Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? (2906 Views)

Photos Of World Leaders Watching The World Cup / Nigerians May Miss Out On Watching The 2013 Nations Cup / Nba Playoffs 08-predictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 8:01pm On May 07, 2007
The Playoffs are on and last years finalists are out The Miami Heat and The Dallas Mavericks, Dallas my team had the best regular season record 67-15 but got knocked out by the hungrier Golden State Warriors, the Heat also got dumped by the Bulls, who would win it? Bulls, Pistons? Suns or Spurs, time would tell
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by Free(f): 9:12pm On May 07, 2007
yea
am rootin for chicago Bulls and da Spurs
dey ma team grin grin grin grin grin

dallas got knocked out wayyyyyyyyyy early
sucks but at least dey get to rest and watch da games at home
hehehehehe
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by iice(f): 10:26am On May 09, 2007
i was watching at a time because my bro would not change the channel! angry Ok not really rooting for any team, or more importantly i want those who haven't had a shot at it to win. Tired of the lakers, heat, bulls cheesy
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 7:36pm On May 11, 2007
@Free
The Bulls are on their way out baby they are 3-0 down to Detroit, the most interesting series is the Jazz and the Warriors you really need to see those games,
Please no Spurs this year we are tired of their boring brand of basketball, i'd prefer the Suns
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by bolaoni(m): 8:05pm On May 11, 2007
I stopped following since Dallas got kicked out cry cry

I thought they are good for the ring but cry cry cry
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by jgirl3: 8:10pm On May 11, 2007
2 of my teams got kicked out - Lakers and Heat

Now, I'm all for Cleveland Cavs because of my boys - LeBron James and Ilgauskas.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 11:28pm On May 11, 2007
Dallas deserved to lose because they relied on a star who relied too much on his jump shot. No inside game.

I don't know why no one has mentioned the suns. Best team playing and to watch. If there is any justice in the world they will win.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by bolaoni(m): 11:48pm On May 11, 2007
justice? let them do that to the Spurs first and we will know they are worthy Champs.

I love Steve Nash and Stoudemire a lot and wish they win it but
Mavs is my team and now that they have lost, anybody can win it.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 12:30am On May 12, 2007
i know everyone croons over the skills of Tim Duncan, but my god he is so boring. When I heard he swore at that ref(the name fails me) I was pleasantly surprised. ony parke and Manu ginobili are alright but they can't compare with the vivacity of nash, stoudemire, bell and the brazillian kid(my memory is a bit porous tonigt). Closest to them in the palayoffs are the anarchic warriors. IF only they can just get past the jazz.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 7:58am On May 12, 2007
did you see baron davis for the warriors last night? if you haven't you missed. Brother put on a show. Awesome
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2007
doyin13:

did you see baron davis for the warriors last night? if you haven't you missed. Brother put on a show. Awesome

My guy that Baron Davis guy was bloody, The WARRIORS are good did you see the shooting clinic they put up yesterday 11 3pts in one half, if they continue at this rate nobody would beat them,

My team are the Mavericks but they forgot that the best regular season record doesnt matter in the playoffs they should have realised that by now, but im glad Dirk got the MVP
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 4:39pm On May 12, 2007
He put kirilenko on a poster. MVP
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 4:57pm On May 12, 2007
doyin13:

He put kirilenko on a poster. MVP
Yes, i think Utahs move by putting big men in was bad but i guess their 2 point guards foul troubles didnt help.how does a 6'10 guy guard a 6'3 guy it was a mismatch, Davis was too quick, and they didnt guard their perimeter so their size advantage turned out to be a disadvantage, Boozer didnt do too well in the paint either unlike Gm 2
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 11:13am On May 14, 2007
Golden state lost. Suns lost. Terrible.

It was a terrible weekend of sports for me. Lets hoe the midweek makes up for it.

Go Suns Bulls Warriors and Cavs.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 7:03pm On May 14, 2007
grin im happy Golden State lost, Carlos Boozer is my man, and also Mehmet Okur and Kirilenko(AK47)
Glad Bulls won though, i hope the Suns beat the Spurs cant stand their boring brand of basketball, oohh if only The Mavs were still around we are the only one that can handle those damn Spurs, i'd be damned if they get another ring
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by BlackMamba(m): 8:03pm On May 14, 2007
Suns will lose to the Spurs to spite white folks that think Nash is the messiah. Sorry Amare. I love you but hate the idea of a white hope.
Pistons all the way. A 'ship for Webber and McDyiess is about right. With Billups in the anchor and Sheed intimidating, they're half way through.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 8:30pm On May 14, 2007
I like nash mainly because he shows you dont need to jump out of the gym as long as you keep your wits about you on the court.

And unlike all this brash black basketball players with little talent who make a lot of noise he is humble to boot.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by tosinadeda: 9:54pm On May 14, 2007
San antonio takes game three over phx suns 108-101
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 3:39pm On May 15, 2007
tosinadeda:

San antonio takes game three over phx suns 108-101
Suns take game 4 104-98 this series is going to the wire, and im backing Suns all the way San Antonio must not get that ring,
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2007
they ended the 4th qtr with a 12-1 run. very nice.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by iice(f): 1:55pm On May 16, 2007
A-40:

Suns take game 4 104-98 this series is going to the wire, and im backing Suns all the way San Antonio must not get that ring,

Interesting, didnt finish that game but hah the glad for the Suns
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2007
can u believe the bastard nba suspended not only Amare stoudemire but boris diaw as well for the next game.

i swear they really want to stop the suns from winning. what kind of rubbish is this.

and look at the warriors, if they knew they were not going to do anything in the play offs they should have let the mavs thru.

everything is pissing me off.

