Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme (6113 Views)

Naira Gains Massively Against Dollar Radio Nigeria Nov 5 / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / Rivers Poll: Court Okays Suit Seeking To Disqualify Wike Over Birth Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Gistok3: 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
The FCT High Court, Apo on Thursday, adjourned a suit seeking to compel the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to pay the entitlements of one late Iyalla Harry until Nov. 5. The claimants, HRH Abraham Gebide and Napoleon, in their depositions are seeking an order of court compelling the  first defendant( NNPC) to disclose the amount of entitlements due and pay to the administrators of the deceased.

They are also seeking  a declaration from the court that the third defendant( only son of Harry) is a medical dependent and not a next of kin unlike the second claimant. The claimants are also pray an order of court compelling NNPC to pay a total of N650 million being the cumulative entitlements and benefits of  the late Harry to the FCMB account of MGBEI MILLER WELL OBAZI FAMILY.

They also seek an order  restraining the NNPC from paying the entitlements to Ms Iyala Konfan the wife of the deceased or any other person apart from the claimants. The case was however,  adjourned to Nov. 5 for hearing because  Justice Chizoba Ojii  was on another official engagement.

read more: https://gistok.ng/court-fixes-nov-5-for-suit-seeking-to-compel-nnpc-to-pay-dead-staffs-entitlements/

1 Like

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 14, 2019
Lalasticlala is this fair?
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Flexherbal(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2019
Person die, e family dey drag who dem go pay money to and who dem nor go pay to !

4 Likes

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by SouthSouth1914: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2019
Even NNPC does not have by law as to guide its administration.. they have to go to court first! Nigeria is a shame and should never have existed..

1 Like

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by bazzyblings: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2019
cheesy
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2019
The FCT High Court, Apo on Thursday, adjourned a suit seeking to compel the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to pay the entitlements of one late Iyalla Harry until Nov. 5. The claimants, HRH Abraham Gebide and Napoleon, in their depositions are seeking an order of court compelling the first defendant( NNPC) to disclose the amount of entitlements due and pay to the administrators of the deceased.

They are also seeking a declaration from the court that the [b]third defendant( only son of Harry) is a medical dependent and not a next of kin unlike the second claimant. [/b]The claimants are also pray an order of court compelling NNPC to pay a total of N650 million being the cumulative entitlements and benefits of the late Harry to the FCMB account of MGBEI MILLER WELL OBAZI FAMILY.

They also seek an order restraining the NNPC from paying the entitlements to Ms Iyala Konfan the wife of the deceased or any other person apart from the claimants. The case was however, adjourned to Nov. 5 for hearing because Justice Chizoba Ojii was on another official engagement.

It is a family matter...and from what I can see , it is dispute between the man's family and his kinsmen

Me, I know that nothing will make me fight my brother and sister over our father's inheritance.

That is what happens when money interferes in famillial relationships.

1 Like

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by harrwix(m): 9:47am On Jun 14, 2019
Something is really not clear about this story.... 650million? For doing what?. Who gets paid such kind of amount as entitlement
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by marvin906(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2019
NNPC the most useless org have ever seen

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Davicjoe(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2019
I guess the courts are busy with election hearings. Or may b court are busy with corruption cases that will never finish. This my Naija em!!!
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 14, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Even NNPC does not have by law as to guide its administration.. they have to go to court first! Nigeria is a shame and should never have existed..

The issue is 'Who is the next of kin' in this case.

Something tells me the deceased put his kinsmen and not his wife and son as his next of kin in documentation for NNPC.. It is also possible that the son is the man's designated next of kin, but the kinsmen are contesting it.

2 Likes

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 14, 2019
Davicjoe:
I guess the courts are busy with election hearings. Or may b court are busy with corruption cases that will never finish. This my Naija em!!!

There are designated judges and courts for that matter. The judges that are not the designated judges will hear other matters.
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by poshbrave(m): 9:50am On Jun 14, 2019
great
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by BlueRayDick: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2019
Gistok3:

They also seek an order  restraining the NNPC from paying the entitlements to Ms Iyala Konfan the wife of the deceased or any other person apart from the claimants

which kind evil relatives be dis? So the wife who is obviously named as the next of kin shouldn't get anything but the family should sit and share their deceased son's entitlement?

2 Likes

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by elchariotlp: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

What are you saying?

