Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! (1941 Views)

How Much Can I Sell This 2006 Toyota Corolla / My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now / Honest Advice About Peugeot 307 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
I bought this car a year ago and it's been serving me very well. Though I bought the car as Nigeria used from a staff at the college where I work but he sold it to me without informing me of all the faults even though we are very close.
After driving the car sorrowfully for close to a year, I decided to spend good money on it.
I changed all the front suspensions.
Changed the interior,
Bought a new tokunbo engine and gear (though there is no problem with the gear, my mechanic advised I changed the gear cuz the new engine may be too powerful for the old gear)
Changed fuel pump and absorbers.
I even changed the front and back bumper then I oven baked the car.
Everybody thought I bought a new car.
I have never felt better driving it. So smooth and heavy...
Now that everything is fine with my beloved car, I started getting pressure from family and friends to sell the car and buy another one.
It started with my wife asking me to change the car, then my dad saying Honda is not reliable. A few other friends (colleagues) also advised I sell it now that it looks like tokunbo... I'm very confuse cuz if I sell this car, I'm not sure of the issues I'll have with the new car I'll buy then I'll start spending money on it again.

I know if I seek this advice from my wife. She will say sell it so I'm throwing it to you guys.
Please, have you ever been in this situation and do you think I'll get value for what I spent on it?

Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by Kennyprince: 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
This kind of car, if I have it, I can use it as a collatoral and get a good loan Here in ajah. Hmmmm
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Kennyprince:
This kind of car, if I have it, I can use it as a collatoral and get a good loan Here in ajah. Hmmmm
Lol, na loan dey do you, na confusion dey do me... smiley
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by sacx: 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Unless you have enough money to upgrade, I don't see any reason why you should sell it. Now is the time for you to enjoy that car mhen grin. New engine, new gear, new suspensions; what do you want again? Unless the parts you sourced for it are of inferior quality. You should rock this ride.

If you insist on selling anyway, then bring it to me smiley

1 Like

Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
sacx:
Unless you have enough money to upgrade, I don't see any reason why you should sell it. Now is the time for you to enjoy that car mhen grin. New engine, new gear, new suspensions; what do you want again? Unless the parts you sourced for it are of inferior quality. You should rock this ride.

If you insist on selling anyway, then bring it to me smiley
Thanks boss...
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by AutoMoTech(m): 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I bought this car a year ago and it's been serving me very well. Though I bought the car as Nigeria used from a staff at the college where I work but he sold it to me without informing me of all the faults even though we are very close.
After driving the car sorrowfully for close to a year, I decided to spend good money on it.
Changed the interior,
Bought a new tokunbo engine and gear (though there is no problem with the gear, my mechanic advised I changed the gear cuz the new engine may be too powerful for the old gear)
Now that everything is fine with my beloved car, I started getting pressure from family and friends to sell the car and buy another one.
It started with my wife asking me to change the car, then my dad saying Honda is not reliable. A few other friends (colleagues) also advised I sell it now that it looks like tokunbo... I'm very confuse cuz if I sell this car, I'm not sure of the issues I'll have with the new car I'll buy then I'll start spending money on it again.

I know if I seek this advice from my wife. She will say sell it so I'm throwing it to you guys.
Please, have you ever been in this situation and do you think I'll get value for what I spent on it?

With the amount of money U have put into making this car ride better bro no buyer will ever value dt car as much as you will. U kno au much U put into it. THat will surely reflect on how much you love dt car. If U wan try am just put it up for sale on NL or jiji and see the price ppl will offer you. Las las na U go later vex dey enjoy ur ride.
Secondly sir.... i think U need to work on urself more. Because from all you have said U r considering this based on "wetin person/ppl talk". THo it is wise to listen to counsel bt it looks like U r being pushed. Do not be pushed bros. Enjoy dt baby for atleast 6 months or a year den upgrade.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
AutoMoTech:

With the amount of money U have put into making this car ride better bro no buyer will ever value dt car as much as you will. U kno au much U put into it. THat will surely reflect on how much you love dt car. If U wan try am just put it up for sale on NL or jiji and see the price ppl will offer you. Las las na U go later vex dey enjoy ur ride.
Secondly sir.... i think U need to work on urself more. Because from all you have said U r considering this based on "wetin person/ppl talk". THo it is wise to listen to counsel bt it looks like U r being pushed. Do not be pushed bros. Enjoy dt baby for atleast 6 months or a year den upgrade.
Thanks bro. Will do just that
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by mingles: 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
Changed the interior,

nice paint work and interior.
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by pek(m): 1:32am On Jun 17, 2019
You will lose a lot if you sell that car now. Enjoy your money.
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by idu1(m): 6:06am On Jun 17, 2019
If na me be you after spending a lot make to make it like new. I will only consider selling it after 36 months of usage. Abi you don't want to reap the fruit of your labour?

It's a waste you sell it now.
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by TPound(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
Lemme ask you just one question...

Those pressuring you to sell the car, is their ride inferior to yours?

Do they commute on foot?

Have you treated their fvck up once as a result of not coming through for them with your car?

If 2/3 is yes, village people spotted
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by RZArecta2(m): 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Are you having financial difficulties or out of work or did you borrow money from them to repair the car promising to pay back ? If not I don’t see any reason why people will force you to sell your property
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:00am On Jun 18, 2019
TPound:
Lemme ask you just one question...

Those pressuring you to sell the car, is their ride inferior to yours?

Do they commute on foot?

Have you treated their fvck up once as a result of not coming through for them with your car?

If 2/3 is yes, village people spotted
Hahaha... 3 is actual true but 2 is not. grin
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by Babadee1900(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2019
Enjoy your ride bros. You after suffering with the car, now that it’s time for you to enjoy the ride, they want you to sell. Don’t fall for it, you might end up regretting it, moreover your next ride could be lemon.

Rock that baby till you are fully ready to sell.

Peace.
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by Lexusgs430: 10:11am On Jun 18, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
Changed the interior,

How much do you want to sell it?......
Re: Honest Advice Needed. Should I Sell My Car Now! by homeboy205: 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just enjoy your ride turn deaf hear to everything else

(1) (Reply)

OK / Advice On Effective Car To Buy For 300k / Lexus Es350 A/c Compressor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.