Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time - Sports (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (95117 Views)

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 / England Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 2) On 10th Dec 2022 / Tunisia Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 1) On 30th Nov 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by hardbody: 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
merits:
Guyz do we still quality or not?cuz am totally annoyed.

We qualify as one of the best losers

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by etibaba(m): 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
Walelavender:

How do you mean? Argentina and Scotland in the same group with 1 and 0 points respectively. They both have one game each to go. Others are hopeless,mathematically! Check the group standings again
I knew exactly what i wrote, go back and see group E where Cameroon will take on New Zealand, that group will most produce a best loser if there is a 2 goal win from any side. Even 2-1 in favour of Cameroon they are through. That's why i said if Argentina or Scotland qualifies then we will likely go out.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by HolyboiAy(m): 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
The penalty retake was an injustice again Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by tfash96(m): 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
kenzysmith:
Why france coach be like who act horror film shey dem dey forbid smile 4 their family?
as in so u too noticed first Moment I saw her she's looking like Michael Jackson but u said she looks like actress in horror film OK let's conclude together and give her CELENE in UNDERWORLD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by backbone503(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
Only if that stupid ref and VAR officials know the number of thunder sent to them from Nigerians home and abroad. Anyway, thumbs up to our girls, they did their best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by kushercain: 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
yoged:
I don't know what you guys are saying. That's a clear penalty. If na Nigeria den foul, u'll be barking like a mad dog up and down. It's a clear pk. And about the retake, it's a new law, it has also occur in this tournament. Get your fact right before spewing rubbish.

Then why didn't they retake the penalty yet again. The keepers legs were still on the line afterall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Chukalemon(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
our girls played very beautiful football . but I know that at the end of the day that this white people that they are going to find a way to rob us because we are africans.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by kennyz247(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
Afam4eva:
It's called advantage in football.
so the advantage is not applicable to black countries koh ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Fredchisom(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
Behold your preacher has arrived

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by seunmsg(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
streetdisciple:
i don't think this new penalty law will work o, you can't generate enough force to dive by just remaining stagnant on the line. with this law 99.9% of penalties missed will be retaken... This people will just kill vibe in football

The rule makes no sense. Why should the goalkeeper be rooted to a spot? They could as well tell goalkeepers to leave the goal post anytime penalty is to be taken.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by shadrach77: 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
To be honest it's only a fool who would expect us to.win tonight's match. It was obvious the Falcons will concede a goal at some point cause the came.purposely to defend. The pressure was too much .You can't defend for 90 minutes. Not at this level. You will crack at some point

If the girls came unto the pitch with an attack oriented plan they would have left the match with at least one point

Let's hope.we qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by toyinjimoh(m): 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
xynerise:
The commentator tried too hard to hide her hate for Nigeria but she couldn't
very useless commentor
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by proprince(m): 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
Bleep france, Bleep the referree, Bleep var

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
Favor99:
Is this commentator that is bias towards Nigeria from SuperSport? Why would a bias commentator towards Africans be on an African sports network?

She is from south Africa. They are always angry when it comes to Nigeria. Be it football or whatever
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Greatfullheart: 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
that nigerian oyibo coach na idiot. he's making changes @ 84th minutes when nigeria conceded a fake penalty. i feel he would substituted the girl given the red earlier to prevent this lose

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by yoged(m): 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
kushercain:

Then why didn't they retake the penalty yet again. The keepers legs were still on the line afterall
that's the problem . You don't understand the new rules. "" The new rule changes say that the goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot on or in line with the goal-line.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by TSRC: 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
pmc01:
58% passing accuracy and less than 40% ball possession is not good enough from Mr. Thomas Dennerby.

He should be relieved of the job abeg.
The players are not good enough for attack against that french team.

Nigeria was playing against a team dominated by lyon players who won the champions league three times in a row.
The best team in a Europe. Attack them and get killed.

Look at that very young and pretty carrasco on the right wing. She is better than all our attackers combined.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by babsthegreat: 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
The Super falcons put up a very good performance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by micfoley: 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
I am proud of the girls. They put in a disciplined and dogged performance. They were neither overawed nor intimidated by the French team.To do that against a team they lost 0-8 to just last year is highly commendable!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by streetdisciple: 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
The ruling about retaking penalties when goalkeepers step off the line before the ball is kicked is ridiculous. If it's obvious, yes, retake the penalty. But if you have to use VAR to see it, then it's really crazy

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by bukatyne(f): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
solofresh:
Those France ladies make sense die i swear
Thanks for keeping my ticket safe though

Don't you feel like a betrayer that you are supporting the opponent to win your Team because of peanuts?

