Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" (21028 Views)

Osita Chidoka Suspended For Dropping 2 Corpses At Igwe's Palace. Graphic / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by Dredgemaster(m): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
Oga keep quiet, you all are the problems of this shit hole, had your Jonathan not failed woefully, even hundred tinubus would not have succeeded in decieving Nigerians into voting the lifeless one. But I promise you and your type one thing, one day, the fire will burn, it will burn so hard that no one will be able to put it out, it will consume you all, the road will be blocked, the sea will not be accessible, and the air? Even birds won't fly, let alone plane. Watch out!
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by deomelo: 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
9jaRealist:

Yes, there is....

DISCOs cannot generate power. They are only licensed to distribute power. Therefore, they can distribute (but NOT generate) alternative power supplies. Meanwhile, any potential investor in generation (including GENCOs) will require separate licenses and permits to construct and operate renewable energy plants of more than 30MW capacity (see current NERC regulations).
>

deomelo:

The GENCOs should be rolling out all kinds of products from wind energy to solar and so on, but they can not because they are chronically in debt and the DISCOs on the other hand can not pay for energy deliveries because they are also poor and in debt so how do you encourage the average energy investor to invest in our power sector.

Stop gyrating all over the place because you can not read and comprehend.

I know the difference between GENCOs and DISCOs and what they can or can not do so stop creating irrelevant argument.

The privatization model the past administration saddled us with is what's still in effect. If this model is not working, change the law, buy out their contracts and start from scratch.
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by ibietela2(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
9jaRealist:

I’m not a solar energy salesperson... cheesy
But if you take a LONG TERM view, it’s probably the CHEAPEST form of energy.
>

That's true
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2019
9jaRealist:

Dangote Cement uses coal to power some of its plants...
However, coal is mostly ‘dirty’ power and to make it safe is often not cost-efficient.
>

Nigeria can recycle the byproducts from coal.The most dangerous amongst it's end product is sulfur dioxide (SO2).
I think the flue gas can be channeled and compressed into a tank such that when oxygen is passed through,the sulfur dioxide can be gotten.In my sec school,I know SO2 is used to produce Hydrochloric Acid(Contact process) which in turn is used as an industrial chemical.

I can design a chemical reactor of the above process.its not rocket science

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by deomelo: 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Old dog hardly learn new tricks, still always trying to win arguments with irrelevant facts instead of addressing issues for what they are.
Who is arguing with you about definition of privatization?

Listen to yourself. You are not making sense yet.

That bold part is super dumb idea. You don't mandate a gas turbine owner to start generating solar or wind energy the way you are suggesting. This is a forum and not a occult meeting or dictatorship setting where they order to do things out of a general consensus or assumption.

Are you going to give the solar owner interest free loans to start a solar factory of farm?

lol....So, you are a GENCO and your job is power generation, but you can not make any money or generate any power because you depend on Gas that's not always available for tons of reasons to power your gas turbine, as a business man, do you need other people to tell you to diversify your operations by investing in other power generation methods with zero need for gas, like Solar and Wind? Is this not common sense and sound business decision? Do I have to tell you or explain this to you and even when they offer such suggestion, it is dictatorship? grin grin

This is why I hate getting into any back and forth with you Igbos.

Abeg go away, don't dull my brain with your elementary argument.
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
danjumakolo:

Nigeria can recycle the byproducts from coal.The most dangerous amongst it's end product is sulfur dioxide (SO2).
I think the flue gas can be channeled and compressed into a tank such that when oxygen is passed through,the sulfur dioxide can be gotten.In my sec school,I know SO2 is used to produce Hydrochloric Acid(Contact process) which in turn is used as an industrial chemical.

I can design a chemical reactor of the above process.its not rocket science

Bros, go for it...
There are so many opportunities in Nigeria precisely because there are so many challenges. Good luck.
>
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Stop passing the buck to me. You back up your claims of lack of such facilities or show us the GENCOs lacking them outrightly.

grin grin grin

How can I show you what I clearly stated does NOT exist? shocked

Conversely, quoting you verbatim “the structures to supply it are already there”, so please specifically cite said structures. We’er waiting. cheesy
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
deomelo:

Stop gyrating all over the place because you can not read and comprehend.

