Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son (63397 Views)

Should I Take Permission From Simon Ekpa To Fix My Wedding In Anambra? / Rotimi Amaechi Graduates With Law Degree From Baze University (Photos) / Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by balonaija(f): 9:32am On Jun 14, 2019
I don't know.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 14, 2019
rusher14:

You are being unnecessarily emotional.

Can you prove Amaechi sponsored thugs?

But I can prove Amaechi sponsored students.

It is well known that under Amaechi's government, cultism was at an all-time low in Rivers state.

Stop trying to find something to blame the man for.

This thread is about his child graduating from a foreign university and it is justified by he also sponsoring hundreds more to similar institutions.
subcbouy:
Go seat down! joor! You live in PH ni? Amechi worked while he was governor of RV

I myself am aware of what Amaerchi did....but even then, I have a lot of issues with it.

Amaechi established a lot of schools, and also focused on kindergartgen educaiton (something I have never seen a state governor do).

The problem is, what next??

How are you going to sustainably fund those schools, on school fees that are very very low?

In the 1970's, the Nigerian government established a lot of schools at all levels, and even built lots of new ones. Decades later, those schools are in a mess...because there was no way they could be sustainably funded on the amount of money we earn yearly.(Fees could be increased...but that is anti-people...so)

That's why I also oppose his transport unviersity initiative. We quite simply don't have the money.

I went to a private primary school, despite living within walking distance of three government schools...because my parents got good value for money. Government schools...almost free of charge...low fees...no money for funding things like desks, school materials, even painting the school The private school I went to had high fees. We also got new exercise books every year, had old books replaced with new ones, textbooks, a school library, etc.

Amaechi's APC cronies too are practicing negative economics. We could save a lot of money for educaiton if we ended subsides in power, and for petrol, and also made unviersites public-private, as well as Federal secondary shcools public private....but they are anti-people.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by subcbouy: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2019
tactius:

I myself am aware of what Amaerchi did....but even then, I have a lot of issues with it.

Amaechi established a lot of schools, and also focused on kindergartgen educaiton (something I have never seen a state governor do).

How are you going to sustainably fund those schools, on school fees that are very very low?

In the 1970's, the Nigerian government established a lot of schools at all levels, and even built lots of new ones. Decades later, those schools are in a mess...because there was no way they could be sustainably funded on the amount of money we earn yearly.(Fees could be increased...but that is anti-people...so)

That's why I also oppose his transport unviersity initiative. We quite simply don't have the money.

I went to a private primary school, despite living within walking distance of three government schools...because my parents got good value for money. Government schools...almost free of charge...low fees...no money for funding things like desks, school materials, even painting the school The private school I went to had high fees. We also got new exercise books every year, had old books replaced with new ones, textbooks, a school library, etc.

Amaechi's APC cronies too are practicing negative economics. We could save a lot of money for educaiton if we ended subsides in power, and for petrol, and also made unviersites public-private, as well as Federal secondary shcools public private....but they are anti-people.
Let Wike beat our imagination by solving the problems you stated. Unfortunately, we don't practice continuity in project.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by cooooooks(m): 9:42am On Jun 14, 2019
Simon Fraser is not one of the best schools in Canada.

Also, to be fair to Amaechi, he continued the overseas scholarships Odili started. Many such scholars were sent to Simon Fraser University. Wike canceled it after his election.

Vex for someone else.

delugajackson:
They send their children to the best schools abroad. Ensure their safety in a safe and civilized environment. Secure their future and the future of their generations unborn. Have you ever wondered why these politicians do not send their children down here to engage in their political warfare? Yet some senseless youths kill themselves over them for the sake of blind loyalty, sabotaging their future in the name of cultism, ballot-snatching, thuggery and other vices.

Some of them are here on Nairaland defending their incompetency for crumbs, hurling abuses at each other while they loot away their future in their very eyes. Woe betide any youth of this country that fights for any politician. Its about time you all realized that these politicians do not care about you, you're just being used as a pawn to do their dirty jobs and satisfy their selfish interests, only to be discarded once they achieve their aim. To whom brain is given, sense is expected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Deo1986(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2019
Awolowo, Zik, Belewa, Shagari, Tinubu, others who de hear their childrens name? last, last they all end up irrelevant as graduates from school of hard knock takes over..
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by subcbouy: 9:48am On Jun 14, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Obinna in Canada while Amaechi kills the remaining in tigers state with will.

Moreover I doubt if the real name is Obinna.

Rivers State don't answer such names.
Is English man named Robert similar to a man, Yoruba Origin, whose name is also Robert?
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by rusher14: 9:49am On Jun 14, 2019
tactius:

The government is buying time on subsidies.

Once the private refineries are running, subsidies go through the window.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by maursatt: 9:49am On Jun 14, 2019
The children will even come back to rule over the people, that is how they recycle the system.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 14, 2019
rusher14:

The government is buying time on subsidies.

Once the private refineries are running, subsidies go through the window.

I wish I had your optimisim.

In my opinion, we need more refineres than just Dangote and the few modular refiemreis we are building to produce enough for domestic consumption.

Plus, even back in the day when all our refining needs weremet domestically, we still had subsides (which is a big reason why NNPC's refienreis are in a bad state). Nigerians are too pro-subsidy...even at the detriment of our economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by rusher14: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2019
tactius:

I wish I had your optimisim.

In my opinion, we need more refineres than just Dangote and the few modular refiemreis we are building to produce enough for domestic consumption.

Plus, even back in the day when all our refining needs weremet domestically, we still had subsides (which is a big reason why NNPC's refienreis are in a bad state). Nigerians are too pro-subsidy...even at the detriment of our economy

We'll see when the time comes.

