Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) (35050 Views)

No Crane For 3 Hours As Container Falls On A Car, Killing A Lady In Ilesa, Osun / Occupants Of Car Crushed By 40-Foot Container In Lagos Speak Out After Survial / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Saltoflife: 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sad sad sad..

I am teaching digital marketing for those interested on whatsap. ..it may take weeks o. But if you're ready hop in or slide in my whatsap. Now
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Lovelyn451(f): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
And there's a knot or bolt on the lorry and container, but they won't just lock it, once they hit a pothole or sharpbend, the container falls off
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by balonaija(f): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
hm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
MyGeneration:
talk reasonably
actually they don't
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Ovasize(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
For Apapa before you cross road you must look left, look right, look left again then look up before u cross to avoid stories that touch the heart

2 Likes

Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by ajericho(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
TANID:
Our Government Don't Care About Our Life Anymore

Na government dey drive the truck?
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Emyjeze(m): 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
so nobody covers the one that falls at iyana iba market.... like everyday since T
two weeks now
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Reference(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
MobilityExpress:
The time I worked as a terminal officer at apapa, I usually checked the hooks, if your hook is bad I won't let the plant man load your trailer. But well, sometimes, the terminal manager would override and instruct me to load them. Decongesting the terminal was his priority. Couldn't blame him, many of tthe trucks had bad hooks, and trying to enforce it at our terminal means we would have a serious traffic problem in our hands. And most of the truck drivers were agberoish, if you don't load them, they gang up and block your terminal. At the end of the day, you have customers to serve, whom don't want to pay demurrage more than they incurred. So the whole thing is complicated. Only government is strong enough to tackle the trailer unions about this matter. There's nothing terminals can do without suffering serious backlash that will cripple operations.

Open up other ports and all this grammar will end, period. New roads are being constructed by all citizens, new rail lines by the Federal Government, new airports by state governments, all to decongest traffic and attract business.

Why are ports and sea freight immune from development, expansion and new investment. What is the hindrance if not for cartels and vested interest.
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by TANID(m): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
dkronicle:
let them die
Hahahahahahaha! grin
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by dingbang(m): 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ok.. I am fed up. I am not relocating to lagos again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Raypawer(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Allow him post it so we know whats going on!

vizkiz:
Lmao... I am a regular visitor of apapa tincan and I can tell you this happens everyday!

If you dey go apapa, na to park your motor for somewhere and carry bike. No be apapa again? Abegi grin
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Rhea(f): 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Earlier today, a 20-foot loaded container fell off its carrier truck. The accident occurred under the bridge, Danlami, inward Area B, Apapa, Lagos.

The fallen container occupied about 60%.of the road. In the process, it caused a bit of traffic impedance.

Officials of LASTMA were available to manage the traffic situation.

A private recovery vehicle was later contracted to salvage the situation.

See photos below.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/again-another-20-foot-container-falls-off-its-carrier-truck-in-lagos-photos-autojosh/

This one missed its usual target. No small vehicle beside to crush. Stupid country. Lagos state has demonstrated that not one person in the entire administration can enforce the use of harness and restrainers on containers exiting the port. Country of idiots.
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Omofranca(f): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
TANID:
Our Government Don't Care About Our Life Anymore

nothing will be done to ensure that these containers are secured until one falls off and kills a very senior government official sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by tck2000(m): 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
Container and Lagos
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Alejobs: 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
It takes a lot of discipline to drive on Lagos road without getting infuriated
Re: 20-foot Container Falls Off Its Carrier Truck In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Alejobs: 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2019
What can we do without reliable power really? We don't deserve this heat!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Portion Of The Track That Causes The Train Accident In Agege - Video / Travel To Ghana By Road / An Overview Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Site - Photos & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.