Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC (25109 Views)

Lekki: Fashola Illegally Tampered With Exhibits - Ebun Adegboruwa, SAN / EFCC And ICPC Stripped Of Powers To Seize Assets In Corruption Cases / School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Okuda(m): 6:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
emmyt2:
OBJ ,,TRY TO BE AN ELDER STATESMAN..

how does an elder stateman act exactly? is he not doing exactly that?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Oshin56(m): 6:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
Danwakae:

How is he a liar ....For the establishment of ICPC and EFFC, he must be commended for that, also the Oputa Panel...Baba Buhari needs such panel presently to fast track the the countless corruption cases...

I was told that The SOUTHWESTERNERS are more respectful than we NORTHERNERS, but since started involving in social media I haven't seen such, but in reality that can't be said.

Despite some loops hole in Baba Buhari first term in office even with the killings in the north, u hardly see a northerner insulting Baba Buhari not even the opposition PDP, but u southerners mostly the EASTERNERS abuse our leaders any how as if they are kids.

The holy QU'RAN made us understand that in times of trial and maybe wrong doings we should respect and pray for our leaders and also in christianity via one of the pastor I respect so much, Baba Kumuyi said it is also wrong to insult or destructively criticize out leaders. According to scientist , as human cross the octogenarian stage , they starts losing there senses, I they r not wrong, that's why in the north we respect them irregardless of the knowledge we the today's children now have...

Despite the facts that Baba OBJ could have sinned against Nigeria in general, but I observed that most of the insults on him is mainly from the southwest including your leaders, WHAT'S THE HIS ISSUE WITH YOU PEOPLE

AS AN EX-BOY, WE WARE MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT Baba OBJ is the last 5stars general alive and a battalion officer. U hardly see a Gneral in battalion let alone 5star....that's Why no matter what even Baba Buhari hardly reply him despite his public destructive criticism of his govt. The respect is still there as his senior and Baba Buhari worked in S andT, that r always under the control of battalion.

Baba OBASANJO has made more leaders in the north and south, south and south east than any of our leaders, including the number one in today politics Gov. Nasr El-Rufai, tho, in southwest Baba BAT has made more leaders than him, which I guess u most be one under his tutelage, but that doesn't warrant insult if u don't want your younger once to insult u in ur old age like Baba OBJ as we are all prone to mistake...

BRO STOP IT.

Bros they will not reason with you.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by lmm4real: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
kenzosky:
Obasanjo is the most disgusting thing that happened to Nigeria.

God Bless You. Sometimes I just wonder who even told this Man any one was listening to his rubbish opinions.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Bizibi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
Is that news
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by OKOOMOGE: 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
OBJ is Bitter. Buhari has dealt him a serious blow. He OBJ failed to realise PMB isn't GEJ.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Naijatask: 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
azuson:
ICPC and EFCC should be scrabbed, government should empower police to do their functions

In as much as I hate insulting people, you're a fool and a stupid idiot. As if you don't know the police you're talking about is not corrupt
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Gidjay: 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
How did this shameless man got mouth. You are alleging someone as corrupt whereas, you are the defending champion of corruption. Your statement about established this. You said ATIKU stolen money while he was serving as ur vp and you still tips and support him to win 2019 election so that operation thief can come on board. you lack every moral rights to castigate anyone. obj feeemm
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Michaelisael06: 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
let me say, what he said is right mayb its just came out from the wrong mouth.
EFCC especially has been corrupted they aint independent anymore which is bad
how wil some set wil be persecuted and the other set wil be flourishing in corruption in the same country that belong to al of us.
let me take a case study. Efcc vs nairamaley and Efcc vs senator Goje
we all know the story of nairamaley and mayb few or many wil knw the story of Goje
Goje had a case wit efcc 8years ago, a case of 6.41Billion.
Imagine 4 the past 8years a case of a genuie thief, stil pending. and d man is lavishly enjoying his life with masses wealth
just last week a case of 8years got justice. a fair justice indeed in which efcc practicaly went 2 court 2 withdraw Goje case on the order of the our eva corruption fighter GCFR pa Barbatov.
where is nairamaley today
since efcc has been retrieving and declaring those G guys loot hav not heard billions from individual acct
ask
obanikoro
goje
asiwaju(bullion van) saga
they are al APC member
tanx
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by movingclouds(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
Oshin56:
Bros they will not reason with you.
Come to the west, you'll see we're the most disrespectful people in this country... Hiding behind prostrates... I see young people disrespect elders very often here...
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by demoBaba: 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
Las las OBJ go dey all right
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by paully005(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
kenzosky:
pls use another worse English or yoruba 4 dat useless oloriburuku man
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by paully005(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
Adeyinka123:
Liar! Agbaya!
pls use igbo or English words with very powerful mean fr that useless ewu agba oponu ayerada useless baba
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by paully005(m): 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
Abiola painment

We all know why you set up those two institutions to intimidate the politicians that weren't going to support your third term bid.

