Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage (50785 Views)

Why Is The Federal Government Silent On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage Arrears? / Corpers Will Enjoy New Minimum Wage - Minister, Sunday Dare / NYSC Gives Update On Printing Of Call-up Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by ndaeyagi: 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
salbis:
Na 9,800 we chop dat tym oo.
E no reach 9,800 na 9,775
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by materialproject: 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
Next year
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Toks2008(m): 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
Nnadigoodluck:
Director-General, National Youth Service Corps, Shuaibu Ibrahim, has said the scheme will communicate to corps members when the payment of N30,000 new allowance would take off.

The DG stated this on Friday at a workshop/training on Freedom of Information Act for Desk Officers of the NYSC in Abuja.

When he was asked when the payment of N30,000 allowance for corps members would take-off, the DG said: “They will be communicated accordingly, please.”

The DG said the workshop is aimed at consolidating on the successes recorded by the scheme regarding the use of the FOIA.

Ibrahim said that the scheme had grappled with challenges, which were occasioned by “apparent lack of knowledge of our policies and operations by a section of the public.”

He urged Nigerians to familiarise themselves with the NYSC Act so as to understand better, the operations of the scheme and its role.

Ibrahim said: “Since the enactment of the Freedom of Information Act in 2011, the NYSC has been in the forefront of ensuring total compliance with the provisions of the Act.”

The NYSC Director of Press and Public Relations, Mrs Adenike Adeyemi, noted that the scheme had FOI community development service groups for corps members who assist in sensitising members of the public on the FOI Act.

Source- https://nyscinfo.com/breaking-nysc-dg-gives-update-on-the-payment-of-new-minimum-wage/

And it was N1500 during my time in 1998

1 Like

Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Gkemz: 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
30k minimum wage is still a joke until it's implemented.
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Jinad50: 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
FacelessKing:
It is quite sad that a country still subjects her citizens to a compulsory one year "national service".

Many loose their lives, many abducted.

I strongly believe this NYSC Should be Voluntary as it is practised in Ghana.
Bros e no day compulsory.

If u no wan go, u go collect letter.

Them no day force person.
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by harley88(m): 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2019
Senseless OP, senseless MOD, senseless Nairaland. Nothing was said in this piece of thrashy news.
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by oladayoxx: 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
Naija na scam .. Meanwhile check how I make $10 daily as a corp member
https://www.fiverr.com/s2/de109c86c0
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Youngkhaleepha3(m): 12:25am On Jun 15, 2019
We dey wait oo

Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 15, 2019
fatiuabdul:
Has the DG himself received 30,000 minimum wage?
Food for thought!!!
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by odim123(m): 4:24am On Jun 15, 2019
after they pass the new minimum wage into law na committee and story we just dey hear; when will they start paying their workers?

Are you a businessman/woman, do you have a product or service you want to promote online, are you an affiliate marketer that desire massive leads that convert, do you own a school or what exactly do you do that you want the entire world to know?

Marketing online is beyond just posting or placing adverts online. That is why if you want success in your business and through the internet, you need to learn how to do it...

get full details here = https://www.nairaland.com/5245535/let-us-teach-digital-media#79341749
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:36am On Jun 15, 2019
Those responsible for the implementation of the minimum wage,should as a matter of utmost urgency be made to understand that they are breaking the Law,new minimum wage is now law,and must be implemented,Nigerian workers dont want arrears,start payment immediately!
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by IsaAbubakar: 5:44am On Jun 15, 2019
[s]
zibya:
Shatap and go to bed
[/s]

Trash

Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Jhon9: 6:55am On Jun 15, 2019
Story
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by TheControversy: 7:02am On Jun 15, 2019
In other words "I don't know"
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Nat404: 7:08am On Jun 15, 2019
That's so absurd. The country remains in total shambles.
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Joekaynews(m): 7:11am On Jun 15, 2019
Nnadigoodluck:
Director-General, National Youth Service Corps, Shuaibu Ibrahim, has said the scheme will communicate to corps members when the payment of N30,000 new allowance would take off.

The DG stated this on Friday at a workshop/training on Freedom of Information Act for Desk Officers of the NYSC in Abuja.

When he was asked when the payment of N30,000 allowance for corps members would take-off, the DG said: “They will be communicated accordingly, please.”

The DG said the workshop is aimed at consolidating on the successes recorded by the scheme regarding the use of the FOIA.

Ibrahim said that the scheme had grappled with challenges, which were occasioned by “apparent lack of knowledge of our policies and operations by a section of the public.”

He urged Nigerians to familiarise themselves with the NYSC Act so as to understand better, the operations of the scheme and its role.

Ibrahim said: “Since the enactment of the Freedom of Information Act in 2011, the NYSC has been in the forefront of ensuring total compliance with the provisions of the Act.”

The NYSC Director of Press and Public Relations, Mrs Adenike Adeyemi, noted that the scheme had FOI community development service groups for corps members who assist in sensitising members of the public on the FOI Act.

Source- https://nyscinfo.com/breaking-nysc-dg-gives-update-on-the-payment-of-new-minimum-wage/

"They will be communicated accordingly, please."

And that communication could take eternity to come.
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by macfish101(m): 7:12am On Jun 15, 2019
It's better to stop wasting youth lives in the name of NYSC. It's a big scam

1 Like

Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:17am On Jun 15, 2019
NYSC cannot do anything until the federal gov't implements the bill that has already been signed into law....so simply tell the corps members, you are waiting for the FG directives than this long talk....
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by BrokenCock: 9:10am On Jun 15, 2019
scam
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Brainiacbbb(m): 9:31am On Jun 15, 2019
zinosleek:
Workers never know when their own won commence, corpers dey ginger. We dey go slow mood, make dem wait
What are you saying.
Corpers are not workers?
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by FacelessKing: 10:04am On Jun 15, 2019
Which letter?

Jinad50:
Bros e no day compulsory.

If u no wan go, u go collect letter.

Them no day force person.
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Onliie(m): 10:40am On Jun 15, 2019
This is not an update.
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Jinad50: 11:49am On Jun 15, 2019
FacelessKing:
Which letter?
Exemption letter.
Re: NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage by Exodora: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2019
They should pay me my May allowance first I take God beg them. They just paid some corps member and I happened to fall in the line of the unpaid. They should pay me my MAY 19,800
alliance first I come can't come and kill self na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corper Wraps Pounded Yam With His Khaki In Jos, Plateau State / Corper Omaka Samuel Dike Executes 5 Community Projects Within 5 Months / My NYSC Personal CDS Projects In Anambra. Thanks To GOD For The Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.