Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Hybrid discussion Thread. - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hybrid discussion Thread. (66565 Views)

Sold out 1.950k. 2007 Registered Honda Accord Discussion Continues / I Have SOLD my American used Toyota Prius Hybrid Synergy Drive Vehicle / Clean Locally-used Honda Accord 2007 (discussion Continues) #1.3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
only the wise will understand.

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
My Cold water is here (repented no more origin cry ) let's fire on

3 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Lopeztranto(f): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

This pic was taken when I was in japan grin

Not only Japan, even Jalingo tongue

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Quick one: you said the engine you changed to was bought at over 120k miles. How come this one is showing 78k miles ?

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by jceesquare(m): 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Is the airbag okay?
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Mrtesso: 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
any questions so far?

Yes sir. What cables are coated in orange? Can they shock/ kill instantly?

What precautions can be taken when detaching the battery terminals and disconnecting all power to the system?

Is it possible for undischarged voltage to travel along cables even after disconnectment?

4 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Mrtesso: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Not the same car. Unless the instrument cluster was changed.

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
So engine is down, replacement is close by. The process continues.

They are an identical match and the swap takes a few minutes.

You can clearly see the damage to the Old unit, fixing the old unit is possible, but going forward, it will be used for parts for other cars. The head Cylinder is worth over N50,000. The coil packs over 20,000. And the aluminum block that will be left behind after that is about 10,000. The VVTI solenoid N10,000. Water pump N7000. So the Scrap value of old engine is roughly 97,000 when sold for parts.

it is important to keep all records of expenditure and future income while calculating costs.

5 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
ayosamlove:

Quick one: you said the engine you changed to was bought at over 120k miles. How come this one is showing 78k miles ?

well...

1. The engine mileage will not reflect on any electronic parts. The mileage of the engine can only be gotten from a vin search of the history of the vehicle the engine came from, and mileage can be deduced.

2. 78,000 miles: where are u jumping to? Is your jump my jump? tongue

7 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
jceesquare:

Is the airbag okay?

For the Hybrid vehicle, it's in perfect condition. But if you want to jump, wait till tomorrow when it's bright.

3 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
thebigkendo:
Legalwealth come & learn pure social media engagement

Why are you calling intellectual Property Thief to this thread.

The information shared here is beyond is comprehension and understanding. (Not an insult, its a fact already established)

His negative mindsets wouldn't allow him believe any useful information shared here except to copy and paste it on his facebook page without attrition to the source.

Please no dey call am to this kian thing again abeg. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2019
Mrtesso:

Yes sir. What cables are coated in orange? Can they shock/ kill instantly?

What precautions can be taken when detaching the battery terminals and disconnecting all power to the system?

Is it possible for undischarged voltage to travel along cables even after disconnectment?

I already stated that. Remove batt terminal and Battery pack fuse. They do not require gloves for that. With the fuse out there will be no electricity flow to the generator in front.

And yes HV can kill if abused.

3 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

well...

1. The engine mileage will not reflect on any electronic parts. The mileage of the engine can only be gotten from a vin search of the history of the vehicle the engine came from, and mileage can be deduced.

Ano go jump again sir. One more thing. U said water pump is 7k chaiii.... whereas BMW Watee pump Toks is 40, 45k. Can u help me work d Toyota water pump to my bmw engine?

4 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

well...

me...

I want to jump from here to Japan, take a few pics with some hot Japanese babes then come back inside container.....

hope I'm still welcome on board?

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
With power tools the swap was done under 45 mins on the Ground

5 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
ayosamlove:

Ano go jump again sir. One more thing. U said water pump is 7k chaiii.... whereas BMW Watee pump Toks is 40, 45k. Can u help me work d Toyota water pump to my bmw engine?

consult legal.wealth for this kain thing... he is capable
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
I always wonder why informative threads like this don't usually make front pages.

Some of us like useful threads like this on front page.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thrown back into the engine bay

4 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

me...

