Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (95093 Views)

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 / England Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 2) On 10th Dec 2022 / Tunisia Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 1) On 30th Nov 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by LANDLORD72: 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
xynerise:
The commentator tried too hard to hide her hate for Nigeria but she couldn't
Because they are expecting 8 zero which dey have already place their bet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by kenzysmith: 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Xblink:
We for just carry at least fine babes for there even though we no win.... Some of those girls face ehhhhh.. Naa wao...
u re very very stupid he sure me say ur sister no fine reach chukwelu nigeria number 10
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by okpukpu(m): 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
streetdisciple:
i don't think this new penalty law will work o, you can't generate enough force to dive by just remaining stagnant on the line. with this law 99.9% of penalties missed will be retaken... This people will just kill vibe in football

They know but they just want to use it against certain people. Had the game be between France and England with such incident, no one would know about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by peacengine(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
samafooo:
People with common sense will understand that all they want is Nigeria out. From the penalty to the red card to the retaking of the penalty kick

Bro sense will not kill you, it's a game plan, racism and ticket sales.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by uniquelyspecial(m): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ayemileto:

It should be

Football isn't for Africa.
Professor.... It wld be disappointing to hear you haven't bagged your Ph.D
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by mrpaedo(m): 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
12inchess:

Yinmu. Be deceiving yourself. There are many Grey areas in football and it is these Grey areas that they use to cheat us. How come AFRICAN TEAMS never benefit from all this. You cannot know oyinbo man more than me. I don relate with them wella. I know their ways.
grin grin As a black person when you start experiencing those grey areas with oyibo.It is called being "in the sunken place" .It is a terrible feeling of powerlessness.I just liked how our players maintained their cool through everything

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Fvcking pussies angry angry

Can't believe I wasted my sub to watch this shit
you should be ban on this place idiot

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Mummyimbecile(m): 11:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
Our girls tried,Am Proud of them,,,,they really played france well well,France never believed our girls will give them tough time,france no fit even score goal sef,if not for ojoro P.k wey the idiot ref give them.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by jaymee0(m): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
bukatyne:

Hubby said by hook or by crook, France won the match cry cry cry cry cry cry

Yeah that's the bitter truth.
They've won anyways.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by peacengine(m): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
HabuD:
Its understandable how Nigerians got sentimental over the match and blamed ref, VAR etc, but u have to ask urself, with the kinda defensive set up were u expecting nigeria to get a result from a highly attacking side like france. Though i was somewhat impressed by their defence, i knew deep inside that it was only a matter of time before they slipped up and allowed france to take the advantage. Even when the nigerians had the chance to take the game to france they still preferred to go back and defend! Against a highly attacking team like france that also had home advantage?
Now on the goal, fact remains that the referee was faultless. There are rules to every game, and even the goal keeper was allegedly told the rule before the penalty was taken. If both feet are off the line u receive a yellow card and the penalty is retaken- thats the FIFA rule which was explained to the goalkeeper prior to the penalty. Truth is, no matter how sentimental the ref wud have wanted to be, she just had to be neutral and take that courageous decision. And that was a cleAR penalty btw.
And moreso, i even thought the ref was actually more favourable towards nigeria on the whole. The team got it all wrong in their first match against norway which they could have easily won if they put up a good defensive display like they did against France.
Please lets put sentiments aside, that team never looked like they were in for a fight against france, and going defensive against an attacking team who also has the home advantage was suicidal. There was no way they could have lasted the whole 90mins!

See this bloody white ass liking nikkur, nah bottle for ya head go give you sense, go talk this rubbish for viewing centre, bloody idiat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by kenzysmith: 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
Banter1:
This are the two ediots commentators.

Twitter handles.

1. Danielle slaton
@daniellevslaton

2.Rae derek
@Raecomm
guy u wicked o allow the sleeping dog lie
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by ddeola: 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
FIFA is using VAR to help FIFA supported teams. Nonsense undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you should be ban on this place idiot
Were wo oo soro yen undecided

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Mummyimbecile(m): 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
Greatdre:

Nawa oo..Even with video evidence showing our goalkeeper broke the golden rule of penalty shoot, you could still write this. It was evident that the referee took her time to explain to our goalkeeper about the rule before the 1st penalty but she still went ahead to break the rule. Pls, spare Fifa and referee, blame your goalkeeper for that blunder. Overrall, the girls tried.
do you think the ref would have cancelled the goal,if the french player scored the 1st time?

Well the answer to me is No....i can assure you that they would have overlooked it and allowed the goal to stand!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
9gerian:
The referee appeared to have made the best call initially but the people in the VAR room called her attention and insisted that it was a penalty. I think she was intimidated by someone who had clout from the VAR room. Vested interest surely.

For some strange reason, France had to win at all cost. Sad!