I know the difference between GENCOs and DISCOs and what they can or can not do so stop creating irrelevant argument.

The privatization model the past administration saddled us with is what's still in effect. If this model is not working, change the law, buy out their contracts and start from scratch.

Will not dignify the childish personal insults... cheesy

Your question was actually “[d]o we even have to tell the GENCOs and DISCOs to diversify and get into wind, solar and so on?”
My response/comment was limited to that, and frankly befuddled why any rational being would think that precludes changing the law. SMH
>
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by CodeTemplar: 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
deomelo:

lol....So, you are a GENCO and your job is power generation, but you can not make any money or generate any power because you depend on Gas that's not always available for tons of reasons to power your gas turbine, as a business man, do you need other people to tell you to diversify your operations by investing in other power generation methods with zero need for gas, like Solar and Wind? Is this not common sense and sound business decision? Do I have to tell you or explain this to you and even when they offer such suggestion, it is dictatorship? grin grin

This is why I hate getting into any back and forth with you Igbos.

Abeg go away, don't dull my brain with your elementary argument.
Dumb again. Will they use stone or money to diversify?
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by CodeTemplar: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

How can I show you what I clearly stated does NOT exist? shocked

Conversely, quoting you verbatim “the structures to supply it are already there”, so please specifically cite said structures. We’er waiting. cheesy
You are the one to show which GENCO is lacking the facilities. You implied that first.
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by deomelo: 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
9jaRealist:

Will not dignify the childish personal insults... cheesy

Your question was actually “[d]o we even have to tell the GENCOs and DISCOs to diversify and get into wind, solar and so on?”
My response/comment was limited to that, and frankly befuddled why any rational being would think that precludes changing the law. SMH
>

Don't blame your inability to read and comprehend simple English words on other people, I said "The GENCOs should be rolling out all kinds of products from wind energy to solar and so on, but they can not because they are chronically in debt and the DISCOs on the other hand can not pay for energy deliveries because they are also poor and in debt"

I was talking about improving their current operations, not for them to cross into each others areas of business. Learn how to read and comprehend.

What's that got to do with laws and changing laws? Do they have to change laws before GENCOs build solar plants and install wind turbines to generate power or for the DISCOS to invest and improve their operations? Exactly what laws must be changed for that to happen?

Encroaching into each others areas of business like GENCOs distributing instead of generating and vise versa, that's a different topic and argument, start your own topic to discuss that.

And where is the crime and offence in advising them to diversify to better their operations and serve Nigerians properly?

Is adapting and looking for better market opportunities not part of doing business?

If you have nothing better to discuss, please go away, I don't have time for silly and pointless argument.
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by deomelo: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
[s]
CodeTemplar:
Dumb again. Will they use stone or money to diversify?
[/s]

ipob I got your point, advising GENCOs to diversify is TYRANNY.. . grin grin

Not interested in your ignorant and unintelligent rubbish..
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by Hearme(m): 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
tactius:
Ok...I know I'm going to be called names for this, but here goes

If we want power to work...government has to allow the DISCOS charge for power. YES...power will cost a lot. YES...we would be paying N30000 and above per month. And the DISCOS should meter everyone(which is what is happening with MAP by the way).

But the thing is POWER IS PRIVATE....and POWER is now a business.(and ironically Chidioka's government was the one responsible for privatising power). And the reason why we are only seeing 5-6 hours of light per day...is because THAT IS WHAT OUR BILLS CAN PAY FOR.

Let's be realistic.

Hmmmmmm you want to use minimum wage to pay for power alone, you no go chop, children no go go school? LOL
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hearme:

Hmmmmmm you want to use minimum wage to pay for power alone, you no go chop, children no go go school? LOL

You that is typing this from your andorid or your PC....or tablet...are you earning below minninum wage?

