Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak (58749 Views)

No More 'Twitter For Iphone' & 'Twitter For Android' / It's Official: Elon Musk Is Buying Twitter For $54.20/Share & Taking It Private / MAN TROLLED ON Twitter For Reporting Airtel Data And Airtime Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Meekmusa: 6:18am On Jun 16, 2019
IdreamOfUnicorn:
*131*5*7*1*1#

I think it's not working again
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Dbestofmasquar(m): 6:22am On Jun 16, 2019
I was part of the early gotta of the gigs lol. I posted the cheat on nairaland but the trend got removed. I downloaded over 50movies and 2TV series, MTN 4G nah bastard, its blazing like rocket, i was surprise have used 250GB remain 89. Mtn wipped it off at exactly 12am.

3 Likes

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Bluehill1051: 6:25am On Jun 16, 2019
Which time them do this cheat wey I no know shocked
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Deepfeel(m): 6:38am On Jun 16, 2019
Lol MTN should give that snitch a job grin
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by deltateam: 6:42am On Jun 16, 2019
Andersonjr:
This guy na bad belle because he no get MTN sim to do the cheat he wan kon ruin other people opportunity he even say make they block their sim card haba.. Yeye person

His act would have been commendable if he hadn't added the reason he didn't participate as being not having MTN sim card.

That means he's worse.

2 Likes

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by ehinmowo: 6:58am On Jun 16, 2019
tactius:
Thing is, if we all use cheat codes, we cheat the company out of income...which would lead to the company losing income...which would lead to the company closing shop in Nigeria...which would lead to massive job loses.

And it isn't just job losses for those working for MTN...it would be job loses for data resellers, scratch card salespeople, and so on.

And the impact on our economy would be harsh.

I know many people think MTN is ripping us off...but let's be frank, MTN is a business. Many of you who would quote me to insult me run businesses. You won't like it if people used your products for free.

MTN will take its business elsewhere...and Nigeria will suffer.

So, to the man who reported the leak....thank you. You are saving the jobs of millions of Nigerians. Carry go. Stealing is not good.

P.S...If you quote me to insult me and abuse me, I shall report you to the mods. Be polite in your responses please.

You missed the point. The guy did not report because he was honest. Rather he reported because he did not have MTN SIM to do it. Read his comment well. The dude is as crooked as those using it (I no be saint too. I have used cheat before biko)

2 Likes

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by H2Ossss(m): 7:02am On Jun 16, 2019
tactius:

I recall all of that...and the money was invested into building all the infrastructure like antenna, generators, base stations, backbone, etc that keeps their network running. And prices did come down by the way.

That's why we can use the internet at home in many places among other things.

Stealing is still wrong last time I checked.

Did you follow them in investing it Better still the money was taken to SA... theres much you might not know... that I probably do... and this is not a forum to let everything bare.. Stealing is wrong yes... they also stole and still steal from us....

1 Like

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by ashawopikin(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2019
ikbnice:
Sometimes, I wonder what people gain from being such a snitch. I think it is the highest form of 'badbellerism'.
him want make MTN employ am
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by ceaser: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2019
Thayoreey:
Pls who knows how to share data on mtn?

https://www.legit.ng/1095049-how-transfer-data-mtn-nigeria.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4005116516
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Elliot2(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2019
sugacoatedmouth:
Never mind about that lemme subscribe data for you
Father xmas
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2019
To everyone:

Are you experiencing emergency call only on your mtn sim?
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:34am On Jun 16, 2019
ken6488:
i posted it twice got removed.................. angry

i was lucky to avoid ban
hmmm ok o
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Alvin007: 9:10am On Jun 16, 2019
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Legolast: 9:30am On Jun 16, 2019
Novartis:
I got 156 gig on 2 sims

My sister also got 156 gig on her sim and my gf got 156 gig twice on one sim and 156 gig on another of her sim

We were so happy
Now it’s time to chop back wetin mtn don chop from us

Can the data be shared? If yes, abeg help a brother 07064658830

Thanks
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Legolast: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2019
Novartis:
I got 156 gig on 2 sims

