Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,316 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says (30185 Views)

Durojaiye Ogunsanya: Purported Tinubu Classmate Doesn't Exist —David Hundeyin / 2023: Okorocha Says Umahi, Peter Obi Cannot Stop Him / “Africans Are Lazy” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Says (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Abdulazeez99: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
The senator representing Imo West Senatorial District and former Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha, has noted that “Igbo presidency” does not exist, Igbere TV reports.

While speaking on Thursday after he was sworn into the Senate, he stated that if Southeast wants power, they have to fight for it.

He said: “Power is not given, power is taken. The south-east cannot just fold their arms and expect power to be given to them just because you want power. Power does not go with sentiment some of the times, it’s on issues on ground.

“So you cannot be talking about Igbo presidency, it doesn’t exist. We may be talking about Nigeria’s president of Igbo extraction but that depends on what other geo-political zones think about the issue.

“For me, what is important is let power be given to somebody who has something upstairs, who can put food on the table of common man irrespective of religion or where you come from.”

The former governor also said it would be “very surprising” to see the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) appeal the verdict compelling it to issue him a certificate of return.

“Duress means using mild or excessive force to compel someone to do something he or she does not want to do,” he said.

“How would you have done that in a returning hall where you have police, SSS and party agents? And in my own person walking with gun or machete asking them to write result on my behalf.

“That didn’t happen. I think there is more to duress than duress itself”, he argued.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/775593/just-in-igbo-presidency-does-not-exist-senator-okorocha-says/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Skyfornia(m): 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Rochas it is time to shut up...na too much talk talk land Naira Marley inside prison.

100 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Kingosytex(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Okorocha is right ===>"power is not given, power is taken"

141 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by myddmodnabastard: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
you don find your voice back iberiberism

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Jayslicky: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
Ibeberism don start again, only an idiot will refuse to learn, instead of keeping shut, he keeps making unnecessary rants.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by freeze001(f): 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2019
“For me, what is important is let power be given to somebody who has something upstairs, who can put food on the table of common man irrespective of religion or where you come from.

First he says 'power is not given but taken', then he says let power be given to... Which is it really? Who says the one that takes power may necessarily have anything in his head other than the supposed 'numbers' and an ethnic supremacy agenda? Nigeria as currently constituted is not particularly conducive for intelligent persons to actually do their jobs; everything must be laced with political/religious considerations and the my-people-are-more-important-than-yours syndrome.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
Truly Igbo presidency doesn't exist , we don't need it we just want to be on our own.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by TheFacelessMan: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
grin

He would be eaten alive here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by AYHOMESINVEST: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
Hmmmm....Nigeria my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
This is just the truth cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by femtex007(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
Tell them bro. They cannot reap where they did not sow

15 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by IjebuWarrior: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
angry
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by NwaJozi: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
cry
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by blackaxe78: 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
Cos of hate, they still wont believe Okorocha

The truth is that, It will be easier for a Congolese to rule Nigeria, than for an Igbo man

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by dipopooo(m): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
Sound it very well to their ears senator okorocha...

Igbos always do their things upsidedown... Imagine, they supported Atiku against Buhari, Agbaje in Lagos against Sanwoolu and Ndume against Lawal... Haba na curse? Always support losers

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by iammo(m): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
grin

I looooooove it !!! when yamrees attack and destroy Okorocha and Orji Kalu.

I looooove it!!! Even more if they say they don't need national power and ask.whats the use of National power....

Lekki freezone,
Dangote Refinery,
UI, Covenant best Uni,
Functional Ports(sea,land and air)
Standard Guage connecting 3 out 6 SW states.

Who is fooling who?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by ednut1(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
Regardless of the tribe of the president , we all still suffer

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Mayydayy(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
There is something I try so hard to understand about the issue of Igbo and the Nigerian presidency.
Has any tribe in Nigeria ever felt better than the others because their own tribeman is the president or head of state.
The Fulani ethnic group has had the highest number of heads of state/presidents ruling this nation,are they better off socially and economically than the Igbos.
The Yoruba too has had their own share of leadership at the apex in this country, are they better off than the igbos too?

I think it doesn't matter who becomes what in this godforsaken country.what matters is who is better off in this hell called Nigeria.people like the emperor,Rochas only work for what benefits them and not what will benefit the larger populace.
He thinks himself the best and most qualified Igbo man for the post of Nigerian presidency.
He failed in IMO and will keep failing.He had an opportunity to prove his own difference in IMO but failed.let him cry over spilled milk for the test of his life. Who cares.
And my advice to the Igbos:
1.know yourself
2.no tribe is exempted from the hell we are going through in this country including the people in the presidents backyard,Daura.
3.Individualism is the king in this country.make money,build house/s,marry a fine wife,have beautiful children and above all,be happy.
4.sit back and watch. This current system will eventually swallow itself and you will have nothing to lose.

55 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Chukwurah003: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2019
Makes sense
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Rexnegro(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2019
when u guys play exclusive politics nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Pidginwhisper: 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
grin
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by barrypro: 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video Of Peter Obi Supporter Who Couldn't Identify His Party On Ballot Paper. / Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 / Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.