Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife (1336 Views)

Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife / We Are More Than Just Egyptians, Moors, Igbos, Hausas And Yorubas. / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by EkunKekere: 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
Without the coming together of Igbo, Yoruba it will be very difficult for Nigeria to progress – Ooni

The Arole Oodua & Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II on Friday played host to His Royal Highness, Igwe Cyprian Mmaduabuchi Nevobasi, Ezeani III of Mmaku, Enugu State and other prominent Igbo leaders, who were at his Ile-Oodua palace, Ile Ife in the State of Osun on a royal homage.

[img]https://images./1x7YM0Wo3SXtGVRNzbZE66.jpg[/img]

Arole Oodua & Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II and His Royal Highness, Igwe Cyprian Mmaduabuchi Nevobasi, Ezeani III of Mmaku, Enugu

While welcoming the visiting Igbo monarch and his entourage, Ooni Ogunwusi who is a co-chairman of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria(NCTRN) described the Yoruba people of South Western part of Nigeria and their Igbo counterpart in the South East as two inseparable African races who if well united as a family and with other tribes would form a formidable block as a catalyst towards building a unified Nigerian nation and the continent of Africa.

“We need to cement our togetherness in this country because without the coming together of the Igbo and the Yoruba natives, it will be very difficult for Nigeria and the entire continent of Africa to progress. We are the real embodiment of the black people and the continent of Africa is looking forward to us".

“Handshake across the Niger like this is very important because we belong to the same family, so we should not separate ourselves the more. Let us look into things that bind us together like our rich cultures and traditions.

“We want to tell you today that we are now directly associating from the Kingdom of Ife to the entire Mmakun Kingdom in Igboland and Your Royal Highness have cemented that good relationship with this visit. Sanwo-Olu vows to deepen partnership with NYSC on skills acquisition(Opens in a new browser tab)

“Once again, I appreciate your philanthropic and leadership works especially towards the poor, oppressed and the downtrodden in Enugu and beyond, since you ascended the throne of your forebears some 20 years ago. I am proud to associate with you after hearing so much about you and I am so happy that we eventually met. Ooni Ogunwusi said.

Earlier in his address, Igwe Cyprian Mmadubuchi who described the Ooni as a symbol of unity explained that he was thrilled by his navigation across Nigeria, provision of veritable road map for social integration, cultural inter-face, engagements and healing wounds.

“Your Imperial Majesty the Ooni, I commend your courage and candour for championing this strategic initiative on behalf of other traditional rulers. As I earlier said is because as custodian of tradition and culture of the people, we are expected to be in the vanguard of ensuring national unity and cohesion in the country”.

Igwe Cyprian stressed that, “I am loyal to your Imperial Majesty and I am here to assure you that you have found your missing ribs in the South East. I have seen with my eyes that you are a moving train, you have proven to our nation that you are a great leader we can trust and we are following you. “Infact, If we Africans were Catholic, you are the black Pope.” the Igbo monarch added

Similarly, Alaagba of Aagba in the State of Osun, Oba Rufus Ogunwole who was instrumental to the Igwe’s visit to Ile Ife, expressed his heartfelt joy over the history making day. He recalled that he secured Ooni’s permission to visit the Igwe when he was invited to visit the Enugu community in 2017, after which the relationship has been so cordial.

The event also witnessed various traditional performances from the Igbo dancers and their Yoruba counterparts as well as drummers among others.

Thereafter, the Ooni offered prayers with the breaking of kola nuts and bitter colas which he said were first discovered in Ile-Ife.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/without-the-coming-together-of-igbo-yoruba-it-will-be-very-difficult-for-nigeria-to-progress-ooni/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by Sirmuel1(m): 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Ibos are quarrelling with everyone in Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by Jmk9292(m): 12:22am On Jun 17, 2019
It's alright..
Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by cjrane: 12:25am On Jun 17, 2019
EkunKekere:
Without the coming together of Igbo, Yoruba it will be very difficult for Nigeria to progress – Ooni

The Arole Oodua & Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II on Friday played host to His Royal Highness, Igwe Cyprian Mmaduabuchi Nevobasi, Ezeani III of Mmaku, Enugu State and other prominent Igbo leaders, who were at his Ile-Oodua palace, Ile Ife in the State of Osun on a royal homage.

[img]https://images./1x7YM0Wo3SXtGVRNzbZE66.jpg[/img]

Arole Oodua & Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II and His Royal Highness, Igwe Cyprian Mmaduabuchi Nevobasi, Ezeani III of Mmaku, Enugu

While welcoming the visiting Igbo monarch and his entourage, Ooni Ogunwusi who is a co-chairman of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria(NCTRN) described the Yoruba people of South Western part of Nigeria and their Igbo counterpart in the South East as two inseparable African races who if well united as a family and with other tribes would form a formidable block as a catalyst towards building a unified Nigerian nation and the continent of Africa.

“We need to cement our togetherness in this country because without the coming together of the Igbo and the Yoruba natives, it will be very difficult for Nigeria and the entire continent of Africa to progress. We are the real embodiment of the black people and the continent of Africa is looking forward to us".

“Handshake across the Niger like this is very important because we belong to the same family, so we should not separate ourselves the more. Let us look into things that bind us together like our rich cultures and traditions.