That means that while we were on this thread praying and hoping the girls win, you were happy at every chance they passed to score: you were glad when they awarded the 2nd penalty.

Just like wolves in sheep's clothing.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Greatfullheart: 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
well if nigeria had drew that game and nigeria had 4points(i.e best loser). they would have progressed to the round of 16 to face germany. and off course we know germany would humilate us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by backbone503(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
Greatdre:

Nawa oo..Even with video evidence showing our goalkeeper broke the golden rule of penalty shoot, you could still write this. It was evident that the referee took her time to explain to our goalkeeper about the rule before the 1st penalty but she still went ahead to break the rule. Pls, spare Fifa and referee, blame your goalkeeper for that blunder. Overrall, the girls tried.

And what if the first kick had gone in. would it have been retaken?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Iamgrey5(m): 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
streetdisciple:
The ruling about retaking penalties when goalkeepers step off the line before the ball is kicked is ridiculous. If it's obvious, yes, retake the penalty. But if you have to use VAR to see it, then it's really crazy
Look how tight it was

I can't believe this !

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Ayemileto(m): 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johninko:
football
is not
for
africa....(fifa)

It should be

Football isn't for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Bowaley17(m): 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
Who know that referee -!D!ot Instagram handle pls. She needs to be fed some words.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by olatade(m): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
make yahoo boys target France abeg

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by evy800(f): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
born2nyash:

Fool. The same mistake was done the second time why was it not retaken?
Why are u guys fighting against each other when we should be on the same side
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Johninko(m): 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ayemileto:

It should be

Football isn't for Africa.

tanchu... mistake
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Ayemileto(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
yoged:
I don't know what you guys are saying. That's a clear penalty. If na Nigeria den foul, u'll be barking like a mad dog up and down. It's a clear pk. And about the retake, it's a new law, it has also occur in this tournament. Get your fact right before spewing rubbish.

I don't think it's a new law, something similar happened when I was in secondary school (about 4yrs+ now) and there was a retake but the goal keeper was not shown a card.

Also, when the replay was shown again, it appears the France players leg already touched the ball.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Excuzeme: 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
9gerian:
The referee appeared to have made the best call initially but the people in the VAR room called her attention and insisted that it was a penalty. I think she was intimidated by someone who had clout from the VAR room. Vested interest surely.

For some strange reason, France had to win at all cost. Sad!

PS
If I was part of the Nigeria delegation, I would make so much official drama after this event that would ensure an inquest is initiated and a report is done with proper apologies offered for this very obvious misrepresentation.

You are righ tin EVERYTHING you said but like most Nigerians (most Black People), we seem to ALWAYS MISS THE POINT!

- Why is it that when an African team is playing, we always have an ALL-WHITE officials? Why not have a mix of say 4 Whites and 3 Africans?
- Did anyone notice that the useless referee also reduced us to ten players even before the Penalty was taken?

Now, that is me, talking like a typical "Black man". grin grin

The truth that we miss is that Africam Players have developed skills and strngth but they faill to develop BRAIN (Smartness!)
-As the game was progressing to the 70th minute, l told my frineds that they shoudl watch as these referees would MANUFACTURE a goal for France....and so it happened
- Before that goal, our players were wasting chances and just kicking the ball upfront, at no particular player.
-Even the Right side defender could not make a proper throw-in, at that level.
- Our players were so sloppy that my mates were all urging that we just switch channel and watch something worthwhile because it was so annoying.
- France did not paly fantastic at all and we should have beaten them if we had players that are SMART and had SENSE! They were just too sluggish (like their Male under-20 failures!) and unserious. Just wasting the ball all the time.

We employ all these foreign coaches who dont really add much value to our team, at exhorbotant cost and instead of them to develop the "smartness" of our players through psychological mentoring (know what to do under various cricumstances), they just try to make them play like Europeans when it is obvious they dont have the mentality, style and speed of Europeans!

I atually think we should ensure we dont take all these illiterate players to a workd cup because it appears that EDUCATION plays avital role in the sucess of players and teams or otherwise, we shoudl employ Psychologist to help them mentally.
Football is not just about Skill and Strength, you have to PLAY SMART because White people will always be racist and conspiring against black players, always.

BTW:
What and where are those bunch of Ediats who played the Male U-20 World Cup and that their Bribe-taking Coach who took a bunch of runts to the World Cup to disgrace Nigeria's image? I know they would have slipped quietly back into the country and disperse to enjoy their Dollars.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Daxxx: 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
While you are here, remember that you can work from home and earn good money.
Read my signature below...

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (41) (Reply)

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Nelson Mandela Challenge - (0 - 2) - Full Time / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 / Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.