Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's (1922 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 16, 2019
Aside sex and procreation (one can get them without marriage), how do a man and woman who see themselves as two people in partnership but still in marriage, truly different from a man and woman in commercial business partnership, with one of the parties expecting the other to be faithful to him or her forever. Personally I hate allowing anything that ties me down, so what is the incentive to tie me down to one woman forever instead of taking to the babymamas options?

MOD Frontpage please. I need more opinions.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by mostyg(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2019
Family is the smaller unit of the society. Many families make up society.
A complete family has of a father and mother figure.
If you want to destroy the society, destroy the family system by misorintenting individuals about family.

4 Likes

Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by iammo1(m): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2019
cool

the truth is you love your freedom so much you question your ancestors and customs ,, but the truth in my own opinion is that you need a family or marriage to protect your DNA,RNA/Lineage in all facts about religion and philosophy , the so called prophets came from the same bloodline, the religious Gods says a punishment is meted out on atleast 5 generations. the royal family all over the world keep their genes intact by not marrying just anybody

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Ibramamahi(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2019
No reason to convince U bro just continue

1 Like

Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by thesicilian: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2019
You won't need any one to convince you when you're ready.

8 Likes

Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by erifeoluwasimi(f): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2019
I keep saying marriage is not for now, it's for later
One of the reason is companionship, many retired slaymama are regretting and dying in loneliness and depression because they refused to build the institution that will last. Oli Jacobs and joke Silva are good examples of a reason for marriage

1 Like

Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by LordKO(m): 11:30am On Jun 16, 2019
Oneness with an opposite sex of attraction who's a non-blood-relative is the answer, the sweetest thing in the world - something less than 5% of people who had been/have been/or will be in marriage didn't/can't achieve and experience. So, if you do not yearn oneness, or can't make the necessary continual and tasky sacrifices to achieve and sustain same with a woman, then forget about marriage. And if you're a proponent of oneness, then discard with alacrity any woman who doesn't believe in oneness because you can never have a lasting happy and harmonious union with such a woman least of achieving and experiencing it. Many people who believe in marriage don't believe in oneness which is the soul of marriage, and this is reason for spate of divorcement, unhappy and unhealthy marriages around the enlightened world.

In fact, an emancipated woman (or one that will emancipate in the cause of the marriage) that believes in marriage, but not oneness, will not only ruin your life in the cause of the marriage but will equally pitch the offspring against you and divorce you with the flimsiest of an excuse or kill you before your divine appointed time - that's if you aren't discerning and mighty. The attribute(s) of a wo/man who doesn't believe in oneness is always glaring for a discerning mind to see from afar - although some possessors of the attributes are malleable and can be helped from deviation and outright destruction, if the discerning one has genuine interest in them. While someone with an evil intention can easily destroy them from within, if s/he never had genuine interest in them from the inception but only wanted a piece/taste of whatever momentary good they can offer - they're the easiest sets of human beings to outwit despite their too clever by half attitude.

Actually, there's a difference (both in words and action) between the statement "two people in partnership" and the word "partners." The former can't yield mutual healthiness and happiness for any couple, while the latter will - so, people who cherish healthy and happy marriage should discard the former both in thoughts and actions. Only a man and woman who see themselves as a husband and wife (partners, I dislike this word in this regard though) are in real marriage. Marriage (or romantic relationship) remains contractual, not transactional, affair.

Attributes and actions required to sustain the two are equally different. Unlike two people in a commercial partnership, or a couple who see themselves in such light in marriage, true marriage requires more than loyalty and conviction- the two necessary qualities that sustain any business JV/commercial partnership. Altruism (selflessness from the woman and thoughtfulness from the man) is the attribute that sustains marriage - of course, altruism doesn't mean absence of conscientiousness.

