Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,490 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (33858 Views)

UN surprised As Buhari Support 'sahrawi Republic' Independence, Forsakes Biafra / Buhari To Help Sahrawi Get Independence- He Pledges / President Buhari Receives The Super Eagles Team (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by etrange: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
3rdeyeNigeria:

Guess who was president of Nigeria in 1984 ? cheesy

We've had many presidents ever since then. They all recognised the country. Let's not be biased
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by etrange: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
kingzizzy:

Guess who was president then? Buhari!
We've had many presidents ever since then. They all recognised the country. Let's not be biased
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by etrange: 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2019
mightyhaze:
interesting,...

whose government again?

And afterwards? What changed? Was is reversed?
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by EmekaBlue(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
mallam no even know anything, he just hear president of one country wey never actualize he receive am
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by etrange: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Barrytone:

Who was the president of Nigeria then? Same buhari

Some countries (40) withdraw their recognition afterwards. None of our past leaders thought it necessary. They all recognised the sovereignty of this country. Let's be open minded
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by akdjr(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Please be careful on the kind of comment you post on social media. I heard DSS are now monitoring inciting comments now. I don't know you but I am sure you have some better goals in life. Pls be focus!quote author=simonlee post=79301324]I read that he even pledged to help them get independence as an Islamic state...
And he was busy murdering Biafrans fighting for the same independence![/quote]
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by TSRC: 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
So all the projects that morroco promised us has been pissed away by buhari?
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
martineverest:
a country held hostage by morroco.they want independent but Moroccans don't want ..nugeria has been behind them
so what of biafra?? if u castigate biafra and support this it is double standard

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by martineverest(m): 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
so what of biafra?? if u castigate biafra and support this it is double standard
na dem.sabi
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by Ifyz0001: 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2019
Buhari and these Arab countries... I hope all is well?
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by KenModi(m): 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
babzo:
So Nigeria has fully supported these people? Is Morocco happy about this? What about OAU?

AU - African Union
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by jamesversion: 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
IMAliyu:

I laugh whenever someone says Buhari wants to Islamise Nigeria.
It's the same thing Northerners said about Goodluck and his anti-muslim agenda. It's all baseless accusations driven by religious sentiment.
I mean Buhari had 4 years to finish what they are accusing him of, but here we are. No political moves have been made under the authority of FG to change Nigeria into an Islamic country or to covert the Christian population.
You can make a valid point and criticism of Buhari's incompetence in dealing with the Hurdsmen crisis, communal clashes and bokoharam, but they are trying to create a problem that doesn't exist or one that only exists in their minds.
What will they say if Buhari finishes this next 4 years without anything happening? The man had the perfect opportunity during the military dictatorship era. Why would he wait until civilian rule when you can't do anything you want and get away with it?
I'm just saying people have a tendency to create patterns in their minds where one doesn't exist and it may originate from genuine worries, but we can all see this is just some BS.

Practically speaking, no Muslim president of Nigeria can islamise the country. Also no christian president can christianize us. It's just politicians looking to play on the intelligence of gullible Nigerians.

I think Buhari should always consider Nigerias best interest when forging and executing foreign policy. Why throw away a promising relationship with Morocco because of ordinary Shawarma republic. It doesn't seem smart to me, except maybe the FG is using this as a means to force the hand of Morocco into a more better deal for Nigeria. Just maybe.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by mightyhaze: 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
etrange:

And afterwards? What changed? Was is reversed?
but atleast it hasnt been reinforced again,...

until now ofcourse
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by yetunsbay(m): 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
israelmao:
Birds of the same feather.
kindly replace 'the same' with 'a'
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
Of what value is this my President? I hate distraction sir! You have a lot awaiting your attention on your desk !
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mrsoundoro:
Today Nigeria president, Muhammed Buhari received the President of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, H.E Brahimi Ghazli during a visit to Aso Rock in Abuja .

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/06/13/photos-president-buhari-receiving-president-of-sahrawi-arab-democratic-republic/
this the move for islamization. He would only be visit by Islam leaders from other country..
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by IMAliyu(m): 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
jamesversion:

Practically speaking, no Muslim president of Nigeria can islamise the country. Also no christian president can christianize us. It's just politicians looking to play on the intelligence of gullible Nigerians.

I think Buhari should always consider Nigerias best interest when forging and executing foreign policy. Why throw away a promising relationship with Morocco because of ordinary Shawarma republic. It doesn't seem smart to me, except maybe the FG is using this as a means to force the hand of Morocco into a more better deal for Nigeria. Just maybe.
I don't know, Nigeria seems to just be an ally of western sahara and are not necessarily on good terms with Morocco, but it could all just be politics.
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by Warship: 10:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
[quote author=akdjr post=79306714]Please be careful on the kind of comment you post on social media. I heard DSS are now monitoring inciting comments now. I don't know you but I am sure you have some better goals in life. Pls be focus!quote author=simonlee post=79301324]

This is democracy with freedom of speech.