For a man that didn't have a dime coming out of prison before office to own a private university after office shouldn't be talking about corruption.

For a man that labelled election a do or die affair while installing his candidates in states shouldn't be talking about democracy.

The man you accusing isn't perfect either but please have some moral shame
God bless u
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by paully005(m): 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
festacman:
Nobody has abused EFCC and ICPC more than Obasanjo himself when he was president. Even his 'new' friend Abubakar Atiku was a victim of this abuse.

The truth is that Chief Obasanjo is not a happy man at present. Apart from the results of presidential elections not going as he had anticipated, his May 29 Democratic Day has been taken away and given to a man he hates, MKO Abiola. In addition, the national stadium he built with inflated sum has also been named after the same enemy. Now, there is no assurance that EFFC and ICPC may not be amended to bear new names.
useless man use 16bill dollars 4 power we no see..16bill fr mosquito net me I no see...his now talking
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by vicdon(m): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
kenzosky:

You dinnur have sense at all at all.... And you wantu grow old.. .
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Goke7: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
Danwakae:

How is he a liar ....For the establishment of ICPC and EFFC, he must be commended for that, also the Oputa Panel...Baba Buhari needs such panel presently to fast track the the countless corruption cases...

I was told that The SOUTHWESTERNERS are more respectful than we NORTHERNERS, but since started involving in social media I haven't seen such, but in reality that can't be said.

Despite some loops hole in Baba Buhari first term in office even with the killings in the north, u hardly see a northerner insulting Baba Buhari not even the opposition PDP, but u southerners mostly the EASTERNERS abuse our leaders any how as if they are kids.

The holy QU'RAN made us understand that in times of trial and maybe wrong doings we should respect and pray for our leaders and also in christianity via one of the pastor I respect so much, Baba Kumuyi said it is also wrong to insult or destructively criticize out leaders. According to scientist , as human cross the octogenarian stage , they starts losing there senses, I they r not wrong, that's why in the north we respect them irregardless of the knowledge we the today's children now have...

Despite the facts that Baba OBJ could have sinned against Nigeria in general, but I observed that most of the insults on him is mainly from the southwest including your leaders, WHAT'S THE HIS ISSUE WITH YOU PEOPLE

AS AN EX-BOY, WE WARE MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT Baba OBJ is the last 5stars general alive and a battalion officer. U hardly see a Gneral in battalion let alone 5star....that's Why no matter what even Baba Buhari hardly reply him despite his public destructive criticism of his govt. The respect is still there as his senior and Baba Buhari worked in S andT, that r always under the control of battalion.

Baba OBASANJO has made more leaders in the north and south, south and south east than any of our leaders, including the number one in today politics Gov. Nasr El-Rufai, tho, in southwest Baba BAT has made more leaders than him, which I guess u most be one under his tutelage, but that doesn't warrant insult if u don't want your younger once to insult u in ur old age like Baba OBJ as we are all prone to mistake...

BRO STOP IT.

if you must know, the major grouse most south westerners have against baba is not recognizing June 12 and his fellow egba man MKO Abiola, it's a shame that it is a Fulani man PMB that has done so, even GEJ [credit to him I must admit] tried to immortalize MKO by trying to rename Unilag, Even if PMB and GEJ did it for political reasons but what did Baba Obj do? He actually made May 29 democracy day to actually spite June 12.

Baba Obj's problem is that everything must and should revolve around him, are you aware he actually gave bakassi away to feel like a hero to target the nobel peace prize award?

