Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates (39107 Views)

2019 Presidential Election: Live Updates And Reports / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
livelymatilda:

Stop digressing and fooling yourself... Just say Amen to the prayer I offered you..

May God rule your life the way Pdp ruled Nigeria and states in Nigeria. Can I read a very big Amen from you?

I DARE YOU..
your hyprocrisy stinks. as far as am, and concerned Nigerians will reason with me that 16 years of pdp government is more preferable than the clueless change lifeless buhari government that only knows about his act behavior in government. Abeg when will he appoint his ministers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
I didn't see that in your response at all. you are highly biased. alot of nairalanders reading knows that you are very biased. keep your honesty to yourself and not here that you are biased.

I guess you’ll see someday! For instance, my comments on this thread so far has been Law - essentially. Where is the bias? Law knows no bias especially in this matter where the position of the law is very clear. I will concede to you that the knowledge of the law may not be your area of core competence. No hard feelings my brother- we should keep it at the level of healthy discussion.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
your hyprocrisy stinks. as far as am, and concerned Nigerians will reason with me that 16 years of pdp government is more preferable than the clueless change lifeless buhari government that only knows about his act behavior in government. Abeg when will he appoint his ministers?

Say “Amen”! to the prayer upstairs. C’mon! Don’t be biased!!!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
Our appeal is solidly on ground even after initial technical exchanges. Technical issues like documentation are routine matters which counsels and courts resolved.The substantive appeal has been adopted and judgement reserved till 5th.We are waiting for the adoption of briefs of the cross appeal.

Our appeal did not and has not suffered any hitch.Ignore APC propaganda.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
zoedew:

I guess you’ll see someday! For instance, my comments on this thread so far has been Law - essentially. Where is the bias? Law knows no bias especially in this matter where the position of the law is very clear. I will concede to you that the knowledge of the law may not be your area of core competence. No hard feelings my brother- we should keep it at the level of healthy discussion.
which law are you speaking here. you are not speaking any law. you are very biased in your analysis. no wonder you keep saying that you don't belong to any political party. funny nairalander. it's hyprocrite nairalander that do behave that way. you will see them jumping from one thread to another pertaining Apc. Abegi jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
Nairalanders please you can check google on today's supreme court hearing. you can watch and listen to pdp counsel Dr. Ikpeazu. at least you will rest assured of what I'm talking about. Apc lies and propaganda have been bursted las Las.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
which law are you speaking here. you are not speaking any law. you are very biased in your analysis. no wonder you keep saying that you don't belong to any political party. funny nairalander. it's hyprocrite nairalander that do behave that way. you will see them jumping from one thread to another pertaining Apc. Abegi jare.

1. Question- What is the position in law of a Notice Of Appeal not signed by a person whose name is indicated on it but by another?
Answer please so we can who as between you and is biased here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Badguy89: 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Our appeal is solidly on ground even after initial technical exchanges. Technical issues like documentation are routine matters which counsels and courts resolved.The substantive appeal has been adopted and judgement reserved till 5th.We are waiting for the adoption of briefs of the cross appeal.

Our appeal did not and has not suffered any hitch.Ignore APC propaganda.

Please when will the briefs of cross appeal be adopted? Besides when will the court rule on d 4th appeal

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
zoedew:

1. Question- What is the position in law of a Notice Of Appeal not signed by a person whose name is indicated on it but by another?
Answer please so we can who as between you and is biased here.
I have been saying it times without number that the mistake has been corrected, Infact Dr. Ikpeazu has addresed the press on that. watch it on youtube.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Badguy89:

Please when will the briefs of cross appeal be adopted? Besides when will the court rule on d 4th appeal
It has been done today, check thenationonlineng newspaper to read more of today's supreme court hearing. judgement will be delivered on July 5th. let's keep hope alive.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
I have been saying it times without number that the mistake has been corrected, Infact Dr. Ikpeazu has addresed the press on that. watch it on youtube.

1. You are yet to answer the question.
2. That position in law is incurable! You cannot correct a proceeding that is not in existence! You cannot place your lovely dish of fried rice on air and expect to find it in one piece! It’ll be strange for you to insist on picking the sand infested fried rice for dinner! Don’t you get it!! A zillion press conferences won’t change that!!!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by livelymatilda: 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
your hyprocrisy stinks. as far as am, and concerned Nigerians will reason with me that 16 years of pdp government is more preferable than the clueless change lifeless buhari government that only knows about his act behavior in government. [s] Abeg when will he appoint his ministers? [/s]
After saying Amen to this prayer.

