Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says (30190 Views)

Durojaiye Ogunsanya: Purported Tinubu Classmate Doesn't Exist —David Hundeyin / 2023: Okorocha Says Umahi, Peter Obi Cannot Stop Him / “Africans Are Lazy” – Governor Rochas Okorocha Says (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Guyman02: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mayydayy:
There is something I try so hard to understand about the issue of Igbo and the Nigerian presidency.
Has any tribe in Nigeria ever felt better than the others because their own tribeman is the president or head of state.
The Fulani ethnic group has had the highest number of heads of state/presidents ruling this nation,are they better off socially and economically than the Igbos.
The Yoruba too has had their own share of leadership at the apex in this country, are they better off than the Igbos too?

And my advice to the Igbos:
1.know yourself
2.no tribe is exempted from the hell we are going through in this country including the people in the presidents backyard,Daura.
3.Individualism is the king in this country.make money,build house/s,marry a fine wife,have beautiful children and above all,be happy.
4.sit back and watch. This current system will eventually swallow itself and you will have nothing to lose.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by webizone(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

Only works in short time. As you water others so also you get watered.Check out the life of every great man, they invest a lot in others. Individualism is for small minds.
Very true. However, this is Nigeria where individualism has been adopted. So, goodluck on being the best individual you can be.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
iammo:

hahahaaaa.

sure just as abakaliki and kano are nigerian Territory until a seperationist referendum exist or till indegines start asking you to piont to your fathers house or ask for your 99 years lease Cof O that you dont have, and omo onile intimidate you, while iyaloja take tax from you...
Yes, Kano, Abakiliki n Lagos are all Nigerian territory.

No one will ever ask u to point ur father's house as a condition to exist in a state in Nigeria.

And pls yorubas stop insulting urself about what a 99 year lease means, it presents u guys are very silly n uneducated about how land ownership in Nigeria.

Meanwhile the bonafide Omo onile in Lagos aren't yorubas, except the rogue IGBOs and yorubas in thr business cheesy
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Kennydoc(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
dipopooo:
Sound it very well to their ears senator okorocha...

Igbos always do their things upsidedown... Imagine, they supported Atiku against Buhari, Agbaje in Lagos against Sanwoolu and Ndume against Lawal... Haba na curse? Always support losers

For the point in bold, so what's the big deal there? Apart from Ndume, the other 2 were PDP candidates and Igbos supported them.

I don't agree that Igbos supported Ndume against Lawal. The truth is that many Igbos weren't much interested in that Senate presidency elections cos all the candidates were from the North East and none of them was a PDP candidate, so it didn't really matter to Igbos whichever of them that won. As soon as Goje stepped down, most Igbos knew it was all over. The little noise against Lawal was just to show they were completely opposed to APC.

Talking about supporting 'losers', the people of Katsina, Borno, Yobe, Kano, etc had been voting massively for Buhari since 2003. It took 12 years for the candidate who had been a perpetual loser to win. That's how life is. Nothing lasts forever.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Williamhill001: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
Shut the Bleep up and Bleep off!!
win3k:
IGBO PEOPLE SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON STOPPING THEIR CHILDREN DEALING DRUGS AND 419 ALL OVER THE WORLD USING NIGERIAN PASSPORTS!

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by kikake: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
Abdulazeez99:
The senator representing Imo West Senatorial District and former Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha, has noted that “Igbo presidency” does not exist, Igbere TV reports.

While speaking on Thursday after he was sworn into the Senate, he stated that if Southeast wants power, they have to fight for it.

He said: “Power is not given, power is taken. The south-east cannot just fold their arms and expect power to be given to them just because you want power. Power does not go with sentiment some of the times, it’s on issues on ground.

“So you cannot be talking about Igbo presidency, it doesn’t exist. We may be talking about Nigeria’s president of Igbo extraction but that depends on what other geo-political zones think about the issue.

“For me, what is important is let power be given to somebody who has something upstairs, who can put food on the table of common man irrespective of religion or where you come from.”

The former governor also said it would be “very surprising” to see the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) appeal the verdict compelling it to issue him a certificate of return.

“Duress means using mild or excessive force to compel someone to do something he or she does not want to do,” he said.

“How would you have done that in a returning hall where you have police, SSS and party agents? And in my own person walking with gun or machete asking them to write result on my behalf.

“That didn’t happen. I think there is more to duress than duress itself”, he argued.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/775593/just-in-igbo-presidency-does-not-exist-senator-okorocha-says/

MOST SELFISH POLITICIAN OF IGBO EXTRACTION - AS EVER: ROCHAS OKOROCHA.

Singing to the gallery of anti Igbo politicians, all for INEC to not pursue an appeal against Justice Abang's judgement.

