Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son (63442 Views)

Should I Take Permission From Simon Ekpa To Fix My Wedding In Anambra? / Rotimi Amaechi Graduates With Law Degree From Baze University (Photos) / Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by rusher14: 8:56am On Jun 14, 2019
mightyhaze:
hundreds of his cronies u mean. why not make rivers education sector ok for all and sundry

On this Nairaland, when Amaechi was governor, threads were opened to showcase his strides in various sectors with education being one of them.

You can look for such threads to help you.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by MadCow1: 8:57am On Jun 14, 2019
delugajackson:
They send their children to the best schools abroad. Ensure their safety in a safe and civilized environment. Secure their future and the future of their generations unborn. Have you ever wondered why these politicians do not send their children down here to engage in their political warfare? Yet some senseless youths kill themselves over them for the sake of blind loyalty, sabotaging their future in the name of cultism, ballot-snatching, thuggery and other vices.

Some of them are here on Nairaland defending their incompetencies for crumbs, hurling abuses at each other while they loot away their future in their very eyes. Woe betide any youth of this country that fights for any politician. Its about time you all realized that these politicians do not care about you, you're just being used as a pawn to do their dirty jobs and satisfy their selfish interests, only to be discarded once they achieve their aim. To whom brain is given, sense is expected.

They send their kids abroad simply because thats where the best schools are and they can afford it.. Period! And i have no qualms with that.

My issue is what are they doing with their offices to improve the state of the nation.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Angelfrost(m): 8:59am On Jun 14, 2019
owisdom58:
we can make law to stop all this shit, we can stop public officers from sending their children to private school and abroad schools. it will go a long way to help this country. this is the main reason the state of Nigerian public schools don't bother them at all

We? You mean the elected senators? The same ones whose entire families live abroad already at your collective expense? The current house of assembly whose leaders are currently kowtowing to the president, that flies abroad to treat even migraine?.. Or are you talking about another country

When the youths put aside ethnic differences, and unite for a nationwide revolution, then will we have a glimmer of hope. Till then, let's all keep bandying words on social media.

3 Likes

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by 8stargeneral: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2019
congratulations another up coming thief.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Omoluabi16(m): 9:01am On Jun 14, 2019
tactius:

I gave you a like, because you have spoken well.

But the reason why they send their children abroad is because Nigerian universities are starved of cash by Nigerians.

In 2009, ASUU went on strike and asked for more money. Government gave then 3trillion naira in extra funding.

Fast forward to 2013, government told ASUU the truth, that. 3 trillion was not possible, and offered ASUU 1 trillion. Up till now, only 200billion has been paid.

And ASUU was forced to take the deal by Nigerians. I recall here on Nairaland that people were blasting ASUU for too much strikes.

Meanwhile, we expect univerisites to survive on fees of less than 200 dollars yearly. Attempts to increase fees are called anti people.

No wonder our universities are a mess, and no wonder even government officials like Amaechi send their kids outside.

And the fees for a foreign university in the Americas can be as high as 10000usd, if not more.

Our budget this year is 9 trillion. One trillion of that goes to education, primary, secondary and university and poly and colleges.

I think that government officials should send their kids to Nigerian universities, but if we want to make our universities better we have to increase funding by markedly raising fees, and by taking loans so that we can divert at least 3 trillion naira annually to.just universitiesyearly.

Let's be honest. University costs money. And if we want to make them better, we better stop all this idea of them being free, because corruption aside, we cannot afford free education

with your big grammar.. how can you easily yap 'Corruption aside'. Before you call for school fees hike, is there equitable distribution of resources? The covenant and the likes that offer quality, are Nigerians rushing there? I honestly doubt some of you grasp the true reality of things in this country.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by ezenna191(m): 9:05am On Jun 14, 2019
I cry for Nigeria my country. As governor of Rivers State what did he do to improve education. As member of Federal Executive Council what was his contribution towards improved education in Nigeria. Yet Amaechi is proud to pose with his son who graduated from a quality university in a conducive environment. Amaechi will be be here politicizing every good intention and even promoting militancy, kidnapping and banditry just to enrich himself and ensure the system does not work. There is God.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 14, 2019
my bro is a lecturer there

shocked
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 14, 2019
Obinna in Canada while Amaechi kills the remaining in tigers state with will.
Moreover I doubt if the real name is Obinna.
Rivers State don't answer such names.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Sammyblaq(m): 9:09am On Jun 14, 2019
U see this people eh...

I for no dey reason am if say na one of the private schools here en graduate from but from a Canadian University.

Upon all, dem no sabi anything.