May God rule your life the way Pdp ruled Nigeria and states in Nigeria. Can I read a very big Amen from you?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Badguy89: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
It has been done today, check thenationonlineng newspaper to read more of today's supreme court hearing. judgement will be delivered on July 5th. let's keep hope alive.

Thanks I just did...
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
zoedew:

2. That position in law is incurable! You cannot correct a proceeding that is not in existence! You cannot place your lovely dish of fried rice on air and expect to find it in one piece! It’ll be strange for you to insist on picking the sand infested fried rice for dinner! Don’t you get it!! A zillion press conferences won’t change that!!!
lol see Apc hyprocrite here. I guess you are the one that will rule on the supreme court case. nairaland judge I guess hyprocrite.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Badguy89:

Thanks I just did...
you are welcome.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by livelymatilda: 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Buy you spend all your life here..Jumping from one thread to supporting corrupt people and another posting thrash and nonsense...

Who is now the real hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
zoedew:

Our appeal is solidly on ground even after initial technical
exchanges. Technical issues like documentation are routine
matters which counsels and courts resolved.The substantive appeal has been adopted and judgement reserved till 5th of July.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Hmmm stop displaying your hyprocrisy here. you aren't any member of any political party but you are jumping from one political thread to another commenting, seriously your hyprocrisy is beyond redemption. how can you be saying that you are not a politician but you love to comment on political topics here. I guess you are hypocrite no doubt.
I Have Keen Interest In This Matter Because I'm Native Of Osun Who Believes In Equity, Fairness And Justice, Though I Could Appear Partisan Atimes. But I Have Never Been A Bigot And Would Never Be. With Dr Ikpeazu's Mistake Do You Think That Case Can Stand Legal Scrutiny? Are You Sure Those Judges Sincerely Accepted Ikpeazu's Apology? Who Amongst The Two Warring Sides Actually Presented Good Argument(s)? Will Supreme Court Not Throw The Appeal Away Owing To Technicalities. I Want Sincere Answers Based On What You Observed In The Procession. I Was So Busy I Couldn't Follow It. Thanks In Anticipation.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
livelymatilda:

Buy you spend all your life here..Jumping from one thread to supporting corrupt people and another posting thrash and nonsense...

not difficult to identify zombie, your hyprocrisy is beyond redemption. no Nigerian is comfortable with what the clueless lifeless buhari is doing in the government. average man on the street always cursed buhari and his cronies. I pray for you today that may God rule your life the way Apc ruled Nigeria by the clueless tyrant buhari that's has been ruling in the last 4 years now. say Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by ABSTRUSE: 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
tuniski:

Final judgement is on 5th.

How?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by ledamaster(m): 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
livelymatilda:

and your support for Tinubu is what exactly, how about the fraudster Gbaja de gbaja? TFOH with that idiotic wubish.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
Drbabalola:
I Have Keen Interest In This Matter Because I'm Native Of Osun Who Believes In Equity, Fairness And Justice, Though I Could Appear Partisan Atimes. But I Have Never Been A Bigot And Would Never Be. With Dr Ikpeazu's Mistake Do You Think That Case Can Stand Legal Scrutiny? Are You Sure Those Judges Sincerely Accepted Ikpeazu's Apology? Who Amongst The Two Warring Sides Actually Presented Good Argument(s)? Will Supreme Court Not Throw The Appeal Away Owing To Technicalities. I Want Sincere Answers Based On What You Observed In The Procession. I Was So Busy I Couldn't Follow It. Thanks In Anticipation.
Mr technicalities please let the supreme court judges decide on the outcome of the case.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
Drbabalola:
matters which counsels and courts resolved.The substantive appeal has been adopted and judgement reserved till 5th.We are waiting for the adoption of briefs of the cross appeal.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by slivertongue: 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2019
i pray ur desire comes true cos adeleke won bt wen u see a panel out 2do a hachet job pls shine ur eyes.wishin u victory

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Drbabalola:
please go and read the nation newspaper, Punchng, tribuneonlineng and thenigerialawyer online newspaper on today's supreme court hearing. it's there for you to judge it by yourself. stop hearing propaganda from different quarters. journalists covered the sittings and it's on the press media.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by ABSTRUSE: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
tuniski:

Final judgement is on 5th.

Woow! But when was the appeal filed that judgment will be delivered in less than two months?
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by livelymatilda: 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
not difficult to identify zombie, your hyprocrisy is beyond redemption. no Nigerian is comfortable with what the clueless lifeless buhari is doing in the government. average man on the street always cursed buhari and his cronies. I pray for you today that may God rule your life the way Apc ruled Nigeria by the clueless tyrant buhari that's has been ruling in the last 4 years now. say Amen.
All you know if you scream hypocrite and google upandan. You still haven't said amen to my prayer points.