Okorocha could not win senatorial election in his Orlu senatorial constituency because he built nearly every thing he considered development project in Owerri because of his belief that more people would see his grandiose and vainglorious projects in Owerri to consider him a good presidential material.

His senatorial zone with major towns in it deteriorated in eight years of Okorocha as governor of Imo state
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by kikake: 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
Kingosytex:
Okorocha is right ===>"power is not given, power is taken"

Shut the trap up.
In a multi ethnic country with unitary govt system as Nigeria, power is given through rotation of presidency among the ethnic groups for the sake of unity, peace and development.

If you don't rotate power, you develop your area only with resources in your area, not Abuja govt collect revenues from all over the country, then you run to Abuja every month to collect federal allocations.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by idonhammer: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mayydayy:
There is something I try so hard to understand about the issue of Igbo and the Nigerian presidency.
Has any tribe in Nigeria ever felt better than the others because their own tribeman is the president or head of state.
The Fulani ethnic group has had the highest number of heads of state/presidents ruling this nation,are they better off socially and economically than the Igbos.
The Yoruba too has had their own share of leadership at the apex in this country, are they better off than the igbos too?

I think it doesn't matter who becomes what in this godforsaken country.what matters is who is better off in this hell called Nigeria.people like the emperor,Rochas only work for what benefits them and not what will benefit the larger populace.
He thinks himself the best and most qualified Igbo man for the post of Nigerian presidency.
He failed in IMO and will keep failing.He had an opportunity to prove his own difference in IMO but failed.let him cry over spilled milk for the test of his life. Who cares.
1.know yourself
2.no tribe is exempted from the hell we are going through in this country including the people in the presidents backyard,Daura.
3.Individualism is the king in this country.make money,build house/s,marry a fine wife,have beautiful children and above all,be happy.
4.sit back and watch. This current system will eventually swallow itself and you will have nothing to lose.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Kingosytex(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
kikake:

Shut the trap up.
In a multi ethnic country with unitary govt system as Nigeria, power is given through rotation of presidency among the ethnic groups for the sake of unity, peace and development.

If you don't rotate power, you develop your area only with resources in your area, not Abuja govt collect revenues from all over the country, then you run to Abuja every month to collect federal allocations.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by kikake: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2019
Kingosytex:

Mindset of a dud from the most shophistiwretched group in Nigeria.

Okorocha is singing to the gallery for his selfish interest. He sings to make INEC not follow up with appeal against his Senate seat.
He knows he didn't win or merit the Senate seat given his maltreatment to the zone he wants to represent.

If you don't rotate power in Nigeria among the ethnic groups, and refuse resource control and fiscal federalism, Nigeria dies from conflicts at the end; take this to the Central Bank.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by dipopooo(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2019
Kennydoc:

For the point in bold, so what's the big deal there? Apart from Ndume, the other 2 were PDP candidates and Igbos supported them.

I don't agree that Igbos supported Ndume against Lawal. The truth is that many Igbos weren't much interested in that Senate presidency elections cos all the candidates were from the North East and none of them was a PDP candidate, so it didn't really matter to Igbos whichever of them that won. As soon as [b]Goje stepped down, most Igbos knew it was all over. [/b]The little noise against Lawal was just to show they were completely opposed to APC.

Talking about supporting 'losers', the people of [b]Katsina, Borno, Yobe, Kano, etc had been voting massively for Buhari since 2003. It took 12 years for the candidate [/b]who had been a perpetual loser to win. That's how life is. Nothing lasts forever.

For the points in bold, wink Goje is not Igbo and he's an APC member but igbo supported him. Those states in the north you mentioned were voting massively for Buhari because he's their own but Atiku and Agbaje Igbo are not igbo
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by webizone(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
NkayStory:

So what?..your people are sinking more and more into abject poverty,degredation and lack,in addition to terrorism,kidnapoing,banditry..name it!

Boy Nigeria is a mess only staying alive by life-support..reason why many of us who can afford it are getting a second pass-port while those of you at the bottom of the food-chain are left with a useless green passport no one wants to associate with.

joke is on you.
Please help, I want a second passport too. How do I get one to a decent country?
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Kennydoc(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2019
dipopooo:

For the points in bold, wink Goje is not Igbo and he's an APC member but igbo supported him. Those states in the north you mentioned were voting massively for Buhari because he's their own but Atiku and Agbaje Igbo are not igbo