PS
If I was part of the Nigeria delegation, I would make so much official drama after this event that would ensure an inquest is initiated and a report is done with proper apologies offered for this very obvious misrepresentation.

when will you black folks stop this victim mentality...do u guys know that football rules are updated regularly...na pple like una de fight for Nigerian league matches when result no go una team way... ojoro this ojoro that... nonsense...did we not win South Korea...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Ezyboy4real: 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
Na wao , see as this yeye fifa spoil my ticket. after I Don give 9ja 1x .......chaii
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
splendour7:
after the head-hand ball in male world cup agains argentina and now this sham of a penalty against nigeria in the female world cup,,until africans leave that world cup for the whites to play alone among them selves and focus more on our african cup of nation,,this poo will continue,,,hope that refree won't come and apologist as usual,,,
smh!
rubbish and buhari.
sharap there oga...all this cry cry mentality is shit
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Favor99(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
K00da:

She is from south Africa. They are always angry when it comes to Nigeria. Be it football or whatever
She’s a white lady from South Africa? Does she or this station discriminate against other African countries or only Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Charly68: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
I know they will lose with the way they missed their passes and played absentmindedly on the field ,I switched off my screen to avoid heart attack .
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by splendour7(m): 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
sharap there oga...all this cry cry mentality is shit
thankio dont mention!
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
pmc01:
58% passing accuracy and less than 40% ball possession is not good enough from Mr. Thomas Dennerby.

He should be relieved of the job abeg.
omagbemi was good and we have other good indigenous coaches out there like nkwocha,akide but we must use a white skin...very soon South Africa will pass us they are about to start their female league...while we can run a proper female league despite dominanting Africa yet pple are shouting ojoro everywee....wee was Spain years ago but see how developed they have become...every world cup African teams struggle to get out of the group stage we are shouting ojoro... Australia beat Brazil hands down In this world cup years ago they couldn't do such
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
shadrach77:
To be honest it's only a fool who would expect us to.win tonight's match. It was obvious the Falcons will concede a goal at some point cause the came.purposely to defend. The pressure was too much .You can't defend for 90 minutes. Not at this level. You will crack at some point

If the girls came unto the pitch with an attack oriented plan they would have left the match with at least one point

Let's hope.we qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams undecided
agreed but if the falcons had attack they would be exposed...they played the best...na the defenders wey no do well at critical moments like ebere who conceded the penalty

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by chucs: 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
This said it all! Four teams were involved but 3 was shown

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
Greatfullheart:
well if nigeria had drew that game and nigeria had 4points(i.e best loser). they would have progressed to the round of 16 to face germany. and off course we know germany would humilate us.
jisos na Germany we de face...if we make it e Don finish na

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Damfostopper(m): 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
Banter1:
This are the two ediots commentators.
Twitter handles.
1. Danielle slaton @daniellevslaton
2.Rae derek @Raecomm
Nigerians have flooded Her page lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Excuzeme:

You are righ tin EVERYTHING you said but like most Nigerians (most Black People), we seem to ALWAYS MISS THE POINT!

- Why is it that when an African team is playing, we always have an ALL-WHITE officials? Why not have a mix of say 4 Whites and 3 Africans?
- Did anyone notice that the useless referee also reduced us to ten players even before the Penalty was taken?

Now, that is me, talking like a typical "Black man". grin grin

The truth that we miss is that Africam Players have developed skills and strngth but they faill to develop BRAIN (Smartness!)
-As the game was progressing to the 70th minute, l told my frineds that they shoudl watch as these referees would MANUFACTURE a goal for France....and so it happened
- Before that goal, our players were wasting chances and just kicking the ball upfront, at no particular player.
-Even the Right side defender could not make a proper throw-in, at that level.
- Our players were so sloppy that my mates were all urging that we just switch channel and watch something worthwhile because it was so annoying.
- France did not paly fantastic at all and we should have beaten them if we had players that are SMART and had SENSE! They were just too sluggish (like their Male under-20 failures!) and unserious. Just wasting the ball all the time.

We employ all these foreign coaches who dont really add much value to our team, at exhorbotant cost and instead of them to develop the "smartness" of our players through psychological mentoring (know what to do under various cricumstances), they just try to make them play like Europeans when it is obvious they dont have the mentality, style and speed of Europeans!

I atually think we should ensure we dont take all these illiterate players to a workd cup because it appears that EDUCATION plays avital role in the sucess of players and teams or otherwise, we shoudl employ Psychologist to help them mentally.
Football is not just about Skill and Strength, you have to PLAY SMART because White people will always be racist and conspiring against black players, always.

