Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' (62012 Views)

LASG Begins Construction Of Abiola–Onijemo Link Road With Bridge / Fani-Kayode: Tinubu Fought For Restoration Of Abiola’s June 12 / Hafsat Abiola Apologizes To Buhari On Behalf Of Abiola Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
A dark moment in Nigeria’s history, a theft of democracy.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Destroyerofyeeb: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
The same way buhari showed these ossu cowards Shege grin Come out and shout biafuro again if your name is truly shukudi.
alsudan:
grin Abacha really showed the Afonja coward Shege

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Forreellinc: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2019
Its even true sef wey abiola
Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by dododawa1: 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
alsudan:
d Lost of Biafra still in pain.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Zzyy(m): 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
Gomment grin > grin hausa man

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Earthquake3: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
seunmsg:

Visit the library of media houses that existed back then if you want to see a copy of the statement. There was no internet in 1993 so don’t expect anybody to provide you with a link.

What kind of lie is this?

7 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by jrusky(m): 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
SLAP44:
The beating the man chop that day no be here o cheesy

Small army recruits sent by the PTF chairman were flogging the man as they threw him into the black Maria.

I didn't mention names o.

As your moniker implies you truly deserve the 44 SLAP at the back of your head for brain reset.

3 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by dododawa1: 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
SLAP44:

Small army recruits sent by the PTF chairman were flogging the man as they threw him into the black Maria.

I didn't mention names o.
accepted but what of d run away coward,that let is people in millions die.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by hopexter(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
fuckingAyaya:
Afonjas have been fulanis sacrificial lamb since 19bc

Its called mutual respect, Abdulsalami Abubakar handed Power to Obasanjo, while Obasanjo handed it over to Yar' Adua then to Goodluck who should have Handed it to Another Ibo and have it rotate in the same order but instead he lost it like a coin. You know who to blame my friend. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
abacha oko awon afonja grin

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by SoNature(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
I know one thing for certain: If Sani Abacha was an Igbo man, the Yorubas would never forgive the Igbos till today.

8 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by jamezman(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Let the magic apple that was served to abacha be the portion of Buhari....
Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
Abacha was a military president, monkey no fine but em mama like am
Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Hotfreezer: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2019
SillyMods:

Advise Atiku to declare himself president please grin

You should be arrested for advising suicide by trickery. cheesy
Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by InvertedHammer: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
/
In the scheme of things in Nigeria, none of you guys matter. Abiola, Abacha, IBB and co knew the games they played. Heck the politicians are still playing ludo on your heads as you rant. What changed?

Abacha is the devil because he is dead. There are many more devilish than him still alive but none of you cowards have the guts to call them out. As a human being, Abacha did what he had to do to survive. Many years after his death, the lives of Nigerians are still worse than they were.

Things were better economically and socially under Abacha than today.

/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by 989900: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
Youngadvocate:
[s]Like or hate him, one thing is sure about Abacha...he's brave, straight up, disciplined, intelligent, smart and decisive.

He's the definition of a REAL MAN...one who does damage and own it, who threatens and lives up to the billing...not like the old thing in Aso Rock that blames everyone (even the dead and the gods) except himself.

if not that the gods plastered Abacha's conscience with craze for corruption and quantum looting, he would have been the Best President in the history of Nigeria. [/s]

1 Like

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by jrusky(m): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
alsudan:

And that is why they became the president, now vice president, speaker and pls we that we are brave what did we get

If a coward can rule as president and vice president and speaker and the brave ones are at the back seat with no relevant politically then it's better to be the coward and be the boss bro so shift.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by bongo4real(m): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
I think history like this should be compulsory in schools so that our future generations won't be ignorant of our Democracy history in future.

I only knew what happened through personal research because I wasn't thought in school.

4 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by RexTramadol1: 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
seunmsg:

The beating he received and the long term imprisonment he endured is what led to the democracy you are now enjoying. Today, Abacha is looked down upon as a despot while MKO is celebrated as the hero of democracy. In years to come, June 12 will continue to be celebrated as democracy day by generations yet to be born in as much as Nigeria is still in existence while Abacha’s despotic memory will fade away. Truly, the evil/good that men does live after them.

Make no mistake please

There's no way people in generations to come will hear about Abiola that they won't hear about Abacha

But both as hero and villain, so Abacha's memory won't fade away, he's gonna be in Nigerian history forever alongside IBB.

But for obviously different reasons.

3 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Omoluabi16(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
Continue to rot in hell abacha.Thinking he was immortal.So merciless you killed many people without a thought, only to die shamefully. June 8, 1998. Nigeria rejoiced!
Nigeria is still on her knees though
Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by daddytime(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
I remember this day just like yesterday. Nigerian was almost on a shutdown. The days when we'd resort to breaking aviation oil pipelines in Mafoluku Oshodi to use as kerosene for cooking.

