Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:01 AM

Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time - Sports (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (96843 Views)

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 / England Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 2) On 10th Dec 2022 / Tunisia Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 1) On 30th Nov 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Still wrong...it's ur own idea of encroachment... Don't forget that it's not a new rule cause most times, it doesn't affect play... But there's nothing like who entered the box first... The match against Ukraine in the under 20 ,played out this same scenario ,but u guys didn't complain cause it favoured Nigeria...that's y I said Nigerians are too sentimental and that's y nothing works in Nigeria

There is no sentiment about the encroachment. If you and FIFA are bent on using VAR to uncover hidden offences, why not be judicious about it?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by ibibiogrl: 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Y are u guys so sentimental... How did they connive?? It was a clear penalty tho it was not intentional... The penalty in the CL final was not intentional as well but that doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty... The second penalty stood cos the French players were not the ones that encroached... A Nigerian player also entered the box ...

OGHENAOGIE:
when will you black folks stop this victim mentality...do u guys know that football rules are updated regularly...na pple like una de fight for Nigerian league matches when result no go una team way... ojoro this ojoro that... nonsense...did we not win South Korea...

HabuD:
Its understandable how Nigerians got sentimental over the match and blamed ref, VAR etc, but u have to ask urself, with the kinda defensive set up were u expecting nigeria to get a result from a highly attacking side like france. Though i was somewhat impressed by their defence, i knew deep inside that it was only a matter of time before they slipped up and allowed france to take the advantage. Even when the nigerians had the chance to take the game to france they still preferred to go back and defend! Against a highly attacking team like france that also had home advantage?
Now on the goal, fact remains that the referee was faultless. There are rules to every game, and even the goal keeper was allegedly told the rule before the penalty was taken. If both feet are off the line u receive a yellow card and the penalty is retaken- thats the FIFA rule which was explained to the goalkeeper prior to the penalty. Truth is, no matter how sentimental the ref wud have wanted to be, she just had to be neutral and take that courageous decision. And that was a cleAR penalty btw.
And moreso, i even thought the ref was actually more favourable towards nigeria on the whole. The team got it all wrong in their first match against norway which they could have easily won if they put up a good defensive display like they did against France.
Please lets put sentiments aside, that team never looked like they were in for a fight against france, and going defensive against an attacking team who also has the home advantage was suicidal. There was no way they could have lasted the whole 90mins!
yoged:
I don't know what you guys are saying. That's a clear penalty. If na Nigeria den foul, u'll be barking like a mad dog up and down. It's a clear pk. And about the retake, it's a new law, it has also occur in this tournament. Get your fact right before spewing rubbish.
angry even the french undecided themselves are saying it was cheating from the penalty calls undecidedInfact the Whole World are calling it the MOST Rigged MATCH EVER! Watch the FIFA highlight on Youtube by clicking on the link on the bottom of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSbih-N_AI&fbclid=IwAR2WN4TWM5uWKeQlxMpEGdrrSM9AoXvd8D3jvehbw5aB018mo6Az8RLZkLk
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
ibibiogrl:

angry even the french undecided themselves are saying it was cheating from the penalty calls undecidedInfact the Whole World are calling it the MOST Rigged MATCH EVER! Watch the FIFA highlight on Youtube by clicking on the link on the bottom of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSbih-N_AI&fbclid=IwAR2WN4TWM5uWKeQlxMpEGdrrSM9AoXvd8D3jvehbw5aB018mo6Az8RLZkLk
go and sleep abeg...against Ukraine for under 20 Var and that rule favor us...there is nothing like rigg here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
SCOTLAND 3-3 ARGENTINA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2019
And more complaints about the referee, VAR and retaken penalties in the Scotland vs Argentian game, which reminds me of my earlier comment.

naptu2:
grin

I predicted that this would happen. I said it at the end of May.

This World Cup reminds me of USA '94. The best 3rd placed teams also progressed to the knockout stage at USA '94, but more importantly, there were also rule changes ahead of USA '94.

Marco Van Basten was one of my favourite strikers in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He scored great goals for AC Milan and Holland and he won the 1989 and 1990 European Cup titles with Milan.

However, Italian football had the hardest tackling defenders back then and their tackles took a toll on Van Basten. He repeatedly suffered ankle injuries. Then, in the final of the 1993 European Cup/Champions League, Basile Boli made a viscious tackle on Van Basten and that tackle practically ended his career.

FIFA were unhappy that Van Basten would not play in the 1994 World Cup and they therefore banned tackles from behind (just before the World Cup). Any tackle from behind would result in a red card.

