Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

My Salesboy Is Eating My Money - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Salesboy Is Eating My Money (17905 Views)

How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Jason Njoku: "My Children Won't Inherit My Money" - Iroko TV Boss Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Slimsly100(f): 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2019
[quote author=biacan post=79288736]Go get your younger ones to come manage the place for you[/quotequote

You don spoil everything.
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Jefferyhi86(m): 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
It's always like dat, abeg employ me
poksmahn:
I recently started a business about two weeks ago and because of my schedule, i hired someone to manage it for me. Can't be at two places at once. So, I hired a lanky teenager that radiates humility and zeal for the job and since the business started, I have not been hitting the desired target. I was getting frustrated already but i kept consoling myself that maybe the word has not yet gone around about the business.

So yesterday, i decided to spend a whole day at the business and lo and behold, I made a lot of money that day. Obviously, the boy was eating my money. I have no problems with my staff taking money out for lunch but this guy was slashing my money by half. Imagine the greed! And I pay him above minimum wage and told him to take Sundays off. But the guy comes to work on Sundays and works till late. AT first, I was happy with his work ethic but now, i realize that this guy is working for his own half.

And he swore with his life that he's not eating my money. The next course of action is to fire him but how can i prevent this embezzlement from going on with the next guy I hire? The nature of business is a game lounge. I'll be grateful for any advice I can get here.
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Deepfeel(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
Kendumazy:
Don't sack him. Someone once had this kind of problem. Here is what's done.

Stay there for a month. Keep record of every daily sales and let him be aware and let him know the total sales at the close of work every blessed day.

Let your experience during this one month in terms of sales be your determinant in knowing how much you gonna ask him deliver to you every week. Be considerate in this so that he doesn't run like someone said.

At the end of the month. Sit him down like a brother and discuss with him your new terms which are weekly delivery, no salary and he covers every expenses.

That way, you have peace of mind. It's win - win.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-quality-8gb-atm
I agree with the weekly delivery no salary strategy, if he fails to deliver his indebted
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
Acidosis:

It cost a lot to install and maintain a CCTV, but you can always install a fake (a non-working) CCTV.

CCTVs don't prevent theft, it is the fear of being watched that keeps theives away.
exactly.. U can buy fake camera on aliexpress for less than N1000

1 Like

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by anidat77(m): 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
My brother had same issues with his game cafe in PH. He always made 3k max daily while the guys there buy roasted fish and beer in plain sight after they had closed for the day.
Till he put up a CCTV at the payment points and inside to view the console....on the first day of installation sales jumped to 11k and even 21k within same week.
The guys resigned on their own and new people were employed. Such is the risk of trust ...they will just exploit your blind spot.
Go for a CCTV....the benefits is higher than the installation budget.

7 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Taiwo20(m): 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:
I recently started a business about two weeks ago and because of my schedule, i hired someone to manage it for me. Can't be at two places at once. So, I hired a lanky teenager that radiates humility and zeal for the job and since the business started, I have not been hitting the desired target. I was getting frustrated already but i kept consoling myself that maybe the word has not yet gone around about the business.

So yesterday, i decided to spend a whole day at the business and lo and behold, I made a lot of money that day. Obviously, the boy was eating my money. I have no problems with my staff taking money out for lunch but this guy was slashing my money by half. Imagine the greed! And I pay him above minimum wage and told him to take Sundays off. But the guy comes to work on Sundays and works till late. AT first, I was happy with his work ethic but now, i realize that this guy is working for his own half.

And he swore with his life that he's not eating my money. The next course of action is to fire him but how can i prevent this embezzlement from going on with the next guy I hire? The nature of business is a game lounge. I'll be grateful for any advice I can get here.

You are a river, anyone can fetch from you privided they done pollute or stop the source.
Get another person,let him sign an undertaking and bring his/her guarantor.
Install a CCTV.
let him prepare daily account and you can also login at the end of the day to monitor the sales.

1 Like

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hire me bro, I'm honest.
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Patented: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
nothing is absolutely fool proof. the dude will simply give games at a cheaper rate than advertised and not issue receipts. people would happily pay the lesser rate. Nigerians are always looking for ways to take advantage of a system. Customers are no different.

Gracealone:

CCTV will only detect but not prevent.
Invest in an accounting software that will generate receipt for every transaction. Also write it boldly in the shop that all customers must obtain receipt.

The softwares are cheaper these days.

This will not only prevent fraud but project a good image about your business.
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by andycoal40(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:

are u in lagos?
I can help stay for some time
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Patented: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
Makes sense

Kendumazy:
Don't sack him. Someone once had this kind of problem. Here is what's done.

Stay there for a month. Keep record of every daily sales and let him be aware and let him know the total sales at the close of work every blessed day.

Let your experience during this one month in terms of sales be your determinant in knowing how much you gonna ask him deliver to you every week. Be considerate in this so that he doesn't run like someone said.

At the end of the month. Sit him down like a brother and discuss with him your new terms which are weekly delivery, no salary and he covers every expenses.

That way, you have peace of mind. It's win - win.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-quality-8gb-atm
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by hopefulLandlord: 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
anidat77:
My brother had same issues with his game cafe in PH. He always made 3k max daily while the guys there buy roasted fish and beer in plain sight after they had closed for the day.
Till he put up a CCTV at the payment points and inside to view the console....on the first day of installation sales jumped to 11k and even 21k within same week.
The guys resigned on their own and new people were employed. Such is the risk of trust ...they will just exploit your blind spot.
Go for a CCTV....the benefits is higher than the installation budget.