Thunder break up Nigeria abeg.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by abagajnr93(m): 9:09am On Jun 14, 2019
delugajackson:
They send their children to the best schools abroad. Ensure their safety in a safe and civilized environment. Secure their future and the future of their generations unborn. Have you ever wondered why these politicians do not send their children down here to engage in their political warfare? Yet some senseless youths kill themselves over them for the sake of blind loyalty, sabotaging their future in the name of cultism, ballot-snatching, thuggery and other vices.

Some of them are here on Nairaland defending their incompetency for crumbs, hurling abuses at each other while they loot away their future in their very eyes. Woe betide any youth of this country that fights for any politician. Its about time you all realized that these politicians do not care about you, you're just being used as a pawn to do their dirty jobs and satisfy their selfish interests, only to be discarded once they achieve their aim. To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
after the realization what happens next?

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Shikini: 9:10am On Jun 14, 2019
Nigeria is a joke
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Omoluabi16(m): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2019
rusher14:

They were not children of his cronies, stop lying.

I know met many from rivers state who were quite indigent but for that programme they may never have attended any higher institution.

Many of you are simply uninformed , bitter or envious.
Lol. Uninformed? No.Trust me we have about a 150m envious Nigerians then. I dey envy all their kids.
You know many of them but not all of them. Politicians will always do ONE good, so people like you can make excuses for them. They know it. If only you know how much more they can do for us.He sponsored (debatable) 500 kids, how about the 1000 army of cultists he and wike unleash every now and then? Where were you during the last elections.. or you think it was they love you and your 'hundreds of student' so much.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by toffyz(m): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2019
owisdom58:
we can make law to stop all this shit, we can stop public officers from sending their children to private school and abroad schools. it will go a long way to help this country. this is the main reason the state of Nigerian public schools don't bother them at all

God bless you bro, you've said it all

Why we they be concerned and bothered about ASUU strikes when their children are not even in any of the public higher institutions. I weep for Nigeria!
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 14, 2019
Omoluabi16:
with your big grammar.. how can you easily yap 'Corruption aside'. Before you call for school fees hike, is there equitable distribution of resources? The covenant and the likes that offer quality, are Nigerians rushing there? I honestly doubt some of you grasp the true reality of things in this country.

The problem is, I don't think you grasp the situation of the problem.

Simon Fraser has endowments worth over $500million. Meanwhile, the average budget of a Nigerian university...is less than $20million(before the corrupt people get to the money).

Simon Fraser tuition fees is $5300 for international students. Average fees for a government university is $200

Canada spends 75.7billion dollars on education alone in one year. Nigeria 2.5billion dollars.

And you are expecting Nigerian universites to offer the same level of quality as Canadian or other foreign unviersites?

That's why fees have to go up....or we take loans. Or we maintain the status quo ante...and continue to have poorly funded universites producing poor graduates.

We cannot get $20000 service for just $20

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Bridget95(f): 9:14am On Jun 14, 2019
delugajackson:

Some of them are here on Nairaland defending their incompetency for crumbs, hurling abuses at each other while they loot away their future in their very eyes. Woe betide any youth of this country that fights for any politician. Its about time you all realized that these politicians do not care about you, you're just being used as a pawn to do their dirty jobs and satisfy their selfish interests, only to be discarded once they achieve their aim. To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
You have said it all bro,most of our youths are here cursing and insulting each other on the bases of tribal and religious differences, defending politicians not knowing that we are all suffering because of politicians regardless of region,tribe and religion.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2019
It is no more news that our educational system is in ruins and the political class send their wards abroad to study but I can excuse Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi on this one.

In as much as I advocate that our educational system be fixed, I think the fact that Amaechi sent thousands of Rivers Sons and Daughters and Other Nigerians abroad to study in good schools on scholarship has rendered any argument as to why his wards should get same treatment utterly useless.

You chop, He chop
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by rusher14: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Lol. Uninformed? No.Trust me we have about a 150m envious Nigerians then. I dey envy all their kids.
You know many of them but not all of them. Politicians will always do ONE good, so people like you can make excuses for them. They know it. If only you know how much more they can do for us.He sponsored (debatable) 500 kids, how about the 1000 army of cultists he and wike unleash every now and then? Where were you during the last elections.. or you think it was they love you and your 'hundreds of student' so much.

You are being unnecessarily emotional.

Can you prove Amaechi sponsored thugs?

But I can prove Amaechi sponsored students.

It is well known that under Amaechi's government, cultism was at an all-time low in Rivers state.

Stop trying to find something to blame the man for.

This thread is about his child graduating from a foreign university and it is justified by he also sponsoring hundreds more to similar institutions.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by tunize(m): 9:16am On Jun 14, 2019
delugajackson:

u spoke my mind bro..!! if only Nigerian youths will jst wise up and do the needful by focusing on making something happen for themeselves.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by scottobas: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2019
Simon freser university canada is one of the most expensive university in vancuver canada . preparing the young lard to come and lead in the country that is not what schooling.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Acidosis(m): 9:19am On Jun 14, 2019
Corrupt zoo.