DSS Ko DSS Ni

Back to the topic.

Buhari's action has justified IPOB's case and I won't be surprised if Morocco takes Kanu very seriously.
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by metro8032: 10:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
na wow oh,where buhari go find dis country in d world map again and even invited dey president,me neva heard of dis country since i was born
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by DeptSecretServ: 11:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
MrMumu:
See the kind country wey dey visit this idiot

Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by ThePreachersSon: 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
Morocco ain't gonna like this. Man don't put your self in a difficult corner. Focus on your job back home first, before you start looking for unwanted trouble.
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by kingzizzy: 11:28pm On Jun 13, 2019
etrange:

Really? I never saw nor heard any other President in this democratic dispensation who openly supported the independence of Sahrawi Republic except Buhari

What is shocking is this same president recognises that some people have the right to be independent but says that the same right of others in Nigeria is terrorism

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by maxzzo1(m): 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
NOC1:
My first time of coming across the name (country).

Let Nigeria succeed
They are like Biafra ..... Breaking out of morocco
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by EngrKem: 11:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
etrange:

Dude, it has nothing to do with Buhari. I'm not his fan but let's be logical. Nigeria recognised the sovereignty of this country on the 11 of November 1984. Buhari is therefore only performing his social obligation.
Guess who was the president then?
Same buhari!
The truth is,that place is the ascentrial home of fulanis

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by Warship: 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
EngrKem:
Guess who was the president then? Same buhari! The truth is,that place is the ascentrial home of fulanis
Guy, you read book wella
Those guys get Berber bloodline.
Fulani people are Berbers.
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by ntyce(m): 5:53am On Jun 14, 2019
3rdeyeNigeria:

Guess who was president of Nigeria in 1984 ? cheesy

You can't blame Buhari for that particular action, most African countries did same during that period and as much Morocco pulled out of OAU.

I'm more bothered cos it seem PMB is willing to jeopardize his relationship with Morocco.

Let's keep fingers crossed, he must have been advised by
diplomats
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by Rolings: 6:43am On Jun 14, 2019
ntyce:
PMB goofed by meeting this man....

The Moroccan king won't be happy

The last time something similar happened, the next day king of Morocco was in Abuja and at the end of the day a massive gas pipeline project to link Nigeria to Morocco was signed...... Let's see what happens next...p
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by Yujin(m): 6:54am On Jun 14, 2019
etrange:

Dude, it has nothing to do with Buhari. I'm not his fan but let's be logical. Nigeria recognised the sovereignty of this country on the 11 of November 1984. Buhari is therefore only performing his social obligation.
Who was Nigeria's head of state at that time?
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by Yujin(m): 7:06am On Jun 14, 2019
Anyway, I wholeheartedly support their quest for independence after watching a documentary on their struggle. They once fought a war with Morocco and it was technically a stalemate after which UN intervene promising them that a referendum would be convened which never happened till today. This was far back as the 1980s. Today, part of their land is under occupation by Morocco while the other part is free and governed by their people. I guess this president from the free side of Al Sahrawi country. The land though a desert is rich with mineral resources which Morocco wants to tap and also use the big size of it to enlarge Morocco as a country.
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by KingDonPablo: 7:07am On Jun 14, 2019
NOC1:
My first time of coming across the name (country).

Let Nigeria succeed
it's not a country. They are still fighting for independence
Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by Yujin(m): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2019
jamesversion:

I see naivety all over your comment. Even with the name James, I still doubt if you're a genuine Christian and not just one born into a Christian home.
Let me just give you a slight assignment. Go read up on the history of Lebanon and return to this thread. Most of Nairalanders never knew that Lebanon a couple of decades ago was a Christian dominated one but today, just the mention of it and every concludes it's a Muslim country. This is the route Nigeria is going at present. Outside Nigeria, people are starting to think Nigeria is a Muslim country. What confuses them is the dominant religion of the physical Nigerians they see which is Christianity. So a lot of them asks questions to that effect. You have to ask yourself why virtually all the top security positions are occupied by Muslims which have never been so. Do you know that no Christian has been the Chief Justice of Nigeria before? Continue in your naivety.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives Brahimi Ghazli, President Of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic by olumalcolm(m): 7:39am On Jun 14, 2019
Buhari we are watching you, continue sogbo. When the time is right, all hell will be let loose and we shall see where we go frm there. You invited or hosted a man who is fighting for an islamic state and you tell us you dont hv a hidden agenda. Till den sha, pls be prepared, it is coming. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Continues His Campaign For BOLA TINUBU / I’ll Be In Senate For Life — Bukar Ibrahim / Natasha Akpoti Loses Polling Unit To Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.