My sister also got 156 gig on her sim and my gf got 156 gig twice on one sim and 156 gig on another of her sim

We were so happy
Now it’s time to chop back wetin mtn don chop from us
Can the data be shared? If yes, abeg help a brother 07064658830

Thanks
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by SirLakes: 10:59am On Jun 16, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
there is anger and frustration in the land.those guys would not mind giving him jungle justice if possible
If to say dem fit catch the reporter, hehe na die hin dey cheesy
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2019
Meekmusa:

I think it's not working again
yea
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Heineken(m): 11:26am On Jun 16, 2019
I wonder why I no see this code quickly before them block am.. Nairaland suppose bring news like this early but na only stupid post always...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by ken6488(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2019
Heineken:
I wonder why I no see this code quickly before them block am.. Nairaland suppose bring news like this early but na only stupid post always...

Which mod.....

I posted it twice and got removed

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by agentakins: 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
tactius:

I recall all of that...and the money was invested into building all the infrastructure like antenna, generators, base stations, backbone, etc that keeps their network running. And prices did come down by the way.

That's why we can use the internet at home in many places among other things.

Stealing is still wrong last time I checked.
Invest wetin?
So if I rob people of their valuables and use the proceeds to invest in a business, my robbery is justified, right?
If at all I want to pity any network, NOT MTN. NEVER!!!
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Zombiekiller010: 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
Dbestofmasquar:
I was part of the early gotta of the gigs lol. I posted the cheat on nairaland but the trend got removed. I downloaded over 50movies and 2TV series, MTN 4G nah bastard, its blazing like rocket, i was surprise have used 250GB remain 89. Mtn wipped it off at exactly 12am.
whats the code to check to balance
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Temian1: 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
I'm still using the cheat - to use it also goto this website acemeetme.com/register you will see the settings follow it and you are good to go
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by TemmyT002(m): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
ken6488:
[s][/s]

the amount of cash mtn have stolen from us you will not believe

Ha!!
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
This is why African cannot move forward. Africans hating on Africans, and for what? Because he didn’t have an MTN sim to join in the data sharing. Smh

1 Like

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by MartinsD12(m): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
Oyerinde16:

Process is on to suspend those lines for 24hrs and retrieve the data, Ogun punish that guy that reported, guy share me 1gig pere b4 them block am... O 8 I 6 5 5 4 5 O I 8..
Lol grin bad guy
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
Last comment on this topic.

To all those justifying the stealing from MTN on the grounds that they are 'ripping' Nigerians off...you people need to sit down and think a bit.

Back when MTN came into Nigeria in 2001...as the first GSM company in Nigeria....we did not have a GSM network in place. All the GSM network that we have today was built from scratch, with the high prices MTN charged for SIM in those days,and naturally there have been teething porblems and issues....even now, because the GSM network we are using is under construction.

And building the GSM network is not the only problem MTN faces. All the antenna and base stations are powered by generators. Which need petrol...which the GSM companies pay for every day.

It is thanks to the GSM companies lilke MTN investing in Nigeria that I can now type internet from my house in the city where I live. 16 years ago, I would have had to go to an internet cafe, pay by the hour, and many times get poor network(I recall one day when I paid for one hour...and got no network. Could not check email at all...sigh).

But the thing that bothers me about Nigerians is that you think that buisness men and women are out to rip you off. No they are not, they do not take your money and go and put it in one bank. They pay for staff, they pay to employ more staff, they pay to build more facilties and so on.

If we continue with this attitude...we will end up driving away a lot of investors from this country. And that means massive job losses, massive financial blow to this country. You cannot run a business and have customers take stuff you sell free of charge.Not only would you go bankrupt, you would be impoverished fast. I am sure that most of the people clapping for MTN data thieves are people who have never ever run a business in their lives. If they ran a business...they would soon realize that if people came and took your stuff for free....things would get worse.