Backpasses were also banned (because of Cameroon's habit of constantly passing the ball to their goalkeeper at the 1990 World Cup).

These rules were implemented at the 1994 World Cup and these led to many complaints. A British magazine at the time wrote that the referee was blowing his whistle as if he was a traffic cop. A commentator said that a referee gave someone a yellow card simply for breathing.

Commentators, footballers, coaches and analysts complained about the referee's decisions.

The problem I had when I heard about these new rules at the end of May was that FIFA was going to start implementing the rules at the World Cup!

I've always wondered why FIFA and IFAB always introduce these rules just before a World Cup competition. The World Cup is meant to be the most important football competition and there's a lot at stake. Why don't they first try out these new rules during league games, so that referees, players, coaches, fans, commentators and analysts will get used to them before introducing them at the highest level of the game?

By the way, for those saying that it's only Nigerians that are complaining, either because they are biased or sentimental, note that it's not only Nigerians that are complaining. Many foreigners are also complaining and this is because a new rule has just been implemented at the highest level of the game. There are always complaints from all over the world when this happens.

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
grin grin grin

I just watched an incredible video.

It was a video of the Super Falcons' hotel during the game between Scotland and Argentina.

The tension was insane! Desire Oparanozie lost her voice. They all ran out of their rooms when the referee ordered that Argentina should re-take their penalty. Everybody ran out, including Thomas Dennerby.

You would have thought that it was Nigeria that scored. Rasheedat Ajibade, Oshoala, Onome Ebi, Francisca Ordega, etc were all in the hallway singing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
they qualified already
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by semid4lyfe(m): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
naptu2:
grin grin grin

It was a video of the Super Falcons' hotel during the game between Scotland and Argentina.

The tension was insane! Desire Oparanozie lost her voice. They all ran out of their rooms when the referee ordered that Argentina should re-take their penalty. Everybody ran out, including Thomas Dennerby.

You would have thought that it was Nigeria that scored. Rasheedat Ajibade, Oshoala, Onome Ebi, Francisca Ordega, etc were all in the hallway singing.

Seen the video too. It was bonkers!

Make a thread out of the video. It'll be good for the homepage.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by nuban07(m): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
Pls upload the video. I think the gals ve a great chance of qualifying now after tomorrow games
naptu2:
grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by semid4lyfe(m): 12:14am On Jun 20, 2019
nuban07:
Pls upload the video. I think the gals ve a great chance of qualifying now after tomorrow games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtg7UYKtzdQ
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Dedetwo(m): 12:19am On Jun 20, 2019
naptu2:
grin grin grin

It does not mean a damn thing when these women cannot string up two accurate passes to save their lives.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Favor99(m): 10:28am On Jun 20, 2019
K00da:

Hope u no too ves 4 d lady.

She very passionate about football and fun to watch n listen to. You will like her if u watch her do her thing.
Her name is Carol. She is my favorite of all supersport female presenter
Lol nah I won’t vex her. I’m a Christian, I don’t go that route grin
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2019
semid4lyfe:

Seen the video too. It was bonkers!

Make a thread out of the video. It'll be good for the homepage.

I'm having problems downloading it.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
2 OUT OF 3 permutations favored NIGERIA advancing to the 2nd Round after FRANCE'S VAR VICTORY: CAMEROUN v NEW ZEALAND DRAW OR (1:0) VICTORY FOR NEW ZEALAND, SCOTLAND v ARGENTINA DRAW, OR CHILE v THAILAND ENDING DRAW OR AT MOST A TWO-GOAL MARGIN VICTORY FOR CHILE.

LUCKILY, ONE OUT OF THREE HAS BEEN REALISED (SCOTLAND v ARGENTINA).

COMPLEXITIES INCLUDE
A) 1:0 VICTORY FOR THE CAMEROUNIANS WITH LESS THAN 1 RED CARD AND LESS THAN THREE YELLOW CARDS ISSUED AGAINST CAMEROUN(THAT EQUATES TO CAMEROUN QUALIFYING AND NIGERIA'S ELIMINATION PENDING OUTCOME OF CHILE v THAILAND BECAUSE CARD OFFENCES WILL BE USED TO SEPARATE THE TEAMS AS CAMEROUN CURRENTLY HAS 5 YELLOW CARDS WHILE NIGERIA HAS 7 YELLOW CARDS WITH ONE DOUBLED AS A RED).