“We want to tell you today that we are now directly associating from the Kingdom of Ife to the entire Mmakun Kingdom in Igboland and Your Royal Highness have cemented that good relationship with this visit. Sanwo-Olu vows to deepen partnership with NYSC on skills acquisition(Opens in a new browser tab)

“Once again, I appreciate your philanthropic and leadership works especially towards the poor, oppressed and the downtrodden in Enugu and beyond, since you ascended the throne of your forebears some 20 years ago. I am proud to associate with you after hearing so much about you and I am so happy that we eventually met. Ooni Ogunwusi said.

Earlier in his address, Igwe Cyprian Mmadubuchi who described the Ooni as a symbol of unity explained that he was thrilled by his navigation across Nigeria, provision of veritable road map for social integration, cultural inter-face, engagements and healing wounds.

“Your Imperial Majesty the Ooni, I commend your courage and candour for championing this strategic initiative on behalf of other traditional rulers. As I earlier said is because as custodian of tradition and culture of the people, we are expected to be in the vanguard of ensuring national unity and cohesion in the country”.

Igwe Cyprian stressed that, “I am loyal to your Imperial Majesty and I am here to assure you that you have found your missing ribs in the South East. I have seen with my eyes that you are a moving train, you have proven to our nation that you are a great leader we can trust and we are following you. “Infact, If we Africans were Catholic, you are the black Pope.” the Igbo monarch added

Similarly, Alaagba of Aagba in the State of Osun, Oba Rufus Ogunwole who was instrumental to the Igwe’s visit to Ile Ife, expressed his heartfelt joy over the history making day. He recalled that he secured Ooni’s permission to visit the Igwe when he was invited to visit the Enugu community in 2017, after which the relationship has been so cordial.

The event also witnessed various traditional performances from the Igbo dancers and their Yoruba counterparts as well as drummers among others.

Thereafter, the Ooni offered prayers with the breaking of kola nuts and bitter colas which he said were first discovered in Ile-Ife.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/without-the-coming-together-of-igbo-yoruba-it-will-be-very-difficult-for-nigeria-to-progress-ooni/

This is a progressive great Monarch that has seen beyond what many Nigerians can ever fathom.
He spoke the undiluted truth.

My worry is that Nigeria may indeed have been cursed never to progress due to wickedness in high places

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 17, 2019
shocked
Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by Shikini: 1:13am On Jun 17, 2019
Southern Nigeria are the most foolish set of people in the world.

The North is just knocking IBO and Yoruba heads together and laughing back at their stupidity behind their back

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by greymiles: 1:14am On Jun 17, 2019
Shikini:
Southern Nigeria are the most foolish set of people in the world.

The North is just knocking IBO and Yoruba heads together and laughing back at their stupidity behind their back
Dey are only knocking afonjas head

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by Splashme: 1:21am On Jun 17, 2019
greymiles:

Dey are only knocking afonjas head

No sir, both!

During Shagari's era, the North pulled Igbos closer and used them against Awolowo/South West

Today, Buhari is using South West against the Igbo's and Yoruba's are happy and using it to make jest of Igbo's.

Its all divide and rule

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by leokid866: 1:55am On Jun 17, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Ibos are quarrelling with everyone in Nigeria grin

We are prepared to work with them if they are. Hope they can put their pride away long enough for us to make something long lasting.
Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by Ratello: 1:57am On Jun 17, 2019
On this I concur 100%
Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by blingxx(m): 3:06am On Jun 17, 2019
leokid866:

We are prepared to work with them if they are. Hope they can put their pride away long enough for us to make something long lasting.

Yoruba's have always been peaceful and accommodating, yoruba leaders are just afraid you guys might stab us in the back just like ojukwu and kanu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by duncun: 3:44am On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by leokid866: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2019
blingxx:

Yoruba's have always been peaceful and accommodating, yoruba leaders are just afraid you guys might stab us in the back just like ojukwu and kanu

I am yoruba. Should have made that clearer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by OJODEL10(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
south can produce president without wooing the north when they unit. and it will be very easy to breakaway.
Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nigeria is destined to fail, a country built on darkness and wickedness cannot stand....when the igbos and Niger deltans were being slaughtered in 1945, 1953, 1966 in the north and during the biafra/Nigeria war, where was the call for unity?.....when omo yorubas in the persons of murtala Muhammed and Ibrahim taiwo massacred igbo civilians of asaba, where was the call for unity?, when olusegun obasanjo waged war on the igbo people of obiaruku in delta state, where was the call for unity?.....when fashola deported some igbos some years back, where was the call for unity?, when bola tinubu and his thugs attacked and harassed the igbos in lagos to prevent them from voting their preferred candidate, where was the call for unity......the sins of omoluabis are just too many for any form of unity with the igbos....uniting with omoluabis will bring a curse on the igbo nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wil Never Progress Until Igbos And Yorubas Unite-ooni Of Ife by Cuddlebugie(f): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
If the unity of the two tribes is the only condition for progression, I guess it's safe to say Nigeria is doomed already. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

10 Princes Shortlisted For Vacant Alaafin Stool / ... / Seperating Culture From Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.