Igbos supported Atiku and Agbaje cos of PDP, not that they are Igbos. Didn't Yorubas support Buhari? Is Buhari Yoruba? It's not just about Buhari being their own cos even when Buhari contested against Yar'Adua, they also voted massively for Buhari against Yar'Adua who was equally their son.
I made mention of support for Buhari to show that the fact that a few of the people Igbos supported in recent times failed doesn't mean all the people Igbos support will always fail. APC won't be in power forever. No party rules perpetually, so also APC will fail one day, even if not in 2023, it will be either 2027 or 2031.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Abuloma80(f): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
Kingosytex:

Waooh l happened to be the 100th person to like your post.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by nwanyionitsha: 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
win3k:
IGBO PEOPLE SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON STOPPING THEIR CHILDREN DEALING DRUGS AND 419 ALL OVER THE WORLD USING NIGERIAN PASSPORTS!

yoruba people should concentrate on stopping their children from digging grave for human parts for rituals. They need to teach their children to strive and work hard. .
Baddo, yahoo-yahoo, cultism and hiding hard drugs in hijab will not get you rich.
Mc oluomo shouldnt be a role model.
Umu agbero. Tueh....
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by nwanyionitsha: 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
dipopooo:
Sound it very well to their ears senator okorocha...

Igbos always do their things upsidedown... Imagine, they supported Atiku against Buhari, Agbaje in Lagos against Sanwoolu and Ndume against Lawal... Haba na curse? Always support losers
yoruba,dem curse una ?
Imagine oluomo an agbero is your role model. Tinubu a drug baron controls your region. Tueh.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by nwanyionitsha: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
iammo:
grin

I looooooove it !!! when yamrees attack and destroy Okorocha and Orji Kalu.

I looooove it!!! Even more if they say they don't need national power and ask.whats the use of National power....

Lekki freezone,
Dangote Refinery,
UI, Covenant best Uni,
Functional Ports(sea,land and air)
Standard Guage connecting 3 out 6 SW states.

Who is fooling who?

afonja,nwa odudunwa, stop crying.
I hope you now have 24hrs electricity.?
I saw many yoruba people at the embassy the other day.
Why cant they stay and enjoy your fake rubbish.
The one that visited the other day, fulani herdsmen raped her, humiliated her family.
Take your fake benefits and get lost.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by dododawa1: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
webizone:
If that is your own reason, then the Igbos are the victims here. Why? Because, when the war ended, after casualities on BOTH sides, there was an act of RECONCILIATION, wasn't there? If you still hate them, then let them go and you live in peace.
you guys are the problem of this nation,I wish BUHARI consider Biafra freedom and let us live in peace.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Noccerino(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
iammo:
grin

I looooooove it !!! when yamrees attack and destroy Okorocha and Orji Kalu.

I looooove it!!! Even more if they say they don't need national power and ask.whats the use of National power....

Lekki freezone,
Dangote Refinery,
UI, Covenant best Uni,
Functional Ports(sea,land and air)
Standard Guage connecting 3 out 6 SW states.

Who is fooling who?

How does that make you richer than your igbo neighbors?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by dipopooo(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
yoruba,dem curse una ?
Imagine oluomo an agbero is your role model. Tinubu a drug baron controls your region. Tueh.

Not only our region... Tinubu controls the whole country. Are you happy now? Now single out a successful Igbo man in politics

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by freedomchild: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mayydayy:
The Yoruba too has had their own share of leadership at the apex in this country, are they better off than the igbos too?

I think it doesn't matter who becomes what in this godforsaken country.what matters is who is better off in this hell called Nigeria.people like the emperor,Rochas only work for what benefits them and not what will benefit the larger populace.
He thinks himself the best and most qualified Igbo man for the post of Nigerian presidency.
He failed in IMO and will keep failing.He had an opportunity to prove his own difference in IMO but failed.let him cry over spilled milk for the test of his life. Who cares.
1.know yourself
this is one of the best post I have seen this year

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Borlahr(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2019
"He said: “Power is not given, power is taken. The south-east cannot just fold their arms and expect power to be given to them just because you want power. Power does not go with sentiment some of the times, it’s on issues on ground." Golden truth from a true Easterner "Ewele Rochas Okorocha"

A word on marble to his kindred. He qent on saying the truth to them to get the Easterners liberated politically rather they named him a northerner instead of them cherish a true patriot of Eastern Origin.

South-Easterners, it is well, keep on waiting for manner to fall from heaven on your Nigeria presidency ambition. Go back to the drawing board to speak with one voice and give your total support to your credibly nominated candidate. Be mindful, it starts now ......
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by wink2015(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mayydayy:

1.know yourself

Nice point here !