The extended family of the deceased Staff wants NNPC to pay them his entilement instead of paying it to the deceased wife and or Son.

How is that NNPC's issue ?

4 Likes

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by chloride6: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2019
Prepare your estate guys no go hear...

Just negodu the family now.

How can you ask the wife not to receive the funds?

1 Like

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:51am On Jun 14, 2019
This is serious.
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by zoedew: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2019
In the hope it won’t all be dissipated on litigation!

1 Like

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by balonaija(f): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2019
hm
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by omonla10(m): 9:56am On Jun 14, 2019
Am I seeing well..650million.. entitlement of one single person o.not company
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by educator24(f): 9:57am On Jun 14, 2019
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by thesicilian: 9:57am On Jun 14, 2019
Gistok3:
The FCT High Court, Apo on Thursday, adjourned a suit seeking to compel the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to pay the entitlements of one late Iyalla Harry until Nov. 5. The claimants, HRH Abraham Gebide and Napoleon, in their depositions are seeking an order of court compelling the first defendant( NNPC) to disclose the amount of entitlements due and pay to the administrators of the deceased.

They are also seeking a declaration from the court that the third defendant( only son of Harry) is a medical dependent and not a next of kin unlike the second claimant. The claimants are also pray an order of court compelling NNPC to pay a total of N650 million being the cumulative entitlements and benefits of the late Harry to the FCMB account of MGBEI MILLER WELL OBAZI FAMILY.

They also seek an order restraining the NNPC from paying the entitlements to Ms Iyala Konfan the wife of the deceased or any other person apart from the claimants. The case was however, adjourned to Nov. 5 for hearing because Justice Chizoba Ojii was on another official engagement.

read more: https://gistok.ng/court-fixes-nov-5-for-suit-seeking-to-compel-nnpc-to-pay-dead-staffs-entitlements/
So the external relatives are claiming to be more entitled to the dead man's benefits than his actual only son and wife ?
Those guys are nothing short of animals!

2 Likes

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Chinny024(f): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2019
Shuuuuu!!!!
The wife should better get herself a good lawyer and lawyers oooo....Which kind talk be this...
It's her rightful right grin
Possess your possessions oooo wink

3 Likes

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by SouthSouth1914: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2019
elchariotlp:

What are you saying?

The extended family of the deceased Staff wants NNPC to pay them his entilement instead of paying it to the deceased wife and or Son.

How is that NNPC's issue ?

In every sane multinational companies.., they always send an email to update Next of Kin every year. The point is, NNPC should acknowledge whomever that is stated in the deceased next of kin period

2 Likes

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Ikpeazukerosene: 10:18am On Jun 14, 2019
tactius:

It is a family matter...and from what I can see , it is dispute between the man's family and his kinsmen

Me, I know that nothing will make me fight my brother and sister over our father's inheritance.

That is what happens when money interferes in famillial relationships.

Lol
Maybe your father has nothing worth worthwhile to fight over.

When serious money is involved, it is not just you, devil can use a third party to whisper into your mind and small thing, lawyer don enter the matter.

3 Likes

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by Ikpeazukerosene: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

In every sane multinational companies.., they always send an email to update Next of Kin every year. The point is, NNPC should acknowledge whomever that is stated in the deceased next of kin period

When was this practice introduced, when did the deceased die?
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by elchariotlp: 10:26am On Jun 14, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Update next of kin with respect to what please?

You don't just pay a Deceased entitlement to next of kin. It is paid to the Administrators of the Deceased Estate.
Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by SouthSouth1914: 10:31am On Jun 14, 2019
elchariotlp:

Update next of kin with respect to what please?

You don't just pay a Deceased entitlement to next of kin. It is paid to the Administrators of the Deceased Estate.

Rightly said. These are updated yearly in most of the IOCs operating in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Fixes Nov. 5 For Suit Seeking To Compel NNPC To Pay Dead Staff’s Entitleme by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2019
November 5 too far o...before then, those hoping to get the pay like their relatives or next of kin might have die also. ...will the dead pay the dead?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The Black Bags Buhari Securities Were Carrying Is Meant For / BREAKING: FG Planning To Declare State-of-emergency In Rivers Over Wike Audio / $43m Ikoyi Flat Loot: I Warned NIA Boss Not To Cover Rotimi Amaechi.- FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.