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by ABSTRUSE: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
senatordave1:

Impossible.the supreme court has 30 days to deliver judgment and 5th July is way past 30 days

It's 60 days.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
please go and read the nation newspaper, Punchng, tribuneonlineng and thenigerialawyer online newspaper on today's supreme court hearing. it's there for you to judge it by yourself. stop hearing propaganda from different quarters. journalists covered the sittings and it's on the press media.
Little Do You Know That My Favourite Newspaper Is Punch? I Even Bookmarked Dailytrust, Tribune, Vanguard And Sahara Reporters On My Phone Browser Just To Have Firsthand News As They Break. But It's Beyond The Ethics Of Journalism To Publish Well Detailed Information Of Court Proceedings Until Judgement Is Passed. It's Only Those Who Walk Extra Mile That Will Get The Raw Information. It's Not A Crime If You Answer My Initial Questions Based On What You Grabbed, So Far It's A Sincere Response, I Will Appreciate It. Or You Think I Support A.P.C?
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
Drbabalola:
Little Do You Know That My Favourite Newspaper Is Punch? I Even Bookmarked Dailytrust, Tribune, Vanguard And Sahara Reporters On My Phone Browser Just To Have Firsthand News As They Break. But It's Beyond The Ethics Of Journalism To Publish Well Detailed Information Of Court Proceedings Until Judgement Is Passed. It's Only Those Who Walk Extra Mile That Will Get The Raw Information. It's Not A Crime If You Answer My Initial Questions Based On What You Grabbed, So Far It's A Sincere Response, I Will Appreciate It. Or You Think I Support A.P.C?
OK I heard you. check this thenationonlineng newspaper link on the supreme court hearing : https://thenationonlineng.net/osun-oyetola-apc-inec-ask-supreme-court-to-dismiss-adelekes-appeal/ read more on page 2 here: https://thenationonlineng.net/osun-oyetola-apc-inec-ask-supreme-court-to-dismiss-adelekes-appeal/2/
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 8:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
matters which counsels and courts resolved.The substantive appeal has been adopted and judgement reserved till 5th of July.

What you need to understand is that the Court these days are enjoined to embody the ruling on the preliminary objection in the judgment. It does not necessarily mean the preliminary objection has been dismissed. It is because the interest of justice is paramount. The court will do substantial justice not technical justice. However what you refer to as “technical issues like routine documentation” will be excused only where they are procedural in nature and not countenanced where they have to do with substantive law. My focus is not on misstatement of parties- small do that is! The real issue is the signature on the Notice Of Appeal and the name which refers to two different people. The law is that an action in court - in this instance an appeal- is competent only when it is brought in the manner prescribed by law: it MUST be signed by a legal practitioner or the party litigating. Thus a Notice Of Appeal like the one before the SC and under discussion will be held to be incompetent because what purports to be the signature belongs to two different people not one as required by the law - it need not be a signature- a name will suffice but that is not the case here. I can wager that they will not waste precious judicial time considering the substantive appeal because when all is said and done there is really none before the SC on the matter. Having so said it is conceded that the law is not 1+1=2. Rather, it lies in the breast of the noble law Lords of the SC. We hopefully should learn some more law on July the 5th, 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
zoedew:

What you need to understand is that the Court these days are enjoined to embody the ruling on the preliminary objection in the judgment. It does not necessarily mean the preliminary objection has been dismissed. It is because the interest of justice is paramount. The court will do substantial justice not technical justice. However what you refer to as “technical issues like routine documentation” will be excused only where they are procedural in nature and not countenanced where they have to do with substantive law. My focus is not on misstatement of parties- small do that is! The real issue is the signature on the Notice Of Appeal and the name which refers to two different people. The law is that an action in court - in this instance an appeal- is competent only when it is brought in the manner prescribed by law: it MUST be signed by a legal practitioner or the party litigating. Thus a Notice Of Appeal like the one before the SC and under discussion will be held to be incompetent because what purports to be the signature belongs to two different people not one as required by the law - it need not be a signature- a name will suffice but that is not the case here. I can wager that they will not waste precious judicial time considering the substantive appeal because when all is said and done there is really none before the SC on the matter. Having so said it is conceded that the law is not 1+1=2. Rather, it lies in the breast of the noble law Lords of the SC. We hopefully should learn some more law on July the 5th, 2019!
Infact the supreme court of justice will first of all rule on the preliminary objection challenging the suit. The Supreme Court reserved ruling on the Preliminary Objection and the Motion for amendment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation / Buhari And A Friend Before Joining Army (Photo) / In This Nigeria, Peter Obi Is My Own Jesus Christ - Charly Boy (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.