Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 (27506 Views)

Babagana Kingibe (Abiola's Vice In 1993) Gets Emotional As He Meets Tinubu / Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO / Babagana Kingibe Scheming To Succeed Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Ayed44: 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
APCHaram:

So you don't know that prior to declaring June 12 a public holiday and naming Abuja stadium after Abiola, Buhari granted approval for MKO to be posthumously declared as former president which Kingibe automatically benefited as ex VP?
Abiola was never a president. You cannot be a president unless u swore to the oath of office. What Buhari for Abiola was a mere honor. Abiola was never declared a president elect by the chairman of the electoral commission and Abiola was never sworn in as a president.
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by APCHaram: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ayed44:
Abiola was never a president. You cannot be a president unless u swore to the oath of office. What Buhari for Abiola was a mere honor. Abiola was never declared a president elect by the chairman of the electoral commission and Abiola was never sworn in as a president.

But he was given the highest honor as GCFRN

That title is reserved for sitting heads of state

1 Like

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Ayed44: 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
APCHaram:

But he was given the highest honor as GCFRN

That title is reserved for sitting heads of state
It was a honor. Some people criticized GEJ when he awarded GCON, an Honor essentially meant for vice presidents, to Dangote and Mike Adenuga.
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Ejanla07: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
Perfect definition of ANY GOVERNMENT IN POWER___----AGIP
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by themanderon: 7:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
Just look at what this one is saying. He must really think everyone is as stupid as their followers.
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by mekuxiani(m): 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by blaise26abj(m): 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
Justiceleague1:

1st thing 1st,did you vote for APC or not?

2015 yeah, 2019 no.
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Justiceleague1: 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
blaise26abj:

2015 yeah, 2019 no.

You see!!!

You people laid the foundation for evil and evil have structured itself and keeps structuring itself everywhere.
Now you want us to do something about it and the igbos come up with Kanu/ipob and we Niger Deltans come up with our own demands,you yorubas are the 1st and the loudest to bring us down..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Organs(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
wink2015:

Nice one from Kingibe.

MKO Abiola did not use his number 6.

He miscalculated by declaring himself as President thinking that the Americans will come to his rescue.

If MKO Abiola had gone back to America and settle with his wives in America he would have been alive today.

Unlike Kingibe, Chief Abiola did not use wisdom to handle the JUNE 12 DEBACLE.

He unfortunately paid with his life under Abacha incarceration.

ALL THOSE WHO MISLED CHIEF MKO ABIOLA TO DECLARE HIMSELF PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. WHERE ARE THEY TODAY?

THEY ARE LIVING HALE AND HEARTY AFTER MISLEADING CHIEF ABIOLA TO GO ON THE WRONG AND DANGERIOUS LANE.

YOU SHOULD NOT DARE A MILITARY LEADER ! NO MATTER WHAT !

Who is this coward for Gods sake? This must be someone from SW Nigeria. They are the known cowards. Abiola is a hero, we have democracy today because of his fight for democracy. He died so you can have justice, equality, free and fair elections and a complete democratic process. FCT Stadium is named after him, he has written his name in Gold in the history of Nigeria. You that is alive, what have you done to advance human progress? You just wake up, work, eat, shit, then sleep? No wonder your ancestors were killing twins before Mary Slessor came around.
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by blaise26abj(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2019
Justiceleague1:

You see!!!

You people laid the foundation for evil and evil have structured itself and keeps structuring itself everywhere.
Now you want us to do something about it and the igbos come up with Kanu/ipob and we Niger Deltans come up with our own demands,you yorubas are the 1st and the loudest to bring us down..

What foundation for evil? PDP was the evil master, APC is a lesser evil. Both of them are not what we need , unfortunately there really isn’t much of an alternative. My point however is that attacking other tribes won’t lead to a strong coalition. It has only led to suspicion and enmity. How can you expect yorubas to work with Kanu when he goes around abusing the tribe?
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by poseidon12: 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
Shameless betrayer.
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by EagleNest(m): 4:31am On Jun 18, 2019
What a lame excuse! You said you won June 12 election, but you see it as national interest not to fight for that mandate. Rather you decided to help your enemy by joining his camp and walking out from your compatriot. It beats all human and spiritual logic and imaginations.

Is that how you would have served as our commander in chief? You walk away when there is trouble.

Now your compatriot have fought for his mandate and sadly lost his life and you're alive today reaping from where you did not sow.

I don't know what best to call you....
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by kinguwem: 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ayed44:
It was a honor. Some people criticized GEJ when he awarded GCON, an Honor essentially meant for vice presidents, to Dangote and Mike Adenuga.
The Senate President & Chief Justice of Nigeria are also awarded GCON.
Kingibe is an opportunist. He abandoned MKO & the June 12 struggle. He joined his tribal man in his government & lost relevance politically.
Umaru Yar'Adua made him SGF but he betrayed him when he's sick & was sacked.
He'd gone into political oblivion before he's rehabilitated by PMB. What an irony!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bawa’s Suspension: Hurricane Tinubu Strikes Again – Adeyanju / Gunman Arrested In Kaduna Found With A Brigadier-general's Complimentary Card / Tinubu, Aregbesola Meet With NLC Members In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.