Personally however, I have a grudge with Dangote because his refinery is taking too long and something deep inside tells me it is deliberate.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Heineken(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2019
rusher14:

Amaechi sent hundreds of Rivers state indigenes abroad for studies.
bro stop supporting these people. They are evil, corrupt and cruel.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 14, 2019
grin

Welcome to inside life.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by rusher14: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2019
Heineken:
bro stop supporting these people. They are evil, corrupt and cruel.

Look, I once assumed Amaechi to be same same until I started seeing loads and loads of Rivers state indigenes in the UK, on scholarship from the state government.

There are many issues you may vilify Amaechi for, but this issue of foreign education for his own son is not one.

He has done the same for others, and i see no reason why his own son should not enjoy same.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by picowire: 10:12am On Jun 14, 2019
Amaechi son graduate from Assuu, most of all this people we never allow there children to school here .Nigerian is sick need to rebuild this Nation make things work i seen no future here politician don't care they use there money to buy peoples mind,stop collecting money from them as them to do the right thing

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by HegenIkomkeh(m): 10:13am On Jun 14, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
gej will never forget this man
Lol grin you wish.

GEJ has not only moved on,he has surged higher and is respected and admired around the world,you are here talking rubbish.
Craze man.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by IamFAM: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2019
this is the erosion killing this country and its only a matter of time before we see a case of . these children will become leaders or be put in leadership position tomorrow and they will do the same thing because to them it is right. our monies are being packed abroad and their countries have better economies. But here we are, suffering, our economy is dying. just imagine.....if every political, religious and any other key person all sends their children abroad for schooling, what is then left of our Economy? leaders are not exemplary
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by PrinzCarter(m): 10:18am On Jun 14, 2019
Chai dere is God oo and boys for university dey do cult shit come dey work for this politicians but dere kids dey abroad last last wisdom is given but na the application be the main tin
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Spacewalker(m): 10:21am On Jun 14, 2019
Hmmm..A lot of people here are defending Amaechi because he sent some other people's children abroad,as if that is what he should do..His son school's in Canada and many persons are not bothered about it because his son is not the only one who was sent abroad ...

Normally one would have expected him to show example by sending the boy to a Nigerian institution to show solidarity and patriotism for Nigeria..But ofcos ,Nigerian universities are in shambles so why should he send his precious son to a school that is not befitting of his status as a former governor and minister..

Then the solution to that should be a total overhaul of our Nigerian universities, because if a politician sends his children abroad for studies,he is indirectly investing in that country's economy..

Well,what do I know?

And as for those saying he sent others abroad ,u will tell me if that action is good for Nigeria or not undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by NextBuhari: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2019
Nigeria is in big trouble. This is because those who manage the system do not believe in the system!
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Enyimbamercedes: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2019
delugajackson:
They send their children to the best schools abroad. Ensure their safety in a safe and civilized environment. Secure their future and the future of their generations unborn. Have you ever wondered why these politicians do not send their children down here to engage in their political warfare? Yet some senseless youths kill themselves over them for the sake of blind loyalty, sabotaging their future in the name of cultism, ballot-snatching, thuggery and other vices.

Some of them are here on Nairaland defending their incompetency for crumbs, hurling abuses at each other while they loot away their future in their very eyes. Woe betide any youth of this country that fights for any politician. Its about time you all realized that these politicians do not care about you, you're just being used as a pawn to do their dirty jobs and satisfy their selfish interests, only to be discarded once they achieve their aim. To whom brain is given, sense is expected.

Please the Nairalanders on this table should feel free to put their hands up!

1 Like

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by AsiwajuAdedapo(m): 10:41am On Jun 14, 2019
if you die for any politician you are the most miserable fellow.... no apology.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by GenFunction: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2019
why him boy no go RIVERS STATE UNI?
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by patfenda(m): 10:52am On Jun 14, 2019
stephenduru:
Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, immediate past Minister of Transportation & South South APC leader attended the graduation of his son, Obinna Amaechi from Simon Fraser University, Canada.

Congratulations Obinna!See more photos below

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/06/amaechi-poses-with-his-son-as-he.html
awww.congrats to u my name sake
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by barinedan(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2019
After Sending Their Children To Foreign Schools, they Will Come To Nigeria And Buy Guns, charms And Emulets for some Our Foolish Youths To In And Waste Lives And destroy Properties
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by bewla(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2019
GOFRONT:
Congratulations!!!
By which mother
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Okezedan(m): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2019
This country. Tears for Naija
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by 1234IKECHhukwu: 11:12am On Jun 14, 2019
Mehn,this guy looks hungry.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by MrMoney55: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2019
wetin concern GEJ with this topic it shows how shalow minded you are instead of talking about what is posted GEJ doesnt care about him for uer info so get a life
babyfaceafrica:
gej will never forget this man
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by Doktajay5: 11:18am On Jun 14, 2019
delugajackson:

How long sha we continue to wail upon seeing these pix... Save ur self the energy and working urself up. U just can't help but seeorenof it. Neither will ur sermon change youths from fighting and dying for them.... U'll see Rochas own soon, what of Wike oshiomohle etc... #smh
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by DBossNG(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2019
Guyman02:
Because he helped Buhari to power with Rivers state money Yoruba Muslims will not see this as unbecoming of our political leaders, sending their kids to study abroad while our local institutions are left to rotsad

What is it with Yoruba Muslims? Can't you be untribalistic at once?

2 Likes

Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by choice92(f): 11:28am On Jun 14, 2019
And some Nigerians are saying congratulations? No wonder we are treated like this.
Re: Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son by prittypet(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2019
future is secured , while am still here seeking for job.. this country is a mess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stampede Kills People At APC Rally In Rivers Today (Pictures) / Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S / El-Rufai: The Clown Didn’t Even Know That I Am From Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.