If you were in business, would you buy goods at N800 a piece, and sell at N200 a piece because most of your customers are earning below minimum wage?

Okay......

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
9jaRealist:

I don’t think Mr. Chidoka was actually “lamenting” this development....
That adjective seems to be a mischaracterization of his tweet by the OP.
>
and no discerning minds... Just look at all irrelevant comments

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by mechanics(m): 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
That's the way o.
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by bilulu(m): 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
Enosa1:
The truth is that the average Nigerian feels entitled to power supply, many people are fond of bypassing the prepaid meter and also DISCOS are not ready to invest money into improving the power sector, all they are interested in is profit making.

Anyway solar energy is the best available solution to epileptic power supply in Nigeria for now. Many people consider the initial cost of setting up solar system and conclude that it's expensive. They forget that the cost of fueling and maintain generator for three month exceed the cost of installing solar.

We at SolarDuke Electrical is here to serve you.
Email us on solarduke01@gmail.com
yes you are right about bypassing but still let them start metering den the issue of bypassing will be handled in due course. for instance in Abuja, once your metre is bypassed you pay a fine of 50k. the DISCOs ain't ready for business all they care for is profit which they getting in Triple fold.... solar is best but an average Nigerian actually look at the cost of installation
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by bilulu(m): 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
9jaRealist:

Can you say the same for the Nigerian military, police or MDAs?
>
that is the business of the DISCOs if they can not collect their money. it's mostly like that because those places ain't metered. the moment you meter dem Bros they will be forced to buy power once they re out of card
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by EVarn(m): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
tactius:
Ok...I know I'm going to be called names for this, but here goes.

Several years ago, we privatised power...and since then power has been in private hands.

And one of the biggest problems has been financing. Yes, financing of power.

A lot of Nigerians don't pay for power. Add the fact that the bills we are paying are set below the actual cost of power. This has driven away investors, and we fail to attract new ones.

As a result, DISCOS and GENCOS don't have enough money. Last year, one of the DISCOS gave up and handed back over to the government because it was not making enough money to do business properly.

And the fact is, millions of Nigerians feel ENTITLED to free power. You know, if you guys were running businesses, and people came in and took your products for free...you would be wiped out financially.

If we want power to work...government has to allow the DISCOS charge for power. YES...power will cost a lot. YES...we would be paying N30000 and above per month. And the DISCOS should meter everyone(which is what is happening with MAP by the way).

But the thing is POWER IS PRIVATE....and POWER is now a business.(and ironically Chidioka's government was the one responsible for privatising power). And the reason why we are only seeing 5-6 hours of light per day...is because THAT IS WHAT OUR BILLS CAN PAY FOR.

Let's be realistic.
Do you think the average Nigerian can afford N30,000 electricity bill every month?
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
CodeTemplar:
You are the one to show which GENCO is lacking the facilities. You implied that first.

What does being “first” sequentially has to do with anything? shocked

NOBODY can show something that does NOT exist...
But it should be easy to show something that you explicitly stated EXISTS! grin grin grin
>
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
bilulu:

that is the business of the DISCOs if they can not collect their money. it's mostly like that because those places ain't metered. the moment you meter dem Bros they will be forced to buy power once they re out of card

Point is that you cannot (and should not) be using “international NGOs” as if representative of the average Nigerian consumer. They aren’t!
>
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
deomelo:

Don't blame your inability to read and comprehend simple English words on other people, I said "The GENCOs should be rolling out all kinds of products from wind energy to solar and so on, but they can not because they are chronically in debt and the DISCOs on the other hand can not pay for energy deliveries because they are also poor and in debt"

I was talking about improving their current operations, not for them to cross into each others areas of business. Learn how to read and comprehend.

What's that got to do with laws and changing laws? Do they have to change laws before GENCOs build solar plants and install wind turbines to generate power or for the DISCOS to invest and improve their operations? Exactly what laws must be changed for that to happen?

Encroaching into each others areas of business like GENCOs distributing instead of generating and vise versa, that's a different topic and argument, start your own topic to discuss that.

