Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates (39168 Views)

2019 Presidential Election: Live Updates And Reports / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
olagbola45:

apc shot itself in zamfara so what your point on justice?or you think if apc house is in other in dat state pdp will win dia never

osun self apc house is not in order more reason we having dis shit today. what your point?

kano you think it will happen lol...man you a failure go get a life bro
but if they ruled in your party favor, they don't shot themselves in the foot Abi. stop living in your deluded state of mind here. law has improved Beyond what you are thinking here. your propaganda and lies didn't fly here at all.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Dr. Ikpeazu today at The Supreme Court!
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by olagbola45(m): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
but if they ruled in your party favor, they don't shot themselves in the foot Abi. stop living in your deluded state of mind here. law has improved Beyond what you are thinking here. your propaganda and lies didn't fly here at all.

keep on masturbating

July is close

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Clevite(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
tuniski:

Please update yourself, it is from the date appeal is filed. The appeal time lag is usually specified from days to weeks.
tuniski, it is obvious you're the one that needs to get yourself updated here. To make it easy for you, I refer you to the Constitution by which the Supreme Court is guided.

Please go and read Section 285(7) of 1999 Constitution(as amended). It states thus:

"An appeal from the decision of an election tribunal or Court of Appeal in an election matter shall be heard and disposed of within 60 days FROM THE DATE OF THE DELIVERY OF JUDGEMENT OF THE TRIBUNAL OR COURT OF APPEAL." ( emphasis mine)

Kindly give me any statutory provision contrary to this. I'm waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by ajericho(m): 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Jchi9876:

You sabi lie ooo .we dey hear when you were supporting pastor Iyamu for Edo you supported eyitayo or so in ondo and sifia pains in ekiti

You supported saraki in kwara and was pasting Atiku shit here up and down

Me sef witness am o

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Cajal(m): 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
senatordave1:

If so,the margin would be overwhelming
..let him be fooling himself

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Cajal(m): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
Dr Ikpeazu admitted that the notice of appeal was not attached as Exhibit and apologised to the court for the failure but was asked to be refer to the Record.
..no case
Congrats ileri oluwa

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Halezis(m): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
Updates. Who won oo?
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by tuniski: 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
Clevite:

tuniski, it is obvious you're the one that needs to get yourself updated here. To make it easy for you, I refer you to the Constitution by which the Supreme Court is guided.

Please go and read Section 285(7) of 1999 Constitution(as amended). It states thus:

"An appeal from the decision of an election tribunal or Court of Appeal in an election matter shall be heard and disposed of within 60 days FROM THE DATE OF THE DELIVERY OF JUDGEMENT OF THE TRIBUNAL OR COURT OF APPEAL." ( emphasis mine)

Please expand your horizon. Days don't count pending an Appeal but Effective upon Appeal. It is straightforward that is why there is status Bar!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2019
olagbola45:

keep on masturbating

July is close
Na you dey disgrace your self here now. keep on ranting here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by hismail1(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sanromeo:
Dr Ikpeazu admitted that the notice of appeal was not attached as Exhibit and apologised to the court for the failure but was asked to be refer to the Record.
How can an SAN be making this kind of rookie mistake, its shameful.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by tuniski: 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Clevite:

This citation actually confirms 60days upon appeal.

The entry line read thus ; ' An APPEAL.......... Hope you get it.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Clevite(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
tuniski:

Please expand your horizon. Days don't count pending an Appeal but Effective upon Appeal. It is straightforward that is why there is status Bar!
Are you still arguing against this clear provision of the Constitution, my dear Brother?! Which one is more straightforward in this matter now; the Constitution or your own unfounded opinion?

You don't argue with an explicitly stated provision of the law or Constitution. You can only do this when you have a statutory provision stating anything to the contrary. And I have asked you to provide me with one. Please back up your assertion with law.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Clevite(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
tuniski:

This citation actually confirms 60days upon appeal.