They love government and public money so much but hate to use government and public infrastructures like public schools, epileptic public power, rotten waterworks.

Two things politicians want from the public, your vote and your money (tax and resources).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Omoluabi16(m): 9:19am On Jun 14, 2019
tactius:

The problem is, I don't think you grasp the situation of the problem.

Simon Fraser has endowments worth over $500million. Meanwhile, the average budget of a Nigerian university...is less than $20million(before the corrupt people get to the money).

Simon Fraser tuition fees is $5300 for international students. Average fees for a government university is $200

And you are expecting Nigerian universites to offer the same level of quality as Canadian or other foreign unviersites?

That's why fees have to go up....or we take loans. Or we maintain the status quo ante...

We cannot get $20000 service for just $20

I should never have quoted you. Total waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by rusher14: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2019
ezenna191:
I cry for Nigeria my country. As governor of Rivers State what did he do to improve education. As member of Federal Executive Council what was his contribution towards improved education in Nigeria. Yet Amaechi is proud to pose with his son who graduated from a quality university in a conducive environment. Amaechi will be be here politicizing every good intention and even promoting militancy, kidnapping and banditry just to enrich himself and ensure the system does not work. There is God.

Stop crying, stop assuming and find out what Amaechi did.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Ucheboss: 9:20am On Jun 14, 2019
Amaechi, immediate past minister of transportation? Has buhari changed his cabinet
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by subcbouy: 9:21am On Jun 14, 2019
Ask you father why?
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2019
I LOVE THIS MAN.STRONG IN THE MIND.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2019
owisdom58:

1.The money to make the universites up to standard does not exist.

Canada spent $75.7billion in 2005/6 on education alone. Nigeria, on the other hand , spent $2.5billion on educaiton last year.

I agree that Mr Amaechi is a hypocrite...but there is a cold reason why Nigeria cannot raise its schools up to standard....not enough money to properly fund them.

2.We keep establishing more universities.

And on top of the scanty amounts of money that we have for educaiton, we establish more universites....and people are clamoring for more. Meanwhile, the quality diminishes.

3.Mind you, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Millions of Nigerians, both rich, middle class, and some poor ones....go abroad for schooling. Do you think we should not ban them from going there too? After all, they are taking billions of our dollars abroad?

The thing is, if we want people to stop going abroad to study...we have to raise our unviersites up to standard. But with a budget of less than $2.5billion for all sectors of educaiton, compared to the billions that countries like Canada has...I doubt it would be possible.

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2019
Omoluabi16:
I should never have quoted you. Total waste of time.

And a good morning to you.

We can raise the money....but most of the measures to raise the money are considered anti-people by Buharists and PDPists and neutrals...so we won't get there.

Sorry the truth hurts. To be frank...it hurts me too. But we have to be realistic. Free eeducation is a pipedram.

Good am to you too.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by genuinechimere(m): 9:24am On Jun 14, 2019
mightyhaze:
hundreds of his cronies u mean. why not make rivers education sector ok for all and sundry
A friend of mine studied abroad through Amaechi's scholarship. Neither she nor the family had any link to Amaechi's Government. She just applied and got it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by subcbouy: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2019
ezenna191:
Go seat down! joor! You live in PH ni? Amechi worked while he was governor of RV. You know nothing about RV n Amechi from your write-ups. Do you know Timariv n Teachers employed under Amechi's govt?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Omoluabi16(m): 9:25am On Jun 14, 2019
rusher14:

You are being unnecessarily emotional.

Can you prove Amaechi sponsored thugs?

But I can prove Amaechi sponsored students.

It is well known that under Amaechi's government, cultism was at an all-time low in Rivers state.

Stop trying to find something to blame the man for.

This thread is about his child graduating from a foreign university and it is justified by he also sponsoring hundreds more to similar institutions.
OK..OK congrats to amaechi jnr for graduating from a foreign university.
Also big congrats to amaechi snr for 'sponsoring students'. Also congrats to Rivers state and Nigeria for this glorious achievement.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by subcbouy: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2019
genuinechimere:

A friend of mine studied abroad through Amaechi's scholarship. Neither she nor the family had any link to Amaechi's Government. She just applied and got it.
Even extend it to Deltans. A friend studied MSc in Applied Geoscience

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Entrance To Boko Haram Underground Silo Discovered By Nigerian Army (photo) / This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic / Veterinary Doctor Reacts With A Cow To Buhari's Comments On Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.