Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal (28213 Views)

APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing / Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today / Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal by oyatz(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
I like your jokes bro.

Success in Politics, like success in Warfare, Academics, sports or business don't happen suddenly but takes long term prepations.

If you are not known beyond your Geo-political zone in 2019 and you expect to win a Presidential election in 2023 in a very big highly heterogeneous country, it means you don't understand the principles of Politics.

TSRC:

They don't need to know umahi now.
When he runs under a major party like the pdp, they would know him then.

It is not as if umahi is going to run under NCP. He is going to run under pdp and benefit from the enormous party network.

You can't run under the pdp and not be scrutinized by everybody in the country.

If you don't know his accomplishment now, you would know it when he becomes the flag bearer of the pdp.
Re: Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal by TSRC: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
oyatz:
I like your jokes bro.

Success in Politics, like success in Warfare, Academics, sports or business don't happen suddenly but takes long term prepations.

If you are not known beyond your Geo-political zone in 2019 and you expect to win a Presidential election in 2023 in a very big highly heterogeneous country, it means you don't understand the principles of Politics.

Known beyond your political zone as what?
Dino melaye is known everywhere. Dosen't mean he would win an election.

You are very funny if you think a pdp presidential candidate would not be well known automatically.

He is not running under the ACN. He would be running under the pdp.
Re: Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal by saintandsinnerz: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
kelvinginzie:
Pdp is not that foolish to give an igbo man ticket
Why do you say so? Because other Nigerians hate them and will never vote for them? I have totally lost hope in Nigeria becoming a developed nation. Not that I care who becomes your president but do you think Nigeria can develop and become great with such level of bitterness and divisiveness? If a particular region or group keep feeling alienated and unfairly treated, Nigeria will always be worse off. Anyway sha, na una problem, thank God I left that shithole
Re: Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal by oyatz(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2019
I like your jokes and you are very good in it sir.

Winning the presidential election entails winning the presidential primary of a major Political party as a first step.

Do you honestly think Dave Umahi can defeat other Political heavy weights like Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwanso or Wike in PDP to clinch the party's ticket? Be sincere with this answer sir.

Since 1999 Jos Convention of the PDP, do you know any candidate that has ever won the presidential primary of the party that is at the same level of popularity with Mr Dave Umahi?

To win Presidential election, apart from competence , track record of achievement and exposure, you need

Popularity
Acceptability
Political structure with a legion of foot soldiers accross the country
Financial war chest.

All these take reasonable time to build up. Dave Umahi like Pat Utomi or Sowore may be competent but he does have the other criteria

TSRC:

Known beyond your political zone as what?
Dino melaye is known everywhere. Dosen't mean he would win an election.

You are very funny if you think a pdp presidential candidate would not be well known automatically.

He is not running under the ACN. He would be running under the pdp.
Re: Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal by TSRC: 9:43am On Jun 18, 2019
oyatz:
I like your jokes and you are very good in it sir.

Winning the presidential election entails winning the presidential primary of a major Political party as a first step.

Do you honestly think Dave Umahi can defeat other Political heavy weights like Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwankwanso or Wike in PDP to clinch the party's ticket? Be sincere with this answer sir.

Since 1999 Jos Convention of the PDP, do you know any candidate that has ever won the presidential primary of the party that is at the same level of popularity with Mr Dave Umahi?

To win Presidential election, apart from competence , track record of achievement and exposure, you need

Popularity
Acceptability
Political structure with a legion of foot soldiers accross the country
Financial war chest.

All these take reasonable time to build up. Dave Umahi like Pat Utomi or Sowore may be competent but he does have the other criteria

It depends on the region divide the seat has beem zoned to.

If it is zoned to the south, i don't see how saraki, kwankwaso and co would be in play.
The last primaries saw northerners alone squaring up to themselves because the pdp zoned it to the north.
In a southern only primaries, i don't see any southerner that can stop an umahi or even an igbo consensus for that matter.

You are beginning to sound like a bigot and a hater which i initially suspected.

I am done with you.
Re: Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal by oyatz(m): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2019
One major problem with many young people online is that they become too personal and emotional about the Political issues in the land and this make it difficult for them to debate Political issues logically without losing their calmness.

I am a REALIST and not a tribal bigot. My education, family background, cosmopolitan experience of life and expose has elevated me beyond the pettiness of bigotry.

I have nothing against you, Dave Umahi or the Igbos generally becoming the president.
I personally wish we can become mature to a stage that we will be able to elect Political office holders without considering their ethno-religious backgrounds.

TSRC:

It depends on the region divide the seat has beem zoned to.

If it is zoned to the south, i don't see how saraki, kwankwaso and co would be in play.
The last primaries saw northerners alone squaring up to themselves because the pdp zoned it to the north.
In a southern only primaries, i don't see any southerner that can stop an umahi or even an igbo consensus for that matter.

You are beginning to sound like a bigot and a hater which i initially suspected.

I am done with you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Small But Financially Secure -US / Buhari Calls Niyi Adebayo On Phone From London / Babachir Lawal And Ali Modu Sheriff Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.