gandollaar(f): 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gforce2019:

What do you know about politics?
Do you think we are talking about Mary Kay here?
You better keep quiet and learn before you start using your stunted fingers to be typing gibberish.

Ode Omo olosho , oloriburuku somebody
He insults because he doesn't have a superior argument. The truth must be told whether you like it or not. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Dedetwo(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
It is an act of idiocy to remotely think of celebrating democracy in Nigeria. Most Nigerians are sentimentally drunk to ethnicity. How could one assumed to have passed WASC when the said examination was canceled?
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Gandollaar(f): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gforce2019:

You can but less agree with the June 12...
Were you born then? Try and go through the history before you start typing nonsense.
Eediot animoh
Your wahala too plenty. grin
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Shikini: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
hotplate:
*My Resolution..*

*Why did buhari declare June 12 as Democracy Day?*

*1)is it because abiola died from the aftermath of June 12?*

*2) was it the first time Nigeria tried handing over from Military to Democracy?*

*3) or was it because the June 12 election was acclaimed to be more credible compared to the one in 1999?*

*You can see that the aim is more political than logical*

_©Ebose Precious_

Just to spite Obasanjo.
He even had to rename OBJ's legacy after Abiola
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by ejighikemeuwa: 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
This is the beginning of sorrows, more like the February election has been and will still unfold till truth is justified in this nation
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by opineflu(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
who gives a damn if proff doesnt care about iwo market day..
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by akinwun(m): 7:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
We were at Mivvo pac at Cotonou to buy car today, out of the blue, the white man asked us about what Nigeria is celebrating today to have declared an holiday. We all responded that it is our democracy day. Quizzically, he asked us whether Nigeria is a democratic country, we all responded "yes of course". Then he asked, is Buhari no more the president?

Buhari's reputation is well known beyond the shore of Nigeria.
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by truthstands20: 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2019
Does Buhari know anything called democracy? I really doubt. He was the man that overthrew the first democratically elected government in Nigeria. It's a big shame that Buhari is president in a Democratic dispensation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Splashme: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
chozzy:
I remember Buba Galadima challenging Buhari to swear by the
Holy Koran that he did not rig the 2019 elections.

The dullard kept mum till date

We still have upright men in Prof Soyinka

He would be struck dead on the spot if he tries it
Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by Awesome01(m): 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
martowskin1:
why are the intelligent ones against buhari, but the dumb ones always run after him

Because your so called intelligent ones have never, ever contributed anything meaningful to move this country forward except bamboozle us with big grammars and complaints.

Were they not alive all these years?. Were they not intelligent enough till this country got to this stage of hopelessness?

Note that I'm not excusing the present govt. of all these blames either. but I don't like the idea of the so called intelligent ones always complaining even when it sound senseless and idiotic.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations by JimohMomoh: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
Rossikk:
Soyinka, Nigeria is not ripe for the absolute democracy you want. Take the last election. If Nigerians had been allowed to fully express their free will, they would have, out of frustration at the 'slow' pace of economic recovery, re elected PDP, the party of Diezani and other Grand Looters that plunged the country into recession and stole the nation blind. No reasonable, patriotic govt could sit by and let that happen. I even hear that Diezani was planning to return and have a party to celebrate if Buhari had lost. She and other PDP looters would have finished the country with more comprehensive looting.

Beer parlour talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flood Alert: Relocate To Safe Grounds, Lagos Tells Residents / Aisha Buhari Promises To Take Care Of Baby Born With Exposed Heart / Dino Melaye Nollywood: "Cunning Man Die, Cunning Man Bury Am!" - APC UK Mocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.