Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown (30405 Views)

Innoson Vs GTB: How GTB Stole Over N700 Million From Innoson’s Account - APC New / Innoson Vs Gtb: How Gtb Stole Over N700 Million From Innoson’s Account / Jumia Moves Farther From Profit, Posts USD 61 Million Loss In Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by uuzba(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Shey it's Nigeria?
Shey it's computer?
Hard-disk must surely crash.
Let them go and buy flash drive and back up
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by richieasap: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Me wey use am well for you tube and instagram Lol I get sense na for new SIM I use am.i don collect all my money wey dem steal

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by bigkahuna704(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
I just laugh
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by ikechukz(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
Lame ass bloggers will just sit in their dirty rooms and type rubbish and the crazy mods will move it to the front page without confirmation. The same data that they wiped out in few hours abi na another one sad sad

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

This is totally wrong if true. Is it not better to wipe out the data rather than tampering with monies in people's accounts which may not even belong to the erring customers? If you can locate the lines that stole the data, wipe out the data and leave their bank accounts alone. If you can't, count your losses and move on. I doubt if banks will comply with this kind of directive though.
Are you sure the above news is true?
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2019
That's why stealing data is not good.

If you want cheaper data...there are many legit data resellers around that would sell you data at lower prices. Like MightyData.
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by bamysquare(m): 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2019
Whose fault Karma is a b!tch .... All those deduction una don chop who report una to EFCC

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Kharol1234: 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
y mtn dae lie like dis 700m......and i no follow collect free data ooo cus e for reach 1billion
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
It shall not be well with MTN , they haven’t allow me to browse with the 200 naira 1gig for 1 week
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by capspeter: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

This is totally wrong if true. Is it not better to wipe out the data rather than tampering with monies in people's accounts which may not even belong to the erring customers? If you can locate the lines that stole the data, wipe out the data and leave their bank accounts alone. If you can't, count your losses and move on. I doubt if banks will comply with this kind of directive though.
What if they've used the data.
I know of someone that used 100gig that night
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Tenshades(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Mtn should expect more losses unless it stops indiscriminate deductions of customers' balances without return when complained about.

MTN can even raise mouth and cry foul like a hungry howling village dog. Karma is REAL!!!
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
It was also claimed that the newly listed company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) contacted the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to review cybercrime which developed N50,000 deduction for 128GB from customers whose phone numbers are linked to their account numbers.

They should just wipe the data. Having EFCC debit the money is dobule punishment...unless they want to allow the customers keep their data, then it makes some sense.
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by olassybaba: 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
K
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by dominique(f): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
asuustrike1:

Are you sure the above news is true?

The N700m loss part is very likely true true, they lost a lot of terabytes to the server glitch. The part where they want to deduct money from customer's accounts is most likely false.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by blueghost(m): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
That is Technology for you a little glitch and it will cause you millions that is why the financial industry dont joke with it

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by tfash96(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
Which means 14,000 registered SIM cards Chop this awoof

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by seanjy4konji: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
so banks will just deduct 50 k from a person account?lol

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by chloride6: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
RIP English

grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Alejobs: 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
It takes a lot of discipline to drive on Lagos road without getting infuriated

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Sergioaguero: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
True

Youngstar76:
Better don't mess with people's bank accounts just because your server had a glitch and they utilized the glitch.

These network service providers have been robbing us by providing data at ridiculous prices and still zapping our data on top of it. If u think I'm wrong, buy 1GB of data right now n use it till it gets exhausted then check your phone's data monitoring app to see. It doesn't go anywhere near 1042MB, no matter the network whether MTN, Airtel, Etisalat or GLO.

So tell me why people won't utilize glitches n cheats?
If they mess with the bank account of anyone I know, I'll definitely get myself n my legal team involved.

If at all they were to blame anyone, it's their ICT team.
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
capspeter:
I think the fee will apply to people that have used the data already, while the ones that still have it, it should be removed
Dem.don wipe everybody guy

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by ken6488(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
grin Lies......
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by CioAngels(f): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
BrandSpurNG:
MTN Nigeria server crash on Saturday, a regular source stated this may have cost the telecommunication company an estimated loss of N700 million within two hours.

It was also claimed that the newly listed company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) contacted the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to review cybercrime which developed N50,000 deduction for 128GB from customers whose phone numbers are linked to their account numbers.

Another source said that several MTN customers’ lines who obtained free data via *131*7*5*1*1# were blocked for 24 hours as the company continued to restore its flunked data network.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/06/17/mtn-nigeria-grossed-n700-million-loss-due-to-server-breakdown/
With the tax we are paying to MTN by they deducting our airtime simultaneously with their miserable bonus they claim to give to Nigerians, it is tax to MTN by stealing from the poor masses of Nigeria by trick. One will recharge they will give you bonus only for them to leave their miserable bonus and deduct from main account. They do it both ways. Because of the bribes Nigerian government are taking from them, their conscience is tied so do they cant act only bark. Very shameful. MTN should stop stealling from their network users.
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2019
dominique:

The N700m loss part is very likely true true, they lost a lot of terabytes to the server glitch. The part where they want to deduct money from customer's accounts is most likely false.
Ok
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by richieasap: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2019
Where is lalasticlala self
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Saltoflife: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ahahahha omg
I am teaching digital marketing for those interested on whatsap. ..it may take weeks o. But if you're ready hop in or slide in my whatsap. Now
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Orjivictory15: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2019
freemanbubble:
Empty hen......... hahahhahhaha

Na now them know say he dey pain for body
Them never do them now them don dey cry
Empty hen are like devil
When they give with one hand then they will collect it back with double hands

Glo own worse
Those one go give you cheap data then network go disappear
If network manage come then the speed of browsing go be like that of injured snail or sloth
guy u funny ooo lol
Empty hen
Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
This is serious

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Hienna(m): 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
Youtube must have been going okay with most of the beneficiary..

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown by Revolva(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Na dem sabi make dem loose self good for dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.