Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 (27503 Views)

Babagana Kingibe (Abiola's Vice In 1993) Gets Emotional As He Meets Tinubu / Buhari Finally Recognizes Babagana Kingibe As Vice President to MKO / Babagana Kingibe Scheming To Succeed Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by donttouchme: 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sir, you are a traitor.

2 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by livebyday(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
illiteratepmb:
Hehehe...the same thing will definitely happen to Tinubu in 2023. Don't joke with the North when it comes to power grabbing. The APC supporters , out of greed, will never learn. It happened to past leaders and will definitely happen to Tinubu. If you know, you know grin

I edited your comment to be more civil

Respect others culture ,leaders, tribes , religion and beliefs

Nairaland is getting sanitized so when international community come here they see a better Nigeria , change starts with each of you

Be cautioned in your comments

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by gbadexy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
Oyinlicious:
Not a fan of politics I heard he is a good man
That nearly betrayed yardua too.

2 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by clintonfrank: 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
National interest or you mean to say personal interest supersede party and any others. Contact +2349073302022 professional Website of any kind
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by olujegs(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
O
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by martowskin1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
I WISH ABACHA is ALIVE TO GIVE HIS OWN PART OF THE STORY .....

i see so many claiming hero with his name

3 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by wink2015(m): 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
My Role In Abacha’s Government Was For National Interest, Says Kingibe

Former running mate to late Moshood Abiola in the 1993 Presidential election, Babagana Kingibe has explained that his decision to take a role in the late military leader, General Sani Abachas regime, was for the national interest which he put above his personal feelings.

Kingibe made this known to journalists in Maiduguri, Borno State, during a solidarity visit to Governor Babagana Umara on Sunday.

He said that his actions were in line with the teachings of the Muslim faith, which he professed that leadership comes from God which he accepted in good fate.

When we think of the collective good there are times when we have to sacrifice personal interest and join hands in rebuilding society and bringing peace and harmony to our people: I have addressed this issue of why did I join Abachas government and so on.

I know we won the elections on June 12, 1993, I know that injustice was done when those elections were annulled but there is always one guiding principle in my public life which is that the national interest supersedes any other consideration and all my actions have been informed by this consciousness of what is best in the national interest.

The former minister who is from Borno state said he was particularly happy with the magnitude of celebration that took place in his home state to mark the new democracy day, which signifies love and solidarity towards him as a son of the soil and a key player in the events of that year.

I dont think the celebration on the actual 12th of June 1993 was any greater than the celebration of the first democracy day on June 12; And for that I have to thank the Governor who gave the leadership, thank the people of Borno not only for celebrating June 12 as democracy day per se, but I know that they also had in mind that one of their own, their own son was also a critical player, I appreciate the confidence and love.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2019/06/16/my-role-in-abachas-government-was-for-national-interest-says-kingibe/amp/

Nice one from Kingibe.

MKO Abiola did not use his number 6.

He miscalculated by declaring himself as President thinking that the Americans will come to his rescue.

If MKO Abiola had gone back to America and settle with his wives in America he would have been alive today.

Unlike Kingibe, Chief Abiola did not use wisdom to handle the JUNE 12 DEBACLE.

He unfortunately paid with his life under Abacha incarceration.

ALL THOSE WHO MISLED CHIEF MKO ABIOLA TO DECLARE HIMSELF PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. WHERE ARE THEY TODAY?

THEY ARE LIVING HALE AND HEARTY AFTER MISLEADING CHIEF ABIOLA TO GO ON THE WRONG AND DANGERIOUS LANE.

YOU SHOULD NOT DARE A MILITARY LEADER ! NO MATTER WHAT !

1 Like

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Alejobs: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Vic74real: 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
Damage control.I pity you.You are a traitor History will never be kind to you

2 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by isaacsegun(m): 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
Trust a kanuri man at ur own peril. I have never seen a tribe that is as corrupt as kanuri in the whole of Nigeria... From abacha to abdurasheed maina to babagana kingibe. anyone that have ever been to borno will understand me better.

8 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Saltoflife: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
How I wish I was around and old that time I for join abacha too... or I may not join him... I for decide then shaa.

I am teaching digital marketing for those interested on whatsap. ..it may take weeks o. But if you're ready hop in or slide in my whatsap. Now
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by illiteratepmb: 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
livebyday:

I edited your comment to be more civil

Respect others culture ,leaders, tribes , religion and beliefs

Nairaland is getting sanitized so when international community come here they see a better Nigeria , change starts with each of you

Be cautioned in your comments

Cheers

Mind yourself o. Can't you make your own comment and leave mine alone?

3 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Brightest04(m): 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
Story for the gods.I wonder how many of you have the national interest at heart,but your own selfish interest.
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by limeta(f): 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
He said that his actions were in line with the teachings of the Muslim faith, which he professed that leadership comes from God which he accepted in good fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-e1lyzNstI
cry
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by kayjay69(m): 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
Actions speak louder than words.

With that said and also with all the politeness I can muster, f**k what you heard!

Oyinlicious:
Not a fan of politics I heard he is a good man

2 Likes

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by livebyday(m): 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
illiteratepmb:

Mind yourself o. Can't you make your own comment and leave mine alone?

Why? grin

I like your comments .
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by captianfreeman(m): 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
See this one. undecided

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Kakamorufu(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
i fear hausa people ehn
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Justiceleague1: 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by balonaija(f): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by livebyday(m): 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Justiceleague1: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by livebyday(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
Justiceleague1:

Yoruba

grin

That name is flagged and derogatory kindly fix as I did and stop using it gentle man. And funny enough I am not .

So how is your day going ? Hope all is well
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Justiceleague1: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
livebyday:

That name is flagged and derogatory kindly fix as I did and stop using it gentle man. And funny enough I am not .

So how is your day going ? Hope all is well

Babu Wahala

grin
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by livebyday(m): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
Justiceleague1:

Babu Wahala

grin

Tor
Yaya iyki?
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by spiralwedge(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
He is an idiot who follows what his stomach says. A betrayer and one of the old Nigerian politicians that should fade away.
Nobody should take him seriosly. He should just go back to the grave

1 Like

Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Justiceleague1: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
livebyday:

Tor
Yaya iyki?

Iyki Lafiya
Re: Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 by Bulleye(m): 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
Kingibe has eaten his cake and still has it. In Nigeria all manner of crimes by people in authority in national interest: IBB annuled June 12 election in national interest; Abiola's wife, Kudirat,was killed by northern-led millatry junta killer squad in national interest; Abiola died in incaceration in national interest; and now all the securty high commands turn blind eyes and deaf ears to the killings by the invading west african Fulani and their their Nigerian Fulani in national interest. May Boko Haram take over Borno in national interest.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"You Have Ulterior Motives" - Malami Reply SW Governors Over Sanwo-Olu/CSP Saga / 2023: Lawan, Kalu Visit Katsina Ahead Of APC Presidential Primaries (Photos) / Why Kaduna Train Attackers Invaded Kuje Prison – Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.