Most yorubas actually revere him as an elder but hate his egoistic ways which in most cases don't align with Yorubas' national interests. The man is simply crying foul today simply because he no longer enjoy the record of being the only past military ruler with also two terms as an elected civilian President. He pretended to forgive Atiku and supported his campaign to keep that record alone.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by michoim(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
Wailer-OBJ
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Boss13: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
kenzosky:

We have the natural tendencies as Nigerians to hate our leaders and that’s understandable given the wide spread of poverty and income inequality in the country. However, Obasanjo is one president that made remarkable changes within the 8 years he was president. I am yet to see any Nigerian President that has conceived and implemented policies like Obasanjo.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by charlesdiamond(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2019
my brother there are some words one need not to say or speak one of such is you calling baba Obj disgusting.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by adekolaelect(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2019
AnanseK:

Rubbish. Nuhu Ribadu and Farida Waziri can testify how they were used by Obasanjo, the modern father of corruption.
thank you Tafa Balogun too .I don't know why PDP always make noise of human right violation this time while they were the most who violated peoples right them I could still remember how Oyinlola of osun state used SAS as a tools of fighting opositions then .
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Automatic3444(m): 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
festacman:
Nobody has abused EFCC and ICPC more than Obasanjo himself when he was president. Even his 'new' friend Abubakar Atiku was a victim of this abuse.

The truth is that Chief Obasanjo is not a happy man at present. Apart from the results of presidential elections not going as he had anticipated, his May 29 Democratic Day has been taken away and given to a man he hates, MKO Abiola. In addition, the national stadium he built with inflated sum has also been named after the same enemy. Now, there is no assurance that EFFC and ICPC may not be amended to bear new names.

True talk.OBJ is a secret man
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by reuben79: 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
AnanseK:

Rubbish. Nuhu Ribadu and Farida Waziri can testify how they were used by Obasanjo, the modern father of corruption.
come to ur sense,tell me how person obj fight as opposition party? he only fought his kinsmen
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by scopeboie(m): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
try to understand what he is saying
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Danwakae(m): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
Goke7:
if you must know, the major grouse most south westerners have against baba is not recognizing June 12 and his fellow egba man MKO Abiola, it's a shame that it is a Fulani man PMB that has done so, even GEJ [credit to him I must admit] tried to immortalize MKO by trying to rename Unilag, Even if PMB and GEJ did it for political reasons but what did Baba Obj do? He actually made May 29 democracy day to actually spite June 12.

Baba Obj's problem is that everything must and should revolve around him, are you aware he actually gave bakassi away to feel like a hero to target the nobel peace prize award?

Most yorubas actually revere him as an elder but hate his egoistic ways which in most cases don't align with Yorubas' national interests. The man is simply crying foul today simply because he no longer enjoy the record of being the only past military ruler with also two terms as an elected civilian President. He pretended to forgive Atiku and supported his campaign to keep that record alone.

I can see that the only issue u have raised now is the issue of JUNE 12.

Let me also inform u that I'm from the Northeast, and during the MKO Abiola(R.I.P Baba) June 12 issue , I was in NMS, and still knowledgeable to know the real deal that were all planned mainly in the barracks...if u know of any military personnel that ve knowledge on it and was on service then meet him to tell your the truth and not the political truth u usually here from different people to hide themselves from their wicked role played against the late Philanthropist.

To cut the story short, THE SOUTHWESTERNERS of whom some presently are claiming to be friend of the late Baba MKO, were part of those who sold him out all in the name of politics. Infact they served as informant s.

Baba OBJ, Baba Gen. O. Diya(rtd)... Shouldn't be blame at all, they suffered alot too, and was so unfortunate that same people that killed Late Baba MKO were the ones who helped OBJ out of prison and made him the president in other for them to have a safe landing, and on Baba OBJ's part , he tried to investigate these people via the Baba Late Justice Baba Oputa panel but face stive opposition from same people who via military and NAS wanted to remove Baba OBJ, he had to allow it die like that, because he cannot bite the finger that fed him.

To be frank, Baba OBJ brought Justice and sanity to Nigeria, mostly the military which was divided across various lines after the June 12 saga. They brought him to bring peace as he first did as the military head of state, when they were serious face off btw the Igbos and Northerns military officers on leadership tussle that lead to the death of Late Gen. Ironsi from the East and others from the North, as such, Gen OBJ as a neutral man then was brought by the military council to bring sanity, Justice and peace, which he did and handed over to Late Baba Shagari... as such same people that killed Late MKO Abiola went to bring Baba OBJ to come do thesame and supported him against the SOUTHWESTERNERS choice, Baba Olufalae.

No doubt baba OBJ didn't work for the interest of the southwest but for Nigeria in general, and personally, there is NO president that would say he worked for his region including Baba Buhari, and it's not possible as a president of a Nation not a region, former GEJ could not fix the road to his house in his town, not because he cannot release the money or he cannot use his personal money to do it, but most people wont understand until they get there. Even Baba Tinubu that seems to be saying he would fight for the Yoruba interest if given the opportunity of OBJ cannot do it, I understand that it's politics. Even Kastina state has produced the president twice cannot be compare to Kaduna or Adamawa that has never for once...