Altruism remains the soul of any healthy and happy marriage, it breeds not just faithfulness but oneness. Oneness is a very difficult but rewarding thing one can accomplish together with another in this life . It's the zenith of marriage, I say, and only people who share same good ethical leanings, or those who strive hard to form a good one mutually, can experience it.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by SageMK: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2019
Marriage or baby mama?
Well, it depends on what you seek.

Do you want a family or do you want solitude?
Do you want a best friend for life or nothing at all?

Actually the concept of marriage is changing so I do not blame you for having a distorted view that one trade off “freedom” for loyalty and whatever by getting married.

To start with, the society acknowledges you more if you are married. There are certain privileges you can only get if you are married. You command respect because your status shows you are capable of commitment & loyalty.

Now on a personal level, marriage is a sort of insurance against old age & emergencies. For example, In certain situations where you can't make decisions for yourself, someone you trust (wife) assume that responsibility.

Also your children are way better off with both parents having equal influence over their lives. If you experience the joy of growing up with both parents as one, then why deprive your offspring of such? sad

Personally, I prefer marriage to baby mama nonsense.
If you get married to the right person, you've hit gold.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Jmk9292(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2019
Hmm.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Ekpeitut: 11:46am On Jun 16, 2019
Stay single. Don't be tempted to bring children into the world out of wedlock.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Promotions: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
1) it's cheaper to have a wife than a baby mama cos you won't be taxed unnecessary child support fees.
2)You know who and how your child is being raised not just abandoning the child in the care of some random baby mama.
3) companionship and partnership will be needed sometime in your life.
4) as a wife, women tend to contribute better(financially, emotional, sexually, prayers etc) then a baby mama.
5)For the sake of the child: growing up with both parents can be fun and it will help both couples monitor the child than baby mama and daddy partnership.
6)To avoid shame at old age

7)weigh your options and do whichever that gives you peace of mind .

GOODLUCK

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by mankettle(m): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thetrueglobalma:
Aside sex and procreation (one can get them without marriage), how do a man and woman who see themselves as two people in partnership but still in marriage, truly different from a man and woman in commercial business partnership, with one of the parties expecting the other to be faithful to him or her forever. Personally I hate allowing anything that ties me down, so what is the incentive to tie me down to one woman forever instead of taking to the babymamas options?
the truth is nobody can tell u a good reason to marry but some can suggest some.
companionship... when you are in your sixties both of you would have to keep each other company, especially when the kids have gone. even if it is to quarrel and shout at least she is there. The Baby mama with no strings may leave at any time.
health, someone apart from you is obliged to monitor your health and vice versa.
a greater sense of responsibility and commitment from both parties to the union unlike the baby mama that is one leg in one leg out.
joint finances, mutual growth, investing in one and another life etc.
a lot of benefits.. down side of marriage is the freedom to do things will be curtailed but when you are in ur Forties those things you consider freedom now will be a chore. u will need a companion then, a constant one and a wife will fit the bill.. ditto for husband.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2019
mostyg:
Family is the smaller unit of the society. Many families make up society.
A complete family has of a father and mother figure.
If you want to destroy the society, destroy the family system by misorintenting individuals about family.

Thanks. But it's not convincing.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
iammo1:
cool

the truth is you love your freedom so much you question your ancestors and customs ,, but the truth in my own opinion is that you need a family or marriage to protect your DNA,RNA/Lineage in all facts about religion and philosophy , the so called prophets came from the same bloodline, the religious Gods says a punishment is meted out on atleast 5 generations. the royal family all over the world keep their genes intact by not marrying just anybody

I can get all these with a babymama.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
Ibramamahi:
No reason to convince U bro just continue

That means you have no answer to my need.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
thesicilian:
You won't need any one to convince you when you're ready.