And where is the crime and offence in advising them to diversify to better their operations and serve Nigerians properly?

Is adapting and looking for better market opportunities not part of doing business?

If you have nothing better to discuss, please go away, I don't have time for silly and pointless argument.

Again, pass me with CHILDISH personal insults...
Shows a lack of substantively meritorious argument or a crude/poor upbringing. Either way, thanks but no thanks.
>
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by romme2u: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Electricity provision in this country has failed.
Oil producing nation cannot boast of 24 hours power supply.

Everybody is going solar

embarassed

yea it is now rocket science..............if in doubt ask our honorable minister of darkness

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by deomelo: 12:42am On Jun 18, 2019
9jaRealist:

Again, pass me with CHILDISH personal insults...
Shows a lack of substantively meritorious argument or a crude/poor upbringing. Either way, thanks but no thanks.
>

The GENCOs should be rolling out all kinds of products from wind energy to solar and so on, but they can not because they are chronically in debt

Again, stop blaming your inability to read and comprehend on other people.

I said The GENCOs should be rolling out all kinds of products from wind energy to solar and so on, but you put your own mouth talking about license.

Do the GENCOs need extra or special license to generate energy from other sources? Is their primary role not power generation or they need extra license to do their job?

Childishness was you coming up with irrelevant and redundant argument about DISCO's and DISCOs obtaining licences before doing what they are already are licensed to do.

Next time, read and comprehend before inserting your own side, off topic and irrelevant argument
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 12:47am On Jun 18, 2019
deomelo:

Again, stop blaming your inability to read and comprehend on other people.

I said The GENCOs should be rolling out all kinds of products from wind energy to solar and so on, but you put your own mouth talking about license.

Do the GENCOs need extra or special license to generate energy from other sources? Is their primary role not power generation or they need extra license to do their job?

Childishness was you coming up with irrelevant and redundant argument about DISCO's and DISCOs obtaining licences before doing what they are already are licensed to do.

Next time, read and comprehend before inserting your own side, off topic and irrelevant argument

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnn...
Boring childish drivel! grin
>
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by deomelo: 1:55am On Jun 18, 2019
[s]
9jaRealist:

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnn...
Boring childish drivel!
>
[/s]

lol...

Coming from a can't read and comprehend childish joker.

What's next? I need a license to walk even though I walk without a license?

Too many childish jokers on NL I swear..

grin grin
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 2:01am On Jun 18, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]
lol...

Coming from a can't read and comprehend childish joker.

What's next? I need a license to walk even though I walk without a license?

Too many childish jokers on NL I swear..

grin grin

Bye Felicia!
Haba, na by force? grin grin grin
>
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by deomelo: 2:10am On Jun 18, 2019
[s]
9jaRealist:

Bye Felicia!
Haba, na by force?
>
[/s]

I was actually wondering if quoting me with your can't read and comprehend childish license rubbish was by force..

Hey, do I also need a license to post on NLL even though I've been posting all day?

You should try comedy even though you suck at it..

grin grin
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by 9jaRealist: 2:15am On Jun 18, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]
I was actually wondering if quoting me with your can't read and comprehend childish license rubbish was by force..

Hey, do I also need a license to post on NLL even though I've been posting all day?

You should try comedy even though you suck at it..

grin grin

Sounds like you’re desperate to suck something else. Bye Felicia! Don’t play for your team...SMH
<
Re: Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" by deomelo: 2:28am On Jun 18, 2019
9jaRealist:

Sounds like you’re desperate to suck something else. Bye Felicia! Don’t play for your team...SMH
<

The fact that you enjoy doing such doesn't mean other people are into your sucking lifestyle, way of life and fantasies

I hope there's no license requirement for your sucking activities and fantasies

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MASSOB: Don’t Build Toll Gates In South-East Else We Will Dismantle It / NNPC To Nigerians: Avoid Panic Buying, We Have 1.7bn Litres Of Petrol In Stock / Sanwo-Olu Performs Groundbreaking Ceremony Of ‘The Lagos Arena'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.