love the bulls tho lol
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by Free(f): 3:52am On May 17, 2007
Go SPURS!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

wishin da Bulls all da best of luck too, i hope dey comeback and win da series grin grin grin

am sooo sick of the PISTON angry
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by layifioren(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2007
Phoenix and Detroit all the way. Actually, anything but Spurs. Dallas was my team but they are home. Tired of seeing Bowen play dirty, Ginobili flopping, Timmy looking all innocent even when he knows he messed up etc. My main man in that team R Horry messed up too big time. Looking forward to a tough game six. Hopefully Phoenix can get a championship that they truly deserve
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by layifioren(m): 10:15am On May 17, 2007
doyin13:

can u believe the bastard nba suspended not only Amare stoudemire but boris diaw as well for the next game.

i swear they really want to stop the suns from winning. what kind of rubbish is this.

and look at the warriors, if they knew they were not going to do anything in the play offs they should have let the mavs through.

love the bulls tho lol

Mavs by now has been bitten twice and hopefully they have learnt there lessons from the pass 2 seasons. Mavs don't really like playing physical and that's what killed them both in the Finals against Miami and against Golden State. As for the suspensions, the NBA is very pathetic. Bowen has been getting away with alot. Suns lost game five only by 3 without Diaw and Stoudemire. I just hope Stoudemire does not get in foul trouble in game 6. If he doesn't, Duncan better be watchout because he'll get handful of Stoudemire. ANY TEAM BUT SPURS. Just sick of them!
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 10:37am On May 17, 2007
@layifioren

my sentiments exactly.

spurs i shit on u
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by Skywalker5(m): 8:30pm On May 17, 2007
doyin13:

and look at the warriors, if they knew they were not going to do anything in the play offs they should have let the mavs through.

love the bulls tho lol

You right man.The Mavs had too much confidence on the warriors before they lost out.At least i know they have the recipe to kick Spurs out.Is there anything they can do to stop Spurs boring game.I always sleep off watching those punks play and it seems that the secret of their success.They make the game too boring for their opponents
Duncan and bowen were to be suspended also if you watch it closely.y amara and diaw?
Game 6 is coming and i hope Amare steps up to push this guys out.Spurs are bring NBA down with thier boring game.

Shit on you SPURS
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 11:49am On May 18, 2007
angry Too bad the Bulls couldnt complete their comeback, I hope the Suns can do something, But i think the NBA was unfair for banning Stoudemire and Diaw.Bruce Bowen should have also been banned aside Robert Horry.I hope they lose and this is why i wish Dallas was still around we would have kicked their butts for sure and they know it.But im going with Utah they will win the Western Conference
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by doyin13(m): 1:24pm On May 18, 2007
The Bulls lost. What a shame. They really need some inside scoring presence and Ben Wallace definitely isn't it. Some say they should have got Gasol, but he is a defensive liability. I know Jermaine O Neal wants to go to New York but if Chicago could get him, they would be contenders straight away.

Utah for the Western Conf. I doubt it. Boozer has been the difference maker in their previous series so far but he doesn't match up well against either Tim Duncan or Stoudemire. who are both bigger guys. Their perimeter shooting has also been hot, but both the suns(a bit) and the spurs(even better) have got good perimeter defence. so i expect winner of spurs suns series to go thru.

In the east, pistons all the way. last season pistons were able to beat the cavs, and the cavs have not improved since then. I would love the nets to be out there, but i have always felt that Kidd is the most overrated non scorer in NBA history.
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by bolaoni(m): 6:49pm On May 18, 2007
doyin,

Kidd overrated? shocked

Probably you are refering to the JK of this season and not the ol' JK.

When it comes to the NBA, there are some players that have played their
dues and JK is one of them. So I beg to disagree with that statement Sir! cool

How I also wish the Mavs are here. Don't have the mind to watch any other team,
For me is it Dallas or no show! We can only think of what could have been but
I hope they will get their acts right in the next season.

Hearing of shake ups in the team and that Shaq is a possibility shocked Dunno what Cuban is
thinking of though.

The way things are, I won't rule out Jazz yet in the Western Conf. They've got Kiri and Williams
to support Boozer you know. never write them off yet. I think the ghost of Mail Man and Stockton
is being brought back to life this season. Let's see what happens anyway cool
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 7:06pm On May 18, 2007
doyin13:

The Bulls lost. What a shame. They really need some inside scoring presence and Ben Wallace definitely isn't it. Some say they should have got Gasol, but he is a defensive liability. I know Jermaine O Neal wants to go to New York but if Chicago could get him, they would be contenders straight away.

Utah for the Western Conf. I doubt it. Boozer has been the difference maker in their previous series so far but he doesn't match up well against either Tim Duncan or Stoudemire. who are both bigger guys. Their perimeter shooting has also been hot, but both the suns(a bit) and the spurs(even better) have got good perimeter defence. so i expect winner of spurs suns series to go through.

In the east, pistons all the way. last season pistons were able to beat the cavs, and the cavs have not improved since then. I would love the nets to be out there, but i have always felt that Kidd is the most overrated non scorer in NBA history.

I agree with you i think the east is done and dusted, Detroit would take it Cavs and Nets are poor scorers,The Nets put in just 7 points in a quarter in Game 5, As for the West i disagree i think Utah would put up a fight and you would be suprised, Remember they have two big men who could really shoot the ball and they also have great hustle players,
Re: Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? by A40(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2007
@bolaoni
Shaq in Dallas? im not sure thats gonna work the dude is old and he has 4 rings already hes lost the hunger and hes pretty injury prone, what we really need is a center and an experienced PG.could also use a swingman too.some folks also have to go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Going To Liverpool - Tevez / Is Just 1.5 Odd / I May Commit Sweetcide, If Barca Fails To Beat Psg To QUALIFY..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.