Anyway, the issue is that if you feel MTN is abusing your rights as a customer...complain to your senator, to the Nigerian communications comission, etc. Part of the reason why we have improved services is because over 10 years ago...people complained and protested.

Let us not drive out MTN and any other investor by our stealing. I don't want to go back to the dark days of dial up internet....
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
agentakins:

Invest wetin?
So if I rob people of their valuables and use the proceeds to invest in a business, my robbery is justified, right?
If at all I want to pity any network, NOT MTN. NEVER!!!

First MTN is not robbing you. Most of the hiccups on their system come from the fact that the GSM network we are using in Nigeria is still a work in progress. (And it was far worse in 2003...around the time I got my first mobile line...and there was no internet).

Second, if you ran a business selling goods, and you sold some goods to me, and they were damaged in transit, and you refused to reimburse me, would that justify me coming into your shop and taking half of your inventory free of charge...because ?

The problem you have is that you have never run a business. You think that all businesses are out to rip you off.

And this your attitude is why we don't have as much investment in this country as we should. Because you think that the world owes you a living.

And MTN is not the only business in the tree. Five years ago, MTN 'ripped me off' (as you would put it) of N6000 for internet data, when I was using their dongle. And that was not the first time. After three fruitless days with their service people, I switched to Spectranet for internet services...and used it till I changed adresses two years ago.. which forced me to switch back to MTN (VIA mobbile hotspot). Though I may be moving back to Spectranet when I change adress again later this year. And Spectranet worked fine for me!

And no, I never used a cheat code. And yes, it costs me a lot to use data. (Though I am now increasingly using data resellers like Mightydata...good customer service, cheaper)
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by stchinedu: 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
ikbnice:
Sometimes, I wonder what people gain from being such a snitch. I think it is the highest form of 'badbellerism'.

What angered me is the fact that he did because he doesn't have mtn sim
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Mylovelife: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
aliondo:

How you mean?

They have removed the data. Abi them no reach ur side.?
Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
tactius:
Last comment on this topic.

To all those justifying the stealing from MTN on the grounds that they are 'ripping' Nigerians off...you people need to sit down and think a bit.

Back when MTN came into Nigeria in 2001...as the first GSM company in Nigeria....we did not have a GSM network in place. All the GSM network that we have today was built from scratch, with the high prices MTN charged for SIM in those days,and naturally there have been teething porblems and issues....even now, because the GSM network we are using is under construction.

And building the GSM network is not the only problem MTN faces. All the antenna and base stations are powered by generators. Which need petrol...which the GSM companies pay for every day.

It is thanks to the GSM companies lilke MTN investing in Nigeria that I can now type internet from my house in the city where I live. 16 years ago, I would have had to go to an internet cafe, pay by the hour, and many times get poor network(I recall one day when I paid for one hour...and got no network. Could not check email at all...sigh).

But the thing that bothers me about Nigerians is that you think that buisness men and women are out to rip you off. No they are not, they do not take your money and go and put it in one bank. They pay for staff, they pay to employ more staff, they pay to build more facilties and so on.

If we continue with this attitude...we will end up driving away a lot of investors from this country. And that means massive job losses, massive financial blow to this country. You cannot run a business and have customers take stuff you sell free of charge.Not only would you go bankrupt, you would be impoverished fast. I am sure that most of the people clapping for MTN data thieves are people who have never ever run a business in their lives. If they ran a business...they would soon realize that if people came and took your stuff for free....things would get worse.

Anyway, the issue is that if you feel MTN is abusing your rights as a customer...complain to your senator, to the Nigerian communications comission, etc. Part of the reason why we have improved services is because over 10 years ago...people complained and protested.

Let us not drive out MTN and any other investor by our stealing. I don't want to go back to the dark days of dial up internet....

**in davido's voice
Are you done talking? smiley

1 Like

Re: Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

**in davido's voice
Are you done talking?

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whatsapp Introduces 'view Once,' Which Deletes Media After It Has Been Viewed / The Best Phone To Buy With A Budget Of N40k? / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.