The entry line read thus ; ' An APPEAL.......... Hope you get it.
NO, my friend, no where from this clear provision is any thing "60 days upon appeal" is stated. Be calm and read again, the Constitution states "An appeal ... shall be heard and disposed of within 60 days FROM THE DATE OF THE DELIVERY OF JUDGEMENT OF ...THE COURT OF APPEAL."

In other words, 60 days start counting from the date Court of Appeal delivers it's Judgment. NO WHERE from this Constitutional provision is it stated that 60 days start counting from the date a party files his appeal but from the date the judgement to be appealed is delivered.

I think what you are misconstruing is the difference between the time appeal lies and when the appeal is filed. Electoral Act mandates a party willing to appeal to file the appeal within 21 days from the date the court delivers its judgment.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Ballack1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
With this panel,I don't see Adeleke wining . Nothing is impossible though

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by slivertongue: 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
looking at d names listed above dis appeal is dead on arrival. d arguments from both sides is to buy time. sori adeleke

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
zoedew:
Dr. Ikpeazu today at The Supreme Court!
Sir Can You Please Clarify Your Statement? Did Ikpeazu Did Well Or Performed Badly? And What Do You Think Will Likely Happen Based On His Arguments?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by AlphaT1(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
id911:

Do you think it's easy to bribe or influence the Supreme Court justices? They are like a brick wall, extremely difficult. We are talking Supreme Court here not Appeal Court or other lower courts
What are you saying pls? Those guys are richer than the president, how much do you think is their total legitimate emolument?..Leave this ur story abeg....we are all Nigerians, you don't need to cook any cock and bull story for us, we can see with our eyes and hear with our ears.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
Drbabalola:
Sir Can You Please Clarify Your Statement? Did Ikpeazu Did Well Or Performed Badly? And What Do You Think Will Likely Happen Based On His Arguments?

The thing speaks for itself! You cannot place something on nothing - it won’t stand! In the bid to cure the incurable the patient who needed the cure - the Notice Of Appeal in question- was not attached to the application seeking healing! The Supreme Court for obvious reasons was lenient with Dr. Ikpeazu who is a bomb in Court any day and in the knowledge of that indulged him. If it was not the lawyer whose name appears on the court papers as having signed who did the petition is dead on arrival! For all the money in the world the lawyer in question will not risk jail by insisting it was his signature when it is clear it wasn’t. It all just collapsed like a pack of cards! Truth is, a house built on the quicksand of dishonesty that Sen. Ademola Adeleke’s life and political ambition is certainly is sure to collapse somehow, someday and via harakiri! And so much money gone down the drain! Money back not guaranteed!!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
On the other hand, I submit that section 140(2) of the Electoral Act, even if it is held to still be effective, is IRRELEVANT to the majority decision in Osun. This is because, in my humble opinion, section 140(2) can only be USED or be applied in these three instances: 1. Where an election tribunal or court nullifies the ENTIRE election on the ground that the person who obtained the highest votes at the election was not qualified to contest the election, or 2. Where an election tribunal or court nullifies the ENTIRE election on the ground that election was marred by substantial irregularities or 3. Where an election tribunal or court nullifies the ENTIRE election on the ground that there was SUBSTANTIAL non- compliance with the provisions of this Act. Based, on that section, I think it is only where ANY ONE of the above three options applies that the election tribunal or court is mandated to not declare the person with the second highest votes as elected, but to order a fresh election. In my humble view, none of those three instances WAS PRESENT in the OSUN State scenario. Accordingly, section 140(2) does not apply. Reasons: 1. In Osun State, the Tribunal’s decision DID NOT nullify the ENTIRE election as invalid. Only the rerun election was canceled; so, section 140(2) is inapplicable; 2. In the Osun State case, the Tribunal’s decision did not declare that the person earlier declared winner (Oyetola) was not qualified to contest. So, Section 140(2) is irrelevant here; 3. The Tribunal’s decision in Osun did not declare that there was substantial non-compliance of the entire election, with the Electoral Act. The Tribunal’s decision was only that some part (namely THE RERUN ELECTION in 7 wards) did not comply with the Electoral Act. It was only the seven (7) wards adversely affected, and NOT THE ENTIRE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION, that was canceled and deducted So, section 140(2) has no relevance here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
AlphaT1:

What are you saying pls? Those guys are richer than the president, how much do you think is their total legitimate emolument?..Leave this ur story abeg....we are all Nigerians, you don't need to cook any cock and bull story for us, we can see with our eyes and hear with our ears.