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by FoolishBoy419: 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
africanusvu:
,okay my friend.but can you take a land trip from agbo to Aba.then from benin to ogbomosho and tell me actualy who needs the presidency most.i dnt see that we igbos cant get for ourselves that we will kill ourselves to get a president.pls have. Whole north turned to london after having presidency for 65yrs.have yoruba became paradiise after obj and others.okaay.i know GEJ turned otueke to paris after his 5yrs tenure.have any igbo man ever asked you for food both in ur school and home,turn around u.i knw there must be igbo there,did he look hungry,do you see igbo daughters.assess them and compared them to ur sisters,then,you,the clothe u ar puting on right now.phone.shoe.the electromics in ur house etc be fair are they mot from igbos.see kid.ur presidemt can only high custom futy on importatipn to harm igbos.but at the emd we will smugle it may be a bag of rice at 30k and sell it to u at katsina at 38k and stl make more profit.tje more u try to punish igbo man who holds ur economy amd commerce the more ur citizens suffer.dnt laugh at igboman politically rather cry for ur self economically.cos one blow on ignos is five blows to nigeria

Are you talking about Igbo people that constitute 80% of all the prostitutes in the north or the Igbos that i assist with food items in ABU?. When you want to lie/ chestbeat, do it with moderation

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Bridget95(f): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
dododawa1:
coup (Kaduna and co.)1966 and war(Biafra) 1967
Didn't Buhari commit a coup? wasn't murtala Muhammed killed by someone?

The reason is that igbo is the largest single Christian tribe in Nigeria against the other two Muslim ones.The other two want to keep power to themselves.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Funmisurge(m): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mayydayy:

1.know yourself

If we must say the truth, my advice to my people from Igbo extraction is to put sentiment, hatred and tribalism aside and embrace the united Nigeria. They cried more than the bereaved in most occasions. The political situation they found themselves today was as result of GEJ's defeat in 2015, after all, GEJ isn't an ndigbo. An ijaw origin from Bayelsa and most his people did not even call Buhari names the way an average Igbo does.
In just concluded election, there was a senator and two house rep members from Jonathan's small state bayelsa and here, Igbo people said over their dead bodies for APC in their lands.
I have been privileged to travelled to virtually every part of this countries, and in all fairness, the economic viable of S/E can't be compared to that of S/W and North simply because of political will of the latter regions. No matter the status of ur wealth, if don't have political will, u are more or less second fiddle in the system.
I know some people would still want to doubt about my reference to economic viable but it's indeed a reality. Despite the fact that, Anambra has some level of business activities yet, their IGR is far less than that of Ogun, Kaduna and even Kano state. The reason isn't far fetch, political power is missing. U can't use all ur hard earnings currency to attract high level of developmental goal to ur state solitarily. U need governmental influence and u can't see urselves better than other regions or see them as ur enemies to be entrusted with highest sovereignty of the country.
I think Yoruba's were able to realized this in time after the blunder of Awolowo that sees Hausa and perhaps Igbo's as his region enemy, with due respect to him, he played active opposition roles and he paid for it dearly, lost his brilliant first son and ended up in jail by government superintended by Hausa & Igbo coalition government of 1960's. That's power of government.
It's very sad that Igbo didn't see anything wrong from exclusion of Nigeria's government from 2015 - 2019 and they still made the same blunder in the just concluded general election. Admittedly, Igbo's are very industrious and business oriented but somebody somewhere make policies for that business, secure and protect that businesses. In this case, where are ur voices? Is a president, vice president, Senate president, DSP, Speaker or Deputy Speaker?
In area of security apparatus, nobody is ur image and yet, there isn't feeling of concern but rather continually singing; "we are better off". To me, I'm sacred!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by KevinAlasco: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2019
For those saying i love it,i love that who cares,igbos being president or not you can not storm igbo man being a shoe mender,selling sugar cane,being gateman,wandering with cow from east to west,if u guys think u can survive with igbos let them divide the country.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by dododawa1: 8:38am On Jun 15, 2019
Bridget95:
Didn't Buhari commit a coup? wasn't murtala Muhammed killed by someone?

The reason is that igbo is the largest single Christian tribe in Nigeria against the other two Muslim ones.The other two want to keep power to themselves.
(1)who did Buhari killed(2)who kill murtala,a Christian called DIMKA (3) single Christian tribe lol,30% of Igbo are traditional practice, U guys are tribalism and chrstbester.
Re: Igbo Presidency Doesn't Exist - Okorocha Says by Bridget95(f): 9:43am On Jun 15, 2019
dododawa1:
(1)who did Buhari killed(2)who kill murtala,a Christian called DIMKA (3) single Christian tribe lol,30% of Igbo are traditional practice, U guys are tribalism and chrstbester.
no responses to kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 / 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After / List Of PDP Gubernatorial Candidates In 27 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.