How much did it cost him to put up CCTV?
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by smat101(m): 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
I will advice you let him go and get a new girl, girls are more honest in this kind of job(strickly warn her you have zero telorance for free games to customers )
But if you can't get a girl,.. just get a record book...stay there with him for a week and record all sales within that period let him do all the recording himself..,after that let him continue recording sales with that same book.it works likje magic he will always submit above the lowest sales in that record book.unless if he actually did not mnake much sales that day,

1 Like

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by goat22: 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:

Lmao! You just made me spill my drink with your comment!

Do you have groundnut? If you do rub ochicha on it, and put it under your cashier desk, it has camera properties and will show you if the plantain is roasted or fried.
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:

Boss, I'm planning to start this game lounge Biz in the future, that's what's worrying me. U can't curb them easily from taking ur money. Even if u install CCTV as suggested, which is good, how will u watch a clip recorded for over 6hours plus??
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
Get a small business ERP solution/software with that you can keep track on Income and expenses.
Also Install CCTV
Please tell us about the software
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
tabithababy:
angry

Get someone to work with him preferably from another tribe,

make sure one write down sales , the other collects money

Also insist they sit at different corners of the shop
@poksmahn
Two thieves, double salary

1 Like

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by frozen70(f): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:

You should have considered this before going into another opening

I suggest you get your own junior siblings who can Obedient to you to run your business

Bear in mind that you will be cheated at any time you keep someone there

Unless you decides to do it part time
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
For that kind Biz, u no feel employ a male
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
bentwood85:

camera can't stop a staff from stealing money believe me, I have been there before...
Na steal person go steal no be embezzle if CCTV dey
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by OgeFather(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
bentwood85:

camera can't stop a staff from stealing money believe me, I have been there before...

Yes but the awareness it creates won't allow them to go to certain extent then the sales software is there to make up for the remainder
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by OgeFather(m): 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
Acidosis:

It cost a lot to install and maintain a CCTV, but you can always install a fake (a non-working) CCTV.

CCTVs don't prevent theft, it is the fear of being watched that keeps theives away.

Allow me to disagree with you , I'm an installer and the reasons why most people see CCTV as expensive is because the way most engineers put the price here is crazy becaues they still think the technology is new to everyone
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by HBB1(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:

Build a you don't Bleep with me reputation.
The mafia has perfected the art-- use him as an example, let everyone know you are kind and ruthless ( at the same time) and watch as things fall into place!

But be sure he is stealing o, or the thunder God will use and fire you, will fire your great-grand children too!
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by hopefulLandlord: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
OgeFather:

Allow me to disagree with you , I'm an installer and the reasons why most people see CCTV as expensive is because the way most engineers put the price here is crazy becaues they still think the technology is new to everyone

what's the cost of setting up a CCTV?

2 Likes

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Ferdinandu(m): 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
Patented:
install CCTV, that's the only control that can work, it will reduce the pilfering but i doubt it can stop it outright. There is no way to measure the number of games played as far as i know
Yes it can stop it outrightly if he installs it correctly and knows how to make maximum use of it.
That is only solution he has. It is only a novice that starts such business he won't always be available at this age without adding complete installation of CCTV as part of the cost of start-up capital.
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by XavierD(f): 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2019

Don't know much about game lounge

Try paying by percentage not salary

And see if it works

1 Like

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by OgeFather(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

what's the cost of setting up a CCTV?

That solely depend on two things
1. The number of camera points you want
2. The distance from where the camera's are and monitoring point

another factor too can be remote monitoring (that's being able to view you premises from anywhere in the world with your mobile phone )
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by hopefulLandlord: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
OgeFather:

That solely depend on two things
1. The number of camera points you want
2. The distance from where the camera's are and monitoring point

another factor too can be remote monitoring (that's being able to view you premises from anywhere in the world with your mobile phone )
I'd like

2 camera points

remote monitoring
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by Ndipe(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
What kind of biz?
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by OgeFather(m): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
I'd like
2 camera points
remote monitoring
Pls massage me or drop your contact and I'll massage you
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by sweetrace(f): 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:

The game console i go to gives a card that has all the clients point on it. At the door, you pay for the number of points you want. This is recorded electronically on the cards. Different games cost different points. To start a game, one slots in the card, which deducts the points needed. There’s no way the attendants there can cheat because for a game to start, a card is needed. No card, no game. The initial cash translates into points on the card. You can try them out and see. They’re a gaming arcade called Rufus and Bee at the twin waters in Lekki.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by maishai: 7:05pm On Jun 13, 2019
poksmahn:

Take time to study master slave relationship or King subject relationship before handing over a business unit to someone else.........If after tutoring yourself you feel you still want to be a master or King you go ahead and use the techniques of masters from old times............ A modern human is not as hard to control as human beings of old........

my 2 cents
Re: My Salesboy Is Eating My Money by nwaimoroseyaho: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
Pay him on commission. Don't pay salary for a job that can't be measured. Tell him what to make per day and give commission from there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria? / 6 Services That Is Making Me Over $300 Weekly On Fiverr With 20minute Work / Chinese Auto Company Shaanxi To Assemble Trucks In Enugu:buys ANAMMCO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.