As things stand presently it would amount to an overkill for anyone on the Oyetola Team to bribe SC even if that were a legitimate thing to do. Adeleke appeal is dead on arrival. If you kick another’s vehicle with a master key used by thieves you are a thief! The Notice Of Appeal in Law was not signed and as such there was no Appeal before The Supreme Court and the time to do so having lapsed and election petitions being time bound the Court Of Appeal decision stands with the Dancing Bear out in the cold!

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
slivertongue:
looking at d names listed above dis appeal is dead on arrival. d arguments from both sides is to buy time. sori adeleke
As if you are the judge in the case. continue with your propaganda. God Dr. Ikpeazu for his submission of his address today. the 4 appeal was heavily loaded with the supreme court deciding on the case. he started with tribunal judgement and it shows vividly that he succeed in his submission today. I don't even see Apc saying that distinguish senator Ademola Adeleke isn't qualified for the governorship seat. I guess last month appeal court judgement on the Adeleke eligibility has put an end to their lies and propaganda. God bless Dr. Ikpeazu more for his submission today.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by engineerboat(m): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
tuniski:

Exactly.

So all APC blow hot, olanipekun kill it.

Is just drama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
On the other hand, I submit that section 140(2) of the
Electoral Act, even if it is held to still be effective, is
IRRELEVANT to the majority decision in Osun. This is because,
in my humble opinion, section 140(2) can only be USED or be
applied in these three instances:
1. Where an election tribunal or court nullifies the ENTIRE
election on the ground that the person who obtained the
highest votes at the election was not qualified to contest
the election, or
2. Where an election tribunal or court nullifies the ENTIRE
election on the ground that election was marred by
substantial irregularities or
3. Where an election tribunal or court nullifies the ENTIRE
election on the ground that there was SUBSTANTIAL non-
compliance with the provisions of this Act.
Based, on that section, I think it is only where ANY ONE of the
above three options applies that the election tribunal or court
is mandated to not declare the person with the second highest
votes as elected, but to order a fresh election. In my humble
view, none of those three instances WAS PRESENT in the
OSUN State scenario. Accordingly, section 140(2) does not
apply. Reasons:
1. In Osun State, the Tribunal’s decision DID NOT nullify the
ENTIRE election as invalid. Only the rerun election was
canceled; so, section 140(2) is inapplicable;
2. In the Osun State case, the Tribunal’s decision did not
declare that the person earlier declared winner (Oyetola)
was not qualified to contest. So, Section 140(2) is
irrelevant here;
3. The Tribunal’s decision in Osun did not declare that there
was substantial non-compliance of the entire election,
with the Electoral Act. The Tribunal’s decision was only
that some part (namely THE RERUN ELECTION in 7
wards) did not comply with the Electoral Act. It was only
the seven (7) wards adversely affected, and NOT THE
ENTIRE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION, that was canceled
and deducted So, section 140(2) has no relevance here.

Fine, but the SC with the crushing workload they bear daily has no time for long judgment here when it is apparent that the matter is not before them in the light of my submission above! They are no busybodies! They will use the shortcut to return the foul package of a Notice Of Appeal back to the sender at Wadata Plaza by just flinging same out the plexiglass ceiling of The Supreme Court at The Three Arms Zone, Abuja!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
zoedew:

As things stand presently it would amount to an overkill for anyone on the Oyetola Team to bribe SC even if that were a legitimate thing to do. Adeleke appeal is dead on arrival. If you kick another’s vehicle with a master key used by thieves you are a thief! The Notice Of Appeal in Law was not signed and as such there was no Appeal before The Supreme Court and the time to do so having lapsed and election petitions being time bound the Court Of Appeal decision stands with the Dancing Bear out in the cold!
you will already know that this is APC apologist write-up, always biased in everything they do. besides we never heard your lies and propaganda today in the supreme court on the eligibility of Adeleke today in the supreme. what happened? I guess the appeal court in Abuja has put an end to that last month in the court of appeal saying distinguished senator Ademola Adeleke is eligible to contest for the governorship seat. Dr. Ikpeazu did well in today's submissions in the supreme court hearing of the governorship election. I really applaud him. God bless his wisdom.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by ejimatic: 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
Jchi9876:

I pity your blood pressure on July 5.
We no go see your break light that day
You go dey hide face like tolotolo
. [quote author=ejimatic post=79143666]. justice Kaliu who was former CJN said "litigation must end somewhere and in Nigeria it is at the supreme court.Even if there are errors in our judgement at the supreme court it is the final and the errors can be corrected in heaven" If the supreme court judgement can be erroneous I wonder why some people are still political fanatics and psychologically disturbed on Nairaland.To such ones only God can deliver them from their immaturity and uncivilised behaviour. With due respect to educated mature and intelligent people on Nairaland , June 17 is important in the Osun crisis.It is a day both APC and PDP presented their cases .. The apex court will decide what is suitable. Additionally I expect the Supreme court to discuss on many issues in relation to Tribunal and appeal court judgements July 5 is judgement day..Till then all those interested in Osun matter should be tolerant to one another ,listen to one another's opinion and ideas even if they are different from yours. Remember the apex court will decide on it and whether erroneous or just it is final.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
zoedew:

Fine, but the SC with the crushing workload they bear daily has no time for long judgment here when it is apparent that the matter is not before them in the light of my submission above! They are no busybodies! They will use the shortcut to return the foul package of a Notice Of Appeal back to the sender at Wadata Plaza by just flinging same out the plexiglass ceiling of The Supreme Court at The Three Arms Zone, Abuja!
funny nairalander, I guess you are the judge that will precide on the case on July 5, you are very funny ooooooo. besides you guys never raise the eligibility case in the court today, I guess the APC members that went to court cos' of Ademola Adeleke has paid 3m naira they owed Ademola Adeleke in the appeal court judgement against the eligibility case. God bless Ikpeazu submissions for today. I will inform you here that the Lord justices in the supreme court will never do short cut in their judgement, they will start from the tribunal judgement.
Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by zoedew: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
Johnnyessence:
As if you are the judge in the case. continue with your propaganda. God Dr. Ikpeazu for his submission of his address today. the 4 appeal was heavily loaded with the supreme court deciding on the case. he started with tribunal judgement and it shows vividly that he succeed in his submission today. I don't even see Apc saying that distinguish senator Ademola Adeleke isn't qualified for the governorship seat. I guess last month appeal court judgement on the Adeleke eligibility has put an end to their lies and propaganda. God bless Dr. Ikpeazu more for his submission today.

There are no sentiments in law - A verbis legis non recedendum est! It is your choice to say Dr. Ikpeazu was at his best of a lifetime today before the Supreme Court but that won’t change a thing! The Supreme Court verdict of dismissal that will embrace the fraudulent Dancing Bear is presently doing press-ups for the long distance it should take to reach him given that he is still ensconced far away from the shores of Nigeria on the ostensible ground of ill-health.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Hearing Of Osun Governorship Election: Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
ejimatic:
Mr ejimatic, thanks for your reply here. you speak your conscience here. thanks. of course the supreme court of justice will decide on the governorship case from the tribunal judgement and the appeal. that's why I applaud Dr. Ikpeazu submissions in today's sittings. I have read enough of today's from different online newspaper today and I deemed it fit that Dr. Ikpeazu argued based on the constitution and laws of the election. I mean he spoke more of his appeal on the electoral laws. God bless his wisdom for the submission. thanks for your reply ejimatic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Going For Vacation In Dubai - Sahara Repoters / INEC To Tribunal: Obi's Petition Is Abusive, Incompetent And Should Be Dismissed / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.