Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates (39102 Views)

2019 Presidential Election: Live Updates And Reports / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:24am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
The Supreme Court Justices have entered the court to commence hearing of the Osun Governorship appeals filed by the PDP and Adeleke. The CJN is presiding.
Op,there's a contradiction.the cjn last week named a five man panel to be chaired by jsc rhodes vivour to hear this case and four other judges.the cjn wasn't part of the list.how come the cjn is presiding?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:24am On Jun 17, 2019
Dr Ikpeazu, upon inquiry from the Court said the essence of their application is to amend as 1st and 2nd Respondents to read 1st and 2nd Appellants.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:25am On Jun 17, 2019
Chief Olanipekun adopted and relied on the counter affidavit and written address to dismiss the application. He said the application is vague, no attachment, and the application is complicit. The prayer is not grantable.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2019
id911:

Why did you say that Sir?
My brother,any victory less than 50k margin is not a victory to boast of.it is why this case is under contention.you cant boast that the electorates wanted you.look at the margin of victory in oyo,kwara,gombe and compare

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:27am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
Chief Olanipekun adopted and relied on the counter affidavit and written address to dismiss the application. He said the application is vague, no attachment, and the application is complicit. The prayer is not grantable.
Wole is so good in technicalities and loopholes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2019
Chief Olanipekun submitted that the prayers are vague and the Supreme Court cannot be searching for the missing details.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2019
The Court asked Dr Ikpeazu where are the processes to be deemed as having been amended.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2019
fergie001:

So you don land here abi? grin

You and I know how that election went oooo
Brother any election where the acclaimed victor didnt win well is shaky.adeleke may have won but i dont think he presented enough facts and the tribunal made a lot of mistakes

4 Likes

The Supreme Court reserved ruling on the Preliminary Objection and the Motion for amendment.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:31am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
The Court asked Dr Ikpeazu where are the processes to be deemed as having been amended.
Another mistake that wole will take advantage of

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by chris4gold(m): 10:31am On Jun 17, 2019
senatordave1:

Wole is so good in technicalities and loopholes.

That is my fear, wondering if ikpeazu will be able to stand him

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Chubhie: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2019
I hope say Channels dey show am?
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2019
Dr Ikpeazu identified the Brief of argument as being filed on the 24th May, 2019. and the Reply Brief was filed on 30th of May. He prayed the court to allow the appeal and set aside the judgment of the Court of Appeal and restored the Tribunal verdict
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by id911(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2019
senatordave1:

My brother,any victory less than 50k margin is not a victory to boast of.it is why this case is under contention.you cant boast that the electorates wanted you.look at the margin of victory in oyo,kwara,gombe and compare

It doesn't matter the margin so far it is in consonance with the provision of the constitution and the law ...Victory is victory!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2019
The CJN rejected the request for further adumbration by Dr. Ikpeazu. The CJN said the Brief of the Appellants was 43 and that the Appellant decided not to paginate some pages.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Chubhie: 10:33am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
Chief Olanipekun submitted that the prayers are vague and the Supreme Court cannot be searching for the missing details.
How i go take stream am?
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by tuniski: 10:34am On Jun 17, 2019
Chubhie:
I hope say Channels dey show am?
Court proceedings aint for television.

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by id911(m): 10:34am On Jun 17, 2019
Wait! OP, is Bode Rhodes-Vivour not presiding? He's the Chairman of the Panel not CJN

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2019
The CJN is complaining about the Appellants' Brief and the spacing.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by fergie001: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2019
senatordave1:

Brother any election where the acclaimed victor didnt win well is shaky.adeleke may have won but i dont think he presented enough facts and the tribunal made a lot of mistakes
But the Appeal Court didn't make a mistake?.....welldone

Well,I don't give a damn sha.....I get my own cross to carry....Osunlites can take care of themselves.....
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
Dr Abiodun Layonu, SAN announce appearance for the APC together with Chief Yomi Aliu, SAN, Kolapo Alimi Esq, Olumide Olujinmi Esq, Akinsola Olujinmi Esq.
Why is Dr Abiodun Layonu appearing for APC abi is he not a Ede man like Oga Adeleke,I really pity the guy sha they just collected his money during that primaries leading to the election that is when I fear politics .Anyway make sure you bill Governor Oyetola lots of money o.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Chubhie: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2019
tuniski:

Court proceedings aint for television.
I'm not watching on television. Na laptop your lordship.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:39am On Jun 17, 2019
id911:
Wait! OP, is Bode Rhodes-Vivour not presiding? He's the Chairman of the Panel not CJN

Osun supreme court seven-man panel

1. Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammed- Chairman.
2. Justice Olabode Rhodes Vivour.
3. Justice Kumai Bayang Akaahs.
4. Justice Kudirat Kekere Ekun.
5. Justice Amiru Sanusi.
6. Justice Amina Adamu Augie.
7. Justice Paul Adamu Galinje

8 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Oghidi: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2019
Watching on how the equity will prevail on osun governor election
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:40am On Jun 17, 2019
Dr Ikpeazu applied that the decision in this appeal No 553 will apply appeals nos 554 and 555 2019
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:41am On Jun 17, 2019
The Respondents agreed with the application of Dr Ikpeazu that the judgment in appeal no 553 will apply in Appeal nos 554 and 555

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by forgiveness: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:

5. Justice Amiru Sanusi.

TKO lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Sanromeo(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2019
FLASH: Chief Olanipekun said that the Respondent Brief was filed on 28 May 2019 and adopted the brief. He urged the Court to dismiss the appeal and affirmed the judgment of the Court of Appeal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by seanfer(m): 10:44am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
FLASH: Chief Olanipekun said that the Respondent Brief was filed on 28 May 2019 and adopted the brief. He urged the Court to dismiss the appeal and affirmed the judgment of the Court of Appeal.

Can you please share the link where i stream it online..
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by tuniski: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2019
Chubhie:

I'm not watching on television. Na laptop your lordship.

It is not shown anywhere. You have to be in the court to witness It.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by id911(m): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:

5. Justice Amiru Sanusi.

It was a 5-man panel before with Bode to preside, I didn't know the CJN later made it a full panel. There must be a reason for making it a full panel of Justices

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
Dr Ikpeazu identified the Brief of argument as being filed on the 24th May, 2019. and the Reply Brief was filed on 30th of May. He prayed the court to allow the appeal and set aside the judgment of the Court of Appeal and restored the Tribunal verdict
That means the supreme court will deliver judgment before 27 June.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Six States That Can Confidently Survive Without Federal Allocation / Saraki, Orji Kalu, Lamido Sanusi, Others Celebrate US Independence In Abuja.pics / Exposed! Power Play Behind Buhari’s Super Ministers’ Appointments: Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.