This means you do not have solution to my need.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:
I keep saying marriage is not for now, it's for later
One of the reason is companionship, many retired slaymama are regretting and dying in loneliness and depression because they refused to build the institution that will last. Oli Jacobs and joke Silva are good examples of a reason for marriage

But I can always get companionship from different women for the rest of my life without marriage.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by 2cato: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
@op if you are a young lady hoping to get married someday only for clown to turn youto baby mama
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
LordKO:
Oneness with an opposite sex of attraction and non-blood-relative is the answer, the sweetest thing in the world - something less than 5% of people who had been/have been/or will be in marriage for more than 5 years didn't/can't experience. So, if you do not yearn oneness, or can't make the necessary continual and tasky sacrifices to achieve same with a woman, then forget about marriage. And if you're a proponent of oneness, then discard with alacrity any woman that doesn't believe in oneness because you can never have a happy and harmonious union with such a woman. Many people who believe in marriage don't believe in oneness, which is the soul of marriage, and this is reason for spate of divorcement/unhappy and unhappy marriages around the enlightened world.

In fact, an emancipated woman (or one that will emancipate in the cause of the marriage) that believes in marriage, but not oneness, will not only ruin your life in the cause of the marriage but will equally pitch the offspring against you and divorce you with the flimsiest of an excuse or kill you before your divine appointed time - that's if you aren't discerning and mighty. The attribute(s) of a wo/man who doesn't believe in oneness is always glaring for a discerning mind to see from afar - although some possessors of the attributes are malleable and can be helped from deviation and outright destruction, if the discerning one has genuine interest in them. While someone with an evil intention can easily destroy them from within, if s/he never had genuine interest in them from the inception but only wanted a piece/taste of whatever momentary good they can offer - they're the easiest sets of human beings to outwit despite their too clever by half attitude.

Actually, there's a difference (both in words and action) between the statement "two people in partnership" and the word "partners." The formal can't yield mutual healthiness and happiness for any couple, while the latter will - so, people who cherish healthy and happy marriage should discard the former both in thoughts and actions. Only a man and woman who see themselves as a husband and wife (partners, I dislike this word in this regard though) are in real marriage. Marriage (or romantic relationship) remains contractual, not transactional, affair.

Attributes and actions required to sustain the two are equally different. Unlike two people in a commercial partnership, or a couple who see themselves in such light in marriage, true marriage requires more than loyalty and conviction- the two necessary qualities that sustain any business JV/commercial partnership. Altruism (selflessness from the woman and thoughtfulness from the man) is the attribute that sustains marriage - of course, altruism doesn't mean absence of conscientiousness.

Altruism remains the soul of any healthy and happy marriage, it breeds not just faithfulness but oneness. Oneness is a very difficult but rewarding thing one can accomplish together with another in this life . It's the zenith of marriage, I say, and only people who share same good ethical leanings, or those who strive hard to form a good one mutually, can experience it.

This got me. I will take time to understand it well. Thanks a lot.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by yeyeosoronga: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thetrueglobalma:

But I can always get companionship from different women for the rest of my life without marriage.

Yes you can.
Stick to your convictions..
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
SageMK:
Marriage or baby mama?
Well, it depends on what you seek.

Do you want a family or do you want solitude?
Do you want a best friend for life or nothing at all?

Actually the concept of marriage is changing so I do not blame you for having a distorted view that one trade off “freedom” for loyalty and whatever by getting married.

To start with, the society acknowledges you more if you are married. There are certain privileges you can only get if you are married. You command respect because your status shows you are capable of commitment & loyalty.

Now on a personal level, marriage is a sort of insurance against old age & emergencies. For example, In certain situations where you can't make decisions for yourself, someone you trust (wife) assume that responsibility.

Also your children are way better off with both parents having equal influence over their lives. If you experience the joy of growing up with both parents as one, then why deprive your offspring of such? sad

Personally, I prefer marriage to baby mama nonsense.
If you get married to the right person, you've hit gold.

Thanks. But I think I can get all you listed without marriage.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Richy4(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
What if i push your button by telling you that it was fornication having sex before wedlock..And the child is called "loved child "....
Is that convincing enough ? smiley
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Sex before marriage is fornication, outside marriage is adultery.