BTW:
What and where are those bunch of Ediats who played the Male U-20 World Cup and that their Bribe-taking Coach who took a bunch of runts to the World Cup to disgrace Nigeria's image? I know they would have slipped quietly back into the country and disperse to enjoy their Dollars.
the only gud tin u type is smart the rest are rubbish...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by 1stbest(m): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
MhisTahrah:
I hate that commentator, she was so unprofessional.Who knows her Instagram handle please?
post it here when you find out. �

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Excuzeme:

You are righ tin EVERYTHING you said but like most Nigerians (most Black People), we seem to ALWAYS MISS THE POINT!

- Why is it that when an African team is playing, we always have an ALL-WHITE officials? Why not have a mix of say 4 Whites and 3 Africans?
- Did anyone notice that the useless referee also reduced us to ten players even before the Penalty was taken?

Now, that is me, talking like a typical "Black man". grin grin

The truth that we miss is that Africam Players have developed skills and strngth but they faill to develop BRAIN (Smartness!)
-As the game was progressing to the 70th minute, l told my frineds that they shoudl watch as these referees would MANUFACTURE a goal for France....and so it happened
- Before that goal, our players were wasting chances and just kicking the ball upfront, at no particular player.
-Even the Right side defender could not make a proper throw-in, at that level.
- Our players were so sloppy that my mates were all urging that we just switch channel and watch something worthwhile because it was so annoying.
- France did not paly fantastic at all and we should have beaten them if we had players that are SMART and had SENSE! They were just too sluggish (like their Male under-20 failures!) and unserious. Just wasting the ball all the time.

We employ all these foreign coaches who dont really add much value to our team, at exhorbotant cost and instead of them to develop the "smartness" of our players through psychological mentoring (know what to do under various cricumstances), they just try to make them play like Europeans when it is obvious they dont have the mentality, style and speed of Europeans!

I atually think we should ensure we dont take all these illiterate players to a workd cup because it appears that EDUCATION plays avital role in the sucess of players and teams or otherwise, we shoudl employ Psychologist to help them mentally.
Football is not just about Skill and Strength, you have to PLAY SMART because White people will always be racist and conspiring against black players, always.

BTW:
What and where are those bunch of Ediats who played the Male U-20 World Cup and that their Bribe-taking Coach who took a bunch of runts to the World Cup to disgrace Nigeria's image? I know they would have slipped quietly back into the country and disperse to enjoy their Dollars.
the only gud tin u type is smart plus how we rely on white dudes the rest are rubbish...
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by etibaba(m): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Walelavender:

Well grin Argentina and Scotland will be playing. Cameroon and New Zealand as well. One of these two games might favour us
yes
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Donwyz(m): 11:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
otokx:

You missed the FIFA rule that says no player in the 18th before the penalty is taken.

You missed the part where our player was asked to leave the field while the French player involved in the injury was allowed to remain.

Well done.
na im type fela de like sing about...always want to be smiling even in oppression
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
HabuD:
Its understandable how Nigerians got sentimental over the match and blamed ref, VAR etc, but u have to ask urself, with the kinda defensive set up were u expecting nigeria to get a result from a highly attacking side like france. Though i was somewhat impressed by their defence, i knew deep inside that it was only a matter of time before they slipped up and allowed france to take the advantage. Even when the nigerians had the chance to take the game to france they still preferred to go back and defend! Against a highly attacking team like france that also had home advantage?
Now on the goal, fact remains that the referee was faultless. There are rules to every game, and even the goal keeper was allegedly told the rule before the penalty was taken. If both feet are off the line u receive a yellow card and the penalty is retaken- thats the FIFA rule which was explained to the goalkeeper prior to the penalty. Truth is, no matter how sentimental the ref wud have wanted to be, she just had to be neutral and take that courageous decision. And that was a cleAR penalty btw.
And moreso, i even thought the ref was actually more favourable towards nigeria on the whole. The team got it all wrong in their first match against norway which they could have easily won if they put up a good defensive display like they did against France.
Please lets put sentiments aside, that team never looked like they were in for a fight against france, and going defensive against an attacking team who also has the home advantage was suicidal. There was no way they could have lasted the whole 90mins!
the only sensible comment I have read here...we really had no other plan then defending even if we would defend how about using the pace of our front guys oshola,ordega and oparanozie..
dennerby again showed foreign coaches are overrated...ngozi ebere had a yellow card from ist half and was always on the back foot a good coach would remove her for a fresh leg...if we were much discipline like this against Norway maybe we would have qualified and not wait for permutations now...for those crying ojoro continue
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by dominique(f): 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
bukatyne:

That goal was robbery sha.

If they scored on normal levels, no lele

Abi? They outplayed us in all angles and created lots of scoring chances. If they had scored out of all the chances created, we wouldn't have been this upset.

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Nelson Mandela Challenge - (0 - 2) - Full Time / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 / Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.