I want to jump from here to Japan, take a few pics with some hot Japanese babes then come back inside container.....

hope I'm still welcome on board?

you are welcome on board sir!
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

consult legal.wealth for this kain thing... he is capable

Oga na Akure I de and I no fit talk bad about their legal prince make dem no use call chase me commot for Akure.
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
ayosamlove:

Luxury car maintenance doesn't come cheap Sir.

Ayam waiting to learn the possibilities of working a Toyota water pump to work on BMW engine.

Someone like thebigkendo wouldn't be happy, because you didn't asked for honda water pump to worked into a BMW. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
who else is wondering how the seller feels right now?
chaiiiii, better loss! oh well, knowledge is power!

9 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
ayosamlove:

Oga na Akure I de and I no fit talk bad about their legal prince make dem no use call chase me commot for Akure.

perfect match. legal.wealth is a prince in ONDO according to him.

Wait for ONDO Car Consultant advise. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
ayosamlove:

hahahahahahaha, so you were enjoying our displays free of charge abi?

grin
grin
you are welcome on board.... anyone that calls u on phone to threaten u is a wimp and a sissy!!!

nothing do u jare, but for ur conversion I got 2 more solid referrals....

mazda.engineparts and mrc.oolautofix
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
TheCar:

perfect match. legal.wealth is a prince in ONDO according to him.

Wait for ONDO Car Consultant advise. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ok consulted him..... he said I got a lemon BMW and not clean title lol grin grin grin
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
who else is wondering how the seller feels right now?

chaiiiii, better loss!
oh well, knowledge is power!

The seller is learning right now.

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE. You just need the right knowledge, tools, skills, motivation and determination to make it work.

Although, if ayam the seller, I would feel like rewinding the hand of time. cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
One interesting and unique thing about Hybrid vehicles, are the number of modules, there is a module for every thing....

Electrical connections are also very firm, and in a lot of cases, a bolt is added to make it really firm. Also a lot of rubber insulation is used on every socket to ensure there is no liquid intrusion.

10 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
TheCar:

Luxury car maintenance doesn't come cheap Sir.

Ayam waiting to learn the possibilities of working a Toyota water pump to work on BMW engine.

Someone like thebigkendo wouldn't be happy, because you didn't asked for honda water pump to worked into a BMW. grin grin grin grin grin

@ bolded, only 3 people can achieve this feat that I know of...

legal.prince - By begging the BMW to use Toyota part

Mr.coolautofix - By using his divine - ethereal "master of all" knowledge

Mazda.engineparts - By telling someone in ladipo to put it like that inside the car and rework the mechanism to be different from the factory setup... you have to switch on the wiper and press the horn simultaneously for the pump to work.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

hahahahahahaha, so you were enjoying our displays free of charge abi?

grin
grin
you are welcome on board.... anyone that calls u on phone to threaten u is a wimp and a sissy!!!

nothing do u jare, but for ur conversion I got 2 more solid referrals....

mazdaengineparts and mrcoolautofix

Thanks boss. I de enjoy the legal..wealth drama from day one. Okay my bmw came with a bad water pump from USA but I fixed it already lol. I have derailed d thread enough. Let’s try learn one or 2 things cos this go make FP.

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
will continue at the end of this trip.

Some would say MIRACLE. Some would say it is MAGIC.

This Japan pishure in Toyota Camry is good ooo. When should all of us come for test drive in Japan. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
One interesting and unique thing about Hybrid vehicles, are the number of modules, there is a module for every thing....

Electrical connections are also very firm, and in a lot of cases, a bolt is added to make it really firm. Also a lot of rubber insulation is used on every socket to ensure there is no liquid intrusion.

when disassembling do we need to be cautious of certain points to avoid electrostatic discharge?

cause that HV certainly means High Voltage abi?
before person go shock himself to the other side and make headlines!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Check Vin# & Also UNLOCK Your Car Stereo-cd Player / Navigation! / ****Kakaki + Nixon55 Enter 2015 With A Bang!!*Audi A6 Europe And Naija PICS**** / Carxus.com - the Best Car Trader website that connects local buyers and sellers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.