B) A 2:1 VICTORY FOR NEW ZEALAND WITH LESS THAN 8 YELLOW CARDS AWARDED AGAINST THE NEW ZEALANDERS(EQUATES TO NEW ZEALAND QUALIFYING AND NIGERIA'S ELIMINATION PENDING OUTCOME OF CHILE v THAILAND BECAUSE CARD OFFENCES WILL BE USED TO SEPARATE THE TEAMS AS NEW ZEALAND CURRENTLY HAS ZERO YELLOW CARDS WHILE NIGERIA HAS 7 YELLOW CARDS WITH ONE DOUBLED AS A RED).
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by ibibiogrl: 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
go and sleep abeg...against Ukraine for under 20 Var and that rule favor us...there is nothing like rigg here
Which Rule is that the penalty retake rule was just made this year undecided Even the french themselves are saying the Match was Rigged & embrasssing for them sad Here are few top comments on the FIFA video, Notice they're not Nigerians�� but other Europeans & french��Even on "The Man of Match video, All are saying it was the Ref that scored grin

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
ibibiogrl:

Which Rule is that the penalty retake rule was just made this year undecided Even the french themselves are saying the Match was Rigged & embrasssing for them sad Here are few top comments on the FIFA video, Notice they're not Nigerians�� but other Europeans & french��Even on "The Man of Match video, All are saying it was the Ref that scored grin
man shut up...and sleep...u and dos guys opinion is useless
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by ibibiogrl: 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
man shut up...and sleep...u and dos guys opinion is useless
angry U should Be Silence forever! and NEVER speak again when it comes to this tournament lipsrsealed Your own opinion is Baseless & Most Embarrassing undecided Padlock your mouth and eyes tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nigeria has to wait for Chile v Thailand as Cameroun has Qualified.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Mizwisdom(f): 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
Zech68:
Nigeria has to wait for Chile v Thailand as Cameroun has Qualified.

We're not waiting for anything cause Thailand is a useless team, we're out. I'm just glad Cameroon qualified instead of New Zealand
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by AAA593: 7:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Mizwisdom:

We're not waiting for anything cause Thailand is a useless team, we're out. I'm just glad Cameroon qualified instead of New Zealand
Chile team is very bad too. Just good goal keeper for chile
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by naptu2: 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
Ny dream has come true. 2 African teams have qualified for the next round and they are Nigeria and Cameroon.

That's exactly what I hoped for at the beginning of the World Cup and it has happened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
Favor99:

Lol nah I won’t vex her. I’m a Christian, I don’t go that route grin

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by seguno2: 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Daeylar:
Commentator against us, referee against us.

Na wa undecided

Stupid goal.

I thought that wailing was limited to politics. I guess that I was wrong. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by HabuD: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
HabuD:
Its understandable how Nigerians got sentimental over the match and blamed ref, VAR etc, but u have to ask urself, with the kinda defensive set up were u expecting nigeria to get a result from a highly attacking side like france. Though i was somewhat impressed by their defence, i knew deep inside that it was only a matter of time before they slipped up and allowed france to take the advantage. Even when the nigerians had the chance to take the game to france they still preferred to go back and defend! Against a highly attacking team like france that also had home advantage?
Now on the goal, fact remains that the referee was faultless. There are rules to every game, and even the goal keeper was allegedly told the rule before the penalty was taken. If both feet are off the line u receive a yellow card and the penalty is retaken- thats the FIFA rule which was explained to the goalkeeper prior to the penalty. Truth is, no matter how sentimental the ref wud have wanted to be, she just had to be neutral and take that courageous decision. And that was a cleAR penalty btw.
And moreso, i even thought the ref was actually more favourable towards nigeria on the whole. The team got it all wrong in their first match against norway which they could have easily won if they put up a good defensive display like they did against France.
Please lets put sentiments aside, that team never looked like they were in for a fight against france, and going defensive against an attacking team who also has the home advantage was suicidal. There was no way they could have lasted the whole 90mins!
Where are all those that were criticizing me when i said Nigeria played nonsense against France. You've now seen it against Germany. Thy're using same tactics they used against France against Germany, and just watch how disastrous the match will end against the falcons. You cant play defensive against a sound attacking team without having a sound counter attacking system. People just get unnecessarily sentimental when it comes to Nigeria. But i can tell you this is one of the worst falcons team i've ever seen. Do they think just going totally defensive without a good counter attacking mechanism would win them a match?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by paulgabrielz: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
07012849091 cc:bluecurtain
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by paulgabrielz: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2019
bro I don't mean to be a pushover. but u fit fund me any amount. .2219336.paulgabriellz. cc:ovenbake
Re: Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time by paulgabrielz: 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2019
cc:ovenbake

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected / Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 / Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.