Sex is only allowed and celebrated in marriage.

And except you have the gift of celibacy, sex and music are food to the soul.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
Ekpeitut:
Stay single. Don't be tempted to bring children into the world out of wedlock.

This does not make sence to me. Thanks all the same.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
Promotions:
1) it's cheaper to have a wife than a baby mama cos you won't be taxed unnecessary child support fees.
2)You know who and how your child is being raised not just abandoning the child in the care of some random baby mama.
3) companionship and partnership will be needed sometime in your life.
4) as a wife, women tend to contribute better(financially, emotional, sexually, prayers etc) then a baby mama.
5)For the sake of the child: growing up with both parents can be fun and it will help both couples monitor the child than baby mama and daddy partnership.
6)To avoid shame at old age

7)weigh your options and do whichever that gives you peace of mind .

GOODLUCK

Thanks. But I don't think you understand my need. I can get almost all these done without "tying myself down with one woman" for the rest of my life and have happiness in abundance.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
mankettle:

the truth is nobody can tell u a good reason to marry but some can suggest some.
companionship... when you are in your sixties both of you would have to keep each other company, especially when the kids have gone. even if it is to quarrel and shout at least she is there. The Baby mama with no strings may leave at any time.
health, someone apart from you is obliged to monitor your health and vice versa.
a greater sense of responsibility and commitment from both parties to the union unlike the baby mama that is one leg in one leg out.
joint finances, mutual growth, investing in one and another life etc.
a lot of benefits.. down side of marriage is the freedom to do things will be curtailed but when you are in ur Forties those things you consider freedom now will be a chore. u will need a companion then, a constant one and a wife will fit the bill.. ditto for husband.

With my good financial standing I can get all these from a babymama, domestic staff friends and professionals in various fields of life and still have my happiness in abundance without owning loyalty to a woman who may turn enemy. Thanks all the same.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by thesicilian: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thetrueglobalma:

This means you do not have solution to my need.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Acidosis(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thetrueglobalma:

MOD Frontpage please. I need more opinions.

Love.

Sir, go and learn to love and you would see all the reasons in the world to get married. Make sure you understand the meaning of love sha. Love is not perfection.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
2cato:
@op if you are a young lady hoping to get married someday only for clown to turn youto baby mama

I do not understand you.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2019
Richy4:
What if i push your button by telling you that it was fornication having sex before wedlock..And the child is called "loved child "....
Is that convincing enough ? smiley

I do not know religion so having sex or a child out of wedlock is not wrong to me. Thanks all the same.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
Acidosis:

Love.

Sir, go and learn to love and you would see all the reasons in the world to get married. Make sure you understand the meaning of love sha. Love is not perfection.

Thanks. But I can get love without marriage and its burdens.
Re: I Need A Convincing Reason To Choose Marriage Over Just Having Baby Mama's by mankettle(m): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thetrueglobalma:

With my good financial standing I can get all these from a babymama, domestic staff friends and professionals in various fields of life and still have my happiness in abundance without owning loyalty to a woman who may turn enemy. Thanks all the same.
I agree, but most of that is paid for by you. at one point in our life's we need someone that must be in our corner not because of pay.
I have an Uncle unmarried in his 70s who spends all the time in clubs etc if we ask him he says nobody to go home to. when he fell ill, I am sure he appreciated the need for a spouse.
I have another who left his wife for the baby mama things. very rich dude, when he was terminally ill who stood by him? his spouse
I also know someone who was ill for more than a decade taken care of by the spouse especially when the nurses etc will not come or not give standard care. who will complain on ur behalf?
yes we know marriage get as he be, but for the future( especially if u hold good bar) get a spouse or if possible elevate one of the baby Mama's to the Chief Baby mama. so when the chips are down physically and health wise, She will be there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Me, Before I Lose My Mind. / How To Stop Your Man From Cheating / What Does A Normal Family Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.