Abacha Abacha...

Pellow Nigerians, the kwantiri is in state of total kias (chaos) and anarchy, and as the commander in chiip op the armed porses, to porstal order and sanity, I hereby declare the pollowing organisations dissorbed with immediate eppect.
Nadeco..disorbed
Fengasson..disorbed
Nufeng...disorbed

Ebry cibil disobedience will be met with the strong arm of the porce as I hab given the armed porses of the pederal refuvlic the order to soot at sight any ferson or grouf of fifu causing unrest.

God bless the pederal refuvlic of Nigeria
God bless you all

We dey stay glued to our tvs

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by cvibe2: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
Seems like this is the kind of leadership we need in Nigeria currently... Dissolved, proscribed, banned, immediate effect, to put all these corrupt politicians causing poverty in the land in check. angry grin

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by kanubiafra: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
let nobody come here to call abacha names abiola invited to remove his brother. yoruba hate themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by samsard(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
seunmsg:

The beating he received and the long term imprisonment he endured is what led to the democracy you are now enjoying. Today, Abacha is looked down upon as a despot while MKO is celebrated as the hero of democracy. In years to come, June 12 will continue to be celebrated as democracy day by generations yet to be born in as much as Nigeria is still in existence while Abacha’s despotic memory will fade away. Truly, the evil/good that men does live after them.
Abacha is a hero to the average Hausa / Fulani, asides that, he's already a legend regardless of whether it's positive or not. forget it, even bad as Hitler was, he still has admirers talk more of Abacha.
As long as History is concerned.

5 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by descartes400: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
I,for one never disliked General Abacha. undecided
Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by donate(m): 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
SLAP44:

Small boys army recruits sent by the PTF chairman were flogging the man as they threw him into the black Maria.

I didn't mention names o. grin grin grin grin grin

PTF chairman, now the president of a particular country.....

1 Like

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Empiree: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2019
I still like Abacha for one thing, the day he declared his state address similar to "state of the union" in the USA. He said: "All hands MUST be on deck" He was Mr. no nonsense. And I believe that his corruption was less compared to what we now have, It is pointless to keep blaming a deadman for looting nigeria while Houses of Senate and Reps are looting Nigeria dry and citizens languish. In the next three months according to reports i read earlier today, Senators will be getting billions of dollars allowances. Imagine that.

Stop falling for their blame games on Abacha's loot. They did not correct Abacha's wrong in over 16 years. I remembered when Obj ascended presidential seat. Days after days we heard noise about abacha's loot being recovered. "Alaroye" Newspaper was one loud mouth sob back then. Where are the looted monies today?. Abacha is gone but the country is far worse today than Abacha's regime. As it stands right now, i much prefer military regime to this so called democratic regime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by barinedan(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2019
Both Men Are No Longer Alive So let Up Have Some Peace Please
Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by SLAP44: 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2019
donate:

PTF chairman, now the president of a particular country.....

The man used the June12 date to press a regions mumu button grin

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by descartes400: 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
Empiree:
I still like Abacha for one thing, the day he declared his state address similar to "state of the union" in the USA. He said: "All hands MUST be on deck" He was Mr. no nonsense. And I believe that his corruption was less compared to what we now have, It is pointless to keep blaming a deadman for looting nigeria while Houses of Senate and Reps are looting Nigeria dry and citizen languish. In the next three months according to ereports i read earlier today, Senators will have getting billions of dollars in allowances. Imagine that.

Stop falling for their blames game on Abacha's loot. They did not correct Abacha's wrong in over 16 years. I remembered when Obj ascended presidential seat. Days after days we heard noise about abacha's loot being recovered. "Alaroye" Newspaper was one loud mouth sob back then. Where are the looted monies today?. Abacha is gone but the country is far worse today than Abacha's regime. As it stands right now, i much prefer military regime to this so called democratic regime.

Seconded.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by sddiamond: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Shut up, you too like lies

seunmsg:

Visit the library of media houses that existed back then if you want to see a copy of the statement. There was no internet in 1993 so don’t expect anybody to provide you with a link.

3 Likes

Re: The Moment Abacha Announced The Arrest Of Abiola For Declaring Self 'president' by Chikpat(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
seunmsg:

First of all, we don't owe this democracy to Abiola. With or without June 12th, we would still have our democracy.
The present razzmatazz about June 12th stems from the "sour" relationship between Buhari and Obasanjo and is a simple show of power to spite Obasanjo...those who know, know!
Finally, it is better to be Abacha than to be Abiola. You don't know or something?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi / APC To Punish Tinubu Over Utterances Against Buhari / Police Introduces New Uniforms For SARS (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.