Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Honest Opinion People! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honest Opinion People! (1285 Views)

Honest Opinion On Pontiac Vibe / Request Honest Opinion On Hyundai Cars. / Honest Opinion On A 2007 Toyota Camry Le V6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honest Opinion People! by dpsalmist15: 10:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
As a lover of cars and also someone that sells as a side hustle I am beginning to get somehow vexed at the way folks buy the 2003-2007 Toyota corolla everywhere I go now its the corolla and its beginning to purge me. My question here is .Is the particular corolla really worth the price and praise it gets? .I need opinions here ... Thanks!
Re: Honest Opinion People! by uboma(m): 6:09am On Jun 16, 2019
Personally I feel that Toyota Corollas are overrated.
Re: Honest Opinion People! by CocoaOla: 7:03am On Jun 16, 2019
If can't buy brand new don't buy Toyota Yahoo Yahoo scammers and 419 are now Toyota car dealers my friend bought one neat tokunbo/Belgium corola 2004 for 1.6m after 2 months the car turn dust from rust Toyota are overrated toy and fraudulent car dealer are taking advantage of it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Honest Opinion People! by dpsalmist15: 8:10am On Jun 16, 2019
CocoaOla:
If can't buy brand new don't buy Toyota Yahoo Yahoo scammers and 419 are now Toyota car dealers my friend bought one neat tokunbo/Belgium corola 2004 for 1.6m after 2 months the car turn dust from rust Toyota are overrated toy and fraudulent car dealer are taking advantage of it.
Sorry for your friends experience I bet the car was imported from Canada. Those cars can be very neat but one needs to be weary of rust issues .Rust is like cancer to a car. Need more opinions on this! Happy Sunday people.
Re: Honest Opinion People! by adanny01(m): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2019
2003-7 corolla is a reliable car quite sure. The problem is that it is not the only reliable and efficient car.

They share exactly the same mechanical parts to a cheaper matrix and even more cheaper Pontiac vibe. The difference is that the matrix and vibe are a little heavier which means less fuel efficiency.

A car like 2002-2005 civic is even more fuel efficient but mechanics recommend the Toyota over the civic. The only downside of the civic is a cramped engine space but as reliable as the Corolla.

I just wonder why the corolla craze.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Opinion People! by dpsalmist15: 12:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
Abeg help with the corolla craze its becoming unbecoming!!please let's share alternatives thanks all...
Re: Honest Opinion People! by ejembi28(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Honest Opinion People! by OfficialSam(m): 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
adanny01:
2003-7 corolla is a reliable car quite sure. The problem is that it is not the only reliable and efficient car.

They share exactly the same mechanical parts to a cheaper matrix and even more cheaper Pontiac vibe. The difference is that the matrix and vibe are a little heavier which means less fuel efficiency.

A car like 2002-2005 civic is even more fuel efficient but mechanics recommend the Toyota over the civic. The only downside of the civic is a cramped engine space but as reliable as the Corolla.

I just wonder why the corolla craze.

Vibe & Matrix are the same engine size with Corolla, as you earlier mentioned. Hence, they are also reliable and fuel efficient. However, i will pick the Corolla over and over again. Its interior and exterior is finer compared to the Matrix & Vibe and of course they are way too low. I mean no ground clearance compared to Corolla.

Hate it or Love it, Corollas are worth the hype and price. They are so strong and durable. They are perfect for Nigerian economy and roads. I used to drive an EOD, until i got the Corolla. Now i have peace of mine. Though i miss the power the Accord gave. But I'm not complaining, since I'm not into racing. And mehn, with just 1k fuel, i drive well around town even with my air conditioner on. Beat that!

Less i forget, when you buy one, insure it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Opinion People! by legalwealth(m): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2019
OfficialSam:

Vibe & Matrix are the same engine size with Corolla, as you earlier mentioned. Hence, they are also reliable and fuel efficient. However, i will pick the Corolla over and over again. Its interior and exterior is finer compared to the Matrix & Vibe and of course they are way too low. I mean no ground clearance compared to Corolla.

Hate it or Love it, Corollas are worth the hype and price. They are so strong and durable. They are perfect for Nigerian economy and roads. I used to drive an EOD, until i got the Corolla. Now i have peace of mine. Though i miss the power the Accord gave. But I'm not complaining, since I'm not into racing. And mehn, with just 1000k fuel, i drive well around town even with my air conditioner on. Beat that!

Less i forget, when you buy one, insure it.

The bolded give me joy.

EOD is my first car and I'm always confident with the power it gives, that I embarrassed one Toyota Camry 2010 flexing muscle with me on Lokoja-Road when I drove my EOD from Lagos to Abuja.

Toyota corolla use to be like paper few times I drove it.
Re: Honest Opinion People! by legalwealth(m): 12:29am On Jun 20, 2019
CocoaOla:

You nailed it big time.

Check such car dealers out; they have flooded their lots with all form of toyota corrollas with hiked prices.

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell If The Spark Plug In Your Car Needs Replacement / This S-class Truck Competes Strongly With G-wagon / Hyundai High Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.