Baba OBJ reform on the Armed forces really help the southerners mostly the SOUTHEASTERNERS that had never produce a general after the death of Late Gen. Ironsi, we have many senior Genearals from the south mostly from the Southwest and even the police but just that Baba Buhari didn't not trust them if not before the fmr IGP and presently IGP, the most Senior is from the south west. He sanitize the military recruitment process by scrapping bazawa and also shared cadets slots to be by states normination to involve all state including the fct in the system.

He brought the GSM we r presently using now, of which lower countries were using before he came and people like Gen. David Mark(rtd) former SP , said phone wasn't meant for poor people even while market women were already using it in Togo then.

Before he came, when u go to NITEL office to pay subscription sometimes u meet them sleeping or give u some clumpsy excuses when they are being lazy to respond and nothing u could do cos they have people I. Govt, even while they collect full money salaries, and when OBJ came, he privatised Telecom sector and today we have MTN, Glo, Airtel...been monitor by govt. NCC, also in the Avaiation , infacts most govt. Officer flew for free then including junior military officer via coupon, but today it's a different story, let them go and fly AzmanLine for free.

Also, presently there are common modern innovation in most smaller African countries that Nigeria is lacking that could help us fight against Boko haram, power sector...but govt. is not looking that angle again, but Baba OBJ was able to launched the SAT1, NIGCOMSAT dat was poorly managed by subsequent govt. and this is one angle that govt. could use to monitor and defeat Boko Haram, I remember the his brave act when he came to Adamawa to dialogue with one of Boko Haram senior member for them to drop there arms as a US, UK, BELARUS, VIETNAM... trained battalion officer before the guy was killed, he knew them just like some of our leaders in north that had once used them politically, he caused troubles in their camps via military tactics and they started fighting themselves which was oneoof the reason that eventually led to the splitting of Shekau' group, where Habeeb(Albanawi) group was formed and because GEJ refused to work with Baba OBJ, it affected his govt. and couldn't check the Albanawi's group but with serious effensive at the Shakau group in soutbern Bornu before the 2015 that add to the neutralization of Shakau strength, despite Baba OBJ's warnings and that Habeeb that OBJ could have talk to personally to drop arms and would gladly listen , is the one killing our people and soldiers northern Bornu, which is a no go area presently... But may prayer is that Allah, the most beneficient should bring Baba Buhari and Baba OBJ together to form a good front and defeat these enemies killing our people and soldiers almost on a daily basis...Amin.

From the NATIONAL angle, Baba OBJ has done alots and deserve better, because his good deeds supercede the bad part of him. Tho, because Late MKO Abiola is not alive many betrayal from SW and nigeria at large will claim to have worked for him.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Oshin56(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
movingclouds:

Come to the west, you'll see we're the most disrespectful people in this country... Hiding behind prostrates... I see young people disrespect elders very often here...
I'm also from the West but eni ti oba ni agba ni Ile yio bowo fun agba I believe you can decide it
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by ThatFairGuy: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gather here if you know obj is just in SEVERE PAIN because MKO Abiola's honour came from Buhari grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by xperiencelove(m): 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
Abiola painment

We all know why you set up those two institutions to intimidate the politicians that weren't going to support your third term bid.

For a man that didn't have a dime coming out of prison before office to own a private university after office shouldn't be talking about corruption.

For a man that labelled election a do or die affair while installing his candidates in states shouldn't be talking about democracy.

The man you accusing isn't perfect either but please have some moral shame
No no no, I don't agree with your second paragraph.
He has #20,000 the day he was picked out of prison and #20,000 of 1999 can build 3 different universities successful. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by rexwalters: 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
Luciferlove:
Baba.... The elders statesman!!! I love this man
Rule number one,a man should not tell his own story,Obasanjo is a Very Big Fool,it is true he started EFCC and ICPC for his 3rd term agenda,useless Goat.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by Legendguru: 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
lol
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC by zoghys: 10:22am On Jun 13, 2019
How unfortunate that this baba, who took billions of dollars from our common wealth can accuse someone of corruption. A case of kettle calling pot black.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo Celebrates New Year With Children (Photos) / Rashidi Ladoja: There Is Nothing Wrong With A Muslim-muslim Ticket / I Will Work With President-Elect, Tinubu – Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.